Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+51
PyroElleh
CaligoIllioneus
homelessguy
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
PlasticandRage
Yarxov
Cronotis
Exequim
XuitusTheGreat
DarkGerald
GrinTwist
Rynn
GravelordZealot
retro
The Letter X
NathanC
Odinbear
Kirk-Barb
ScottyDoesKnow
Reaperfan
Solid_WolF
PaganiniAlfredo
AnoBakaDesu
thementat
CakeThiefPro
chantienyee
DPSMurphy
WaffleGuy
Hugh_G_Johnson
Hart
Mental Gear
dalsio
redwingsoverbaron
cerealaire
Green__Eagle
Aonaran
befowler
AnCapaillMor
tigab95
Muker
Aigaios
Bassman Bob
Uparkaam
StiffNipples
Undiscovery
reim0027
MikailArksot
Hue
Marino.
Soul of Stray Demon
ResIsBestStat
55 posters

Discoveries you only made recently.

Muker
    Muker
    Regular
    Regular

Discoveries you only made recently. - Page 2 Empty Re: Discoveries you only made recently.

Post by Muker Thu Aug 29, 2013 5:14 am

On NG5
    If you're not hitting Smough quick/strong enough Solaire will kill Ornstein before you get the fat guy. 

Happenned to me twice yesterday, I rushed on smough beacuse I saw Solaire was doing better than me big grin only to get pancacked by S's hammer.
    ResIsBestStat
    ResIsBestStat
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Discoveries you only made recently. - Page 2 Empty Re: Discoveries you only made recently.

Post by ResIsBestStat Thu Aug 29, 2013 5:38 am

Shields actually gain special properties if you ascend them. For example ascending a Grass Crest Shield to Fire will cause it to have more Fire resistance. Unfortunately only certain shields will get huge resistance boots, most shields only gain 10-15% boosts or none at all.
    tigab95
    tigab95
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by tigab95 Thu Aug 29, 2013 8:23 am

ResIsBestStat wrote:Shields actually gain special properties if you ascend them. For example ascending a Grass Crest Shield to Fire will cause it to have more Fire resistance. Unfortunately only certain shields will get huge resistance boots, most shields only gain 10-15% boosts or none at all.
    Did is so good to know surprised  I didnt know that
    AnCapaillMor
    AnCapaillMor
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by AnCapaillMor Thu Aug 29, 2013 9:28 am

ResIsBestStat wrote:Shields actually gain special properties if you ascend them. For example ascending a Grass Crest Shield to Fire will cause it to have more Fire resistance. Unfortunately only certain shields will get huge resistance boots, most shields only gain 10-15% boosts or none at all.
    Puts the stability back to base though. If you upgrade the cracked round shield(i think its the one) along the magic path, it has the best magic defense in the game.
    Bassman Bob
    Bassman Bob
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Bassman Bob Thu Aug 29, 2013 10:02 am

Kalameet can fly up and spew fire on you if you manage to get up the ladder mid-fight. Prostration
    Undiscovery
    Undiscovery
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Undiscovery Thu Aug 29, 2013 10:08 am

Bassman Bob wrote:Kalameet can fly up and spew fire on you if you manage to get up the ladder mid-fight. Prostration
    Try and make it to one of the ledges protruding out of the waterfall, I think you can be just high enough he'll stay on ground and be out of attackrange.
    befowler
    befowler

Post by befowler Thu Aug 29, 2013 12:56 pm

Actually it's a magic warrior's round shield +10 that gets really high magic resist (low stability though).  A fire sunlight shield +10 is one of my favorites though, 90% fire resistance and it's wide enough to often conceal what you have in your other hand when you are blocking.

Re crossbows, how does a magic light crossbow do in PvP?  I love crossbows but usually go with a heavy crossbow +15 and heavy bolts.  Does an enchanted crossbow get scaling for an Int build, for example?  Seems like 75% of the people I run into have the dusk crown on, so anything that does magic damage is of interest.
    Bassman Bob
    Bassman Bob
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Bassman Bob Thu Aug 29, 2013 2:29 pm

befowler wrote:Actually it's a magic warrior's round shield +10 that gets really high magic resist (low stability though).  A fire sunlight shield +10 is one of my favorites though, 90% fire resistance and it's wide enough to often conceal what you have in your other hand when you are blocking.

Re crossbows, how does a magic light crossbow do in PvP?  I love crossbows but usually go with a heavy crossbow +15 and heavy bolts.  Does an enchanted crossbow get scaling for an Int build, for example?  Seems like 75% of the people I run into have the dusk crown on, so anything that does magic damage is of interest.
    Lightning avelyn and lightning bolts. BAM!
    StiffNipples
    StiffNipples
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by StiffNipples Thu Aug 29, 2013 7:29 pm

I'll do some testing on Crossbows in PvP one of these days.

As it is in PvE though, lightning crossbows and lightning bolts are sh*t. Magic/Divine Crossbow with heavy bolts is far better, and for any DLC bosses +15 is the way to go.

