Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+27
tinypantha
Nccbd
hey its andres
goober0331
domesplitter13
dancash1808
DxV04
White Knight Wulf
xRamenatorx
Tolvo
Bowdownbe4me
Latitoast
Brokewilly
Lord of Ash
divinebeanpole
dethcurl
XuitusTheGreat
DaemonNacht
SATLOS
User1
AdamantzZ3R0
The Letter X
Juutas
Mrfragglez
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
Phoenix Rising
MrDynogames
31 posters

Battle for DkS II Tournament - Who's The Strongest (XBOX360) (COMPLETED)

Brokewilly
    Brokewilly
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Battle for DkS II Tournament - Who's The Strongest (XBOX360) (COMPLETED) Empty Battle for DkS II Tournament - Who's The Strongest (XBOX360) (COMPLETED)

Post by Brokewilly Mon Apr 08, 2013 1:59 pm

Battle for DkS II – Who’s The Strongest

Event Date & Time: Sun, June 9th @ 6:00 PM EST US / 5:00PM CST US / 3:00PM PST US (11:00 PM GMT)

Platform: XBOX360

Location: 'Lower Township Area/Chained Prisoner Hall' (Rounds 1 & 2) and 'Ciarans Arena/Abysswalker Area' (Rounds 3, 4 & 5)

Communication: Skype Voice/Chat (I will create a contact group to facilitate group voice/chat conferencing) - AND - Chatango @ URL -  http://BfDKS2.chatango.com

Participant Soul Level: SL120 to SL140

Winner's Prize: Copy of Dark Souls 2 (Special Edition) on the platform of winner's choice upon release

Team Prize: Members of the team with the most wins will receive: TBD

Tournament Info

- 2 Teams: Alpha & Omega - comprised of 8 or 10 combatants on each team. 2 alternate combatants per team will be selected in the event a primary combatant cannot attend.

- I will fight the winner of the tourney but no matter what happens – win, lose or draw the winner will receive the prize. I just want to be able to say, when it’s all said and done, that I got to fight the strongest on that day.

Tournament Rules

- Single elimination (Duels are best 2 out of 3)

- No healing (see healing miracle rule below for the one exception to this rule)

- No Hornet Ring

- No Spears

- No WoG / TWoP (including Stone Sword special attack) / Pursuers

- No stacking (more than 1)of sorcery/miracle/pryo equipment buffs (Dusk Crown, Crown of the Dark Sun, Bellowing Dragoncrest Ring, Ring of the Sun's Firstborn and Ring of the Sun Princess)

- Healing miracles (Replenishment & Bountiful Sunlight) can be used one (1) time at the beginning of one (1) of the potential three (3) duels each set of combatants may have

- No white, dark magic or pyro SPAMMING (i.e. dark bead & dark orb. great combust, dark flame, combust)(I define spamming as more than one cast in quick succession)

- No swapping to Red Tear Stone Ring (RTSR) during the fight but the ring can be used as part of your build (e.g. you start the duel with the RTSR equipped and IT STAYS ON)

- No power buffs (SLB, DMB, CMW, GMW, MW) (Resins are allowed)

- No wake-up attacks after a riposte, BS, or other types of knock downs (ATTEMPTING A PARRY OR KICK IS ALLOWED)

- No chain or intentional roll BSs

- No BS fishing (Note: Punish BSs are allowed – for example if your opponent does a 1H L. Club attack and misses leaving their back completely open a punish BS is justified. SIMPLY PUT IF YOUR OPPONENT DOES AN ATTACK THAT CLEARLY LEAVES THEIR BACK EXPOSED THEN A PUNISH BS IS WARRANTED)

- No modded builds/ armor / weapons/ spell-swaps & glitches

- If a random invades we will try to determine their intent – if they interfere with the tourney they can go either the easy way (i.e. BC out or fight one of the combatants – a loss will not count against the combatant) or the hard way (i.e. attacked with extreme prejudice). Please try to keep the host (ME!!) alive Battle for DkS II Tournament - Who's The Strongest (XBOX360) (COMPLETED) 3679643796

Participant Instructions

1. Please PM me on the forum or the BOX the type of build you are planning on using (i.e. DEX/STR Qual, STR/FAI, etc). This will help me keep the teams as balanced as possible.

