Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+51
PyroElleh
CaligoIllioneus
homelessguy
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
PlasticandRage
Yarxov
Cronotis
Exequim
XuitusTheGreat
DarkGerald
GrinTwist
Rynn
GravelordZealot
retro
The Letter X
NathanC
Odinbear
Kirk-Barb
ScottyDoesKnow
Reaperfan
Solid_WolF
PaganiniAlfredo
AnoBakaDesu
thementat
CakeThiefPro
chantienyee
DPSMurphy
WaffleGuy
Hugh_G_Johnson
Hart
Mental Gear
dalsio
redwingsoverbaron
cerealaire
Green__Eagle
Aonaran
befowler
AnCapaillMor
tigab95
Muker
Aigaios
Bassman Bob
Uparkaam
StiffNipples
Undiscovery
reim0027
MikailArksot
Hue
Marino.
Soul of Stray Demon
ResIsBestStat
55 posters

Discoveries you only made recently.

Undiscovery
    Undiscovery
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Discoveries you only made recently. - Page 4 Empty Re: Discoveries you only made recently.

Post by Undiscovery Mon Sep 02, 2013 11:32 am

If no one invades your progress, not bigga feat. I have before at game start all the while not even trying to cosplay oscar, I just needed his shiz on my pally. And Astora sword for low-catacombing.
    Hart
    Hart
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Discoveries you only made recently. - Page 4 Empty Re: Discoveries you only made recently.

Post by Hart Mon Sep 02, 2013 11:40 am

Hugh_G_Johnson wrote:If you destroy the gyro statuette things in The Duke's Archives the metal balls in the middle can be kicked for a short period after.  And if you keep kicking it you can keep it 'alive' longer.  Guess where I've been doing darkmoon invasions today...
    Please don't hate on the n00b for asking this, but could someone clarify what Hugh is talking about here?
    Pics would be fantastic, but just a clear explanation of what he's talking about would be great, seeing as I have no GD idea where these metal balls are or WTF the gyro statuettes are referring to...

Thanks in advance silly

@ Marino Bow 
    Soul of Stray Demon
    Soul of Stray Demon
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Soul of Stray Demon Mon Sep 02, 2013 12:02 pm

Marino. wrote:
    Hart wrote:
    MikailArksot wrote:*long*
    Jeesus you can do that in 20 minutes? Color me impressed mate!
    I can make a Fire Weapon in 8 Minutes .
    Well What is it
    I can make a lightning in one. MEGAMULE...... I don't have it though.
    Aigaios
    Aigaios
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Aigaios Mon Sep 02, 2013 1:00 pm

Gankers and a lot of other players will avoid the mist spells more then the lava left by the chaos spells. I get players that will try as hard as they can to avoid the mist but when there is lava on the ground they charge through it.confused
    Undiscovery
    Undiscovery
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Undiscovery Mon Sep 02, 2013 1:06 pm

Mist is more damaging in long-run.
    Soul of Stray Demon
    Soul of Stray Demon
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Soul of Stray Demon Mon Sep 02, 2013 1:07 pm

Undiscovery wrote:Mist is more damaging in long-run.
    Not something like acid surge or poison mist. It takes forever for those to be bad.
    Soul of Stray Demon
    Soul of Stray Demon
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Soul of Stray Demon Mon Sep 02, 2013 1:10 pm

Toxic Mist Total Damage 3600

Poison Mist Total Damage 675

Toxic Mist is worth avoiding, Poison Mist, not so much, especially with moss clumps and all.
    Undiscovery
    Undiscovery
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Undiscovery Mon Sep 02, 2013 1:11 pm

Well I usually rush through them anyway, I'm simply guessing a reason for avoiding mist and not lava. May be just more obvious/noticed, it IS the spell whereas the Lava is left-over.
    Soul of Stray Demon
    Soul of Stray Demon
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Soul of Stray Demon Mon Sep 02, 2013 1:38 pm

The Beatrice, Sorcerer's and Izalith Catalyst, aren't identical. 

The Beatrice and Izalith blocks 20 fire, compared to the Sorcerer's 8 fire block. 

The Sorcerer's does 46 physical attack, compared to the Beatrice and Izalith's 40 physical attack. 

The Izalith has a 14 int requirement, compared to the Beatrice and Sorcerer's 10 int requirement. 

And the Izalith has 300 durability, compared to Beatrice and Sorcerer's 90 durability.
    Marino.
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Marino. Mon Sep 02, 2013 2:28 pm

So....this happened:
    Soul of Stray Demon
    Soul of Stray Demon
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Soul of Stray Demon Mon Sep 02, 2013 2:34 pm

Marino. wrote:
    So....this happened:
    Also sometimes if you rush to down there without killing those slime things, they will fall through the floor and be down with the bonewheels. Really annoying when you're blocking a bonewheel, and then you get hit and stagger. 

Oh, You should climb back up the ladder, and do a plunging attack with your strongest weapon.
    StiffNipples
    StiffNipples
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by StiffNipples Mon Sep 02, 2013 7:36 pm

NG+7 Paladin Leeroy does serious damage.

