Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+10
DxV04
Brokewilly
SirArchmage
Encore
SadPanda
Latitoast
Lord of Ash
Soris Ice Goldwing
Kiva the wanderer
divinebeanpole
14 posters

The Ongoing Tournament - Who's the Steezyest? DARK SOULS NPC Cosplay Tourney (XBOX360)

divinebeanpole
    divinebeanpole
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

The Ongoing Tournament - Who's the Steezyest? DARK SOULS NPC Cosplay Tourney (XBOX360)  Empty The Ongoing Tournament - Who's the Steezyest? DARK SOULS NPC Cosplay Tourney (XBOX360)

Post by divinebeanpole Tue Jun 11, 2013 1:16 pm

Monthly or Bi-Weekly Event

Next event Date and Time:    TBD
    Platform : XBOX 360
    Soul Level: 120 - 130, though special tourneys may call for different SLs
    Communication: A yet to be created chatango. Sign up if you haven't already, its easy-peezy

Ongoing Tournament Rules
     - We create them ourselves right here folks! We have lots of freedom to be creative here  Point Forward
     - Keep the salt to a minimum, but trash talk makes for great frivals  Well What is it

Ongoing Tournament's Prize
     - A portrait of your steezy toon, done by yours truly  Wave
     - More than likely there will be in-game prizes as well, such as a titanite Package!  Joy

Upcoming Tournament Weekend of June 21st-23rd
     - DARK SOULS COSPLAY! WOOT!
     - Wear the equipment of your NPC, Armor and Weapons, and magics (e.g. a Solaire would be lame without lightning spears)
     - Bows/Crossbows accepted if you have a free slot for it
     - Lets not make this a pyro-fest unless your NPC uses it
     - more specific rules being fleshed out by us

Upcoming Tournament Combatants
    PM or clearly state in a post below which Dark Souls NPC you will attend as please

- SadPanda (Velka's Pardoner)
    - Kiva the Wanderer (Knight Artorias)
    - Soris Ice Goldwing (Silver Knight Archer/Swordsman)
    - Latitoast ( Black Knight??)
    - Dxv04 (Dusk of Oolacile)
    - Sir Archmage (Lautrec of Carim or Maneater Mildred or Witch Beatrice)
    - Mellekilla19. ("Oscar", the Elite Knight)
    - Wolfof Phyrexia ( Lord Blade Cirian or Kirk Knight of Thorns)
    - DelightfulShow
    - Brokewilly
    - Lord of Ash
    - _____
    - _____
    - _____
    - _____
    - _____
    - room for more, we will simply increase the bracket size Hurrah

Team Brackets

1)
    2)
    3)
    4)

5)
    6)
    7)
    8)

Portraits of Steez by DivineBeanpole
    The Ongoing Tournament - Who's the Steezyest? DARK SOULS NPC Cosplay Tourney (XBOX360)  Image42
    Lord of Ash The Invader Trader

The Ongoing Tournament - Who's the Steezyest? DARK SOULS NPC Cosplay Tourney (XBOX360)  Image46
    SadPanda - "The Strongest"

Come and get a custom portrait of your own personal steez! Winners can choose the in-game location for their "photoshoot"

Last edited by divinebeanpole on Sat Jun 29, 2013 10:48 am; edited 29 times in total
    divinebeanpole
    divinebeanpole
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

The Ongoing Tournament - Who's the Steezyest? DARK SOULS NPC Cosplay Tourney (XBOX360)  Empty Re: The Ongoing Tournament - Who's the Steezyest? DARK SOULS NPC Cosplay Tourney (XBOX360)

Post by divinebeanpole Tue Jun 11, 2013 1:20 pm

Inspired obviously by the last Who's The Stongest Tournament, as hosted and created(?) by Brokewilly. It was extremely fun preparing for and participating in the event. Got to meet so many great new players, and while I didnt end up getting to participate the night of the tourney itself(sadly), I still felt like I was a part of what led up to it. Made a great many new DkS friends, rivals, and frivals, almost all of whom are fantastic players that I often could learned new things from. Coming out of it made me feel more connected to the community, and I think it helped everyone step up their game a bit. Much thanks to Brokewilly again, and congrats to sadpanda
    divinebeanpole
    divinebeanpole
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

The Ongoing Tournament - Who's the Steezyest? DARK SOULS NPC Cosplay Tourney (XBOX360)  Empty Re: The Ongoing Tournament - Who's the Steezyest? DARK SOULS NPC Cosplay Tourney (XBOX360)

Post by divinebeanpole Tue Jun 11, 2013 1:39 pm

My suggestions for the first event: maybe a cosplay-only tourney, or Fast/NInja team vs Fat/Mid roll team, Intelligence team vs Faith team, etc...

Lets hear it folks, what kind of tournament would you like?
    Kiva the wanderer
    Kiva the wanderer
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Kiva the wanderer Tue Jun 11, 2013 2:21 pm

Im up for cosplay tourney ive got an artorias at SL115
    Kiva the wanderer
    Kiva the wanderer
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Kiva the wanderer Tue Jun 11, 2013 2:22 pm

But maybe a 4 knights Arty, Orns, Ciarian, Gough and Gwyn as the 5th Vs Evil NPCs cosplay event.
    Kiva the wanderer
    Kiva the wanderer
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Kiva the wanderer Tue Jun 11, 2013 2:24 pm

Fast rolls Vs Mid rolls sound interesting.
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by Soris Ice Goldwing Tue Jun 11, 2013 2:27 pm

I got a cosplay toon coming to that range. Perhaps that is a good idea?
    divinebeanpole
    divinebeanpole
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by divinebeanpole Tue Jun 11, 2013 2:30 pm

Kiva the wanderer wrote:But maybe a 4 knights Arty, Orns, Ciarian, Gough and Gwyn as the 5th Vs Evil NPCs cosplay event.

