Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+51
PyroElleh
CaligoIllioneus
homelessguy
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
PlasticandRage
Yarxov
Cronotis
Exequim
XuitusTheGreat
DarkGerald
GrinTwist
Rynn
GravelordZealot
retro
The Letter X
NathanC
Odinbear
Kirk-Barb
ScottyDoesKnow
Reaperfan
Solid_WolF
PaganiniAlfredo
AnoBakaDesu
thementat
CakeThiefPro
chantienyee
DPSMurphy
WaffleGuy
Hugh_G_Johnson
Hart
Mental Gear
dalsio
redwingsoverbaron
cerealaire
Green__Eagle
Aonaran
befowler
AnCapaillMor
tigab95
Muker
Aigaios
Bassman Bob
Uparkaam
StiffNipples
Undiscovery
reim0027
MikailArksot
Hue
Marino.
Soul of Stray Demon
ResIsBestStat
55 posters

Discoveries you only made recently.

MikailArksot
    MikailArksot
    Addicted
    Addicted

Discoveries you only made recently. - Page 3 Empty Re: Discoveries you only made recently.

Post by MikailArksot Fri Aug 30, 2013 10:39 pm

Soul of Stray Demon wrote:
    MikailArksot wrote:A Bastard Sword +5 does 44 damage on the Four Kings.

In other words, don't use it against them; by the time you put a dent in the overall health, two more Kings have spawned.
    Don't use any +5 weapons on the four kings? (except for the unique one's of course)
    I'd rather not kill the Capra Demon.

I'm making a Darkwraith, so I gotta kill the Four Kings to talk to Kaathe.
    Soul of Stray Demon
    Soul of Stray Demon
    Revived
    Revived

Discoveries you only made recently. - Page 3 Empty Re: Discoveries you only made recently.

Post by Soul of Stray Demon Fri Aug 30, 2013 10:42 pm

Then at least upgrade it to Fire. Would still work better.
    Green__Eagle
    Green__Eagle
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Green__Eagle Fri Aug 30, 2013 10:42 pm

It would be neat if you attacked one of the small mushroom people, they would scream causing all the other mushrooms people to surround you and try to kill you.
    cerealaire
    cerealaire
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by cerealaire Sat Aug 31, 2013 1:42 am

just noticed since i got better at parrying,people run away (when i do criticals i use my fists)
    StiffNipples
    StiffNipples
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by StiffNipples Sat Aug 31, 2013 4:06 am

MikailArksot wrote:Crystal Magic Weapon + Falchion +15 + Heavy Jump Attack + Taurus Demon = 1,700+ damage.

At SL1, with a +5 Reinforced Club, Gold Pine Resin, RTS ring, Power Within and with a Jump Attack to Plunging Attack I do 1530dmg to the Taurus Demon.

You should be able to get way, way more out of what you're using than 1700dmg.

ResIsBestStat wrote:
    Killing Ingward on PC sometimes results in a bug where Ingward doesn't drop the Key to the Seal.

This glitch is almost exclusively on NG+ and I've never heard of it happening on NG.

Pretty much don't kill him on NG+ and you won't run into it, do kill him on NG+ and it's almost a certainty that it will happen though.

Undiscovery wrote:Dark Bead make everything a cakewalk. It's the games 'easymode.'silly

+1

I can do 8000+ dmg with Dark Bead in PvP, almost a minimum of 5000dmg in PvE.

So balanced.
    redwingsoverbaron
    redwingsoverbaron

Post by redwingsoverbaron Sat Aug 31, 2013 4:37 am

if you go out to the forest right before the crystal caverns, instead of going down the latter just roll off the right side and you wont take any fall damage... its the little things.
    Bassman Bob
    Bassman Bob
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Bassman Bob Sat Aug 31, 2013 8:36 am

Seath takes stupidly low damage from magic. doh
    MikailArksot
    MikailArksot
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by MikailArksot Sat Aug 31, 2013 9:48 am

Bassman Bob wrote:Seath takes stupidly low damage from magic. :doh:
    I think that would be most logical, seeing as he has studied crystals and their magical properties for some time.

But on the plus side, Seath is ridiculously weak to fire, like a lot of bosses.
    ResIsBestStat
    ResIsBestStat
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by ResIsBestStat Sat Aug 31, 2013 10:59 am

Gwyn is the lord of Sunlight and later the lord of Cinder, making him have large control over fire, but strangely he is weak against fire.
    Soul of Stray Demon
    Soul of Stray Demon
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Soul of Stray Demon Sat Aug 31, 2013 3:35 pm

ResIsBestStat wrote:Gwyn is the lord of Sunlight and later the lord of Cinder, making him have large control over fire, but strangely he is weak against fire.
    I heard a theory about that before, that he is slowly "burning away" so using fire attacks against him speeds that process up.
    Aigaios
    Aigaios
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Aigaios Sat Aug 31, 2013 4:30 pm

I think it's because pyromancy produces a different kind of flame, the flame is more connected to humanity and the undead so the gods would have very little defense against it.
    Bassman Bob
    Bassman Bob
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Bassman Bob Sat Aug 31, 2013 4:46 pm

Gankers can, in fact be easy to beat.
    There's a glitch that allows you to cast pursuers and crystal homing soulmass simultaneously. Looks badass. But it's damn nearimpossible to pull off reliably.
    Buffs can make whips viable weapons.
    Soul of Stray Demon
    Soul of Stray Demon
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Soul of Stray Demon Sat Aug 31, 2013 6:51 pm

. Strike as a damage type is unique from the other physical damage types in that no weapon that deals it has the potential to inflict an additional type with a different attack from its moveset. 

