Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+27
tinypantha
Nccbd
hey its andres
goober0331
domesplitter13
dancash1808
DxV04
White Knight Wulf
xRamenatorx
Tolvo
Bowdownbe4me
Latitoast
Brokewilly
Lord of Ash
divinebeanpole
dethcurl
XuitusTheGreat
DaemonNacht
SATLOS
User1
AdamantzZ3R0
The Letter X
Juutas
Mrfragglez
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
Phoenix Rising
MrDynogames
31 posters

Battle for DkS II Tournament - Who's The Strongest (XBOX360) (COMPLETED)

domesplitter13
    Addicted
    Addicted

Battle for DkS II Tournament - Who's The Strongest (XBOX360) (COMPLETED) - Page 14 Empty Re: Battle for DkS II Tournament - Who's The Strongest (XBOX360) (COMPLETED)

Post by domesplitter13 Tue Apr 30, 2013 2:53 pm

Too late to add 1 more? GT: domesplitter13

Battle for DkS II Tournament - Who's The Strongest (XBOX360) (COMPLETED) - Page 14 558843162
    User1
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Battle for DkS II Tournament - Who's The Strongest (XBOX360) (COMPLETED) - Page 14 Empty Re: Battle for DkS II Tournament - Who's The Strongest (XBOX360) (COMPLETED)

Post by User1 Tue Apr 30, 2013 3:50 pm

Could I be in a team?
    If so, is there any places available in Omega?
    Juutas
    Juutas
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Juutas Tue Apr 30, 2013 3:54 pm

RenegadeCop wrote:Could I be in a team?
    If so, is there any places available in Omega?

What's wrong with Alpha, huh? Battle for DkS II Tournament - Who's The Strongest (XBOX360) (COMPLETED) - Page 14 1447589260
    User1
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Post by User1 Tue Apr 30, 2013 3:56 pm

It has..
    Well, not enough people who I have fought with before.
    Brokewilly
    Brokewilly
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Brokewilly Tue Apr 30, 2013 4:27 pm

RenegadeCop wrote:It has..
    Well, not enough people who I have fought with before.

Renegade - I got u bro. You r one of the players who showed early interest so one of those slots will be going to u. Well I'm trying to keep the teams as balanced as possible so I will have to take a look at each team and decide which to put you on.

@Juutas - I don't know why no one is giving Team Alpha any love lol!. But as the saying goes "I'd rather be feared than loved!"
    domesplitter13
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by domesplitter13 Tue Apr 30, 2013 6:10 pm

Battle for DkS II Tournament - Who's The Strongest (XBOX360) (COMPLETED) - Page 14 639795459K, cool, I'll join Alpha then. Battle for DkS II Tournament - Who's The Strongest (XBOX360) (COMPLETED) - Page 14 639795459
    Juutas
    Juutas
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Juutas Tue Apr 30, 2013 6:33 pm

Well...I guess I have to make everyone on Omega team regret their fate on the first round then
    Battle for DkS II Tournament - Who's The Strongest (XBOX360) (COMPLETED) - Page 14 3358384175 BOHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!

But seriously though, I'm really relaxed about this tournament and it's really just waste of time thinking about which team you're on at the start.
    Usually tournaments go from casual to tryhard under split second when the matches start to pile up, but I've decided not to care this time...maybe I show up with my Fog ring build, who knows silly
    User1
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Post by User1 Tue Apr 30, 2013 6:38 pm

Your point is proven.
    You scared much.
    I jest, I know things get way out of hand quick.
    All the katanas and spears start coming out then..
    xRamenatorx
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by xRamenatorx Tue Apr 30, 2013 7:39 pm

What exactly is a tryhard? Someone who has a build thats designed to win or does whatevers necassary to win? If so then i enjoy tryhards and i hope everyone brings a build designed to win :p

Why is a katana a tryhard weapon? Because its good? Personally the katana may be my favorite weapon lol. I will actually be using one.

Also no spears will be coming out. The rules say that.
    Brokewilly
    Brokewilly
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Brokewilly Tue Apr 30, 2013 7:43 pm

Juutas wrote:Well...I guess I have to make everyone on Omega team regret their fate on the first round then
    Battle for DkS II Tournament - Who's The Strongest (XBOX360) (COMPLETED) - Page 14 3358384175 BOHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!

