Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+17
CrackSouls
Grey-Ronin
Forum Pirate
GrEeNgObLiN
Maneater_Mildred
FruitPunchNinja
Yesuurd
RANT
Serious_Much
Gol
Tolvo
Rollo-9
Emergence
Reaperfan
Artorias
reim0027
Baal-Avatar
21 posters

Open discussion of future FC events.

Yesuurd
    Yesuurd
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Open discussion of future FC events. - Page 12 Empty Re: Open discussion of future FC events.

Post by Yesuurd Tue Mar 20, 2012 4:09 pm

Reaperfan wrote:
    Yesuurd wrote:Although I have to say Rant and Green have to be asked about this,
    beforehand, we are voting and we do not consider either if these
    guys want the responsability or can handle it

I stated in my starting post about this that I'd let the nomination period go for a few days to give them time to notice it and decline if they didn't want it. And while I didn't say it at the time, I will be sending out PMs to all nominees who didn't decline and wait on their responses before I actually put a poll up. This is most certainly not something we would force onto anybody unknowingly happy

Proper Bow excellent!!! you have it covered then.
    Reaperfan
    Reaperfan
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Open discussion of future FC events. - Page 12 Empty Re: Open discussion of future FC events.

Post by Reaperfan Tue Mar 20, 2012 4:09 pm

Tolvo wrote:In Chicago my trick is legal too, as long as you know which palms to crease and which voices to silence. silly

Good ol' democracy lol!
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Tue Mar 20, 2012 4:11 pm

Reaperfan wrote:This is most certainly not something we would force onto anybody unknowingly happy

unless this is rant. Ill make him someone's figurehead for all I care silly
    Emergence
    Emergence
    Sovereign
    Sovereign

Post by Emergence Tue Mar 20, 2012 4:16 pm

Good lord, in 20 minutes all you quick draws have buried my post into irrelevance lol. I am going to have to spam it like Solaire Cat now just so everyone can see it. Anyone ever heard of "letting things marinade"?
    Reaperfan
    Reaperfan
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Reaperfan Tue Mar 20, 2012 4:18 pm

Emergence wrote:Good lord, in 20 minutes all you quick draws have buried my post into irrelevance lol. I am going to have to spam it like Solaire Cat now just so everyone can see it. Anyone ever heard of "letting things marinade"?

I saw your post happy
    Maybe send it as a PM to all nominees to make sure they know what they're getting into if they don't decline?
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Tue Mar 20, 2012 4:20 pm

I'm afraid I know very little of cooking Emergence. silly

Here's a good question, what if people don't want to lead it?
    Reaperfan
    Reaperfan
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Reaperfan Tue Mar 20, 2012 4:22 pm

Tolvo wrote:Here's a good question, what if people don't want to lead it?

Then they decline the nomination. Now if nobody accepts the role of leader then I guess we're just back where we started, but at least we tried to move something forward, right?
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Tue Mar 20, 2012 4:23 pm

Emergence wrote:Good lord, in 20 minutes all you quick draws have buried my post into irrelevance lol. I am going to have to spam it like Solaire Cat now just so everyone can see it. Anyone ever heard of "letting things marinade"?

my post was in part taking yours into account, I'd gladly do the organising work and claim against rant's wishes that he's the leader lol!
    Yesuurd
    Yesuurd
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Yesuurd Tue Mar 20, 2012 4:23 pm

Welcome to my world, go back like 4 pages and you will find my essay on the evolution of conciousness vs FC, I bet no one read it winking
    Yesuurd
    Yesuurd
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Yesuurd Tue Mar 20, 2012 4:25 pm

Emergence wrote:For anyone nominated, please consider whether taking on a role of organizer is something you can commit to. It is easy to become enamored with a title but the actual administration is not easy. Whomever is picked will be expected to organize and delegate, and decide on final rules.

For the remainder of the community participants, to reiterate what Fex has said: once a leader is chosen and a rule set has been decided on please let it stand. Theme nights and off the beaten path nights are perfect places for deviation. The thing to keep in mind is this: From software, a group of many well paid individuals was not able to achieve perfect gameplay balance. While we may try and refine and tweak this, though we may make improvements, we will likely fall short of perfect balance as well.

