Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+5
RANT
Soris Ice Goldwing
Serious_Much
Encore
SadPanda
9 posters

Very Unique Classes/Characters You Want to See

Encore
    Encore
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Location : Bracing myself for the Winds of Change, being supported by the towering pillars of my friends.

Very Unique Classes/Characters You Want to See - Page 2 Empty Re: Very Unique Classes/Characters You Want to See

Post by Encore Fri Jun 07, 2013 6:56 pm

Soris Ice Goldwing wrote:Out of curiosity does the bandit or the thief class are the same as an assassin class? Also I thought a summary of backstory can be done. If not I can do a whole page with the ice mage. I got a few ideas with that one.

Please make backstory for Ice Mage. I did it for Demon Thing in OP and necromancer and Plaquemaster.

Soris Ice Goldwing
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Very Unique Classes/Characters You Want to See - Page 2 Empty Re: Very Unique Classes/Characters You Want to See

Post by Soris Ice Goldwing Fri Jun 07, 2013 7:18 pm

The Mages of ice are interesting at best. These mysterious mages have studied and crafted a form of magic based on ice and the power it lies. They are quite the opposite of pryomancers in almost every regard and have little respect for the flame or fire in general. However that very dislike of fire makes the ice mages hated as well, one of few things they and pyromancers have in common.

The magic of ice stems from souls magic. How was that even possible is something only the ice mages themselves know as they worked to create it. It can be said to be a new magic but ice magic is a powerful type to wield. The spells themselves can be said to be counters to pyromancy and shares a bit in common with soul magic. How many spells of ice there are is unknown but rumors spread about how the best mages know of the strongest and...coldest spells. One thing is for certain, Ice magic was made for both offensive and defensive use, as well as environmental uses.

Frozen mages are the best known as they are the most basic users of it, the graduated class of them. The real ice mages are almost unknown and may not even exist. The reason is that the older and more experience ones are like shadows. They prefer secrecy above all and blend in perfectly with the outside world. The frozen mages are known for their cyan shrouds but mostly for their icy aura they have. Common belief is that the higher ones have that aura perfectly concealed and can it use it as an actual attack cold enough to freeze weak beings. All ice mages are known for being everywhere in the world, even where Pryomancers are. Perhaps to study their enemies of the element of ice...
    Encore
    Encore
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Location : Bracing myself for the Winds of Change, being supported by the towering pillars of my friends.

Post by Encore Fri Jun 07, 2013 7:23 pm

Compilation of backstory ideas:
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by Soris Ice Goldwing Fri Jun 07, 2013 7:29 pm

Was that a good backstory? It has been a long time since I did that.
    Encore
    Encore
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Encore Fri Jun 07, 2013 7:32 pm

Soris Ice Goldwing wrote:Was that a good backstory? It has been a long time since I did that.

Really well done! I liked it.

I only read the first half of the first paragraph though.
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by Soris Ice Goldwing Fri Jun 07, 2013 7:34 pm

Quality over length is what I focus on cat.
    Encore
    Encore
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Encore Fri Jun 07, 2013 7:38 pm

Soris Ice Goldwing wrote:Quality over length is what I focus on cat.

Me to, Soris, it´s not that I thought anything bad about it.

Rather I was preoccupied with thinking about ideas for my Covenant.
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by Soris Ice Goldwing Fri Jun 07, 2013 7:39 pm

Before this gets derailed think an Assassin class can be done?
    Encore
    Encore
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Encore Fri Jun 07, 2013 7:43 pm

I think an assassin class should be done, being similar to thief but also using smoke bombs and poison.
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by Soris Ice Goldwing Fri Jun 07, 2013 7:45 pm

Poison knives and all the moss types.
    SadPanda
    SadPanda
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by SadPanda Fri Jun 07, 2013 8:09 pm