But seriously though, I'm really relaxed about this tournament and it's really just waste of time thinking about which team you're on at the start.
    Usually tournaments go from casual to tryhard under split second when the matches start to pile up, but I've decided not to care this time...maybe I show up with my Fog ring build, who knows silly

Exacta - no need to get all worked up. Juutas ur one of the veterans of FCs/tournys so this should be familiar ground for u. I just want everyone to be competitive yet enjoy themselves - rainbows and unicorns people (you can't go "full hollow" with that picture in your mind lol! )

Everyone I am noting all of the forum members who have recently expressed interest in the tourney. I am trying to go about this in an equitable manner as possible - so I will be sending out PMs so we can get a few rounds of duels in. I plan to be on-line alot the next few days - I want to get all of the planning wrapped up within the next 1 or 2 weeks.
    User1
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Post by User1 Tue Apr 30, 2013 7:46 pm

xRamenatorx wrote:What exactly is a tryhard? Someone who has a build thats designed to win or does whatevers necassary to win? If so then i enjoy tryhards and i hope everyone brings a build designed to win :p

Why is a katana a tryhard weapon? Because its good? Personally the katana may be my favorite weapon lol. I will actually be using one.

Did I ever say I was relating to this? No.
    I was just making a point. Point being, if people get overly-competitive, they resort to extremely irritating things to win.
    Katanas are also quite easy to do very well with, they are favoured by many because of that quality.
    Brokewilly
    Brokewilly
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Brokewilly Tue Apr 30, 2013 7:53 pm

xRamenatorx wrote:What exactly is a tryhard? Someone who has a build thats designed to win or does whatevers necassary to win? If so then i enjoy tryhards and i hope everyone brings a build designed to win :p

Try-hard can mean different things to different people. Commonly accepted definitions of certain things have always been an issue in this game.

People have defined try-hard as using certain type of builds, armor, weapons, spamming attacks, BS fishing, etc ad infinitum... I think everyone has at one time or another went to great lengths to kill their opponent for whatever reason and I bet ur opponent classified you as "try-hard" at the time just as u may have classified them as a "try-hard".

I just want to keep things professional, competitive yet friendly.Just let all of your skill u have acquired to date flow like a calm stream and everything should go just fine.

I have no problem with katana's personally - I just recently started to use them. But some frown on them because of their short cool down between attacks and high AR. Any player who has done a reasonable amount of PvP should know how to deal with a katana.

There should be a "no spear" rule listed - I will check the top post to confirm.
    Brokewilly
    Brokewilly
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Brokewilly Tue Apr 30, 2013 8:14 pm

Ok - the "No Spear" rule is noted in the top post and "in effect" for the tourney. So hopefully there are not alot of combatants who are "true" spear users. If you are then I suggest you hit the pit (or wherever) hard with friend for some knock-down drag-out training with ur favorite non-spear type weapon.

In regards to picking teams - I'm going to have to be a dictator on this one subject.I need to try to keep the teams balanced from a build perspective.I'm trying have a medium to high probability of different builds dueling one another - at least initially.In my opinion it will keep the tourney interesting.
    User1
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Post by User1 Tue Apr 30, 2013 8:19 pm

Ok then, how does this sound? I'm not sure what group I'll end up in though.

I use a Broadsword and Great Scythe, buffed with only the best, CMW.
    I roll with 34 poise, which I prefer more for looks, but still gives good protection.
    Fast rolling is mabish.

How did I do? big grin
    Brokewilly
    Brokewilly
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Brokewilly Tue Apr 30, 2013 9:21 pm

RenegadeCop wrote:Ok then, how does this sound? I'm not sure what group I'll end up in though.

I use a Broadsword and Great Scythe, buffed with only the best, CMW.
    I roll with 34 poise, which I prefer more for looks, but still gives good protection.
    Fast rolling is mabish.

How did I do? big grin

Your good - except for the power buff (no SLB,DMB,CMW/GMW/MW allowed winking - ) - check the rules in the top post. I'm don't want to see 2-3 hit kills (not saying u wouldn't be able to do that without a power buff) sorry bro. Resins can be used with abandon though. Everything else is good to go. If ur good with that GC and broadsword (hey Juutas - he's using ur weapon of choice silly ) you should do just fine.
    User1
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Post by User1 Tue Apr 30, 2013 9:26 pm

I shall ditch my beloved CMW then. sad
    Hey, may use the Claymore instead, if you're gonna be like that, I'm pretty good with it. silly
    Be wary of Hornet Ring much. Parries only!
    Brokewilly
    Brokewilly
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Brokewilly Tue Apr 30, 2013 9:55 pm

RenegadeCop wrote:I shall ditch my beloved CMW then. sad
    Hey, may use the Claymore instead, if you're gonna be like that, I'm pretty good with it. silly
    Be wary of Hornet Ring much. Parries only!