Discoveries you only made recently. - Page 4 1024x576

You can invade here (before the Sancturary Guardian)

These guys can survive the fall to the bottom if they fall right. Makes for a nice surprise when you're talking to Shiva :/

Bassman Bob
    Bassman Bob
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Bassman Bob Tue Sep 03, 2013 10:41 am

Someone needs to make a fight-club there. Would be awesome.
    Undiscovery
    Undiscovery
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Undiscovery Tue Sep 03, 2013 11:33 am

^I'm game, the narrow-ness would make for interesting fights, some builds wouldn't last.
    Bassman Bob
    Bassman Bob
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Bassman Bob Tue Sep 03, 2013 12:23 pm

At 28 str and 40 dex, I can basically get max damage out of most weapons that scale with either.
    That was totally unintentional, i only took 28 str to one-hand murakumo because i hate the 2h strong attack.
    Undiscovery
    Undiscovery
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Undiscovery Tue Sep 03, 2013 12:26 pm

^I once made a Magic Murakumo build at 700+ base damage. Wide range and dead-angle.. But it's speed was always the death of me.
    Mental Gear
    Mental Gear
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Mental Gear Tue Sep 03, 2013 3:40 pm

Hart wrote:
    Hugh_G_Johnson wrote:If you destroy the gyro statuette things in The Duke's Archives the metal balls in the middle can be kicked for a short period after.  And if you keep kicking it you can keep it 'alive' longer.  Guess where I've been doing darkmoon invasions today...
    Please don't hate on the n00b for asking this, but could someone clarify what Hugh is talking about here?
    Pics would be fantastic, but just a clear explanation of what he's talking about would be great, seeing as I have no GD idea where these metal balls are or WTF the gyro statuettes are referring to...

Thanks in advance silly

@ Marino Bow 
    These are the gyro contraptions with the metal ball:
    Discoveries you only made recently. - Page 4 Dks-dukes-metal-ballssxvm
    Soul of Stray Demon
    Soul of Stray Demon
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Soul of Stray Demon Tue Sep 03, 2013 3:43 pm

A divine Estoc actually has a better scaling with str then with dex...... although they still both suck.
    befowler
    befowler

Post by befowler Tue Sep 03, 2013 5:30 pm

So I'm doing a Way of White cleric playthrough.  Cleric set, crescent axe, miracle spam, the works.  The blessings have apparently extended to a bunch of hilarious discoveries:

-- If you summon Beatrice for 4 Kings and a darkwraith knocks her off that little ledge she appears on, she will blast her way all the way around through the level to come back to the fog door.  I ran through all the mobs to get to her, so she had to kill 5+ darkwraiths and at least one of those giant blob things to make it back to the fog gate, and she pulled it off.  Really funny to listen to all the explosions.

-- Sanctus + karmic justice is actually kinda awesome, particularly against masses of bonewheel skeletons.

-- Magic barrier (not GMB) looks great with the cleric set.  Given the oversized style of the cleric armor, the magic effect looks like your armor is now glowing.  Probably designed to go together.

-- Crescent axe is surprisingly effective, particularly 2 handed.  It doesn't do a ton of damage, but swings quickly if you are connecting, seems to have a high poise break, and goes right through most obstacles rather than rebounding.  If you enjoy axing people in the back from around a corner, it's the weapon for you.
    WaffleGuy
    WaffleGuy
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by WaffleGuy Wed Sep 04, 2013 10:18 am

For people not following Vaati's videos:

- Using Gold Pine Resin in the Crystal Caves makes the lightning blue. It stays that way when you get out (and the resin is still active).

- Aurial Decoy is very effective, since Sentinels and even the Capra Demon are effected by it. Probably a larger amount of enemies than one will think at first.

- When applying a buff like Crystal Magic Weapon to the Gargoyle Tail Axe, doing the 'curved' strong attack will cause the weapon to bend, but the visual effect of the resin will look like the axe is still straight (= so not bending at all).

- Some bosses have rare special attacks. Nito has a really powerful grab-attack, the Bed of Chaos will rain fireballs at you, and the Moonlight Butterfly has a blue magic orb attack that explodes on impact when she flies over to the other side of the bridge.
    Undiscovery
    Undiscovery
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Undiscovery Wed Sep 04, 2013 10:44 am

WaffleGuy wrote:- Aurial Decoy is very effective, since Sentinels and even the Capra Demon are effected by it. Probably a larger amount of enemies than one will think at first.
    It can be used to effectively lure out the second Meca-boar into the archives to the entrance where it's mod can't go past.thumbs up
    Bassman Bob
    Bassman Bob
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Bassman Bob Wed Sep 04, 2013 11:19 am

You can parry plunging attacks. surprised
    Soul of Stray Demon
    Soul of Stray Demon
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Soul of Stray Demon Wed Sep 04, 2013 12:26 pm

Pretty much every weapon that does natural lightning damage is only found in Anor Londo. Demon Spear is the only exception, and I don't really count it because you have to buy it from the same guy who sells other rare weapons.
    Undiscovery
    Undiscovery
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Undiscovery Wed Sep 04, 2013 12:32 pm

Soul of Stray Demon wrote:Pretty much every weapon that does natural lightning damage is only found in Anor Londo. Demon Spear is the only exception, and I don't really count it because you have to buy it from the same guy who sells other rare weapons.
    And chances are, that's where shiva got it.
    Soul of Stray Demon
    Soul of Stray Demon
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Soul of Stray Demon Wed Sep 04, 2013 1:37 pm

Undiscovery wrote:
    Soul of Stray Demon wrote:Pretty much every weapon that does natural lightning damage is only found in Anor Londo. Demon Spear is the only exception, and I don't really count it because you have to buy it from the same guy who sells other rare weapons.
    And chances are, that's where shiva got it.
    Me likey that idea. So yeah, I have always thought of Lightning as the "power of the lords"... that just furthers my theory.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 4:03 am