Poop tons of fun for all may not be realistic but there is nothing wrong with poop loads.

*BUMP*
    Reaperfan
    Reaperfan
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Reaperfan Tue Mar 20, 2012 4:38 pm

Serious_Much wrote:

my post was in part taking yours into account, I'd gladly do the organising work and claim against rant's wishes that he's the leader lol!

So you nominate yourself? Nothing wrong with that, I just need to know if you're being Serious Much so as to include you in the eventual ballot/poll happy
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Tue Mar 20, 2012 4:40 pm

Emergence wrote:For anyone nominated, please consider whether taking on a role of organizer is something you can commit to. It is easy to become enamored with a title but the actual administration is not easy. Whomever is picked will be expected to organize and delegate, and decide on final rules.

For the remainder of the community participants, to reiterate what Fex has said: once a leader is chosen and a rule set has been decided on please let it stand. Theme nights and off the beaten path nights are perfect places for deviation. The thing to keep in mind is this: From software, a group of many well paid individuals was not able to achieve perfect gameplay balance. While we may try and refine and tweak this, though we may make improvements, we will likely fall short of perfect balance as well.

Poop tons of fun for all may not be realistic but there is nothing wrong with poop loads.

Let me put this at the top of the page rather than making it be the last post on what.
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Tue Mar 20, 2012 4:41 pm

Reaperfan wrote:
    Serious_Much wrote:

So you nominate yourself? Nothing wrong with that, I just need to know if you're being Serious Much so as to include you in the eventual ballot/poll happy

no, no, no. Im not nominating myself as i want rant as head.. you're missing my point silly
    GrEeNgObLiN
    GrEeNgObLiN
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by GrEeNgObLiN Tue Mar 20, 2012 5:16 pm

I got nominated? Wow thx for the faith in me.
    Ok rule nr1. Everybody must wear pants!!! Lol especially Yesuurd!

I do have a busy job as cook and my english is not always perfect, i am almost every hour checking this PvP section and omg so many new post in one hour?
    I sure wanna help FC but i wanna support Rant like maybe Vice- president or something. Cause after all he's the one who started this all and make FC growing till now!
    I also wanna recomment Reim ,cause he's really helping a lot of people in FC.
    I also hope Baal will come back, he's a good organisator as well. Hope we all gonna figure this out so we can keep us saturdaynights/evening free to look out for some awesome FUN fighting!
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Tue Mar 20, 2012 5:26 pm

GrEeNgObLiN wrote:I got nominated? Wow thx for the faith in me.
    Ok rule nr1. Everybody must wear pants!!! Lol especially Yesuurd!

I do have a busy job as cook and my english is not always perfect, i am almost every hour checking this PvP section and omg so many new post in one hour?
    I sure wanna help FC but i wanna support Rant like maybe Vice- president or something. Cause after all he's the one who started this all and make FC growing till now!
    I also wanna recomment Reim ,cause he's really helping a lot of people in FC.
    I also hope Baal will come back, he's a good organisator as well. Hope we all gonna figure this out so we can keep us saturdaynights/evening free to look out for some awesome FUN fighting!

I'm having to resist the urge to post my ballot picture again.. I mean seriously, i think probably everyone who get's nominated will turn the offer down in favour of rant (unless he's power hungry and desperate for his own rules perfect how he likes them to be laid down and set in stone, but he still wont beat Rant in the votes).

I just want Rant to make an appearance and say something, we're all waiting for it after all :|
    Maneater_Mildred
    Maneater_Mildred
    Chat Moderator

Post by Maneater_Mildred Tue Mar 20, 2012 5:30 pm

/me starts holding breath for rant to turn up.
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Tue Mar 20, 2012 5:44 pm

you're still holding your breath for FROM and Namco to get back to me about the chest piece mildred, you're doing too much silly
    GrEeNgObLiN
    GrEeNgObLiN
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by GrEeNgObLiN Tue Mar 20, 2012 5:52 pm