Soris Ice Goldwing wrote:Before this gets derailed think an Assassin class can be done?
    Assassin
    Starting Weapons:
    -RH1: Agent's Sword, slightly curved jagged sword. Very fast, inflicts bleed, and has high critical boost.
    -RH2: Wilted Rose, a weapon only capable of critical attacks. Though it barely inflicts damage, a successful critical attack means certain intoxication to the target.
    -LH1: Dueler's Buckler: A small shield with a strange engraving, perhaps of a secret order? Very well with parrying.
    -LH2: Faerie's Bow, a small bow with a very fast draw speed. This strange bow looks like it was made for a child, as such only special arrows can be used with it.
    Starting Gear:
    -Stalker's Cowl, a hood shadowing the wearer's face, but in a world like this, why hide your identity?
    -Shadow Cloak, a cloak that can not be well spotted in dark areas.
    -Black Satin Gloves, elegant gloves that conceal the sense of touch.
    -Assassin's Footpads, stealthy sandals disguising the sound of footsteps, common with thieves and assassins.
    Staring Spells:
    -None
    Starting Miscellaneous:
    -Velvet Ribbon, a thin red strip bound to the wrist, signifying ties to the ancient assassin school. Only the most accomplished are branded with this bracelet.
    Starting Stats:
    -Same/similar to thief.

Lore time guys winking
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Fri Jun 07, 2013 8:14 pm

SadPanda wrote:C'mon guys, I said VERY unique! I'm all for your guys' opinions and everything, but I want the crazy outlandish stuff nobody ever says because they think they'll sound stupid. But I definitely want cleric to be monk as well. Ice magic sounds pretty solid too.

im too lazy to really think about specifics, but I do want the cleric to be a monk and have him wield a staff like the phosphorescent pole from demon's souls, I want pole weapons back damnit! and I want the poles to scale with faith and and str(some pure faith, others pure str)
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by Soris Ice Goldwing Fri Jun 07, 2013 8:18 pm

I'll let the cat or someone else take the assassin. What else can be done?
    SadPanda
    SadPanda
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by SadPanda Fri Jun 07, 2013 8:22 pm

RANT wrote:
    SadPanda wrote:C'mon guys, I said VERY unique! I'm all for your guys' opinions and everything, but I want the crazy outlandish stuff nobody ever says because they think they'll sound stupid. But I definitely want cleric to be monk as well. Ice magic sounds pretty solid too.

im too lazy to really think about specifics, but I do want the cleric to be a monk and have him wield a staff like the phosphorescent pole from demon's souls, I want pole weapons back damnit! and I want the poles to scale with faith and and str(some pure faith, others pure str)
    God damn it, I've already done 4 classes. Might as well do another...

Monk
    Starting Weapons:
    -RH1: Pacifist's Staff, a staff wielded by the peaceful monks of _____. It is in amazingly great condition hence the little combat use. Very strong and fast.
    -RH2: None.
    -LH1: Talisman of Peace, a talisman incapable of producing any offensive magic. All defensive and restoration miracles are increased by 50%
    -LH2: None.
    Starting Armor:
    -All monk gear. Thin robes with little physical protection.
    Starting Miscellaneous:
    -Pure Heart: Through a life of devotion and purity your soul resists the temptations of dark magic. All dark magics damage is cut by 50%, whether you cast it or another.
    Starting Stats
    -Similar to cleric.
    SadPanda
    SadPanda
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by SadPanda Fri Jun 07, 2013 8:25 pm

Soris Ice Goldwing wrote:I'll let the cat or someone else take the assassin. What else can be done?
    Ahem...

SadPanda wrote:
    Assassin
    Starting Weapons:
    -RH1: Agent's Sword, slightly curved jagged sword. Very fast, inflicts bleed, and has high critical boost.
    -RH2: Wilted Rose, a weapon only capable of critical attacks. Though it barely inflicts damage, a successful critical attack means certain intoxication to the target.
    -LH1: Dueler's Buckler: A small shield with a strange engraving, perhaps of a secret order? Very well with parrying.
    -LH2: Faerie's Bow, a small bow with a very fast draw speed. This strange bow looks like it was made for a child, as such only special arrows can be used with it.
    Starting Gear:
    -Stalker's Cowl, a hood shadowing the wearer's face, but in a world like this, why hide your identity?
    -Shadow Cloak, a cloak that can not be well spotted in dark areas.
    -Black Satin Gloves, elegant gloves that conceal the sense of touch.
    -Assassin's Footpads, stealthy sandals disguising the sound of footsteps, common with thieves and assassins.
    Staring Spells:
    -None
    Starting Miscellaneous:
    -Velvet Ribbon, a thin red strip bound to the wrist, signifying ties to the ancient assassin school. Only the most accomplished are branded with this bracelet.
    Starting Stats:
    -Same/similar to thief.