2. Please PM me on the forum or the BOX your 'Skype name' (if you have one) so I can add you to the contact group for the tourney. We will also be using 'chatango' as another communication channel (see URL at the top).Use which ever one you want - I will be on both.

Team Information – Once I have all participant information I will fill the open slots with combatants with the objective of balance – what is meant by balance is not having too many of any one type of build (i.e. STR) on one team. I am trying to have a good mix of builds on each team. PLEASE NOTE TEAM ROSTER IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE IN THE EVENT A PRIMARY COMBATANT CANNOT PARTICIPATE.

Duels between combatants will be completely random – I will be using bracket generator which will randomly determine who will be fighting who during the 1st and 2nd rounds. After the 2nd round your wins will determine who you will be facing off against. Please remember you may eventually square off against a team mate - so the mindset to have is "I love u bro but I gotta kill uBattle for DkS II Tournament - Who's The Strongest (XBOX360) (COMPLETED) 1866257299!!"

TEAM RSS DROP INSTRUCTIONS

Lower Township / Chain Prisoner Area

Team Alpha: From the Lower Township bonfire - Go up the elevator and stairs from the Lower Township
    bonfire. After you enter the room turn left (the chained prisoner will
    be at the top of stairs) - drop RSS in the corner straight ahead

Team Omega: From the Lower Township bonfire - Go up the elevator and stairs from the Lower Township
    bonfire. After you enter the room turn right (the chained prisoner will
    be at the top of the stairs) - drop RSS in the corner straight ahead.

Ciaran's Arena/Abysswalker Area (Royal Woods Entrance)

Team Alpha: As you exit the Ciaran's Arena entrance entering the Royals
    Woods - Turn left and follow brick wall until it ends forming a corner with
    the rock wall. Drop RSS in the corner formed by the brick wall and the rock wall.

Team Omega: As you exit the Ciaran's Arena entrance entering the Royal
    Woods - Turn right and follow wall to where it ends at the cliff drop-off to the
    rabid dogs/Kalameet boss fight. Drop RSS between the wall and the tree.

Dueling Bracket

Here is the link to the dueling bracket:

BfDkSII - Who's the Strongest

In regards to the dueling order - it will be from top to bottom & left to right. Therefore 1st at bat are 'DynoUnleashed (a.k.a MrDynogames)' vs 'xRamenatorx' - so on and so forth. I make all efforts to keep things moving since I know how it is waiting around in to fight in a tournament.

Team Alpha

A1 - WolfofPhyrexia (XLN Tag: WolfofPhyrexia)

A2 - zZzDizzyyzZz (XLN Tag: zZzDizzyyzZz)

A3 - Juutas (XLN Tag: Juutas1988)

A4 - MrDynogames (XLN Tag: Dynounleashed)

A5 - Phoenix Rising (XLN Tag: I Aim v Here I)

A6 - XuitusTheGreat (XLN Tag: XuitusTheGreat)

A7 - Mrfragglez (XLN Tag: Darkchaos669)

A8 - DarknessxBMWM5 (XLN Tag: DarknessxBMWM5)

A9 - SadPanda (XLN Tag: xAngry Badgerx9)

A10 - DaemonNacht (XLN Tag: xDaemonNachtx)

Alt#A1 – CANWUSHUNINJA (XLN Tag: CANWUSHUNINJA)

Alt#A2 – Billionthswine187 (XLN Tag: BillionthSwine)

Team Omega

O1 – The Letter X (XLN Tag: The Letter X)

O2 - Herbal12909 (XLN Tag: Herbal12909)

O3 - DFRESHFRESHFAM (XLN Tag: DFRESHFRESHFAM)

O4 - DJska3 (XLN Tag: DJska3)

O5 - xRamenatorx (XLN Tag: xRamenatorx)

O6 - DxV04 (XLN Tag: DARKNESSxVEGA)

O7 - Divinebeanpole (XLN Tag: Divinebeanpole)

O8 - Lord of Ash (XLN Tag: Lord of Ash)

O9 - Renny™ (XLN Tag: Knife4Life32)

O10 - Godofwar170210 (XLN Tag: godofwar170210)

Alt#O1 –

Alt#O2 –

This post will be revised as details are firmed up. Stayed tuned...

