Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+51
PyroElleh
CaligoIllioneus
homelessguy
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
PlasticandRage
Yarxov
Cronotis
Exequim
XuitusTheGreat
DarkGerald
GrinTwist
Rynn
GravelordZealot
retro
The Letter X
NathanC
Odinbear
Kirk-Barb
ScottyDoesKnow
Reaperfan
Solid_WolF
PaganiniAlfredo
AnoBakaDesu
thementat
CakeThiefPro
chantienyee
DPSMurphy
WaffleGuy
Hugh_G_Johnson
Hart
Mental Gear
dalsio
redwingsoverbaron
cerealaire
Green__Eagle
Aonaran
befowler
AnCapaillMor
tigab95
Muker
Aigaios
Bassman Bob
Uparkaam
StiffNipples
Undiscovery
reim0027
MikailArksot
Hue
Marino.
Soul of Stray Demon
ResIsBestStat
55 posters

Discoveries you only made recently.

Bassman Bob
    Bassman Bob
    Addicted
    Addicted

Discoveries you only made recently. - Page 6 Empty Re: Discoveries you only made recently.

Post by Bassman Bob Tue Sep 17, 2013 4:17 pm

Soul of Stray Demon wrote:
    Bassman Bob wrote:When using ricard's rapier, it's much more viable to do  the full r2 combo than to riposte when you get a parry. Especially when using buffs.
    Ricard's Rapier mostly is for buffs, because each and every single hit gets the full damage of the buff, with 7 hits and a 300 ar buff, that's 2100 ar plus your actual rapier physical damage.
    Yeah, i'm doing 4215 damage per combo. 7581 if i'm using power within. This weapon is Phucking insane.
    chantienyee
    chantienyee
    Addicted
    Addicted

Discoveries you only made recently. - Page 6 Empty Re: Discoveries you only made recently.

Post by chantienyee Tue Sep 17, 2013 6:41 pm

Just learned from Lobos' latest playthrough that you can kill Havel with fall damage in his tower in about 10 drops  happy
    befowler
    befowler

Post by befowler Wed Sep 18, 2013 11:59 am

-- Crescent axe 1hd and 2hd R1s ignore all obstacles, i.e., no deflection/rebound.  You can actually stunlock people through walls/columns or around corners with it.  It also has nice phantom range, I think because the spike on top of the axe counts as part of the hitbox.

-- Occult bows + moonlight arrows are actually kind of awesome on faith builds.

-- Cooped in a NG++++ fight with Artorias, and it went on so long that eventually he just stopped attacking and tried to walk away.  Every time you approached, he'd do the backwards gunk/abyss spray move, and keep walking.  No idea if it was scripted but it came across as really funny, like he just wanted to be left alone at that point.
    AnoBakaDesu
    AnoBakaDesu

Post by AnoBakaDesu Wed Sep 18, 2013 12:56 pm

Not in-game, but I found this channel today:
    https://www.youtube.com/user/Shotaholics?feature=watch
    Marino.
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Marino. Wed Sep 18, 2013 5:54 pm

Now, i don't know if i have extreme luck or if i stumbled upon something ...
    I just updated my PS3 Dark Souls and i made a New Character, he had 10 Humanity and the Gold Serpent Ring .

The first Silver Knight i killed gave me the Shield
    The first Gardener (the one with the Four Pronged Fork) dropped me the Four Pronged Fork
    The first Ghost i killed dropped me the Jagged Ghost Blade
    The first Darkwraith dropped a slab .

Could all of this be connected somehow ?
    Could it be that you have a guaranteed chance to get a certain Item if you have 10 Humanity and the Ring while it is the first Enemy you killed ?
    Probably not, but it was awesome anyway
    Soul of Stray Demon
    Soul of Stray Demon
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Soul of Stray Demon Wed Sep 18, 2013 5:58 pm

An enchanted washing pole actually has better int scaling then an enchanted Uchi.
    And it still has two e scalings, one in dex and one in str, compared to the uchi only getting an e in dex.
    chantienyee
    chantienyee
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by chantienyee Thu Sep 19, 2013 2:24 am

The hollows in the Undead Parish will follow you up onto the rafters before the Balder Knight guarding the Knight Shield. All the way to the end of the far rafter (not the one with the consumable soul item). Their balance is impeccable!
    Aigaios
    Aigaios
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Aigaios Thu Sep 19, 2013 3:45 am

Bassman Bob wrote:
    Bassman Bob wrote:When using ricard's rapier, it's much more viable to do  the full r2 combo than to riposte when you get a parry. Especially when using buffs.
    Ricard's Rapier mostly is for buffs, because each and every single hit gets the full damage of the buff, with 7 hits and a 300 ar buff, that's 2100 ar plus your actual rapier physical damage.
    Yeah, i'm doing 4215 damage per combo. 7581 if i'm using power within. This weapon is Phucking insane.
    Wow, is this with the Leo Ring or just a buff, also how does it work with the Leo Ring will it give you a counter boost for most of its attacks during its combo, if its a counter?
    Bassman Bob
    Bassman Bob
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Bassman Bob Thu Sep 19, 2013 4:54 am

Aigaios wrote:
    Bassman Bob wrote:
    Wow, is this with the Leo Ring or just a buff, also how does it work with the Leo Ring will it give you a counter boost for most of its attacks during its combo, if its a counter?
    Without. Just power within and darkmoon blade.
    Leo ring will only work on the first 2 attacks of the combo, and i don't think a heavy attack after a parry counts as a counter hit.
    Ricard's rapier is officially my new favorite weapon. I can kill gwyn on ng+++ in one combo.