Not a problem - you can use any melee weapon except for spears. I'm sure there will be other claymore users in the tourney.

White Knight Wulf
    White Knight Wulf
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by White Knight Wulf Tue Apr 30, 2013 10:03 pm

There's no hornet ring though
    User1
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Post by User1 Tue Apr 30, 2013 10:05 pm

Oh yes, you're right.
    Another thing to throw away..
    xRamenatorx
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by xRamenatorx Tue Apr 30, 2013 10:08 pm

RenegadeCop wrote:

Did I ever say I was relating to this? No.
    I was just making a point. Point being, if people get overly-competitive, they resort to extremely irritating things to win.
    Katanas are also quite easy to do very well with, they are favoured by many because of that quality.

Did i ever say i was talking to you lol? No. My comment was supposed to be a general statement because i actually wanted to know what a try hard was in most peoples opinion.

And in my opinion (just mine) for players who arent as good or new in pvp the claymore and balder side sword are much easier to do well withthan the katana
    White Knight Wulf
    White Knight Wulf
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by White Knight Wulf Tue Apr 30, 2013 10:21 pm

I feel ur pain man I noe 😢
    Juutas
    Juutas
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Juutas Wed May 01, 2013 7:10 am

Well anyone of you who have been in actual competetive tounament should know how it can be sometimes....salt begins to pour easily and people show up with the most tryhard setups.
    Remember what it was like back in the old days? (before the patch) literally 90% came with katanas, flip ring, family mask with maybe some pyro and flipped in super heavy gear big grin it was both stupid and boring to watch, that's why tournaments got a little negative reputation.

I'm just glad those days are behind us now and I hope to see some great fights and builds Battle for DkS II Tournament - Who's The Strongest (XBOX360) (COMPLETED) - Page 14 945058907
    xRamenatorx
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by xRamenatorx Wed May 01, 2013 10:52 am

My go on a rant hear haha but the way juutas (not calling you out xD) and many others seem to view a tryhard as someone who plays with the "best" setup that is designed to win?

Most builds that are called tryhard either have great weapons, sorceries, flip ring, or easy armor setups. A weapon shouldnt classify a build as tryhard.
    Flipping around in poise/defense efficient armor (after dwgr patch) shouldnt be tryhard either. I mean to flip/open up that ring slot you usually sacrifice points in vitality to reach your endurance level. Also the only difference i see between the tryhard flippers and the "great" players who fast roll is the havels ring (which allows you to save points for other stats) :p.
    Sorceries, mainly pryomancies, shouldnt be considered OP. Ill admit combustion and black flame are fast but in my opinion are easily dodged if your not impatient and readable; and to have lots ofdifferent types of sorceries you need attunment.
    Alright so by easy armor i mean hollow waistcloth, chain armore, family mssks, crown of dusk, etc. In my opinion combining armor like holliw waist, giant gauntlets, and chain armor is genius if you arent going for looks. Family mask really arent that good (wont get into that). And crown of dusk makes the user take 10percent more dmg than he dishes out lol. Yes some builds dont deal magic dmh so its an extra 20percent damage but thays the builds fault (every build has its "weakness")

I was kinda all over the place but basically on peoples main fighting pvp builds the only difference i see between tryhards and nontryharfs is using havels ring over flip or dragonescent and not using sorceries (which opens you up to options such as going vit gouge, end gouge, or, like many top tier players do, create a quality build lol)

Maybe ill make a thread to see peoples opinions on tryhards xD
    divinebeanpole
    divinebeanpole
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by divinebeanpole Wed May 01, 2013 11:38 am

^30 percent more magic damage taken for dusk crown Ram, further proving your point

Who else is gonna represent with the cadeus shield? OMEGAAA
    xRamenatorx
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by xRamenatorx Wed May 01, 2013 11:42 am

bameegatrops wrote:^30 percent more magic damage taken for dusk crown Ram, further proving your point

Yea i know haha i said uhhhh that the user of the crown takes 10percent more dmg than he dishes out so iwas implying 30percent xD. I should be on later today if you want to do somethin on Dark souls

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 12:25 am