Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+4
Green__Eagle
Sentiel
Jansports
dsg78gaming
8 posters

A unique Challenge ?

dsg78gaming
    dsg78gaming
    Casual
    Casual

A unique Challenge ? Empty A unique Challenge ?

Post by dsg78gaming Tue May 28, 2013 4:52 am

Just created a new challenge on my youtube channel :

https://youtu.be/tnOOWPLMVmA

It's a sl1 run were you can only use a weapon once. Just thought some of you may be interested in this as it is a slightly different challenge. Check it out and let me know what you think, thanks everyone happy
    Jansports
    Jansports
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

A unique Challenge ? Empty Re: A unique Challenge ?

Post by Jansports Tue May 28, 2013 5:58 am

This looks interesting, No master key and these rules mean a Blackfirebomb start. With the ones you pick up, hmm I wonder what bosses you Can kill with them. since you have such a limited number anything with too much health can't be done. I'd save firebombs for Capra (kill him without entering the fog)

The harder bosses need "real" weapons. I'd down grade the occult club to divine and take that to Nito. Probably use the Battle axe or reinforced club on 4 kings, and light crossbow for drake and josh.

It would make sense to bare fist bed of chaos as your damage doesn't matter.

I might need to try this.
    Sentiel
    Sentiel
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Sentiel Tue May 28, 2013 6:52 am

Asylum Demon - Hand Axe
    Taurus Demon - Throwing Knife
    Bellfry Gargoyles - Poison Throwing Knife
    Capra Demon - Firebomb
    Gaping Dragon - Black Firebomb
    Quelaag - Ghost Blade
    Iron Golem - Fire Caestus (make him fall off a ledge) / Nothing, just summon Tarkus
    Ornstein and Smough - Fire Club
    Sif - Fire Morning Star
    Pinwheel - Elemental Straight Sword Hilt, or Broken Straight Sword should be enough for him
    Seath - Lightning Dagger
    Nito - Divine Mace
    Four Kings - Fire Reinforced Club
    Ceaseless Discharge - Nothing, he kills himself
    Demon Firesage - Jagged Ghost Blade (bleeding him out should work)
    Centipede Demon - Lightning Light Crossbow + Lightning Bolts
    Bed of Chaos - Bare Hands
    Gywn - Battle Axe

If it is NG, it should work like this, at least for me. However it would require a LOT of farming and upgrading and some bosses will require god-like patience.

1 : SL 1 no levelling
    2 : Each weapon or item can only be used in one boss fight
    3 : No master key
    4 : No spells or pyro
    5 : No NPC killing or blacksmith killing to gain weapons ie blacksmith hammers
    6 : No conevant shortcuts or items
    7 : All rings and Resins are allowed

Perhpas add no summoning rule?
    Some fights can be cheesed with NPC summons.
    Green__Eagle
    Green__Eagle
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Green__Eagle Tue May 28, 2013 7:38 am

I would hope you can use anything you wish in order to survive long enough to reach the boss.

I suppose for an additional challenge, play the entire game as a hollow so you are unable to be invaded or summon anyone.
    dsg78gaming
    dsg78gaming
    Casual
    Casual

Post by dsg78gaming Tue May 28, 2013 8:28 am

Jansports wrote:This looks interesting, No master key and these rules mean a Blackfirebomb start. With the ones you pick up, hmm I wonder what bosses you Can kill with them. since you have such a limited number anything with too much health can't be done. I'd save firebombs for Capra (kill him without entering the fog)

The harder bosses need "real" weapons. I'd down grade the occult club to divine and take that to Nito. Probably use the Battle axe or reinforced club on 4 kings, and light crossbow for drake and josh.

It would make sense to bare fist bed of chaos as your damage doesn't matter.

I might need to try this.

Well done with spotting the occult club downgraded for nito as was saving that for later happy, going to add the no summons rule as it should be their. Its not a challenge if someone else is doing it for you. Also between bosses use whatever you want as its just suppose to be about the bosses, I didn't want this challenge to be a marathon play through. Good luck if you try this challenge happy
    Green__Eagle
    Green__Eagle
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Green__Eagle Mon Jun 03, 2013 1:01 pm

Here's my progress and my dilemma:

Asylum Demon: Black firebombs. I could only get him halfway with Bare Fists and Straight Sword Hilt.
    Taurus Demon: Broken Straight Sword. Hard to give up the opportunity to plunge attack.
    The Gargoyles: Dagger+5. Had to use Gold Pine Resin to finish them off.

I'm unsure what to use against Capra. I need to take out the dogs early. Maybe firebombs?

