Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+17
CrackSouls
Grey-Ronin
Forum Pirate
GrEeNgObLiN
Maneater_Mildred
FruitPunchNinja
Yesuurd
RANT
Serious_Much
Gol
Tolvo
Rollo-9
Emergence
Reaperfan
Artorias
reim0027
Baal-Avatar
21 posters

Open discussion of future FC events.

Artorias
    Artorias
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Open discussion of future FC events. - Page 9 Empty Re: Open discussion of future FC events.

Post by Artorias Mon Mar 19, 2012 5:48 pm

how about no bs, no twop,wog? and no healing during fights. be respectful (bow)
    those being the only rules, is that simple enough?
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Open discussion of future FC events. - Page 9 Empty Re: Open discussion of future FC events.

Post by Serious_Much Mon Mar 19, 2012 5:51 pm

Artorias wrote:how about no bs, no twop,wog? and no healing during fights. be respectful (bow)
    those being the only rules, is that simple enough?

frankly now i would give anything for the rules to be as simple as this, but it's just not gonna happen now that everyone is having their say, too many opinions, rules are gonna become pointlessly long and over thought
    Artorias
    Artorias
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Artorias Mon Mar 19, 2012 5:53 pm

how about we let the hosts and rant decide, this wouldnt be possible if it werent for them. big grin
    Oh by the way thank to the hosts and rant Proper Bow
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Mon Mar 19, 2012 5:54 pm

See if we let the hosts decide then I think it will just make things more confusing. I'll admit, half the time I don't know who's world I'm in or who I'm fighting. As well with hosts like me things would get ridiculous, like fights where pants are banned, and only skull lanterns are allowed as weapons.
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Mon Mar 19, 2012 5:55 pm

Really this problem arose from the different events of fightclub have changed the rules slightly every time (to make suitable rules for each one) and caused a bit of uncertainty to many members, including myself of the 'true' set of rules if you like (I admit I had my part in making this into a discussion thread though silly)

I think perhaps Rant as the creator of FC could set the rules if everyone can agree on them.

I first thought the polls were a good idea, but it looks like they're not specific enough to deter the rules from getting over complicated.

Last edited by Serious_Much on Mon Mar 19, 2012 8:22 pm; edited 3 times in total
    Artorias
    Artorias
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Artorias Mon Mar 19, 2012 5:56 pm

no no let them come a decision together that will be standard regardless of whos world you are in
    Maneater_Mildred
    Maneater_Mildred
    Chat Moderator

Post by Maneater_Mildred Mon Mar 19, 2012 6:02 pm

reim0027 wrote:Mildred, can you define "limit BS"? That is where I'm having problems. "Limit" is different to everyone. To me, it means no spamming. Say, 1 per fight?

What about no pivot BS? The roll ones take more skill to pull off, and generally are used to punish mistakes.

Heres how the rules were in FC 1

https://soulswiki.forumotion.com/t381-psn-dks-fight-club-s-goal
    They worked well till the no bs rule was added for the contest and everyone wore giants and masks..... Because winning became more important than having fun.

Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Mon Mar 19, 2012 6:04 pm

Maneater_Mildred wrote:
    reim0027 wrote:Mildred, can you define "limit BS"? That is where I'm having problems. "Limit" is different to everyone. To me, it means no spamming. Say, 1 per fight?

What about no pivot BS? The roll ones take more skill to pull off, and generally are used to punish mistakes.

Heres how the rules were in FC 1

https://soulswiki.forumotion.com/t381-psn-dks-fight-club-s-goal
    They worked well till the no bs rule was added for the contest and everyone wore giants and masks..... Because winning became more important than having fun.

Frankly mildred from what I've heard from the tourney im glad i didn't attend, it sounded like everyone suddenly became infected with "min/max try harding's disease". They probably picked it up from playing a bit too much in the kiln or the forest.
    Maneater_Mildred
    Maneater_Mildred
    Chat Moderator

Post by Maneater_Mildred Mon Mar 19, 2012 6:18 pm

FC is ment to be fun, all this talk is making me sad.......

Time to put my sack back on and sit in the corner......
    GrEeNgObLiN
    GrEeNgObLiN
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by GrEeNgObLiN Mon Mar 19, 2012 6:22 pm

Nooo mildred there still me!!!
    Yesuurd
    Yesuurd
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Yesuurd Mon Mar 19, 2012 6:23 pm

nooooo!!!!!
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Mon Mar 19, 2012 6:26 pm

aww mildred don't worry, I'm sure it'll be sorted out eventually happy
    reim0027
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 Mon Mar 19, 2012 6:33 pm

Serious_Much wrote:Reim problem with that is then, if BS is allowed but not available to players who havent practiced BSing in ridiculous ways like roll BS etc then i think that's just gonna put them out a bit.

