Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+27
tinypantha
Nccbd
hey its andres
goober0331
domesplitter13
dancash1808
DxV04
White Knight Wulf
xRamenatorx
Tolvo
Bowdownbe4me
Latitoast
Brokewilly
Lord of Ash
divinebeanpole
dethcurl
XuitusTheGreat
DaemonNacht
SATLOS
User1
AdamantzZ3R0
The Letter X
Juutas
Mrfragglez
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
Phoenix Rising
MrDynogames
31 posters

Battle for DkS II Tournament - Who's The Strongest (XBOX360) (COMPLETED)

The Letter X
    The Letter X
    Revived
    Revived

Battle for DkS II Tournament - Who's The Strongest (XBOX360) (COMPLETED) - Page 8 Empty Re: Battle for DkS II Tournament - Who's The Strongest (XBOX360) (COMPLETED)

Post by The Letter X Sun Apr 14, 2013 5:11 pm

Turtling is dangerous at times for me - I can only block with a weapon. I'll just take my chances since I haven't really fought anyone that used replenishment and still gave me trouble.
    xRamenatorx
    Addicted
    Addicted

Battle for DkS II Tournament - Who's The Strongest (XBOX360) (COMPLETED) - Page 8 Empty Re: Battle for DkS II Tournament - Who's The Strongest (XBOX360) (COMPLETED)

Post by xRamenatorx Sun Apr 14, 2013 5:21 pm

@X forgot about your no shield style

@Dyno that was me. If you want more than average poise and good defense go chain armor, knight gauntlets, and hollow soldier waistcloth combined with wolf ring. 62 poise and around 300ish defenses. Weigh 11lbs. It looks kind of dumb though and you really only need two of those three pieces plus wolf ring to reach the 53 poise checkpoint.

Edit:@Dyno use wolf ring and rofap ring for this. Or if you want 36 poise check point switch out knight gauntlets for havels gauntlets and use havels ring instead of wolfs
    Juutas
    Juutas
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Juutas Sun Apr 14, 2013 5:36 pm

I think we should ban green blossoms Battle for DkS II Tournament - Who's The Strongest (XBOX360) (COMPLETED) - Page 8 3596227959
    just kidding, lol, but I'm not going to be using them though.
    The Letter X
    The Letter X
    Revived
    Revived

Post by The Letter X Sun Apr 14, 2013 5:42 pm

Juutas wrote:I think we should ban green blossoms Battle for DkS II Tournament - Who's The Strongest (XBOX360) (COMPLETED) - Page 8 3596227959

I haven't used a green blossom since we were in the ffa arena with Rynn and cross, so it's been a while. No green blossom rule would definitely put us at an advantage. twisted
    Juutas
    Juutas
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Juutas Sun Apr 14, 2013 5:43 pm

The Letter X wrote:
    Juutas wrote:I think we should ban green blossoms Battle for DkS II Tournament - Who's The Strongest (XBOX360) (COMPLETED) - Page 8 3596227959

I haven't used a green blossom since we were in the ffa arena with Rynn and cross, so it's been a while. No green blossom rule would definitely put us at an advantage. twisted

Indeed! UNLIMITED POWER BOHAHAHAHA!!! Battle for DkS II Tournament - Who's The Strongest (XBOX360) (COMPLETED) - Page 8 3358384175
    White Knight Wulf
    White Knight Wulf
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by White Knight Wulf Sun Apr 14, 2013 6:16 pm

Brokewilly wrote:
    The Letter X wrote:Broke, will there be a rule that limits menu swapping or equipment changes mid-fight? Because some tournies I've seen put a limit of one extra weapon that you can menu swap to, and you aren't aloud to switch equipment between fights.

Nope - menu swapping during a fight is allowed.I consider that a skill which requires time to master plus you either have to organize ur items or limit the number of items in ur inventory to pull it off.If ur opponent gives u space and time (which I am very guilty of sad ) to do it then that is a lessoned learned for them. Its nothing worse than to have an opponent almost dead, give them some space to figure out ur final attack which gives them time to swap to RTSR and they end of killing you :shock: .

And that just reminded that I forgot one of the most important rules - No Hornet Ring. I can't believe I forgot to mention that one - top post has been edited.
    lol knew that was comming
    Brokewilly
    Brokewilly
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Brokewilly Sun Apr 14, 2013 8:57 pm

Well using green blossom will be up to the individual combatant - if u got 'em use 'em if u don't use them as part of ur play style then that's fine too.

We will wait a bit for more comments to come in on the use of replenishment.

xRamenatorx
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by xRamenatorx Sun Apr 14, 2013 9:47 pm

Which ones more annoying to fight:

1. A 58 poise, fast rolling, moms mask, 1924hp, with 367physical defense.

2. A 37poise, ninja flipping, crown of dusk wearing dude with 1749hp and 344physical defense

lol!
    The Letter X
    The Letter X
    Revived
    Revived

Post by The Letter X Sun Apr 14, 2013 9:50 pm

Depends on how often he flips and uses his pyro.
    xRamenatorx
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by xRamenatorx Sun Apr 14, 2013 9:54 pm

The Letter X wrote:Depends on how often he flips and uses his pyro.

