Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+51
PyroElleh
CaligoIllioneus
homelessguy
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
PlasticandRage
Yarxov
Cronotis
Exequim
XuitusTheGreat
DarkGerald
GrinTwist
Rynn
GravelordZealot
retro
The Letter X
NathanC
Odinbear
Kirk-Barb
ScottyDoesKnow
Reaperfan
Solid_WolF
PaganiniAlfredo
AnoBakaDesu
thementat
CakeThiefPro
chantienyee
DPSMurphy
WaffleGuy
Hugh_G_Johnson
Hart
Mental Gear
dalsio
redwingsoverbaron
cerealaire
Green__Eagle
Aonaran
befowler
AnCapaillMor
tigab95
Muker
Aigaios
Bassman Bob
Uparkaam
StiffNipples
Undiscovery
reim0027
MikailArksot
Hue
Marino.
Soul of Stray Demon
ResIsBestStat
55 posters

Discoveries you only made recently.

ResIsBestStat
    ResIsBestStat
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Discoveries you only made recently. Empty Discoveries you only made recently.

Post by ResIsBestStat Sun Aug 25, 2013 12:22 pm

Soul of Stray Demon wrote:Or maybe he just kills himself after he realizes he can't win.
    Still, there is no reason for him to commit suicide. He could've easily got the Humanity by looting corpses, killing NPC's in his world or invading other people that were weak. My guess is that Kaathe found out about his betrayal and sent someone to kill him.
    Soul of Stray Demon
    Soul of Stray Demon
    Revived
    Revived

Discoveries you only made recently. Empty Re: Discoveries you only made recently.

Post by Soul of Stray Demon Sun Aug 25, 2013 12:23 pm

I don't think Kaathe would care that much about betrayals.
    Then again, I always kill the fair lady out of pity, (and that tasty soul) so he invades me for revenge.
    Soul of Stray Demon
    Soul of Stray Demon
    Revived
    Revived

Discoveries you only made recently. Empty Re: Discoveries you only made recently.

Post by Soul of Stray Demon Sun Aug 25, 2013 7:30 pm

Unlike every other NPC in the game who has infinite casts of all their spells, the darkmoon bonfire keeper has only five casts of the Dark Moon Blade Miracle. No more then that.
    Marino.
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Marino. Sun Aug 25, 2013 7:39 pm

ResIsBestStat wrote:
    Soul of Stray Demon wrote:Or maybe he just kills himself after he realizes he can't win.
    Still, there is no reason for him to commit suicide. He could've easily got the Humanity by looting corpses, killing NPC's in his world or invading other people that were weak. My guess is that Kaathe found out about his betrayal and sent someone to kill him.
    I think that its alot more likely that he kills himself since he could not serve the Fair Lady and protect the Bed of Chaos .
    Hue
    Hue
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Hue Sun Aug 25, 2013 8:42 pm

Soul of Stray Demon wrote:Unlike every other NPC in the game who has infinite casts of all their spells, the darkmoon bonfire keeper has only five casts of the Dark Moon Blade Miracle. No more then that.
    might as well be infinite
    Soul of Stray Demon
    Soul of Stray Demon
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Soul of Stray Demon Sun Aug 25, 2013 9:04 pm

Yeah, but it's interesting it's not infinite. Really big wonder of why?
    MikailArksot
    MikailArksot
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by MikailArksot Sun Aug 25, 2013 9:16 pm

Punching the Capra Demon to death is possible, but very hard.
    Soul of Stray Demon
    Soul of Stray Demon
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Soul of Stray Demon Sun Aug 25, 2013 9:18 pm

Oh, that's nothing Mika 
    Even More so, He also has a blindfolded playthrough.
    reim0027
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 Sun Aug 25, 2013 11:04 pm

Blindfolded playthrough? Vids, or it didn't happen.
    Undiscovery
    Undiscovery
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Undiscovery Mon Aug 26, 2013 12:28 am

Geezus thats one hell of a project to blind fold a Souls game, I could probably do Demons by now though.