Okay, I've farmed most of my weapons to +5. I haven't gotten the ghost blades or the Mace yet.

I'm thinking Bare Hands for Ceaseless and the Straight Sword Hilt for the Bed of Chaos.

I would really like to use the crossbow on O&S, but where to use the Poison Throwing Knife? Sif would go down too easy with the crossbow, but I don't think poison would work on him. I've always used ranged weapons against him; perhaps it's time to learn to melee under him.

I was thinking about the throwing knives against Gaping Dragon, but they might not do enough damage. I might run out of 99 knives before he was finished. I might use the Throwing Knives against Pinwheel.
    GrinTwist
    GrinTwist
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Location : New Londo Ruins, Illinois: Living in Tart's torture chamber

Post by GrinTwist Mon Jun 03, 2013 1:09 pm

Looks like fun, I might have to do this sooner or later.

Dung pies on Pinwheel!
    Sentiel
    Sentiel
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Sentiel Mon Jun 03, 2013 2:02 pm

GrinTwist wrote:Dung pies on Pinwheel!
    Too OP!
    Green__Eagle
    Green__Eagle
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Green__Eagle Mon Jun 03, 2013 4:56 pm

This challenge is AWESOME! Capra Demon just went down using Caestus+5 and Charcoal Pine Resin.

Solo tip, when you don't have a fog ring or hidden body. Stay by the door; only one dog comes to you. Take him out, run up the stairs, take out the second dog. Then it's just patience.

Wow! Nice to save those stronger weapons until later.
    GrinTwist
    GrinTwist
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Location : New Londo Ruins, Illinois: Living in Tart's torture chamber

Post by GrinTwist Mon Jun 03, 2013 10:57 pm

Sentiel wrote:
    Too OP!

Hm, they might need a nerf on the Dung Pies soon.
    Sentiel
    Sentiel
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Sentiel Tue Jun 04, 2013 7:27 am

GrinTwist wrote:
    Sentiel wrote:
    Too OP!

FROM should learn from this. If you can kill a boss by throwing sh*t at it, there's something wrong.
    Green__Eagle
    Green__Eagle
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Green__Eagle Tue Jun 04, 2013 9:25 am

Dung Pies aren't on the list of weapons, though. At least for this challenge.
    Odinbear
    Odinbear
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Location : Sitting here in limbo, but I know it won't be long. Sitting here in limbo, like a bird without a song. Well they're putting up resistance, but I know that my faith will lead me on. Sitting here in limbo, waiting for the dice to roll.

Post by Odinbear Tue Jun 04, 2013 9:31 am

Sentiel wrote:
    GrinTwist wrote:
    Sentiel wrote:
    Too OP!

FROM should learn from this. If you can kill a boss by throwing sh*t at it, there's something wrong.

Lol, there's something wrong IF you even thought about throwing dung pies at a boss. Lol. Good one. Never would have even thought about doing it.
    twigsterxd
    twigsterxd
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by twigsterxd Tue Jun 04, 2013 9:44 am

Green Eagle: To go off your 1st post you can't use straight sword hilt on BoC cause you already used it on asylum demon.
    Also, throwing things at bosses help if you're low level. Throwing knives are really no different in that sense.
    I'd like to try the challenge but i'm not good enough at low levels. After gaping i'll need to level up.
    Just thought of this, can you use a weapon again if you downgrade it? I mean instead of buying 4 hand axes to upgrade to fire, lightening etc, can you downgrade a fire to make it lightening? Now that I watched the vid, I might try it.
    Green__Eagle
    Green__Eagle
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Green__Eagle Tue Jun 04, 2013 10:01 am

I tried using bare fists (which can be done, should have tried longer) and the straight sword hilt on Asylum Demon, but I was unsuccessful defeating him using those weapons.

I defeated him using Black Firebombs. So, Black Firebombs is off the list to defeat future bosses, but Bare Fists and Straight Sword Hilt are still viable weapons to defeat future Bosses.

I'm up to Quelaag now and I'll probably defeat her using the Hand Axe+9 or +10. Need three more large shards, which are farmable in the swamp.

The thought processes behind this challenge is you are always trying to defeat a boss with your lest viable weapon.

I may have to start over. I have Throwing Knives and Poison Throwing Knives still on my list of available weapons. Time will tell.
    twigsterxd
    twigsterxd
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by twigsterxd Tue Jun 04, 2013 10:52 am

Don't you need a slab for a +10?
    Sentiel
    Sentiel
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Sentiel Tue Jun 04, 2013 10:59 am

I await the day when the community will be so bored, someone will want to do a naked, bare fists only, SL1 run.