Very often silly
    Brokewilly
    Brokewilly
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Brokewilly Sun Apr 14, 2013 10:47 pm

xRamenatorx wrote:
    The Letter X wrote:Depends on how often he flips and uses his pyro.

Very often silly

As long as u follow the no spam rule - then either could be annoying happy
    xRamenatorx
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by xRamenatorx Sun Apr 14, 2013 11:38 pm

No worries i dont spam. I may throw a few fireballs in succession but i only use my black flame as a counter or as a chain attack with my weapon. I prefer the 37poise option because you can swap out rings
    Juutas
    Juutas
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Juutas Mon Apr 15, 2013 12:55 am

xRamenatorx wrote:Which ones more annoying to fight:

1. A 58 poise, fast rolling, moms mask, 1924hp, with 367physical defense.

2. A 37poise, ninja flipping, crown of dusk wearing dude with 1749hp and 344physical defense

lol!

Anything that flips is usually better because dem i-frames.
    White Knight Wulf
    White Knight Wulf
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by White Knight Wulf Mon Apr 15, 2013 11:30 am

Wat would u gents rather c a g. Scythe of the power of life hunt
    xRamenatorx
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by xRamenatorx Mon Apr 15, 2013 5:22 pm

I see the grwat scythe alot
    MrDynogames
    MrDynogames
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by MrDynogames Tue Apr 16, 2013 9:36 am

The great scythe is a weird weapon. It's backstabs and repostes just make no sense and I'd think it should be almost required to 2-hand. I'm hoping Dark souls 2 either takes out these weapons or idk make them slightly more realistic. Otherwise for pvp they're fine additions.
    DaemonNacht
    DaemonNacht
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by DaemonNacht Tue Apr 16, 2013 11:52 am

Question about the below rule.

- No healing (use of Replenishment at the start of the duel is ok)

I'm a Faith build and Princess Guard, So I use Bountiful Sunlight which is just a higher level Replenishment. It heals the same amount, I just prefer to use it.
    Brokewilly
    Brokewilly
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Brokewilly Tue Apr 16, 2013 12:51 pm

DaemonNacht wrote:Question about the below rule.

I'm a Faith build and Princess Guard, So I use Bountiful Sunlight which is just a higher level Replenishment. It heals the same amount, I just prefer to use it.

@DaemonNacht - the jury is still out on using healing miracles.We will decide something soon on their use during the tourney.

Are you interested in participating? If so let me know and we will schedule some time in the moonpit so I can get a feel for ur play style.

Things are moving right along people - as usual watch to the top post in the thread for the latest updates.
    xRamenatorx
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by xRamenatorx Tue Apr 16, 2013 12:59 pm

@broke if you still need some players i know a few that are about as good as X

Edit: only if you were short on people who wanted to join
    DaemonNacht
    DaemonNacht
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by DaemonNacht Tue Apr 16, 2013 1:52 pm

Brokewilly wrote:
    DaemonNacht wrote:Question about the below rule.

@DaemonNacht - the jury is still out on using healing miracles.We will decide something soon on their use during the tourney.

Are you interested in participating? If so let me know and we will schedule some time in the moonpit so I can get a feel for ur play style.

Things are moving right along people - as usual watch to the top post in the thread for the latest updates.

Well if they don't punish us in time for trying a longer animation, it's a bit of a mistake on their part. :p

I'm considering participating in it, I'm just unsure how my PvP skills are in something like this.
    User1
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Post by User1 Tue Apr 16, 2013 1:59 pm

I could participate whenever I find the time.
    XuitusTheGreat
    XuitusTheGreat
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by XuitusTheGreat Tue Apr 16, 2013 6:13 pm

looks interesting Ill PM you oh and Aim :| you're lucky spears are forbidden you'll win it now :| Kappa Battle for DkS II Tournament - Who's The Strongest (XBOX360) (COMPLETED) - Page 8 3358384175
    DaemonNacht
    DaemonNacht
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by DaemonNacht Tue Apr 16, 2013 6:35 pm

Spears being forbidden, what about sunlight spear miracle? :p If they fail to dodge that, well yeah. :p
    Brokewilly
    Brokewilly
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Brokewilly Wed Apr 17, 2013 8:14 am

DaemonNacht wrote:Spears being forbidden, what about sunlight spear miracle? :p If they fail to dodge that, well yeah. :p

All offense Miracles are allowed except for WoG and Twop (see the top post in this thread) - the three types of miracle spears are allowed and can be used as u see fit cheers .
    dethcurl
    dethcurl

Post by dethcurl Wed Apr 17, 2013 11:28 am

so um...id like to join. ive never done much pvp but it seems ive got some time to practice/make some sort of pvp build. if theres still room id be willing to at least participate

and if anyone wants to practice duel im up for it. im really inexperienced at it tho...

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 4:36 am