Recent Undiscoveries;

While translucent your shadow remains solid.

All reflective surfaces do not reflect images but only light. Ex. the characters reflection on window panes is but a glowing Light.

On that note there is a odd absence of mirrors and bathrooms/outhouses.

-------------
    Also on the Kirk topic; we all know undead can't die permanently, and instead they just go hollow as the lore tells us. But the lifeless bodies of Kirk, Iron Tarkus, Beatrice, etc. can be found with their items, and suicide doesn't release your from the cycle either. Am I crazy or is this an ingame contradiction?
    StiffNipples
    StiffNipples
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by StiffNipples Mon Aug 26, 2013 4:54 am

Even on NG+7, Oscar still only gives you 100 Souls when he dies.
    Marino.
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Marino. Mon Aug 26, 2013 6:17 am

Undiscovery wrote:-------------
    Also on the Kirk topic; we all know undead can't die permanently, and instead they just go hollow as the lore tells us. But the lifeless bodies of Kirk, Iron Tarkus, Beatrice, etc. can be found with their items, and suicide doesn't release your from the cycle either. Am I crazy or is this an ingame contradiction?

By "commiting Suicide" i meant that he simply gave up . 
    Undeads don't go hollow unless they have a Purpose or a Goal to achieve .

Kirks Goal was to serve the Fair Lady, so when he couldn't serve her, he gave up which is the equivalent to commiting Suicide .
    Uparkaam
    Uparkaam
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Uparkaam Mon Aug 26, 2013 9:47 am

Soul of Stray Demon wrote:Unlike every other NPC in the game who has infinite casts of all their spells, the darkmoon bonfire keeper has only five casts of the Dark Moon Blade Miracle. No more then that.
    The sorcerer dude in the Forest once ran out of spells when I was toying with him (or maybe his AI broke, I dunno). He just permanently swapped to his sword and chased me around with it.
    Hue
    Hue
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Hue Mon Aug 26, 2013 10:51 am

reim0027 wrote:Blindfolded playthrough?  Vids, or it didn't happen.
    Bassman Bob
    Bassman Bob
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Bassman Bob Mon Aug 26, 2013 10:56 am

Hue wrote:
    reim0027 wrote:Blindfolded playthrough?  Vids, or it didn't happen.
    Undiscovery
    Undiscovery
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Undiscovery Mon Aug 26, 2013 12:18 pm

Blindfold video much less impressive than I had originally conceived. I thought he had the game progression down to algorithms. still pretty cool though, I guess.

@Marino, I understand the Hollow concept and giving up, what-have-you. But that's still just hollowing, giving up would not kill any of them permanently, it would just make them mindless hollows not lifeless corpses. 

In my eyes and mind the game is very Multiverse theory, even as the player character we all play the same story line and just invade/summon our 'alternate selves,' if you will. So it may be the corpses we find are just convolutions in time and space. Perhaps from a world where they never became undead.
    Bassman Bob
    Bassman Bob
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Bassman Bob Mon Aug 26, 2013 3:51 pm

Undiscovery wrote:@Marino, I understand the Hollow concept and giving up, what-have-you. But that's still just hollowing, giving up would not kill any of them permanently, it would just make them mindless hollows not lifeless corpses. 

In my eyes and mind the game is very Multiverse theory, even as the player character we all play the same story line and just invade/summon our 'alternate selves,' if you will. So it may be the corpses we find are just convolutions in time and space. Perhaps from a world where they never became undead.
    My theory is that kirk was never undead. You don't die when you get killed when invading. Leeroy went to the catacombs to seek the cure for undeath (If i remember right, wich i propably don't.) Prehaps he found it, and died soon after.
    Undiscovery
    Undiscovery
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Undiscovery Mon Aug 26, 2013 4:13 pm

Leeroy went for the Rite of Kindling, by the Way of White with the goal of holding back the dark with stronger bonfires. The only way to end the curse is revealed to the player character alone. People journey to Lordran to uncover the secret behind the Curse, as told by Oscars prophecy. The Player character fullfills the prophecy and the fate of the undead he shalt know. Also referenced by the Darkmoon Knightess saying you'll receive the revelation from Gwynevere, she implies not to know what it is herself.

