Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+51
PyroElleh
CaligoIllioneus
homelessguy
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
PlasticandRage
Yarxov
Cronotis
Exequim
XuitusTheGreat
DarkGerald
GrinTwist
Rynn
GravelordZealot
retro
The Letter X
NathanC
Odinbear
Kirk-Barb
ScottyDoesKnow
Reaperfan
Solid_WolF
PaganiniAlfredo
AnoBakaDesu
thementat
CakeThiefPro
chantienyee
DPSMurphy
WaffleGuy
Hugh_G_Johnson
Hart
Mental Gear
dalsio
redwingsoverbaron
cerealaire
Green__Eagle
Aonaran
befowler
AnCapaillMor
tigab95
Muker
Aigaios
Bassman Bob
Uparkaam
StiffNipples
Undiscovery
reim0027
MikailArksot
Hue
Marino.
Soul of Stray Demon
ResIsBestStat
55 posters

Discoveries you only made recently.

Muker
    Muker
    Regular
    Regular

Discoveries you only made recently. - Page 10 Empty Re: Discoveries you only made recently.

Post by Muker Mon Oct 28, 2013 6:34 pm

1. I think that the arrows also benefit from bows scalling.

Using:
    normall arrows + darkmoon bow
    I got higher damage than
    normal arrows + ocult composite bow
    [or maybe it was the other way around]

But when I switched to moonligth arrows the ocult composite bow did more damage.

2. I tried Vow of Silence in PvE. This is what it blocks:
    - it blocks channeler soul spell,
    - it blocks serpent mages spell,
    - it blocks faceless deamon ligthning attack,
    - it blocks anor londo sentinels WoG and Healing spells,
    - it blocks all necromancer spells,
    - it blocks pyromancy spells from the chaos sister in front of bed of chaos,
    - it blocks spells from the forest mage (so I guess it will be the same for the priest, Griggs and other npcs).

Those are not afected:
    - channeler dance and teleport,
    - serpent mage acid spit,
    - cragspider fire attack,
    - lost izalith statues fire atack,
    - wisp explosions,
    - Pinwheels in fornt of Nito cave,
    - skellies resurect while under the vow of silence.

3. Spamming LB RB can save you from 4 kings grab, had none damage dealt but I'm not sure if you loose humanity, since I was at 0, at that point.
    Yarxov
    Yarxov
    Revived
    Revived

Discoveries you only made recently. - Page 10 Empty Re: Discoveries you only made recently.

Post by Yarxov Mon Oct 28, 2013 6:52 pm

Vow of Silence is like TwoP in terms if area right? This could make titanite farming easier for ranged toons. I have never used it but it seems to be useful. Interesting.
    Marino.
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Marino. Mon Oct 28, 2013 6:57 pm

Use that one spell from dusk that shoots an orb that makes noise on the Giants in Anor Londo, it blew my mind
    DarkGerald
    DarkGerald
    Casual
    Casual

Post by DarkGerald Thu Oct 31, 2013 4:26 am

A full charge of crystal soul masses does more damage than a crystal spear. I only noticed that on NG++ in demon ruins, where a CS wouldn't insta kill a Capra but the CSM does. I always thought that the CS does the most damage.
    Soul of Stray Demon
    Soul of Stray Demon
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Soul of Stray Demon Thu Oct 31, 2013 1:55 pm

Muker wrote:1. I think that the arrows also benefit from bows scalling.

Using:
    normall arrows + darkmoon bow
    I got higher damage than
    normal arrows + ocult composite bow
    [or maybe it was the other way around]
    But when I switched to moonligth arrows the ocult composite bow did more damage.
    Ok, you can actually test it with Mugen as well.

With an Occult Black bow of Pharis at 40 faith, Standard Arrows give the Bow a total of 141 magic damage, while Moonlight Arrows give it a total of 314 magic damage, a difference of 173. And an Occult Composite Bow gives a total of 182 Magic with Standard Arrows and 325 Magic with Moonlight arrows, a difference of a 143.
    http://mmdks.com/4gpf

But at 50 faith, the Black Bow with Standard gives 158 magic, while the Moonlight gives 353, for a difference of 195. While a Standard Arrow Composite gives 200, while the Moonlight gives 358, for a difference of 158.
    http://mmdks.com/4gph

So actually.. and this is quite sad, the scaling is actually quite minimal.

For the 10 points into faith, the scaling on the Moonlight Arrows for the Black Bow only increases by 13 magic points.

However, because of the scaling of the bow as well, it increases by a total of 39, leaving the bow scaling itself to dedicate an additional 26, for those 10 points of faith.

1. The arrows do an additional 1.3 magic AR on average per faith level.

2. The bow does an additional 2.6 magic AR on average per faith level.

3. Both together give an additional 3.9 magic AR on average per faith level.

In fact, this doesn't just apply to moonlight arrows, but also standard arrows and normal bows as well.

Wooden Arrows and a Black Bow of Pharis at 30 Dex do 275 Ar, while Large arrows do 332. A difference of 57.

At 40 dex the wooden arrows and bow do 328, while large arrows and bow do 397, for a difference of 69.

So yes, Arrows themselves have scaling, and it's actually quite a lot for the small amount of damage they do, but because of the small damage they do, it's still not normally enough to make a big enough difference on their own. (not including the bow scaling)

Whether or not it's worth it though, is up to you.
    Kirk-Barb
    Kirk-Barb
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Kirk-Barb Thu Oct 31, 2013 3:09 pm

Every point of damage I can do to an opponent is one more point of damage towards victory. (:
    Soul of Stray Demon
    Soul of Stray Demon
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Soul of Stray Demon Thu Oct 31, 2013 4:59 pm

Oh btw, If someone could do some damage tests for me, I could try to find out the defense bonus that Iron Flesh gives.

