Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+17
CrackSouls
Grey-Ronin
Forum Pirate
GrEeNgObLiN
Maneater_Mildred
FruitPunchNinja
Yesuurd
RANT
Serious_Much
Gol
Tolvo
Rollo-9
Emergence
Reaperfan
Artorias
reim0027
Baal-Avatar
21 posters

Open discussion of future FC events.

Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Open discussion of future FC events. - Page 11 Empty Re: Open discussion of future FC events.

Post by Serious_Much Mon Mar 19, 2012 9:57 pm

Well, that's a surprising choice and an unfortunate one. Thank you for the work you've done up until now for fight club, I feel you've really helped it evolve and grow, and it's a shame you can't continue to contribute to it. A personal thank you from me for the times you hosted my fights Joy big grin

Now then, when do we get our Voting slips? I think they'll look a lot like this one silly

Open discussion of future FC events. - Page 11 Ballot-paper_1910399a
    reim0027
    reim0027

Open discussion of future FC events. - Page 11 Empty Re: Open discussion of future FC events.

Post by reim0027 Mon Mar 19, 2012 10:03 pm

I guess I haven't been around since the inception of this FC. But, as it stands right now is pretty darn good. It is not like we are playing with a bunch of "I want it MY way" people. We are playing with people who want to duel AND have fun. As more people get hooked and addicted to this, it is natural for discussions like this to crop up.

So far, it has been respectful, and nice to see. But, nothing has changed, nothing decided yet. We are just voicing our thoughts so that . . . ahem . . . Rant . . . can consider them and make any changes he feels would be good.
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Mon Mar 19, 2012 10:06 pm

But i want a golden goose now
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Mon Mar 19, 2012 10:08 pm

Forum Pirate wrote:But i want a golden goose now

Too bad, she's mine twisted

she tasted pretty damn good too silly
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Mon Mar 19, 2012 10:11 pm

charlie and the chocolate factory, veronica i think. get the names confused.
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Mon Mar 19, 2012 10:14 pm

I think it's veruca who said that, was veronica the tomboy one?
    Reaperfan
    Reaperfan
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Reaperfan Mon Mar 19, 2012 10:16 pm

Forum Pirate wrote:charlie and the chocolate factory, veronica i think. get the names confused.

Veruca Salt was her name winking

Send me a ballot (or a poll) with a name and I'll vote for a leader gladly happy
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Mon Mar 19, 2012 10:21 pm

bah, close enough. I found it funny at least.

As i said, i'll just go with whatever. I'll have more fun in other places if some of the restrictions pass but the fun will be more concentrated at fc. wont have to wade through 30 full havels lightning zweih guys before getting a good match
    Maneater_Mildred
    Maneater_Mildred
    Chat Moderator

Post by Maneater_Mildred Mon Mar 19, 2012 10:38 pm

Baal-Avatar wrote:I am stepping down organizing any Fight Club events. I have spend a lot of personal time in the past few months promoting, organizing and attending events. I have never had a problem spending my Saturday nights hosting so that the members of the community could have a fun night of PVP, but I feel it is in the best interest of the community if I no longer take on this responsibility.

I am still more than happy to sticky any event that has interest in the forums. I look forward to seeing the next evolution of FC.

gg

Proper Bow
    sad

It was a honor Prostration

I hope you will have time to come fight when you are free.
    Yesuurd
    Yesuurd
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Yesuurd Mon Mar 19, 2012 10:43 pm

I hope Baal comes fight too, I doubt he will not...his post talks about organizing and such
    not that he will leave FC all together I think.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Mon Mar 19, 2012 10:44 pm

I have a character in the 70's actually that I may be able to bring over onto NG+ and get Btown open on him, though he won't be able to fight. He can host at least.
    GrEeNgObLiN
    GrEeNgObLiN
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by GrEeNgObLiN Tue Mar 20, 2012 7:06 am

Mine is almost ready to host blight!
    Come one Baal did this special so u also get to play. Think of the beginning. Many of us love to fight u even if we mostly lose. Also making the next one for hosting sens. Just keep rules simple like in beginning and dont forget its all for the fun!
    FruitPunchNinja
    FruitPunchNinja
    Revived
    Revived

Post by FruitPunchNinja Tue Mar 20, 2012 3:04 pm

ok that took a long time to read, i cant keep up with all these posts :x. its too bad baal is stepping down i think he had a good overall idea of how FC should be. i vote rant as the group leader hes who i noticed seemed to know a lot about FC when i first came to these forums last week lol. Also i kinda liked reapers idea of a boxing night but i would suggest allowing elemental but keeping it cestus and light armor only. i also could see things getting too confusing and hard for other people to get into if we always had tons of rules every time.

