Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+27
tinypantha
Nccbd
hey its andres
goober0331
domesplitter13
dancash1808
DxV04
White Knight Wulf
xRamenatorx
Tolvo
Bowdownbe4me
Latitoast
Brokewilly
Lord of Ash
divinebeanpole
dethcurl
XuitusTheGreat
DaemonNacht
SATLOS
User1
AdamantzZ3R0
The Letter X
Juutas
Mrfragglez
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
Phoenix Rising
MrDynogames
31 posters

Battle for DkS II Tournament - Who's The Strongest (XBOX360) (COMPLETED)

DxV04
    DxV04
    Revived
    Revived

Battle for DkS II Tournament - Who's The Strongest (XBOX360) (COMPLETED) - Page 13 Empty Re: Battle for DkS II Tournament - Who's The Strongest (XBOX360) (COMPLETED)

Post by DxV04 Sun Apr 28, 2013 4:34 pm

I don't even know what a poise BS is.
    Bowdownbe4me
    Bowdownbe4me
    Casual
    Casual

Battle for DkS II Tournament - Who's The Strongest (XBOX360) (COMPLETED) - Page 13 Empty Re: Battle for DkS II Tournament - Who's The Strongest (XBOX360) (COMPLETED)

Post by Bowdownbe4me Sun Apr 28, 2013 5:00 pm

DxV04 wrote:I don't even know what a poise BS is.
    A poise BS is where someone stacks enough poise to take a hit from their opponent's weapon without getting stunned, and then purposefully tanks a hit from their opponent while strafing around them and taking the backstab.

Example: My opponent has a greatsword and is 2handing it. I put on enough equipment to get 53 poise (enough to tank a 2handed greatsword hit) and then bs fish them, completely ignoring whether they swing or not. If they swing, I take damage from the swing, but I won't be stunned and I will easily make it to their back for a backstab.

Anyone who would use this tactic would almost certainly be using a weapon that would deal more damage to their opponent than the damage they would receive from tanking a swing. (It wouldn't be wise to attempt a poise bs when you are using a shotel and they are using a CMW buffed Zweihander, simply because they'd still come out on top even if you bs'd them).
    DxV04
    DxV04
    Revived
    Revived

Post by DxV04 Sun Apr 28, 2013 5:05 pm

Bowdownbe4me wrote:
    DxV04 wrote:I don't even know what a poise BS is.
    A poise BS is where someone stacks enough poise to take a hit from their opponent's weapon without getting stunned, and then purposefully tanks a hit from their opponent while strafing around them and taking the backstab.

Example: My opponent has a greatsword and is 2handing it. I put on enough equipment to get 53 poise (enough to tank a 2handed greatsword hit) and then bs fish them, completely ignoring whether they swing or not. If they swing, I take damage from the swing, but I won't be stunned and I will easily make it to their back for a backstab.

Anyone who would use this tactic would almost certainly be using a weapon that would deal more damage to their opponent than the damage they would receive from tanking a swing. (It wouldn't be wise to attempt a poise bs when you are using a shotel and they are using a CMW buffed Zweihander, simply because they'd still come out on top even if you bs'd them).

COOL! Yea that is definitely IMO BS fishing. Thanks.
    Juutas
    Juutas
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Juutas Sun Apr 28, 2013 5:59 pm

I don't think anyone is going to be low enough in this tournament to poise backstab.

Back to the subject of roll bsing: my point wasn't that roll bs couldn't be prevented, but it is waaaaay easier to do against strenght weapons than against dex weapons, hell, even halberds are ridicilously easy to roll bs if we really want to go for that.
    I think all you guys know other methods to counter Zweihander R1 than roll bs, right?
    Just to clarify: I'm not going to use strenght weapons, but in case someone is brave enough to bring those in this tournament, I don't want to see them roll bsed left and right because of it.
    DxV04
    DxV04
    Revived
    Revived

Post by DxV04 Sun Apr 28, 2013 6:05 pm

Hi Strength weapon user here bounce
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Sun Apr 28, 2013 6:07 pm

I will say while Roll BS can be abused, the lack of it can cause issues when fighting people using weapons like the Great Scythe, which is a fairly fast and deadly weapon with great range. The best counter to its running attack in my book is a roll BS, otherwise just rolling through it since parrying it can be difficult if they aren't locked on which most do it un-locked.
    White Knight Wulf
    White Knight Wulf
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by White Knight Wulf Sun Apr 28, 2013 10:49 pm

Honestly guys the only person with enough poise to poise bs is most likely me cuz most of you gent fast roll or use weight for heavier weapons. I'm probably the only person with more than 50 poise without the wolfie ring
    xRamenatorx
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by xRamenatorx Mon Apr 29, 2013 12:11 am

Poise bs definitely want be an issue not even worried haha. And wolf i have 37poise though with wolfs its 77.

