Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+17
CrackSouls
Grey-Ronin
Forum Pirate
GrEeNgObLiN
Maneater_Mildred
FruitPunchNinja
Yesuurd
RANT
Serious_Much
Gol
Tolvo
Rollo-9
Emergence
Reaperfan
Artorias
reim0027
Baal-Avatar
21 posters

Open discussion of future FC events.

Yesuurd
    Yesuurd
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Open discussion of future FC events. - Page 3 Empty Re: Open discussion of future FC events.

Post by Yesuurd Sun Mar 18, 2012 6:23 pm

Maneater_Mildred wrote:I think the 1st few FCs were the most fun, when everything was ok. just limit the backstabs, no wog spam and respect your fellow fighters. Simple and fun.

Yesuuuuur! I don't even know how all the debate came from, FC is ok as is.
    Although Serious had some good points to consider and I respect his opinion.

At the end of the day it's all about the players, when we have issues in FC it's
    because there is someone doing sketchy stuff, which is not very common,
    everyone kind of knows what to do and plays respectfully I think.
    Yesuurd
    Yesuurd
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Open discussion of future FC events. - Page 3 Empty Re: Open discussion of future FC events.

Post by Yesuurd Sun Mar 18, 2012 6:25 pm

Baal-Avatar wrote:I am removing the event time and date from this post and will leave it as an open discussion about future FC events. There are some good discussions started that I do not want to stop. Now that there are more members to FC, it sounds like some of these issues should be addressed before moving forward. Potentially it might make sense to schedule events for different types of play styles. Like I mentioned before, this is just a way for members of the community to come together and have fun fights on Saturday nights. I was not trying to limit participation. I was trying to make it a fun experience for the participants.

I will reschedule an event when some of the issues are resolved.

Thanks for everyone's feedback in making FC a better experience.

Proper Bow

Thanks Baal.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Sun Mar 18, 2012 6:29 pm

By the way, if magic is definitely allowed you will see some spears thrown. Is it probably one of the worst spells to cast in a duel? Probably. Does Solaire do it? HELL YES HE DOES!

Praise the Sun
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Sun Mar 18, 2012 6:30 pm

Tolvo, even in Blighttown i threw spears silly

They aint bad I can tell you now, then again i was using sun spear which is a pretty hefty projectile to take to the chest big grin

Edit: Baal thank you for the change of thread but sorry that I derailed it, I started the debate and thoughtful discussion trend so I apologise Prostration

hopefully i don't get a naughty sticker for it though silly I feel it's actually a nice thing to have here so people can share opinions and try and see what consensus is happy
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Sun Mar 18, 2012 6:37 pm

after reading everything and i you guys opinions the only thing i can add is this; this game will hae more variety when people stop taking this game too seriously, even in FC. when we had the tourney most people were wearing full giant's with mof(dont mean to offend anyone with this, if that's what you like its fine, you can wear whatever you like in FC). so yeah, it's just a game people but if you like using tactics considered cheap then good for you just dont use them in FC.
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Sun Mar 18, 2012 6:38 pm

seriously? wow im surprised, I guess the 'in' fashion for dark that week was heavy armour Shrug

Also now that the fight club has gotten bigger from rant's initial formation of it can we please give him some recognition? big grin I feel this has become a big part of our community. We should acknowledge the "Mr Durden" of the forum hehe silly
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Sun Mar 18, 2012 6:41 pm

Trust me Serious, I know what is in fashion in Dark Souls. And while every little miss bell and tommy backstabber loves to wear the high poise gear, what's in season these days is being pantsless. Yesuurd has been trying to stop this trend so he's been blacklisted from the Dark Souls fashion community. Me, I try to go with a more retro style of bringing ties back to old styles of the NPC's you see in the game.

Maneater_Mildred
    Maneater_Mildred
    Chat Moderator

Post by Maneater_Mildred Sun Mar 18, 2012 6:45 pm

Serious_Much wrote:seriously? wow im surprised, I guess the 'in' fashion for dark that week was heavy armour Shrug

Also now that the fight club has gotten bigger from rant's initial formation of it can we please give him some recognition? big grin I feel this has become a big part of our community. We should acknowledge the "Mr Durden" of the forum hehe silly

+1

*bats eyelids*
    Yesuurd
    Yesuurd
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Yesuurd Sun Mar 18, 2012 6:55 pm

Look I need to say something...Baal is the one running around naked, I wear pants ok!

Tolvo, you will hear from my lawyers for diffamation of character, you are just jealous
    of how good my pants look.

P.S-I just remembered I didn't give the cake to mildred but atleast we saw the sun, so next time Mil.

http://somethingjustgotreal.com/
    Emergence
    Emergence
    Sovereign
    Sovereign

Post by Emergence Sun Mar 18, 2012 6:59 pm

It is touching indeed that you request titles for one another, but it makes us look like we are behind the ball! We have a naughty/nice list going, it takes time to choose the perfect title and icons. So quit taking the wind out of our sails, we like to deliver surprises!
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Sun Mar 18, 2012 7:00 pm

"I've got a bad feeling about this."-Everyone in Star Wars.

