Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+17
CrackSouls
Grey-Ronin
Forum Pirate
GrEeNgObLiN
Maneater_Mildred
FruitPunchNinja
Yesuurd
RANT
Serious_Much
Gol
Tolvo
Rollo-9
Emergence
Reaperfan
Artorias
reim0027
Baal-Avatar
21 posters

Open discussion of future FC events.

Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Open discussion of future FC events. - Page 8 Empty Re: Open discussion of future FC events.

Post by Forum Pirate Mon Mar 19, 2012 4:40 pm

@gol the people who only fish are the type i just kill and be done with.

@serious I won 1 duel of 5 against a zweihander user last night and he only bsed me once. I bsed him in all but 1 but never more than once AND the match i won had no bsing at all..

so why did he win when i bsed at every opportunity? He knew how to spot/punish my bs attempts and defend against me bs punishing his swings. no trick worked more than once if at at all. it can make or break a match, yes, but if both parties know how to bs/ defend against it, then the regular attacks and headgames are more important. The bs becomes the punishment it was ment to be, instead of something poise stackers do thinking it will win them the match.

And lag always causes problems lag stabbs suck no more than lag hammers to the face. if above average lag is an issue in a fight, everything goes to hell, back stabs just look the wierdest so they draw the hate.

I'll definitely show up for the fc 'bets test'
    Artorias
    Artorias
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Open discussion of future FC events. - Page 8 Empty Re: Open discussion of future FC events.

Post by Artorias Mon Mar 19, 2012 4:42 pm

you forgot the reverse bs lol there always annoying
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Mon Mar 19, 2012 4:44 pm

you mean counter bs? thats how he got me the time he did.
    Artorias
    Artorias
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Artorias Mon Mar 19, 2012 4:47 pm

yea when you backstab and suddenly you swith places and you get bsed.
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Mon Mar 19, 2012 4:50 pm

Its a trick, when are trying to bs you and they get close, circle clockwise and attack. looks really weird to the guy being bsd, looks normal to bser.
    Artorias
    Artorias
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Artorias Mon Mar 19, 2012 4:51 pm

no its just lag
    Maneater_Mildred
    Maneater_Mildred
    Chat Moderator

Post by Maneater_Mildred Mon Mar 19, 2012 4:54 pm

Along time ago, in a blighttown sewer not far from here.......

FC was born. The rules were simple, the fights were epic and it was all about fun....... What happened?
    Gol
    Gol
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Gol Mon Mar 19, 2012 4:54 pm

Forum Pirate wrote:@gol the people who only fish are the type i just kill and be done with.

Yeah, same for me, but it's just soooo boring.
    Backstabbing in this game is very easy and it just ruins the fights, but I think it's just a matter of mentality.

I'm the type of guy who likes to have fun and everything I do, I do it to have fun, especially when I play a game, I just want to have fun... It's just a game, I don't care if I win or lose, I just wanna have some good/beautiful fights with cool peoples.
    Yesuurd
    Yesuurd
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Yesuurd Mon Mar 19, 2012 4:58 pm

Maneater_Mildred wrote:Along time ago, in a blighttown sewer not far from here.......

FC was born. The rules were simple, the fights were epic and it was all about fun....... What happened?

Mass Production....
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Mon Mar 19, 2012 5:00 pm

And thus, the Clone Wars Began.
    Artorias
    Artorias
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Artorias Mon Mar 19, 2012 5:02 pm

Yeah lets just all keep things simple silly
    Yesuurd
    Yesuurd
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Yesuurd Mon Mar 19, 2012 5:04 pm

Ahh simplicity, so beautiful....
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Mon Mar 19, 2012 5:05 pm

@astorias won't argue

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fsp6k4830a0

it starst at 0:35

@gol. all fights with unskilled players are dull. bsing is only easy if the opponent doesn't know how to stop it. bsing me is rather difficult, i know how to avoid it. you hear bs and seem to associate it with pivot and straffe fishing. Thats not the case assuming the player is prepared. that behavior only gets them killed.

bsing is like the bomber of dks. it will destroy you if you can't stop it, but install radar dishes and aa guns and attempting the run is suicidal.
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Mon Mar 19, 2012 5:05 pm

Maneater_Mildred wrote:Along time ago, in a blighttown sewer not far from here.......

I want them back frankly.