I need four different tests. Defence Higher then Attack, and Attack higher then defence. Two for each one. And then do each one again, but this time with Iron Flesh.

I'll need the AR, Defense, and actual amount of damage done in one hit for each test.

Please try to use a rapier or a spear, because their r1's are guaranteed thrust attacks.

I'll use this data to see if Iron Flesh gives a percent boost, or a static boost, or however it works.
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Sat Nov 02, 2013 1:35 am

You can use the Hawk Ring/BBoP combo to kill Lautrec and his party without aggroing them from far away. They don't react at all when you hit them.

Not that they're really all that difficult to begin with. It was just fun to do.
    Yarxov
    Yarxov
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Yarxov Sat Nov 02, 2013 1:45 am

How is the damage drop off? I always figured if you need a hawk ring to hit them you wouldn't do enough damage per shot anyways.

Last edited by Yarxov on Sat Nov 02, 2013 3:18 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Irritating weird spelling mess)
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Sat Nov 02, 2013 2:08 am

Not so much with the combo of the two. You can snipe things at full damage from really far away. The BBoP isn't all that powerful to begin with anyway though. If I plan on sniping things I usually carry some poison arrows, and poison them first, then chip away damage. I was doing about 40ish per shot with wooden arrows from all the way across the room this time.
    Yarxov
    Yarxov
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Yarxov Sat Nov 02, 2013 2:13 am

why the wooden arrows? Are they secretly awesome?
    Soul of Stray Demon
    Soul of Stray Demon
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Soul of Stray Demon Sat Nov 02, 2013 2:21 am

Well they are secretly incredibly cheap, and when you're sniping from far away.. the poison probably matters more.
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Sat Nov 02, 2013 2:42 am

I usually buy 999 of them early,^ because they're incredibly cheap, and because I tend to only fire arrows at things I can either stand to kill with 1,000 shots from out of attack range, have low enough max HP to die with one shot, or are just shooting in order to aggro.

Times that I've gone out intending to seriously snipe I've brought feather arrows though. With the combination of all three you can snipe for actually pretty decent damage from obscenely far away.
    Yarxov
    Yarxov
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Yarxov Sat Nov 02, 2013 4:43 am

The Demons help you to Anor Londo because they are the only real ones.

Also: Feather arrows are best arrows.
    homelessguy
    Casual
    Casual

Post by homelessguy Sun Nov 03, 2013 3:10 pm

the drakes in the valley can be farmed from start of game by getting the morning star (13 shot kill with cleric class) and the barbarian's will fall off the cliff if u just keep running to blightown giving you 9500 in around 5-15 mins (depends of if drakes are trolls by flying for half an hour)

also I got the black knight with the halberd to cut of 3 of the heads of the hydra last night =)
    reim0027
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 Sun Nov 03, 2013 9:26 pm

homelessguy wrote: . . . also I got the black knight with the halberd to cut of 3 of the heads of the hydra last night =)
    That is way cool.
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Sun Nov 03, 2013 10:58 pm

How'd you manage that? Can you rapport them?
    chantienyee
    chantienyee
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by chantienyee Mon Nov 04, 2013 1:51 am

homelessguy wrote:also I got the black knight with the halberd to cut of 3 of the heads of the hydra last night =)
    Super cool! On purpose?
    Muker
    Muker
    Regular
    Regular

Post by Muker Mon Nov 04, 2013 11:09 am

I'm not sure why, but when I parry (using buckler) silver knigth's sword attack, they do deal some damage to me. But only when they swing from the left (their perspective).
    Yarxov
    Yarxov
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Yarxov Mon Nov 04, 2013 11:53 am

That's a near miss parry. I keep on missing the Darkwraith 2 Handed attack. There's something about it where I can parry everything else but that attack.
    CaligoIllioneus
    CaligoIllioneus
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by CaligoIllioneus Mon Nov 04, 2013 1:55 pm

Muker wrote:I'm not sure why, but when I parry (using buckler) silver knigth's sword attack, they do deal some damage to me. But only when they swing from the left (their perspective).
    You can get very close parries that do partial parry damage despite it actually being successful. And in PvP you can sometimes even parry an attack and have it do full damage to you.
    chantienyee
    chantienyee
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by chantienyee Mon Nov 04, 2013 2:00 pm

Vageta's video explains parrying really well:
    Muker
    Muker
    Regular
    Regular

Post by Muker Mon Nov 04, 2013 2:18 pm

I know there are partial parries that reduce damage, but from what I remember they don't stun enemy. with those attacks I got both a successful stun on enemy and partial damage dealt to me from the same attack. Will have to try it with a normal shield, maybe buckler makes partial parries a successful one. I'm used to heavy shields, this was first time using buckler.
    chantienyee
    chantienyee
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by chantienyee Mon Nov 04, 2013 2:25 pm

The damage to you and parry of the enemy always happen when you partial parry a parryable enemy. If you're getting the damage and not parrying, then you've just parried too early or too late and it's not a parry, even though you perform the parry animation.
    Muker
    Muker
    Regular
    Regular

Post by Muker Mon Nov 04, 2013 2:38 pm

Ohh okay. I was quite sure that partial ONLY reduces damage.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Mar 19, 2024 7:22 am