Tarkus is also confirmed to be undead indirectly by the Crestfallen Merchant. I don't imagine any of them are NOT Undead, it is why they all are in Lordran. It just doesn't add up is all I'm putting out there.

Interesting note on Leeroy however; his corpse is found in Nito's chambers but he only needed to defeat Pinwheel to get the Rite of Kindling, which he somehow skipped even though he can be summoned to fight him. Unless the Rite of Kindling is the power the Pinwheel is said to have stolen from Nito. I'm not sure why Nito would have that power though.

Last edited by Undiscovery on Mon Aug 26, 2013 4:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Aigaios
    Aigaios
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Aigaios Mon Aug 26, 2013 4:38 pm

Soul of Stray Demon wrote:
    Shroomerz420 wrote:
    ~That Velka's Rapier has one of the coolest move sets in the game. In my humble opinion of course.
    If you look very carefully, the r2s actually write a V. It's awesome.
    Also the Chaos Fire Whip writes a C on the floor with lava.
    Soul of Stray Demon
    Soul of Stray Demon
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Soul of Stray Demon Mon Aug 26, 2013 4:46 pm

Undiscovery wrote:Geezus thats one hell of a project to blind fold a Souls game, I could probably do Demons by now though.

Recent Undiscoveries;

While translucent your shadow remains solid.

All reflective surfaces do not reflect images but only light. Ex. the characters reflection on window panes is but a glowing Light.

On that note there is a odd absence of mirrors and bathrooms/outhouses.

-------------
    Actually, maybe they are being revived, but they lost their armor during one of their deaths, and are now just normal hollows what without their weapons or anything.
    Undiscovery
    Undiscovery
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Undiscovery Mon Aug 26, 2013 4:56 pm

^That's plausible.

Further on my Leeroy point, Rhea and her clerics are also found past Pinwheel who has the RoK needed for the WoW undead mission. So both Leeroy and Rhea-troupe  all seemed to avoid Pinwheel all together (Even patches, though given his nature I'm sure he had his ways). The WoW doesn't seem very competent, no wonder Petrus went rogue.
    Soul of Stray Demon
    Soul of Stray Demon
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Soul of Stray Demon Mon Aug 26, 2013 5:07 pm

I discovered I really want to edit my post above yours to make it seem like you're agreeing with something dumb, but I also discovered I'm not going to do that. lol
    Maybe pinwheel was just off doing something when they went by. I don't think they just stand there waiting to fight you.
    Undiscovery
    Undiscovery
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Undiscovery Mon Aug 26, 2013 5:13 pm

That'd be a double edge sword if you did. silly 

He's not standing there though, he's absorbed in research and experimentation when you interrupt him. Similar to Logan, I don't see him leaving anywhere, he seems like he has everything he wants/needs in his tomb. Guess he could've went to walk the Skelli-dogs. I mean I get the possibility of him not being present but that just seems like a cop out explanation, y'know?

A lot of the bosses are just standing there waiting to fight too like capra, asylum, stray, O&S, firesage, centipede is petrified, nito's asleep, witch is immobile, Gwyn's chillin, You can hear Artorias breathing outside the coliseum, etc. etc.
    Soul of Stray Demon
    Soul of Stray Demon
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Soul of Stray Demon Mon Aug 26, 2013 5:30 pm

Maybe he was off gathering something to test with when they passed by, and had returned after.
    Undiscovery
    Undiscovery
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Undiscovery Mon Aug 26, 2013 9:28 pm

I admire your tenacity Stray. But the WoW being incompetent is clearly the intended lore here. Praise the Sun

Or Maybe... he was busy stealing the Rite of Kindling from Nito... cool

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Mar 19, 2024 12:53 am