Lore time guys winking
    Encore
    Encore
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Encore Fri Jun 07, 2013 8:27 pm

There are some people on this planet skilled in the arts of unfair combat... and then there is Assassins.

Usually employed by by royalty and noble folks, the assassins employ deadly poisons and vile tactics to finish of their enemies. Stealthy warriors, the assassin works from within the shadows to strike where the enemy is most vulnerable.

Most assassins are trained in a loosely connected organisation called "The assassins school". They´re taught to finish of the opponent before they´re even noticed. The school provides the assassins with some basic equipment after finishing their period there. These armaments are strange in their appearance, looking childish and something most adults would never wield.

A few of these people are only assassins in title, preferring to wander the world, searching for excitement, a purpose or maybe something as simple as a normal life?
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by Soris Ice Goldwing Fri Jun 07, 2013 8:28 pm

How about exiled nobility?
    Encore
    Encore
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Encore Fri Jun 07, 2013 8:36 pm

Assassins does not feel like something that is noble.

I just made a new thread here: https://soulswiki.forumotion.com/t22340-compilation-of-backstory-elements#462297
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by Soris Ice Goldwing Fri Jun 07, 2013 8:37 pm

I meant a noble person who has been exiled from his or her land. Bad idea?
    Encore
    Encore
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Encore Fri Jun 07, 2013 8:40 pm

As a new "Crazy class" idea, sure. But I think it does not fit the assassins idea.
    SadPanda
    SadPanda
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by SadPanda Fri Jun 07, 2013 8:41 pm

Soris Ice Goldwing wrote:How about exiled nobility?
    Guh, I'll try...
    Old Noble
    Starting Weapons:
    -RH1: Silver Dagger, a very sharp dagger of fine quality. Very fast and inflicts great bleed damage.
    -RH2: None.
    -LH1: Silver Buckler, rather a decoration that a piece of armor, this buckler is of high quality and is very stables.
    -LH2: Ivory Talisman, high quality talisman given only to nobles.
    Starting Armor:
    -Rusted Crown, an old bronze crown once of great beauty, this is now a reminder of exile.
    -Royal Armor, fine quality silver armor, reflects the image of attackers at themselves. A symbol of valiance and gallantry now dirty and rusting.
    -Royal Gloves, fine quality satin gloves specifically tailored.
    -Royal Boots, fine quality velvet boots specifically tailored.
    Starting Spells:
    -Royal Blessing, greatly recover health for 5 seconds, an old family rite granted through gain of kingdom.
    Starting Miscellaneous:
    -Outcasts Brand, before being cast aside from your kingdom, a mark of cowardice was branded on your neck, merchants/NPC's will be less fond of you without persuasion.
    Starting Stats:
    -Similar to royalty.
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Fri Jun 07, 2013 8:42 pm

monk op, needs nerf.
    SadPanda
    SadPanda
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by SadPanda Fri Jun 07, 2013 8:44 pm

Teh Kitten´s Cat wrote:There are some people on this planet skilled in the arts of unfair combat... and then there is Assassins.

Usually employed by by royalty and noble folks, the assassins employ deadly poisons and vile tactics to finish of their enemies. Stealthy warriors, the assassin works from within the shadows to strike where the enemy is most vulnerable.

Most assassins are trained in a loosely connected organisation called "The assassins school". They´re taught to finish of the opponent before they´re even noticed. The school provides the assassins with some basic equipment after finishing their period there. These armaments are strange in their appearance, looking childish and something most adults would never wield.

A few of these people are only assassins in title, preferring to wander the world, searching for excitement, a purpose or maybe something as simple as a normal life?
    Instead of "Assassin School", possibly something like Goddess' Hand? It doesn't seem like assassins would go around telling people that they were part of the assassin school. But something like Goddess' Hand would have a similar shock factor and would sound more secretive/elegant.
    SadPanda
    SadPanda
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by SadPanda Fri Jun 07, 2013 8:45 pm

Well since making classes is kind of my niche, if anyone has an idea for a class feel free to ask me if you want it made thumbs up
    Encore
    Encore
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Encore Fri Jun 07, 2013 8:46 pm

SadPanda wrote:Well since making classes is kind of my niche, if anyone has an idea for a class feel free to ask me if you want it made thumbs up

I´ll be happy to provide lore.

Edit: Changed the name of the assassins school to "The battlemasters" in my lore compilations thread.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 10, 2024 9:52 pm