This build is what i've been using lately. I'm getting 7854 damage per combo. Yes, Seven thousand eight hundred and fifty four damage. That's at 70 poise, while fast rolling, with an assortment of utility miracles.
    chantienyee
    chantienyee
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by chantienyee Thu Sep 19, 2013 5:08 am

Daaang. Would love to see video of this build in action!
    Bassman Bob
    Bassman Bob
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Bassman Bob Thu Sep 19, 2013 5:20 am

I'd love to make one. But i don't have any video recording gear.
    The build is surprisingly effective for gank-spankery, Just get them in a narrow corridor, use WoTG and just as they're getting up do the r2 combo. Or use karmic justice and block their attacks with the dark hand.
    PaganiniAlfredo

Post by PaganiniAlfredo Fri Sep 20, 2013 8:19 pm

In Senn's Fortress after Seath kills you if you kill all but the last two of those weird demonic tentacled women they won't attack you and if you listen to them they start to sob.
    CakeThiefPro
    CakeThiefPro
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by CakeThiefPro Sat Sep 21, 2013 3:10 am

I can't believe I only just noticed this yesterday but you can roll from the bridge that fire bombs are thrown onto down into the blue tear stone ring to take a massive short cut... yeh what else have I missed?
    Soul of Stray Demon
    Soul of Stray Demon
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Soul of Stray Demon Sat Sep 21, 2013 1:36 pm

Those slime things in new londo, can cover you in their sludge. Not only does it slow you down, it does damage over time, and causes your Estus Flask to heal less.
    Solid_WolF
    Solid_WolF

Post by Solid_WolF Sat Sep 21, 2013 3:22 pm

That hidden cave on the Valley of Drakes with a Humanity on it.
    CakeThiefPro
    CakeThiefPro
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by CakeThiefPro Sat Sep 21, 2013 5:47 pm

Solid_WolF wrote:That hidden cave on the Valley of Drakes with a Humanity on it.
    I have Vaati to thank for my knowledge of that one xD
    Soul of Stray Demon
    Soul of Stray Demon
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Soul of Stray Demon Sat Sep 21, 2013 6:28 pm

CakeThiefPro wrote:
    Solid_WolF wrote:That hidden cave on the Valley of Drakes with a Humanity on it.
    Noticed it first time I went through the valley. I was attacking the wyvern, and it would not die. So I ran into the cave part and picked up the humanity.  Sadly I was not able to get out without dying.
    CakeThiefPro
    CakeThiefPro
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by CakeThiefPro Sun Sep 22, 2013 3:08 am

CakeThiefPro wrote:
    Noticed it first time I went through the valley. I was attacking the wyvern, and it would not die. So I ran into the cave part and picked up the humanity.  Sadly I was not able to get out without dying.
    Fighting those drakes was so hard, I think the first time I found them was from the other direction and ever since they kicked my *** I've just committed to running past them since I'm prone to falling off pretty much everything in Dark Souls rolling eyes
    chantienyee
    chantienyee
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by chantienyee Sun Sep 22, 2013 4:02 am

Whoa. The serpent mage guarding the cage key in Sen's just spat green stuff at me! I looked this up on both wikis and see nothing about it. Has anyone else encountered this before? It inflicted damage, but as far as I can tell didn't degrade my equip durability like I expected (looked like acid). Seriously -- never seen this before...
    CakeThiefPro
    CakeThiefPro
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by CakeThiefPro Sun Sep 22, 2013 4:13 am

My PS3s at home now so I can't check this kind of stuff. 
    Bad day
    chantienyee
    chantienyee
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by chantienyee Sun Sep 22, 2013 4:17 am

Also just learned that you can kill the giant that drops the rolling boulders, which in turn stops the boulders from rolling altogether, and that you can safely drop down the hole onto the platform where the boulders are hammered down the paths. I'd seen the jump been made in videos before, but I don't think I'd seen the rest.

EDIT: Also, he respawns  sad
    Bassman Bob
    Bassman Bob
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Bassman Bob Sun Sep 22, 2013 6:28 am

chantienyee wrote:Also just learned that you can kill the giant that drops the rolling boulders, which in turn stops the boulders from rolling altogether, and that you can safely drop down the hole onto the platform where the boulders are hammered down the paths. I'd seen the jump been made in videos before, but I don't think I'd seen the rest.

EDIT: Also, he respawns  sad
    You can just use the cage shortcut, you know.
    chantienyee
    chantienyee
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by chantienyee Sun Sep 22, 2013 6:43 am

I know  :p  I lost my souls down near the Slumbering Dragoncrest Ring, fighting a Prowling Demon, and figured this would be faster.
    Reaperfan
    Reaperfan
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Reaperfan Mon Sep 23, 2013 12:08 am

Aural Decoy is an INSANELY useful spell. It doesn't just create a distraction, it actually acts as a Soul Remains/Alluring Skull, actively taking any and all aggro off of you from everything except bosses even in the middle of a fight. Wanna get the Capra Demon's dogs off of you? Wanna get your Soul Arrows past the Anor Londo Giants' shields? This spell pretty much solves all the problems a pure caster build can face.
    befowler
    befowler

Post by befowler Mon Sep 23, 2013 12:16 pm

I love aural decoy; because it sticks to stuff you can do all sorts of amusing things with enemy pathfinding by casting it on walls or hard to reach places.  You can sometimes get mobs to suicide that way, or at least get in a position where you can kick/BS them off.

Recently discovered that if you use the skull lantern down in the ToG, it creates this trail of ghost lights on the walls that other players can see (unlike the light spell or the sunlight maggot, which only the player using them can see).  So it's great for coop because only one player needs to use it and then everyone benefits.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:01 am