Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+51
PyroElleh
CaligoIllioneus
homelessguy
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
PlasticandRage
Yarxov
Cronotis
Exequim
XuitusTheGreat
DarkGerald
GrinTwist
Rynn
GravelordZealot
retro
The Letter X
NathanC
Odinbear
Kirk-Barb
ScottyDoesKnow
Reaperfan
Solid_WolF
PaganiniAlfredo
AnoBakaDesu
thementat
CakeThiefPro
chantienyee
DPSMurphy
WaffleGuy
Hugh_G_Johnson
Hart
Mental Gear
dalsio
redwingsoverbaron
cerealaire
Green__Eagle
Aonaran
befowler
AnCapaillMor
tigab95
Muker
Aigaios
Bassman Bob
Uparkaam
StiffNipples
Undiscovery
reim0027
MikailArksot
Hue
Marino.
Soul of Stray Demon
ResIsBestStat
55 posters

Discoveries you only made recently.

Yarxov
    Yarxov
    Revived
    Revived

Discoveries you only made recently. - Page 11 Empty Re: Discoveries you only made recently.

Post by Yarxov Mon Nov 04, 2013 2:56 pm

It's that sweet spot where you parried but got hit anyways, but took
    Reduced like a missed parry.
    -partial parry-Reduced damage
    -Near Miss- reduced damage, still parried
    -Parry -Parry

speaking of Parrying, the Hollow thieves can Parry a shield bash. I hope to one day be able to parry like them. (Thorn shield used)
    PyroElleh
    PyroElleh
    Casual
    Casual

Discoveries you only made recently. - Page 11 Empty Re: Discoveries you only made recently.

Post by PyroElleh Tue Nov 05, 2013 4:18 am

I just noticed, for the first time ever, that a fire dog is turning the giant wheel in the Blighttown swamp. I know that this is not a new discovery.... but for all the times I've ridden that stupid thing, I have never noticed the dog.

I have even contemplated ways the wheel might stay turning. But I never, ever, considered it might be powered by a dog in a giant hamster wheel.

I kind of feel bad for it. Poor puppy. If I set you free, will you promise not to vomit flames in my face?
    Green__Eagle
    Green__Eagle
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Green__Eagle Tue Nov 05, 2013 9:50 am

It would be cool if you killed that dog, the wheel would stop and you'd have to leave Blighttown using the main entrance. :-)
    PyroElleh
    PyroElleh
    Casual
    Casual

Post by PyroElleh Tue Nov 05, 2013 2:46 pm

Green__Eagle wrote:It would be cool if you killed that dog, the wheel would stop and you'd have to leave Blighttown using the main entrance. :-)
    Debbie Downer: you can't kill it. It doesn't even have a hit box.

But that was my next immediate thought, after being stupefied by "WTF, a DOG?". I wanted to try to kill it, but then I thought about upper Blighttown and how sadistic From can be.... so I looked it up on Google instead.
    chantienyee
    chantienyee
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by chantienyee Tue Nov 05, 2013 3:48 pm

Makes you wonder how everything else in Lordran is powered... How many poor dogs are held against their wills in Anor Londo?
    Soul of Stray Demon
    Soul of Stray Demon
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Soul of Stray Demon Tue Nov 05, 2013 5:04 pm

Ok, speaking of parries, last night, I somehow got into a state where I parried an attack from the crestfallen warrior, and then got stunned myself as well..

I think I must have been guard broken, while parrying his stab, but it really really looked like I was in a parry animation as well.

I have no clue what happened, and I don't feel like trying to reproduce it.

If anyone is up to explaining what's going on if they know, my thanks
    CaligoIllioneus
    CaligoIllioneus
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by CaligoIllioneus Tue Nov 05, 2013 5:37 pm

Maybe it did full damage to you and broke your poise? Like I said earlier, there are some rare cases where you can parry an attack but it does full damage to you. I mostly just had it happen on PvP, though.
    befowler
    befowler

Post by befowler Tue Nov 05, 2013 6:08 pm

When you don't have the stats to use the DSB, if you shoot a mob in the head the headshot stagger overrides the knockdown. I like to use it to knock mobs off stuff, but had to resort to shooting people in the feet for the knockdown to work.

Also, if you combine Hidden Body with certain shields worn on your back while two-handing something, you are almost completely transparent from behind. The crest shield is pretty good since it is dark blue, but some of the greatshields (black iron, artorias) are really something.
    Yarxov
    Yarxov
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Yarxov Wed Nov 06, 2013 2:32 am

Too bad it doesn't combine for a super knock back.
    I would do that for my sneaky sneaky forest fighter. Fog ring + Hornet ring and hug the cliff wall with the right shield on my back.  

Is no one else blown away that the mobs can parry shield bashes?xD

-Solaire only appears after you kill a boss.
    -And you get less souls for having a phantom help you kill a boss. How I've never noticed this I'll never know.
    -You can jump down from before first darkroom bonfire (only) and be at the area where you get the wolf ring.
    -you can kill the first boar with the gate in the parish. Pull the lever and aggro the boar. Stand right behind it blocking and he'll stop right under it.
    PyroElleh
    PyroElleh
    Casual
    Casual

Post by PyroElleh Wed Nov 06, 2013 2:55 am

I think you get less souls for each consecutive boss win as a phantom, too. Or maybe not. Maybe it has to do with the number of phantoms.

