Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+51
PyroElleh
CaligoIllioneus
homelessguy
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
PlasticandRage
Yarxov
Cronotis
Exequim
XuitusTheGreat
DarkGerald
GrinTwist
Rynn
GravelordZealot
retro
The Letter X
NathanC
Odinbear
Kirk-Barb
ScottyDoesKnow
Reaperfan
Solid_WolF
PaganiniAlfredo
AnoBakaDesu
thementat
CakeThiefPro
chantienyee
DPSMurphy
WaffleGuy
Hugh_G_Johnson
Hart
Mental Gear
dalsio
redwingsoverbaron
cerealaire
Green__Eagle
Aonaran
befowler
AnCapaillMor
tigab95
Muker
Aigaios
Bassman Bob
Uparkaam
StiffNipples
Undiscovery
reim0027
MikailArksot
Hue
Marino.
Soul of Stray Demon
ResIsBestStat
55 posters

Discoveries you only made recently.

ScottyDoesKnow
    ScottyDoesKnow
    Addicted
    Addicted

Discoveries you only made recently. - Page 7 Empty Re: Discoveries you only made recently.

Post by ScottyDoesKnow Mon Sep 23, 2013 1:51 pm

Some enemies do far more poise damage than they should, like the painting guardians in the rafters. I guess they didn't want people turtling for that part.

And we all know that the torch hollows do huge poise damage, but I noticed that the multiple hit running attack will do over 82 poise damage on the first hit. Hate those guys.

Edit: the running attack breaks 161 poise on the first hit.

Last edited by ScottyDoesKnow on Mon Sep 23, 2013 5:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Kirk-Barb
    Kirk-Barb
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Discoveries you only made recently. - Page 7 Empty Re: Discoveries you only made recently.

Post by Kirk-Barb Mon Sep 23, 2013 3:26 pm

Did you know if you leave the first slot open for the arrows and bolts but put them in the second slot only, your character will not show the quiver on his back.
    ScottyDoesKnow
    ScottyDoesKnow
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by ScottyDoesKnow Mon Sep 23, 2013 3:50 pm

Kirk-Barb wrote:Did you know if you leave the first slot open for the arrows and bolts but put them in the second slot only, your character will not show the quiver on his back.
    I had no idea, that's awesome. There are a couple characters I have that look much better without quivers.
    reim0027
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 Mon Sep 23, 2013 10:18 pm

ScottyDoesKnow wrote:
    Kirk-Barb wrote:Did you know if you leave the first slot open for the arrows and bolts but put them in the second slot only, your character will not show the quiver on his back.
    I had no idea, that's awesome. There are a couple characters I have that look much better without quivers.
    That's awesome. I hate the look of the quivers.
    Marino.
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Marino. Wed Sep 25, 2013 5:06 pm

Headshots not only do more damage, they also makes you poison things faster .

I tested it with Poison Knives against the Gardeners in Oolacile, it takes me 2 Knives to get them posioned but only one when it's a headshot
    Bassman Bob
    Bassman Bob
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Bassman Bob Thu Sep 26, 2013 5:31 pm

Silver knight straight sword is awesome.
    Dragonslayer greatbow is actually useful in pve.
    Using the undead burg to lower undead burg jumping shortcut is an awesome way to troll in pvp.
    Sage robes actually looks pretty badass.

Last edited by Bassman Bob on Fri Sep 27, 2013 12:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Odinbear
    Odinbear
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Location : Sitting here in limbo, but I know it won't be long. Sitting here in limbo, like a bird without a song. Well they're putting up resistance, but I know that my faith will lead me on. Sitting here in limbo, waiting for the dice to roll.

Post by Odinbear Thu Sep 26, 2013 9:14 pm

titanite demons can use their weapon to pinch you and slam you to the floor.
    reim0027
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 Thu Sep 26, 2013 10:30 pm

Bleed builds up on crits too. With my reinforced club, I got a bleed out on the second hit of the riposte for uber extra damage.
    NathanC
    NathanC
    Casual
    Casual

Post by NathanC Fri Sep 27, 2013 12:34 pm

Learned something cool just now fighting Quelaag.

If you have the Great Scythe handy, it is the perfect weapon for beating her.

It's light(RB) one handed attack is a long reaching down swing. If you're face to face, it will hit the human part of her each and every time. Thus, each and every on of those hits will stagger her. Opening her up to more hits.

I just learned this and oh God, what a game changer,
    Solid_WolF
    Solid_WolF

Post by Solid_WolF Fri Sep 27, 2013 2:53 pm

NathanC wrote:Learned something cool just now fighting Quelaag.