what i suggest is that we have normal ruled fights(to be decided) 3/4 of the time then the 4th week we have an event with some special theme. for rules i think we should keep it simple, i also think we are over complicating this as many of you have agreed. i really think we should do the gesture idea with backstabs and just have a gesture that both people do to agree on backstabs and one to not agree. someone else said the same and i agree i would have no problem or think any different of anyone who didnt want backstabs i would abide by that rule if they wanted(i found the fights from the last FC fun but i do want some variety).
    Reaperfan
    Reaperfan
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Reaperfan Tue Mar 20, 2012 3:25 pm

Alright guys, since I'm still kind of in the mood to make polls to help settle these things, lets get a list of nominations for leaders going. I'll give it a day or two before actually making a poll so that anyone who is nominated will have the chance to decline if so desired. Anyone who is nominated without declining will appear in the poll in a few days, and the one with the most votes becomes the official organizer of FC!

Since I feel like shaking things up, I nominate GrEeNgObLiN. I like the less strenuous approach to rules you seem to have happy

PS: Only one nominee per poster please.
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Tue Mar 20, 2012 3:27 pm

But.... what about my ingenious ballot? sad sad sad

Open discussion of future FC events. - Page 11 Jun01blatter2
    Reaperfan
    Reaperfan
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Reaperfan Tue Mar 20, 2012 3:29 pm

Serious_Much wrote:But.... what about my ingenious ballot? sad sad sad

Open discussion of future FC events. - Page 11 Jun01blatter2

Funny pic is funny lol!
    And by the suggestions of everyone else seeming to want Rant to lead it, I suspect it will pretty much still come down to that winking
    Maneater_Mildred
    Maneater_Mildred
    Chat Moderator

Post by Maneater_Mildred Tue Mar 20, 2012 3:49 pm

Rant started fight club, so rant gets my vote.
    Emergence
    Emergence
    Sovereign
    Sovereign

Post by Emergence Tue Mar 20, 2012 3:49 pm

For anyone nominated, please consider whether taking on a role of organizer is something you can commit to. It is easy to become enamored with a title but the actual administration is not easy. Whomever is picked will be expected to organize and delegate, and decide on final rules.

For the remainder of the community participants, to reiterate what Fex has said: once a leader is chosen and a rule set has been decided on please let it stand. Theme nights and off the beaten path nights are perfect places for deviation. The thing to keep in mind is this: From software, a group of many well paid individuals was not able to achieve perfect gameplay balance. While we may try and refine and tweak this, though we may make improvements, we will likely fall short of perfect balance as well.

Poop tons of fun for all may not be realistic but there is nothing wrong with poop loads.
    Yesuurd
    Yesuurd
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Yesuurd Tue Mar 20, 2012 3:59 pm

I vote Rant too, he started it and things have always been fine IMO.
    Although I have to say Rant and Green have to be asked about this,
    beforehand, we are voting and we do not consider either if these
    guys want the responsability or can handle it, sometimes we get
    so intense in here that we forget the outside world in which people
    have responsabilities, for one Green I think has a difficult schedule
    and timezone, so let's consider that also.

Last edited by Yesuurd on Tue Mar 20, 2012 4:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Tue Mar 20, 2012 4:01 pm

If it ain't broke don't fix it I say. Rant for president!

By the way my hundreds of cousins are joining this site and shall also vote, all of their online names will be the word Tolvo with a different number at the end. This is legal isn't it? silly
    Yesuurd
    Yesuurd
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Yesuurd Tue Mar 20, 2012 4:03 pm

Tolvo wrote:If it ain't broke don't fix it I say. Rant for president!

By the way my hundreds of cousins are joining this site and shall also vote, all of their online names will be the word Tolvo with a different number at the end. This is legal isn't it? silly

*pivot backstab,shhhhhh do not share that info just yet*
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Tue Mar 20, 2012 4:04 pm

*Backsteps a bit*

Nice try. tongue
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Tue Mar 20, 2012 4:07 pm

the ballot with only one candidate in a "democratic system" was also legit. (im not even joking about that)

I think that something like that may be pushing the boat out a little on what's allowed though silly
    Reaperfan
    Reaperfan
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Reaperfan Tue Mar 20, 2012 4:07 pm

Yesuurd wrote:Although I have to say Rant and Green have to be asked about this,
    beforehand, we are voting and we do not consider either if these
    guys want the responsability or can handle it

I stated in my starting post about this that I'd let the nomination period go for a few days to give them time to notice it and decline if they didn't want it. And while I didn't say it at the time, I will be sending out PMs to all nominees who didn't decline and wait on their responses before I actually put a poll up. This is most certainly not something we would force onto anybody unknowingly happy
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Tue Mar 20, 2012 4:08 pm

In Chicago my trick is legal too, as long as you know which palms to crease and which voices to silence. silly

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 9:30 pm