Just healing and restarting duel after a BS was reasonable, now everyone decides they wanna turn politician and fight for the right to settle a duel in less than 10 seconds :|

BTW mildred go apply to be a mod, I got £100 bet on with raymundo and I don't wanna lose silly

Last edited by Serious_Much on Mon Mar 19, 2012 5:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Artorias
    Artorias
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Artorias Mon Mar 19, 2012 5:07 pm

no i dont mean that sort of a thing, i mean when you have initaited the bs you just stabbed them and then you switch places, this is caused by lag and registrt errors.

I dont like to argue cuz its pointless :roll:
    Maneater_Mildred
    Maneater_Mildred
    Chat Moderator

Post by Maneater_Mildred Mon Mar 19, 2012 5:18 pm

Lol at yesuurd & tolvo(hope you liked the star wars shout out)

I remember FC 1. Rules; limit BS/wog, no healing, bow then buff and fight. Afew bs happened, the fighters would seperate and bow and back to fighting. Only afew times did the victim heal as most admited they were wide open when they got BSed.

I for 1 would love to keep the rules simple like this and keep it about fun. Respect your fellow fighters, show some honor and have fun.
    I know that as more ppl join it may get harder to deal with views... Kinda makes me sad....
    Artorias
    Artorias
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Artorias Mon Mar 19, 2012 5:20 pm

i dont really mind about the rules too much i just sorta follow along lol
    Maneater_Mildred
    Maneater_Mildred
    Chat Moderator

Post by Maneater_Mildred Mon Mar 19, 2012 5:24 pm

Serious_Much wrote:

BTW mildred go apply to be a mod, I got £100 bet on with raymundo and I don't wanna lose silly
    :shock:

I wouldnt know the 1st thing about that!

My CV:

That is all of it.
    GrEeNgObLiN
    GrEeNgObLiN
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by GrEeNgObLiN Mon Mar 19, 2012 5:27 pm

Yesuurd wrote:That is not the only thing, you have a group of people devoted to dueling, you can chat with them, socialize etc...there are still many rules which are always followed, the heart of FC is it's organization, also you have devoted hosts and a separate environment from all, invaders can come but they will be killed by us.

This thread is on because of FC growing so much that it is now needed to be polled since now there are so many new players, when it was just a handful and some randoms then it was different, but now there will be people who are not willing to abide to the simple rules it started with.

I say this as it sounds, not stating that it is best when it started or whatever because always someone will assume that is where my comment came from, just to be clear,
    the reason is growth and change.

I completly agree. When we where a handfull players with simple rules. Now FC is getting so many new player, also comes with so many different opinions.
    Iif everybody follows the most rules there would be a 1day tread with 7 pages in one houre about the rules.
    After all dont forget FC is made by a handfull people to be in the first place having fun!
    There will always be events en everybody may suggest for example a magic event or something. Everything is possible. Varietion is good. But with so many people rules must be followed.
    Well just saying offcours
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Mon Mar 19, 2012 5:28 pm

Maneater_Mildred wrote:
    Serious_Much wrote:

:shock:

I wouldnt know the 1st thing about that!

My CV:

That is all of it.

*sigh* guess I'll have to give him my knee caps instead :shock:

on a serious note though, i think the mod team should be begging for you to be a mod, you would be good I think.

Mothers know about being fair after all silly
    Yesuurd
    Yesuurd
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Yesuurd Mon Mar 19, 2012 5:32 pm

@Mildred

Point Up Sun

@Green

Exactly, imagine the mayhem with everyone running around with no pants now and you
    know that was the first rule of all! or was it?
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Mon Mar 19, 2012 5:34 pm

Yesuurd wrote:Exactly, imagine the mayhem with everyone running around with no pants now and you
    know that was the first rule of all! or was it?

wow, the fight club is now big enough to have a collection of in-jokes?

You know it's getting popular :affraid:
    GrEeNgObLiN
    GrEeNgObLiN
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by GrEeNgObLiN Mon Mar 19, 2012 5:34 pm

Hahaha idd cant wait to finally fight you without pants Y. Joy
    reim0027
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 Mon Mar 19, 2012 5:41 pm

Mildred, can you define "limit BS"? That is where I'm having problems. "Limit" is different to everyone. To me, it means no spamming. Say, 1 per fight?

What about no pivot BS? The roll ones take more skill to pull off, and generally are used to punish mistakes.
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Mon Mar 19, 2012 5:45 pm

Reim problem with that is then, if BS is allowed but not available to players who havent practiced BSing in ridiculous ways like roll BS etc then i think that's just gonna put them out a bit.

I'd like for FC not to get turned into an elitist club by putting restrictions on the method of BS. To me it doesn't matter if you walked, cartwheeled or flew into position it still leaves your opponent face down and pretty much dead.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 2:37 pm