Mildred how did i forget you!!! Theres only one sack!!!
    All waiting for Rant. Hope when finally theres a president there soon gonna be the simple rules and please everybody respect thise rules so we wont all have to read a 20 pages discussion while we normaly by now have decided the next event for Saturday.
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Tue Mar 20, 2012 5:58 pm

man, i knew this was gonna be a pain in the *** when it got big, i miss the good ol days. if i win the vote im gonna take into account the polls and once the rules have been decided they will be final. i probably wont be on as much on the actual event, i will make an effort to attend all of them though, but i will always be on the wiki though, i can alway find time to get on it. i didnt post anything earlier cause i wanted to see how everone felt about all that is going on recently, sorry about that.
    Yesuurd
    Yesuurd
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Yesuurd Tue Mar 20, 2012 5:59 pm

GrEeNgObLiN wrote:Mildred how did i forget you!!! Theres only one sack!!!
    All waiting for Rant. Hope when finally theres a president there soon gonna be the simple rules and please everybody respect thise rules so we wont all have to read a 20 pages discussion while we normaly by now have decided the next event for Saturday.

G, I like you dood...Go make me a sandwich and wear pants please.
    GrEeNgObLiN
    GrEeNgObLiN
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by GrEeNgObLiN Tue Mar 20, 2012 6:07 pm

Hahaha Y. You went for a translation book? Hahaha

No seriously Rant. Dont think there gonna be a poll needed cause we all know who we gonna choose,
    But we also wanna make FC like the old days. So many new members in a short time of period!
    We all will respect those rules cause we all now you ll maken them right.
    I m sure many of us would glady to help u with it so you dont needed to do it all by yourself.
    Yesuurd
    Yesuurd
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Yesuurd Tue Mar 20, 2012 6:14 pm

Again we don't need to overcomplicate things, we have many members who know the ways of FC, also at all FC gatherings all that offer to host can host, depending on connection issues etc and the more hosts the more duels.Hosts can cycle bla bla, anyways the point is this:

If everyone agrees to Rant's rules then that is that, events outside FC could be organized by anyone or either a group of volunteers that Rant may choose, I don't think FC is something which can be handled entirely by one person.
    Nor that one person would want to cary that burden and more so now that it is getting
    out of league (see Baal for example, he knew the implications and I respect his choice)

It's funny since Rant will surely be picked as the person to script the rules, which is
    basically saying FC stays the same after a week of discussions over here.

Love it. lol
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Tue Mar 20, 2012 6:22 pm

Yesuurd wrote:

It's funny since Rant will surely be picked as the person to script the rules, which is
    basically saying FC stays the same after a week of discussions over here.

Love it. lol

lol, he did say he'd take the polls into consideration in making his final rules, guess we'll now have to wait for reaper to finish his little social experiment silly

Seriously though reaper, please churn them out quickly so we can get back to what fightclub is all about big grin
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Tue Mar 20, 2012 6:26 pm

RantFromRant wrote:man, i knew this was gonna be a pain in the *** when it got big, i miss the good ol days. if i win the vote im gonna take into account the polls and once the rules have been decided they will be final. i probably wont be on as much on the actual event, i will make an effort to attend all of them though, but i will always be on the wiki though, i can alway find time to get on it. i didnt post anything earlier cause i wanted to see how everone felt about all that is going on recently, sorry about that.

About time silly

glad you ain't stepping aside as well as baal, though i get (I think) why he stepped aside.

I'm sure he'll agree as much as the rest of us you should be taking on the mantle, so to speak.

Look forward to when you publish your list of rules, and keep in mind while you are enscribing them into the stone that we can have one off nights to break away from the rules, and allow other parts of PvP to prevail, just to mix it up (credit to emergence fro that one btw)
    GrEeNgObLiN
    GrEeNgObLiN
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by GrEeNgObLiN Tue Mar 20, 2012 6:38 pm

Glad soon theres gonna be light back in FC. We all trust in the rules like old gloriedays because the mean thing after all was --->fun
    And fir the rules so far there will always be events... We can discuss there further instead of a 20 pages in couple days about rules. Baal knew this is gonna happen, respect his choose. I m pretty sure he's gonna join us for fun in the future! Also i read that many persons want to host so means we all can switch and everybody get to taste the fun!
    FC is getting bigger indeed, but we all may not forget the main purpose of it
    And we all members here are are for helping making FC a better place!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 6:03 pm