If such a thing would be recorded, I would love to see FROMs reaction to it.
    twigsterxd
    twigsterxd
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by twigsterxd Tue Jun 04, 2013 11:05 am

Sentiel wrote:I await the day when the community will be so bored, someone will want to do a naked, bare fists only, SL1 run.

If such a thing would be recorded, I would love to see FROMs reaction to it.
    I thik there is one bro. I remember a guy doing sl 1 naked boss fights barefists. I would link it if I found it but on ps3 browser so I can't link.
    Green__Eagle
    Green__Eagle
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Green__Eagle Tue Jun 04, 2013 7:17 pm

twigsterxd wrote:Don't you need a slab for a +10?

Not for most weapons. You do need a slab for +10 armor. Some weapons can go as high as +15 (which you need a slab to attain).
    Green__Eagle
    Green__Eagle
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Green__Eagle Tue Jun 04, 2013 10:13 pm

I defeated Sif!

Here's how:

Spoiler:

I had the thought that perhaps people would not want to know how certain bosses were defeated. The thrill is in finding your own way.
    Green__Eagle
    Green__Eagle
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Green__Eagle Fri Jun 07, 2013 9:29 am

Well.. so much for the "thrill of finding your own way". I need advice. :-)

I'm up to O&S. I was planning to use the Light Crossbow against them, but the Four Kings are on my list of bosses to defeat.

Pyromancy is not an option during this challenge and I've never used the Red Tearstone Ring, although people say you might as well use it at SL1.

Do you think I should save the LC for the Four Kings? I've defeated them before with a Shortbow, but I cannot remember if I ever beat them with the Light Crossbow. It should be possible, but what do you think?

Of all the bosses left on my list, the Four Kings is the only one I have a doubt to defeat.
    dsg78gaming
    dsg78gaming
    Casual
    Casual

Post by dsg78gaming Sat Jun 08, 2013 9:42 am

I have uploaded parts 2 and 3 of this challenge on my channel (link below). Check it out as it is quite a fun challenge happy
    Green__Eagle
    Green__Eagle
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Green__Eagle Tue Jun 11, 2013 9:01 am

Who else is doing this challenge?

Here's my progress thus far: Asylum Demon, Taurus Demon, The Gargoyles, Capra Demon, Gaping Dragon, Quelaag, Iron Golem, Ornsein & Smough, Sif, Pinwheel, and Ceaseless Discharge are dead.

The bosses I have yet to defeat are Seath, Nito, The 4 Kings, Firesage Demon, Gwyn, Centipede Demon, and Bed of Chaos.

I have high confidence that I can finish this challenge. That being said... Firesage is giving me a hard time. I need to find a good combination of armor that gives me both physical and flame defense, yet be light enough in weight that I can move fast when I have to.

I'm using my weakest weapon in my arsenal to fight this guy. Well, weakest except for one.

I have one slab. I'm thinking of doing the DLC to get another one.

Okay, if you want more info, here's the list of bosses and the weapons I used or plan to use against each one:

Spoiler:
    Green__Eagle
    Green__Eagle
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Green__Eagle Wed Jun 12, 2013 11:13 pm

UNBELIEVABLE TAKE-DOWN of Nito! Easiest (non-mage) fight I every had with him!

Spoiler:

This Challenge is amazing. There is no way in (heck) I would every attempt this fight with this equipment other than doing this challenge. This weapon was ineffective against Seath, so I thought I would see how much damage it did to Nito. Whew!
    Green__Eagle
    Green__Eagle
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Green__Eagle Mon Jun 17, 2013 7:34 am

I'm almost done with this challenge, but am discouraged.

Power Within is a crutch against the Four Kings. Take that away and I die over and over again.

I'm using Reinforced Club+15 with Gold Pine Resin, fully upgraded painted guardian armor, and ring shield+4 (sometimes crest shield+5). I have good magic protection, but sometimes a king will grab me and suck humanity. I can survive a grab or two, but I'm having trouble killing the first king before the fourth shows up.

I'm staying close to a king and strafing, but my problem is one (or more) of the other kings will come up behind me and kill me with a hit or two.

Here's my question: Would I be better off with the Lightning Reinforced Club+5 and not worry about gold pine resin farming (and it wearing off so fast)?

I was saving the Battle Axe+15 for Gwyn, because I've beaten Gwyn before with the club (kinda easy), so want to learn a new way to defeat him for the finale.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:36 am