Haha, who needs titles? Maybe I should stop posting and keep this one, I am an insomniac after all haha.
    Yesuurd
    Yesuurd
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Yesuurd Sun Mar 18, 2012 7:11 pm

wow tolvo you are an insomniac and you got there so fast! I had not noticed...
    Reaperfan
    Reaperfan
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Reaperfan Sun Mar 18, 2012 7:17 pm

Baal-Avatar wrote:On a related note, does magic shield or magic barrier work well at all? I have never used them.

Greater Magic Barrier blocks ~90% of all incoming magic damage. I'm not sure what the regular one blocks but I'd guess it's about 60%-70%. They work incredibly well provided you're against alot of magic damage, and now that spells are allowed I just may be showing up with this to eventually to do something about all these buffing builds out there winking

EDIT: Apparently I didn't realize there were 5 pages to this thread, this has probably already been answered lol. Sorry for necro-responding :oops:

Last edited by Reaperfan on Sun Mar 18, 2012 7:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Yesuurd
    Yesuurd
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Yesuurd Sun Mar 18, 2012 7:21 pm

GMB is amazing I use it against MGS and pure mages...
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Sun Mar 18, 2012 7:23 pm

Also it was brought up in Swords, and while even though this is definitely an open discussion thread I'd just like to reinforce the idea. If people have ideas and opinions, voice them. No tight nit group within FC or single person should just set it all up, if you want to talk about an idea talk about it. Otherwise, I'm going to start posting Quis custodiet ipsos custodes over and over again until it gets really annoying. I'm looking at you Yesuurd, for no real reason in particular, I just am. But yeah, pointless babbling from me as per usual.

Hey, who likes the idea of a Fat Roll only Night? We can call it Battle of the Chunks! Or Chunky, Hefts, The Tub Bowl.
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Sun Mar 18, 2012 7:23 pm

Emergence wrote:It is touching indeed that you request titles for one another, but it makes us look like we are behind the ball! We have a naughty/nice list going, it takes time to choose the perfect title and icons. So quit taking the wind out of our sails, we like to deliver surprises!

sorry emergence, I'll trust you Fex and Baal, or the "inner circle" as I dubbed you just now to come up with some fitting ones big grin

and tolvo, fat roll knight sounds immense, i would definitely attend happy

Last edited by Serious_Much on Sun Mar 18, 2012 7:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Sun Mar 18, 2012 7:24 pm

Hahaha, Serious you couldn't have picked a more Ironic time to post that. lol
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Sun Mar 18, 2012 7:25 pm

really? i dont get it... care to share? silly
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Sun Mar 18, 2012 7:27 pm

It was a reference to the idea of people outside of the elite watching over them and still having a voice, then you mentioned the "Inner circle" doing everything itself without you wanting to put a hand in it. Just funny timing is all, even though it is all just silly, silly that I posted the quote in the first place.

Hmm, another idea, Solaire night! Everyone is Solaire!
    Emergence
    Emergence
    Sovereign
    Sovereign

Post by Emergence Sun Mar 18, 2012 7:33 pm

It may be helpful to streamline the process by clearly defining what the key points of contention are, then following this up with a very clear,unbiased poll for each talking point. Overwhelming majorities obviously rule, but any votes that are close are then treated as openings for compromise.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Sun Mar 18, 2012 7:34 pm

Are the polls on this site allowed to be multiple choice? Because if so we could get some interesting combinations of things going, although obviously ones like Fat Roll night would mean No DWGR rolling anyway.
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Sun Mar 18, 2012 7:35 pm

Indeed emergence, yesuurd had the same idea, an unbiased poll.

However as of now we don't really know how to organise the options in it :|
    Reaperfan
    Reaperfan
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Reaperfan Sun Mar 18, 2012 7:36 pm

Emergence wrote:It may be helpful to streamline the process by clearly defining what the key points of contention are, then following this up with a very clear,unbiased poll for each talking point. Overwhelming majorities obviously rule, but any votes that are close are then treated as openings for compromise.

Let's start with the two big ones then, how about?

-Spells. Do we allow them, and if so, which ones would we consider banning?
    -Backstabs. Do we allow them, and if so, under what pretenses are they to be considered acceptable or not?
    Yesuurd
    Yesuurd
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Yesuurd Sun Mar 18, 2012 7:37 pm

Emergence wrote:It may be helpful to streamline the process by clearly defining what the key points of contention are, then following this up with a very clear,unbiased poll for each talking point. Overwhelming majorities obviously rule, but any votes that are close are then treated as openings for compromise.

I agree although we need someone to redact that poll to be as concise as can be.
    Emergence
    Emergence
    Sovereign
    Sovereign

Post by Emergence Sun Mar 18, 2012 7:39 pm

I would stay away from putting everything in one poll. Keep WoG to one, Magic/Buffs to another, Backstabs etc. But clearly state "As it relates to FC". Otherwise it becomes a PvP debate.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 1:20 pm