Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+51
PyroElleh
CaligoIllioneus
homelessguy
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
PlasticandRage
Yarxov
Cronotis
Exequim
XuitusTheGreat
DarkGerald
GrinTwist
Rynn
GravelordZealot
retro
The Letter X
NathanC
Odinbear
Kirk-Barb
ScottyDoesKnow
Reaperfan
Solid_WolF
PaganiniAlfredo
AnoBakaDesu
thementat
CakeThiefPro
chantienyee
DPSMurphy
WaffleGuy
Hugh_G_Johnson
Hart
Mental Gear
dalsio
redwingsoverbaron
cerealaire
Green__Eagle
Aonaran
befowler
AnCapaillMor
tigab95
Muker
Aigaios
Bassman Bob
Uparkaam
StiffNipples
Undiscovery
reim0027
MikailArksot
Hue
Marino.
Soul of Stray Demon
ResIsBestStat
55 posters

Discoveries you only made recently.

Soul of Stray Demon
    Soul of Stray Demon
    Revived
    Revived

Discoveries you only made recently. - Page 12 Empty Re: Discoveries you only made recently.

Post by Soul of Stray Demon Thu Nov 14, 2013 8:52 am

PlasticandRage wrote:I went there to see Kathe once and walked around the walls dropping prism stones so I could see what the room was shaped like. It's kind of an odd shaped room. Nothing really spectacularly interesting about it though, outside the obvious I mean.
    That opens up a really, unlikely, but annoying question that would be hard to test.

Is the room the same during the 4 kings fight then?

Probably, by far most likely, almost surely, but maybe not. >.>

It's nagging me.
    Dibsville
    Dibsville
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Discoveries you only made recently. - Page 12 Empty Re: Discoveries you only made recently.

Post by Dibsville Thu Nov 14, 2013 9:15 am

Soul of Stray Demon wrote:
    PlasticandRage wrote:I went there to see Kathe once and walked around the walls dropping prism stones so I could see what the room was shaped like. It's kind of an odd shaped room. Nothing really spectacularly interesting about it though, outside the obvious I mean.
    That opens up a really, unlikely, but annoying question that would be hard to test.

Is the room the same during the 4 kings fight then?

Probably, by far most likely, almost surely, but maybe not. >.>

It's nagging me.
    It's the same.
    Thief
    Thief

Post by Thief Thu Nov 14, 2013 12:26 pm

-If you open the door to Havel's cellar from the Darkroot Basin and turn the camera just right, you can see him actually moving and positioning himself behind the door. It's probably nothing new, but I found it funny that him "ambushing" the player is really intentional by Havel, and not just due to him being placed close to the door by the devs and attacking on sight like a regular mook. Quite sneaky for a guy in that armor of his!

-Petrus of Thorolund's stash behind him at the Firelink Shrine indicating how much of a sinister bastard he is early on, if you pay attention to details and connect the dots. I love this game for stuff like that, even though Peturs alongside Lautrec top the leadership board of my most hated NPCs. The slaughtering of cute young women by seemingly harmless people is a bit overused a concept in this game - my overprotective older brother compulsion does not approve!

About the Dark Silver Tracer:

Soul of Stray Demon wrote:Yeah, it makes the weapon even more useless..

Otherwise it could have been useful.
    I'm probably yet too inexperienced to properly judge when it comes to long-term usefulness of certain weapons, but I have to say, I'm kinda puzzled now.

This weapon is actually pure bliss for me - I have completed the game once now (with a fast-roll, ranged/critical-hits-only-melee kind of character), and it outmatches any dagger I have found in basically everything. A maxed-out Bandit's Knife was quite deadly already, but I have yet to find an enemy (where applicable) who gets up again after a successful Riposte or even Backstab with that thing.

For a "regular" melee combatant, of course its up-front-damage is outmatched by any basic sword, but if judged for what it is intended for (dirty fighting, like all the daggers), is it really that horrible on higher levels? That's a legitimate question, having only completed NG the very first time a week ago, and playing a brand new character with SL 57 currently.
    Yarxov
    Yarxov
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Yarxov Thu Nov 14, 2013 12:34 pm

cov It's not as usefless as they say. When people see you with it they will assume you're only going to BS them, makes it easier to get some nice jabs in there. Iirc at 40 Dex +5 it did around 260, and that R2 thrust attack has good range, does good damage and poisons them. And if they have no poise it just makes it easier.

I've discovered that when Solo the 4 Kings are actually easy. I almost beat them without any useful rings on (it was a soul recovery run) and only died because the very last one that starts with 1/2 health one shot me through Iron Flesh and full HP.
    Acarnatia
    Acarnatia
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Acarnatia Thu Nov 14, 2013 2:37 pm

The Dark Silver Tracer was, for me, (when last I played, which may have been a patch ago) a god crit weapon when I was near my max weight class limit and I couldn't carry a rapier without going over and changing my roll type. For that reason, the Dark Silver Tracer, which is only a little behind a +15 rapier in damage on a crit, was very useful, if not quite as strong.
    Yarxov
    Yarxov
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Yarxov Thu Nov 14, 2013 2:42 pm

It beats the Bandit knife (+14) by about 80 on BS and 100 on parry. 

I've never really used Rapiers as a crit weapon, they have crit 100 so I figured it wasn't as good.
    Acarnatia
    Acarnatia
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Acarnatia Thu Nov 14, 2013 2:50 pm

A rapier is actually one of the strongest weapons with a crit when wearing a hornet's ring. At basically base str and dex, at +15 with a hornet's ring it will deal at least 11k damage or so.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Mar 19, 2024 12:27 am