Last edited by Brokewilly on Mon Jun 17, 2013 8:51 am; edited 85 times in total
    MrDynogames
    MrDynogames
    Addicted
    Addicted

Battle for DkS II Tournament - Who's The Strongest (XBOX360) (COMPLETED) Empty Re: Battle for DkS II Tournament - Who's The Strongest (XBOX360) (COMPLETED)

Post by MrDynogames Mon Apr 08, 2013 6:16 pm

I'd love to participate in this battle and fight some decent opponents.
    White Knight Wulf
    White Knight Wulf
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Battle for DkS II Tournament - Who's The Strongest (XBOX360) (COMPLETED) Empty Re: Battle for DkS II Tournament - Who's The Strongest (XBOX360) (COMPLETED)

Post by White Knight Wulf Mon Apr 08, 2013 6:29 pm

Sweet been waitin for this
    Phoenix Rising
    Phoenix Rising
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Phoenix Rising Mon Apr 08, 2013 6:32 pm

120 to 140?? :shock:
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Mon Apr 08, 2013 6:35 pm

Phoenix Rising wrote:120 to 140?? :shock:

Is that why the down vote?
    Phoenix Rising
    Phoenix Rising
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Phoenix Rising Mon Apr 08, 2013 6:40 pm

WhatDoesThePendantDo? wrote:
    Phoenix Rising wrote:120 to 140?? :shock:

Is that why the down vote?

I'm too positive a person. I don't downvote.....ever. Battle for DkS II Tournament - Who's The Strongest (XBOX360) (COMPLETED) 3207319737
    Brokewilly
    Brokewilly
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Brokewilly Mon Apr 08, 2013 7:49 pm

HAHA - yeah somebody didn't like my post - there is always one in the crowd 8) . Well the SL range should not be a show stopper since everyone who has played this game for any length of time should have been able to defeat opponents much greater than 20 levels away (if you're 120 and your opponent is 140 for example). Plus the tourney rules should only allow those who are good with their weapons to be the victor. A 20 soul level spread should not be big deal but I will consider any valid arguments though.

Will be cleaning up the top post shortly.
    Brokewilly
    Brokewilly
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Brokewilly Mon Apr 08, 2013 7:55 pm

MrDynogames wrote:I'd love to participate in this battle and fight some decent opponents.

@MrDyno - I have a few people ahead of you but I will put you on the list. Also we are gonna have to get together in the moonpit so I can see how u operate. I'm only inviting known quantities to participate - I will send you a friend request on the BOX ASAP. This is the blanket warning I give to potential moonpit bros - if Wolf is online when we get together you will have to fight him too. If u can keep from going full hollow after a few rounds with him then you are alright with me big grin
    Phoenix Rising
    Phoenix Rising
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Phoenix Rising Mon Apr 08, 2013 8:16 pm

Brokewilly wrote:HAHA - yeah somebody didn't like my post - there is always one in the crowd 8) . Well the SL range should not be a show stopper since everyone who has played this game for any length of time should have been able to defeat opponents much greater than 20 levels away (if you're 120 and your opponent is 140 for example). Plus the tourney rules should only allow those who are good with their weapons to be the victor. A 20 soul level spread should not be big deal but I will consider any valid arguments though.

Will be cleaning up the top post shortly.