I like this very much actually, it would be a really easy theme for the first tourney

what would Gough use for melee tho?

Lord of Ash
    Lord of Ash
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Lord of Ash Tue Jun 11, 2013 3:56 pm

Im in
    Latitoast
    Latitoast
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Latitoast Tue Jun 11, 2013 3:57 pm

I'm good for a cosplay tournament.

Maybe we could cosplay, but as a rule you cannot cosplay as anything from Dark Souls, everyone has to pick an outside source and try to cosplay it.
    Lord of Ash
    Lord of Ash
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Lord of Ash Tue Jun 11, 2013 4:00 pm

Hell yea I can cosplay as the witcher or Guts from berserk
    divinebeanpole
    divinebeanpole
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by divinebeanpole Tue Jun 11, 2013 4:10 pm

Latitoast wrote:I'm good for a cosplay tournament.

Maybe we could cosplay, but as a rule you cannot cosplay as anything from Dark Souls, everyone has to pick an outside source and try to cosplay it.

I am all for this as well, and Im sure there are a metric butt-ton of folks wanting to cosplay as some anime or another haha

Ash, you totally should, Berserk is amaaaazingg I cant wait for the 3rd movie's english subs. I would love to make an Adon Coborlwitz, leader of the Blue Whale Knights. Silver zknight Spear and a Crossbow?
    Kiva the wanderer
    Kiva the wanderer
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Kiva the wanderer Tue Jun 11, 2013 4:20 pm

divinebeanpole wrote:
    Kiva the wanderer wrote:But maybe a 4 knights Arty, Orns, Ciarian, Gough and Gwyn as the 5th Vs Evil NPCs cosplay event.

I like this very much actually, it would be a really easy theme for the first tourney

what would Gough use for melee tho?

Maybe Ceastus or a Dragonbone fist?
    SadPanda
    SadPanda
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by SadPanda Tue Jun 11, 2013 4:27 pm

I'm most definitely in. Maybe it could be an ongoing thing where the title slightly changes. Who's the Sleaziest, Who's the Cheesiest, etc., just as a fun themed FC for the forum.
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by Soris Ice Goldwing Tue Jun 11, 2013 4:28 pm

Dragonbone works for Gough. Hm....Should I cosplay as an ice fairy with a claymore and use crystal magic for ice or a time controlling knife maid with the hornet ring and DWGR and maybe use faith for the TWOP as a slow spell?
    Kiva the wanderer
    Kiva the wanderer
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Kiva the wanderer Tue Jun 11, 2013 4:29 pm

I cn cosplay a good few NPCs with my main.
    SadPanda
    SadPanda
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by SadPanda Tue Jun 11, 2013 4:33 pm

I'll be using my Roman Centurion build, slavery ho!

Prepare for pokes, shortsword combos, and crossbow punishes happy
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by Soris Ice Goldwing Tue Jun 11, 2013 4:35 pm

Ice fairy I will go ice fairy for this one.
    Kiva the wanderer
    Kiva the wanderer
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Kiva the wanderer Tue Jun 11, 2013 4:40 pm

My shiny knight out to do then.
    divinebeanpole
    divinebeanpole
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by divinebeanpole Tue Jun 11, 2013 4:51 pm

Great input folks!

I believe a DkS cosplay would be the best idea for the first Steezy Tournament. Not too difficult to keep to the armor and weapon set up, and come on who doesn't have a favorite NPC??

I will start taking applications for your NPC's immediately!

SadPanda wrote:I'm most definitely in. Maybe it could be an ongoing thing where the title slightly changes. Who's the Sleaziest, Who's the Cheesiest, etc., just as a fun themed FC for the forum.
    Panda, you read my mind sir big grin Let me know when you would like to hook up for your portrait!

Kiva the wanderer
    Kiva the wanderer
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Kiva the wanderer Tue Jun 11, 2013 4:54 pm

ARTORIAS
    divinebeanpole
    divinebeanpole
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by divinebeanpole Tue Jun 11, 2013 4:56 pm

I will save the non DkS cosplay for the next event folks, but please do continue with that idea. The tournaments will be a regular occurrence, so it wont be too far away at all

Is it too soon to shoot for this weekend for the first event?! Maybe next weekend?
    SadPanda
    SadPanda
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by SadPanda Tue Jun 11, 2013 5:26 pm

divinebeanpole wrote:Great input folks!

I believe a DkS cosplay would be the best idea for the first Steezy Tournament. Not too difficult to keep to the armor and weapon set up, and come on who doesn't have a favorite NPC??

I will start taking applications for your NPC's immediately!

SadPanda wrote:I'm most definitely in. Maybe it could be an ongoing thing where the title slightly changes. Who's the Sleaziest, Who's the Cheesiest, etc., just as a fun themed FC for the forum.
    Panda, you read my mind sir big grin Let me know when you would like to hook up for your portrait!
    Like drawing my character? Um, shoot me a message on XBL whenever you have time to do it. I'm on anywhere from 9 A.M. to 12 P.M. CST.

divinebeanpole
    divinebeanpole
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by divinebeanpole Tue Jun 11, 2013 5:43 pm

Not drawing, custom photos. See the portrait I did of LordofAsh on the OP

Panda, Ill probably shoot you a message in the a.m. tomorrow if thats the best time for you. I have time whenever, too much time...

SadPanda
    SadPanda
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by SadPanda Tue Jun 11, 2013 5:47 pm

divinebeanpole wrote:Not drawing, custom photos. See the portrait I did of LordofAsh on the OP

Panda, Ill probably shoot you a message in the a.m. tomorrow if thats the best time for you. I have time whenever, too much time...

I'll try to find some badass armor by then happy

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:28 am