I will not roll bs BUT if you develop a pattern or spam an attack i will roll bs you and no sihts will be given lol!
    White Knight Wulf
    White Knight Wulf
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by White Knight Wulf Mon Apr 29, 2013 12:43 am

Lol thought so
    DxV04
    DxV04
    Revived
    Revived

Post by DxV04 Mon Apr 29, 2013 12:45 am

I am thinking of mixing up or changing some of my weapons due to the comments here. big grin
    xRamenatorx
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by xRamenatorx Mon Apr 29, 2013 1:09 am

^ What were your original weapons?
    DxV04
    DxV04
    Revived
    Revived

Post by DxV04 Mon Apr 29, 2013 1:36 am

With this character BKGS. I might keep it but I am considering alternatives just in case ^_^.
    We can switch weapons between matches I hope.
    divinebeanpole
    divinebeanpole
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by divinebeanpole Mon Apr 29, 2013 2:32 am

Wolfof Phyrexia wrote:Lol thought so

I roll with 76 at all times without wolf ring

Havel arms, Catarina legs, giant or smough armor
    White Knight Wulf
    White Knight Wulf
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by White Knight Wulf Mon Apr 29, 2013 2:50 am

Bean u disappoint me sir giants armor is so easy
    Juutas
    Juutas
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Juutas Mon Apr 29, 2013 6:18 am

But in the end fast rolling with that much armor on you have to sacrifice something in your build for very high END and it also slows down your stamina regeneration significantly (this can be corrected with using green blossoms though).
    xRamenatorx
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by xRamenatorx Mon Apr 29, 2013 9:11 am

@juutas they medium roll
    Speaking of medium rolls that shield in dks2 that was on the dudes back that prevented backstabs will revolutionize pvp for slow weps and medium rolls

@Dx just use whatever your comfortable with
    Juutas
    Juutas
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Juutas Mon Apr 29, 2013 10:04 am

xRamenatorx wrote:@juutas they medium roll
    Speaking of medium rolls that shield in dks2 that was on the dudes back that prevented backstabs will revolutionize pvp for slow weps and medium rolls

@Dx just use whatever your comfortable with

What shield are you talking about? the turtle enemy? I don't think players will have that same ability unfortunately.
    xRamenatorx
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by xRamenatorx Mon Apr 29, 2013 10:25 am

I believe they may. Like a drop or something though the shield would probably be really heavy. I mean why would they go out of their to show that you cant backstab an enemy especially considering how huge it was so you probaboy couldnt bs it anyways unless you climbed on top of it. Just my opinion
    Brokewilly
    Brokewilly
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Brokewilly Mon Apr 29, 2013 11:01 am

DxV04 wrote:With this character BKGS. I might keep it but I am considering alternatives just in case ^_^.

Dx - you are free to change up anything on ur build. The only limitation is the RTSR - if it is part of ur build thats no problem but no swapping to RTSR during the duel.
    DxV04
    DxV04
    Revived
    Revived

Post by DxV04 Mon Apr 29, 2013 11:29 am

Brokewilly wrote:
    DxV04 wrote:With this character BKGS. I might keep it but I am considering alternatives just in case ^_^.

Dx - you are free to change up anything on ur build. The only limitation is the RTSR - if it is part of ur build thats no problem but no swapping to RTSR during the duel.

In between duels you can switch anything, even remove or add RTSR but not while dueling. Got cha!
    divinebeanpole
    divinebeanpole
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by divinebeanpole Mon Apr 29, 2013 11:49 am

Wolfof Phyrexia wrote:Bean u disappoint me sir giants armor is so easy

It is, I agree, which is why I often wear crystalline leggings or other lesser armors with it for style. And shut up! Lol
    dancash1808
    dancash1808
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by dancash1808 Mon Apr 29, 2013 5:24 pm

Hmm. only just logged onto xbox today and saw a mention about this xD
    MrDynogames
    MrDynogames
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by MrDynogames Mon Apr 29, 2013 10:15 pm

Sorry guys if I haven't been as active here as you'd like just I've had alot to deal with. Still planning to fight but I've been preoccupied.
    Brokewilly
    Brokewilly
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Brokewilly Mon Apr 29, 2013 10:53 pm

dancash1808 wrote:Hmm. only just logged onto xbox today and saw a mention about this xD

Dancash - what's up bro? Yeah I sent u PM on the BOX a while back about this. Let me know if ur interested. I will send u PM on the BOX to confirm.

Brokewilly
    Brokewilly
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Brokewilly Tue Apr 30, 2013 11:24 am

Ok folks - I have added 2 additional slots to each team totaling 10 combatants on each team. I will make all efforts to confirm the final 4 combatants this week. Stay tuned....

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 2:50 am