Just thought it was an odd range is all. Most tourneys I've seen run 100-125. I'll throw my hat in....why not?
    Mrfragglez

Post by Mrfragglez Mon Apr 08, 2013 8:23 pm

Wait u gotta beat wolf.... well ill just kick back then been there done that got the souls
    White Knight Wulf
    White Knight Wulf
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by White Knight Wulf Mon Apr 08, 2013 8:38 pm

Lol yea people go full hollow against me its amusing
    White Knight Wulf
    White Knight Wulf
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by White Knight Wulf Mon Apr 08, 2013 8:39 pm

No dark u went full hollow b4 u beat me
    Phoenix Rising
    Phoenix Rising
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Phoenix Rising Mon Apr 08, 2013 8:53 pm

Well either way I'm always down for good duels...tourney or not.
    Mrfragglez

Post by Mrfragglez Mon Apr 08, 2013 9:08 pm

I never go full hollow our duels were bout even in terms of win/loss but X on the other hand.... just dont let him in plz I beg of u
    Phoenix Rising
    Phoenix Rising
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Phoenix Rising Mon Apr 08, 2013 9:09 pm

INB4 X replies!!! tongue
    Mrfragglez

Post by Mrfragglez Mon Apr 08, 2013 9:10 pm

Oh phoenix I didnt know u were aim on xbl I was playing with u Saturday night .
    Phoenix Rising
    Phoenix Rising
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Phoenix Rising Mon Apr 08, 2013 9:11 pm

Yep that was me! Battle for DkS II Tournament - Who's The Strongest (XBOX360) (COMPLETED) 3149687655Pleased to make your acquaintance!
    White Knight Wulf
    White Knight Wulf
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by White Knight Wulf Mon Apr 08, 2013 11:09 pm

Dark u so went hollow man u slaped on fulll giants and pulled out bkga
    Juutas
    Juutas
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Juutas Tue Apr 09, 2013 12:25 am

My body is ready! Battle for DkS II Tournament - Who's The Strongest (XBOX360) (COMPLETED) 1447589260

I'm not really a fan of tounaments because those bring out the worst in people, but I'm always ready for some tango~
    xRamenatorx
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by xRamenatorx Tue Apr 09, 2013 12:25 am

@Brokewilly
    Id like to join this tournament. My gamertag is xRamenatorx if youd like to test my skills just add me haha (a few people keep metioning X....i can beat him >.> if that ups my chances any silly )
    MrDynogames
    MrDynogames
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by MrDynogames Tue Apr 09, 2013 1:21 am

Brokewilly wrote:
    MrDynogames wrote:I'd love to participate in this battle and fight some decent opponents.

@MrDyno - I have a few people ahead of you but I will put you on the list. Also we are gonna have to get together in the moonpit so I can see how u operate. I'm only inviting known quantities to participate - I will send you a friend request on the BOX ASAP. This is the blanket warning I give to potential moonpit bros - if Wolf is online when we get together you will have to fight him too. If u can keep from going full hollow after a few rounds with him then you are alright with me big grin

Is this a challenge I hear? I will show you how I can turn this wolf into a puppy. twisted
    White Knight Wulf
    White Knight Wulf
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by White Knight Wulf Tue Apr 09, 2013 1:51 am

Its not wise to insult a wolf good sir his claws n fangs r sharper than any blade as is his instincts
    MrDynogames
    MrDynogames
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by MrDynogames Tue Apr 09, 2013 1:57 am

We shall see. I look forward to a most honorable of fights.
    White Knight Wulf
    White Knight Wulf
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by White Knight Wulf Tue Apr 09, 2013 3:38 am

As do I my friend
    The Letter X
    The Letter X
    Revived
    Revived

Post by The Letter X Tue Apr 09, 2013 8:15 am

xRamenatorx wrote:@Brokewilly
    Id like to join this tournament. My gamertag is xRamenatorx if youd like to test my skills just add me haha (a few people keep metioning X....i can beat him >.> if that ups my chances any silly )

Everyone who has posted in this thread can beat me. Shrug

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Mar 19, 2024 2:52 am