I'd like for FC not to get turned into an elitist club by putting restrictions on the method of BS. To me it doesn't matter if you walked, cartwheeled or flew into position it still leaves your opponent face down and pretty much dead.
    My answer to that is practice, like any new technique. I'm practicing parrying, and dying a lot. This would just be another technique to practice.

Mildred - we are just talking, sharing our opinions. No rules have changed.

I've got one more suggestion. If you are fine with BS, at the beginning of the fight, how about we do a gesture, like point down. If both players point down, then BS are allowed. If not, then no BS. That should satisfy everyone, right? (As long as no judgements are being made for wanting/not wanting to BS).
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Mon Mar 19, 2012 6:38 pm

reim0027 wrote:
    My answer to that is practice, like any new technique. I'm practicing parrying, and dying a lot. This would just be another technique to practice.

My problem with that still is it's being elitist. It's almost like saying "If you can't roll BS, then tough" except a bit more politely silly

I think though that your idea of gesturing for BS in a duel is not a bad idea, but i think like you touched upon, inevitable judgements of presumptuous fishing and over cautiousness could ensue from that. :|
    Artorias
    Artorias
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Artorias Mon Mar 19, 2012 6:39 pm

thats a good idea! big grin
    but still no hornets ring or buffing and bsin rite?
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Mon Mar 19, 2012 6:42 pm

I give up. revise your rules if you will. i'll probably show up either way.

just know where i stand.

i'll see some/many of you outside fc anyways, and i'll take every opportunity to show you some of the joys dueling provides when not subject to the fc rules.
    Reaperfan
    Reaperfan
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Reaperfan Mon Mar 19, 2012 7:41 pm

Forum Pirate wrote:revise your rules if you will. i'll probably show up either way.

just know where i stand

Finally came back and I realize this bit of Forum's quote basically sums up my thoughts. I don't really care how it happens, I just want to see an end to the constant flipping and poking we all call duels :|
    I'm currently working on a build I think may be a specific counter to this style, so I'll see any of you rapier+buff+DWGR users at the next FC and see how well my theory with this new thing will work. Until then, I'm gonna step out of the discussion and let the rest of you come to a decision happy
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Mon Mar 19, 2012 7:43 pm

It will be funny if you end up against me Reaper, I'll be using the Medium Roll with a longsword and be playing very aggressively. Hopefully the build isn't just a counter but can stand on its own two feet. silly
    Artorias
    Artorias
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Artorias Mon Mar 19, 2012 7:44 pm

Reaper fan if you dont poke and hit, what are the dex builds supposed to do, with almost no poise they cant stand to take a hit :?:
    oh and reaper fan dont get mad if you get stunlocked mid-roll lol silly
    meridam99
    meridam99

Post by meridam99 Mon Mar 19, 2012 7:46 pm

Very interesting thread, lots of content, many opinions, and everyone is being an adult. One of my most favorite threads on this site ever! Keep up the posting!
    Reaperfan
    Reaperfan
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Reaperfan Mon Mar 19, 2012 7:51 pm

Artorias wrote:oh and reaper fan dont get mad if you get stunlocked mid-roll lol silly

Whoever said I'd be rolling?
    Artorias
    Artorias
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Artorias Mon Mar 19, 2012 7:52 pm

oh your gonna tank...ok
    you still didnt answer my 1rst question
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Mon Mar 19, 2012 7:54 pm

Artorias I know what I'm going to do if I get stunlocked, it will involve the control pad...If I can actually remember to do it at the time that is. sad
    Artorias
    Artorias
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Artorias Mon Mar 19, 2012 7:58 pm

oh your making a no DWGR build too?
    and what is that little technique can you share it or is it personel? :shock:
    Reaperfan
    Reaperfan
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Reaperfan Mon Mar 19, 2012 7:59 pm

Artorias wrote:oh your gonna tank...ok
    you still didnt answer my 1rst question

Whoever said I would be tanking?

And to the first question, I'll post the response I've always posted to that. The short answer is that you simply should never be hit. The long answer is that zero-poise builds should be aiming for the <25% roll, allowing them to dodge as effectively as a DWGR user, and therefore, should use knowledge of opposing weapon styles to be able to dodge almost every hit thrown at them. It would take good judging of opponents' styles and their weapons to be able to know when it would be safe to roll in, poke, roll out and actually put some requirement of skill and risk in the act of poking as opposed to "herp-derp ill just use DWGR for poise to flip whenever I want because I can tank a hit and flip back out again if it was a bad time no prob."

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 8:43 pm