A Divine Crossbow with Heavy bolts will kills Skellies dead, so it definitely transfers some of that magic damage over, give it a whirl, you might get a nice damage boost to the Duck Crown users.
    MikailArksot
    MikailArksot
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by MikailArksot Thu Aug 29, 2013 7:48 pm

Crystal Magic Weapon + Falchion +15 + Heavy Jump Attack + Taurus Demon = 1,700+ damage.
    Aonaran
    Aonaran

Post by Aonaran Thu Aug 29, 2013 9:25 pm

This might be well known by now, but I just realized how damn easy it is to soul farm at early levels by Drake-Baiting. In Undead Burg, kick the ladder down into the first bonfire. Wait, leave, climb the ladder, run the stairs, get a couple of steps onto the causeway leading to the Drake from the staircase, roll back onto the stairs, roll down the stairs and haul *** back down to the bonfire. While you take off and run, your old friend the Drake will nuke everyone on the bridge, netting you 555 souls. This can be accomplished easily within 33 seconds, netting you roughly 1k per minute, which is far from the worst return for your time investment that early in the game.
    Green__Eagle
    Green__Eagle
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Green__Eagle Fri Aug 30, 2013 7:55 am

Drake Baiting is boring, though. Good for 5 runs or so if you need to stock up on stuff from the handy merchant.
    Undiscovery
    Undiscovery
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Undiscovery Fri Aug 30, 2013 10:17 am

I could take it or leave it, it is nifty if I'm not a sunbro early game, otherwise it's more effective and encouraged for a sunbro to just coop the garg/spider/whathaveyou. Maybe coop in general is more effective for SF early-game?

I've also discovered that no one likes getting killed by a bowman.
    ResIsBestStat
    ResIsBestStat
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by ResIsBestStat Fri Aug 30, 2013 12:37 pm

Ornstein is still alive when Smough smashes his butt, but Smough doesn't give a ***.

Killing Ingward on PC sometimes results in a bug where Ingward doesn't drop the Key to the Seal.

Killing the Mimic that has the Crest Key and then dying without grabbing the drop will result in the player unable to get the key for the rest of the playthrough.
    MikailArksot
    MikailArksot
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by MikailArksot Fri Aug 30, 2013 1:11 pm

Your fingers wiggle when you apply Repair Powder to a weapon.
    befowler
    befowler

Post by befowler Fri Aug 30, 2013 2:40 pm

MikailArksot wrote:Your fingers wiggle when you apply Repair Powder to a weapon.
    If you apply it when going down one of the elevators in the Township, the dust flies up in the air but the weapon repairs anyway.
    ResIsBestStat
    ResIsBestStat
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by ResIsBestStat Fri Aug 30, 2013 2:42 pm

befowler wrote:
    MikailArksot wrote:Your fingers wiggle when you apply Repair Powder to a weapon.
    If you apply it when going down one of the elevators in the Township, the dust flies up in the air but the weapon repairs anyway.
    That happens in every videogame. I remember that years ago when I was playing Spiderman Web of Shadows and was on top of a very fast jet, I did some sort of energy punch, but the animation effect went behind me because of jet motion, the punch still connected though.
    Soul of Stray Demon
    Soul of Stray Demon
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Soul of Stray Demon Fri Aug 30, 2013 4:11 pm

befowler wrote:
    Drinking Estus while the spinning elevator in Anor Londo is moving causes a yellow dot to fly across the screen.
    MikailArksot
    MikailArksot
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by MikailArksot Fri Aug 30, 2013 4:16 pm

Soul of Stray Demon wrote:
    befowler wrote:
    Drinking Estus while the spinning elevator in Anor Londo is moving causes a yellow dot to fly across the screen.
    Popping a Soul does the same thing on an elevator or moving surface; it trails behind white smoke.
    Bassman Bob
    Bassman Bob
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Bassman Bob Fri Aug 30, 2013 4:48 pm

Lifehunt scythe is badass. It Dead-angles like Dead-angles like Dead-angles like Dead-angles like a mutha.

Dark bead makes Flight time and Big easy a cakewalk.
    Undiscovery
    Undiscovery
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Undiscovery Fri Aug 30, 2013 5:08 pm

Dark Bead make everything a cakewalk. It's the games 'easymode.'silly
    Aigaios
    Aigaios
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Aigaios Fri Aug 30, 2013 8:29 pm

After being attacked the little mushroom people in the forest will retreat to were the two big mushroom people are then when there they will start attacking you. I think its like a weird form of Dark Souls cuteness.
    Soul of Stray Demon
    Soul of Stray Demon
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Soul of Stray Demon Fri Aug 30, 2013 8:31 pm

Aigaios wrote:After being attacked the little mushroom people in the forest will retreat to were the two big mushroom people are then when there they will start attacking you. I think its like a weird form of Dark Souls cuteness.
    Also, I've never had the little mushrooms in the forest attack me. It really is cute.
    MikailArksot
    MikailArksot
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by MikailArksot Fri Aug 30, 2013 10:33 pm

A Bastard Sword +5 does 44 damage on the Four Kings.

In other words, don't use it against them; by the time you put a dent in the overall health, two more Kings have spawned.
    Soul of Stray Demon
    Soul of Stray Demon
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Soul of Stray Demon Fri Aug 30, 2013 10:36 pm

MikailArksot wrote:A Bastard Sword +5 does 44 damage on the Four Kings.

In other words, don't use it against them; by the time you put a dent in the overall health, two more Kings have spawned.
    Don't use any +5 weapons on the four kings? (except for the unique one's of course)

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Mar 19, 2024 5:39 am