But I swear, as I was helping people out with Quelagg I was netting less souls each round (like 4 or 5 in one evening). I'll have to pay closer attention next time.
    befowler
    befowler

Post by befowler Wed Nov 06, 2013 12:54 pm

Not too surprised they parry shield bashes, the fact that a shield bash can be parried at all has annoyed me for a while. I gave up on an otherwise hilarious bonewheel shield build because of how easy it was to get parried. Basically all anyone had to do was hit a parry attempt anytime during my windup or the actual spinning attacks of the shield and it'd work. Even had one guy do it with a bare fist, basically sticking his fingers right into the spinning bonewheel and parrying it.
    Bigbrodeur
    Bigbrodeur

Post by Bigbrodeur Wed Nov 06, 2013 8:00 pm

When doing coop in shen fortress, if you go where siegmeyer is sitting. Only the host can fight with the 2 man serpent there. The phantom canot hurt them and sometimes canot even see them !
    reim0027
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 Wed Nov 06, 2013 11:16 pm

Yarxov wrote:
    -You can jump down from before first darkroom bonfire (only) and be at the area where you get the wolf ring.
    Which bonfire is this?
    chantienyee
    chantienyee
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by chantienyee Wed Nov 06, 2013 11:20 pm

He means the bonfire just outside the door to the forest that requires the Crest of Artorias, and the jump down onto the frog, I assume.

Bigbrodeur wrote:When doing coop in shen fortress, if you go where siegmeyer is sitting. Only the host can fight with the 2 man serpent there. The phantom canot hurt them and sometimes canot even see them !
    I think there's a glitch because this has happened to me kind of once too, but other times I've been able to fight the snakes as a phantom no problem.
    Yarxov
    Yarxov
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Yarxov Thu Nov 07, 2013 12:18 am

reim0027 wrote:
    Yarxov wrote:
    Which bonfire is this?
    The one behind the illusion wall. You backtrack to about where the Tree hidden in the ground is. You can see the top of the Living Tree and the red frogs.

Apparently Dung Giants can do plunging attacks. Almost had one get me when I was going through the B town shortcut

And sadly enough, if you send an NPC phantom home with BC you cant summon them again. (Atleast until you re load the game I assume. I havent tried that yet.)
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Thu Nov 07, 2013 3:02 am

Did they remove the poison damage from the dark silver dagger? or whatever the hell it's called?
    Soul of Stray Demon
    Soul of Stray Demon
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Soul of Stray Demon Thu Nov 07, 2013 4:51 pm

PlasticandRage wrote:Did they remove the poison damage from the dark silver dagger? or whatever the hell it's called?
    The toxic damage from the Dark Silver Tracer only comes from it's R2's ... It's an odd weapon.
    reim0027
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 Thu Nov 07, 2013 11:29 pm

Yarxov wrote:
    reim0027 wrote:
    Yarxov wrote:
    Which bonfire is this?
    The one behind the illusion wall. You backtrack to about where the Tree hidden in the ground is. You can see the top of the Living Tree and the red frogs.

Apparently Dung Giants can do plunging attacks. Almost had one get me when I was going through the B town shortcut

And sadly enough, if you send an NPC phantom home with BC you cant summon them again. (Atleast until you re load the game I assume. I havent tried that yet.)
    Got it. That is a nifty little shortcut.
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Sat Nov 09, 2013 4:34 am

Soul of Stray Demon wrote:
    PlasticandRage wrote:Did they remove the poison damage from the dark silver dagger? or whatever the hell it's called?
    The toxic damage from the Dark Silver Tracer only comes from it's R2's ... It's an odd weapon.
    Was it always like that?
    Soul of Stray Demon
    Soul of Stray Demon
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Soul of Stray Demon Sat Nov 09, 2013 4:35 pm

PlasticandRage wrote:
    Soul of Stray Demon wrote:
    Was it always like that?
    Yeah, it makes the weapon even more useless..

Otherwise it could have been useful.
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Sat Nov 09, 2013 4:42 pm

Yeah that is pretty useless.
    Yarxov
    Yarxov
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Yarxov Sat Nov 09, 2013 5:35 pm

I like the moveset, the R2 has some good range and does some nice thrust damage.
    Dibsville
    Dibsville
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Post by Dibsville Sat Nov 09, 2013 9:25 pm

You can scope with a bow while going through the dying animation.
    Yarxov
    Yarxov
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Yarxov Tue Nov 12, 2013 2:49 am

4 Kings boss fight does actually have a border. 
    I discovered it while back flipping and kiting all 4 kings at once xD
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Thu Nov 14, 2013 5:46 am

I went there to see Kathe once and walked around the walls dropping prism stones so I could see what the room was shaped like. It's kind of an odd shaped room. Nothing really spectacularly interesting about it though, outside the obvious I mean.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Mar 18, 2024 11:47 pm