It's light(RB) one handed attack is a long reaching down swing. If you're face to face, it will hit the human part of her each and every time. Thus, each and every on of those hits will stagger her. Opening her up to more hits.

Well snap, I never knew you could hit Queelag's human body. You do learn something new everyday.
    Soul of Stray Demon
    Soul of Stray Demon
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Soul of Stray Demon Fri Sep 27, 2013 2:57 pm

You can cheese so many bosses, my favorite is with gaping dragon. If you're a phantom, just have a bow and a whole bunch of arrows, don't enter the fog gate, just stay above, and you can get the dragon to aggro on you, but because you're not in the arena, it can't hit you. (Although beware it's slime attack thing, that can hit) and it allows the other players to attack mostly as freely as they want.
    The Letter X
    The Letter X
    Revived
    Revived

Post by The Letter X Fri Sep 27, 2013 3:29 pm

This is possible with any other halberd as well. Just hesitate between attacks so they all do the overhand swing. I first saw this in a speed run when someone used the Black Knight Halberd to make the first half of the game a joke even as an extremely low level.
    retro
    retro
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by retro Sun Sep 29, 2013 4:28 pm

Discoveries you only made recently. - Page 7 Z1rsTw9

Hey, it's the Demon's Souls Priest in Dark Souls!

source: http://hellkitedrake.tumblr.com/
    larger: https://i.imgur.com/z1rsTw9.jpg
    Bassman Bob
    Bassman Bob
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Bassman Bob Sun Sep 29, 2013 4:36 pm

That's slightly creepy.
    GravelordZealot
    GravelordZealot

Post by GravelordZealot Wed Oct 02, 2013 12:30 am

You can "backstab" mushroom babies.
    AnCapaillMor
    AnCapaillMor
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by AnCapaillMor Wed Oct 02, 2013 4:46 am

GravelordZealot wrote:You can "backstab" mushroom babies.
    They don't do that death cry if you do the bs. I BS them, that death cry rips my soul apart.
    befowler
    befowler

Post by befowler Fri Oct 04, 2013 6:46 pm

Dragonform roar also deflects "friendly" effects from summons, including WDB and the MLGS wave attacks.  It looks really funny when you cast WDB at someone spamming the roar and then a line of crystals shoots out of your rear behind you.
    Marino.
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Marino. Mon Oct 07, 2013 5:38 pm

You can use the Dark Sign and still collect your Bloodstain afterwards .

For some reason i thought you lose your Bloodstain...
    Soul of Stray Demon
    Soul of Stray Demon
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Soul of Stray Demon Mon Oct 07, 2013 6:00 pm

Marino. wrote:You can use the Dark Sign and still collect your Bloodstain afterwards .

Do you mean that using the Dark Sign drops a bloodstain? Or that having a bloodstain out and using the Dark Sign doesn't cause it to go away.
    The Letter X
    The Letter X
    Revived
    Revived

Post by The Letter X Mon Oct 07, 2013 6:03 pm

Soul of Stray Demon wrote:
    Marino. wrote:You can use the Dark Sign and still collect your Bloodstain afterwards .

Do you mean that using the Dark Sign drops a bloodstain? Or that having a bloodstain out and using the Dark Sign doesn't cause it to go away.
    I'm pretty sure both are true.
    Marino.
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Marino. Mon Oct 07, 2013 6:06 pm

The Letter X wrote:

I meant that when you die and don't collect your stain you can use the Dark Sign and still collect it afterwards .
    reim0027
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 Mon Oct 07, 2013 10:24 pm

Marino. wrote:
    The Letter X wrote:

I meant that when you die and don't collect your stain you can use the Dark Sign and still collect it afterwards .
    Really?? That is good to know.

I discovered today that if you have a cursed toon and overwrite another toon on that slot, it will be cursed (in the HUD), but the vitality will be normal.
    Soul of Stray Demon
    Soul of Stray Demon
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Soul of Stray Demon Mon Oct 07, 2013 10:28 pm

reim0027 wrote:
    Marino. wrote:
    The Letter X wrote:

Really??  That is good to know.

I discovered today that if you have a cursed toon and overwrite another toon on that slot, it will be cursed (in the HUD), but the vitality will be normal.
    Same way bottomless box glitch worked then huh?

What I'm wondering is if they can still get cursed after that.
    Marino.
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Marino. Tue Oct 08, 2013 7:41 am

Gotta try that one out. What happens when you die with that character, Reim ?
    reim0027
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 Tue Oct 08, 2013 10:09 pm

Stays the same. I just got rid of my "curse" and I had 4 soft humanity (probably the random soft humanity you get from playing). Does someone want to try to see if they can go to human form with this?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:40 pm