I never really noticed that. Quite interesting.
    dalsio
    dalsio
    Regular
    Regular

Post by dalsio Sun Sep 01, 2013 3:19 am

You can stagger Sentinels, crystal golems, and titanite demons.
    Bassman Bob
    Bassman Bob
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Bassman Bob Sun Sep 01, 2013 5:02 am

Magic bonewheel shield+10 is a badass weapon for an int/str build.
    Mental Gear
    Mental Gear
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Mental Gear Sun Sep 01, 2013 8:38 am

There is a crystal lizard in Oolacile Township on one of those small square roofs.
    Hart
    Hart
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Hart Sun Sep 01, 2013 8:43 am

Mental Gear wrote:There is a crystal lizard in Oolacile Township on one of those small square roofs.
    Today was actually the first time I had seen that particular lizard. Went all billy-bada$$ on him with a Crystal Soul Spear buffed with TCC, Bellowing DCRing and Dusk Crown.
    ResIsBestStat
    ResIsBestStat
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by ResIsBestStat Sun Sep 01, 2013 8:58 am

You can survive falling from the Iron Golem platform
    Mental Gear
    Mental Gear
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Mental Gear Sun Sep 01, 2013 9:08 am

First time I saw it, rolled right off the ledge.
    None of the crystal lizard walkthroughs mentioned it and it wasn't in the wiki either.
    Spoiler:
    Bassman Bob
    Bassman Bob
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Bassman Bob Sun Sep 01, 2013 12:52 pm

I got him with a jumping attack on my first time going through the place, i tought he was common knowledge.
    Hugh_G_Johnson
    Hugh_G_Johnson
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Hugh_G_Johnson Sun Sep 01, 2013 7:20 pm

The three annoying dogs at the beginning of the lower undead burg can easily be lured into running right into the pile of burning corpses.  It 1-shots them in NG.  

If you destroy the gyro statuette things in The Duke's Archives the metal balls in the middle can be kicked for a short period after.  And if you keep kicking it you can keep it 'alive' longer.  Guess where I've been doing darkmoon invasions today...

If a painting guardian falls on the chandelier it will break the chain and the chandelier will fall.  Makes sense, but I'd never seen it  before.
    ResIsBestStat
    ResIsBestStat
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by ResIsBestStat Mon Sep 02, 2013 2:37 am

Shiva is based on an Hindu God that had 6 eyes. No wonder why that God originated from the East.
    MikailArksot
    MikailArksot
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by MikailArksot Mon Sep 02, 2013 10:57 am

Though this is personal experience, it takes approximately 15 minutes to make a complete, but not fully upgraded, Oscar cosplay.

Start as a Knight, complete the tutorial. Then get 14 Faith and run down to the Valley of Drakes to get the Astora's Straight Sword and Dragon Crest Shield (it helps later). Run to the Darkroot Garden (by going to the elevator, running past the Black Knight, and going up.) Run from the little puddle to the fog gate, then make a dash for the Elite Knight set. After you get it, run all the way to the titanite Demon in the Parish, around it, and then go to the Church to activate the elevator and then hop off do where you would to go the Asylum. Enter the Asylum, kill the Hollows, and head to Oscar's spot. Kill him, and you get the Crest Shield. If you have a Homeward Bone, use it. Otherwise, run all the way back to the nest, and then hit the Firelink bonfire.

Boom. Oscar cosplay in 15-20 minutes.
    Hart
    Hart
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Hart Mon Sep 02, 2013 11:04 am

MikailArksot wrote:Though this is personal experience, it takes approximately 15 minutes to make a complete, but not fully upgraded, Oscar cosplay.

Start as a Knight, complete the tutorial. Then get 14 Faith and run down to the Valley of Drakes to get the Astora's Straight Sword and Dragon Crest Shield (it helps later). Run to the Darkroot Garden (by going to the elevator, running past the Black Knight, and going up.) Run from the little puddle to the fog gate, then make a dash for the Elite Knight set. After you get it, run all the way to the titanite Demon in the Parish, around it, and then go to the Church to activate the elevator and then hop off do where you would to go the Asylum. Enter the Asylum, kill the Hollows, and head to Oscar's spot. Kill him, and you get the Crest Shield. If you have a Homeward Bone, use it. Otherwise, run all the way back to the nest, and then hit the Firelink bonfire.

Boom. Oscar cosplay in 15-20 minutes.
    Jeesus you can do that in 20 minutes? Color me impressed mate!
    Marino.
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Marino. Mon Sep 02, 2013 11:32 am

Hart wrote:
    MikailArksot wrote:*long*
    Jeesus you can do that in 20 minutes? Color me impressed mate!
    I can make a Fire Weapon in 8 Minutes .
    Well What is it

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 1:36 pm