Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+27
tinypantha
Nccbd
hey its andres
goober0331
domesplitter13
dancash1808
DxV04
White Knight Wulf
xRamenatorx
Tolvo
Bowdownbe4me
Latitoast
Brokewilly
Lord of Ash
divinebeanpole
dethcurl
XuitusTheGreat
DaemonNacht
SATLOS
User1
AdamantzZ3R0
The Letter X
Juutas
Mrfragglez
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
Phoenix Rising
MrDynogames
31 posters

Battle for DkS II Tournament - Who's The Strongest (XBOX360) (COMPLETED)

DaemonNacht
    DaemonNacht
    Addicted
    Addicted

Battle for DkS II Tournament - Who's The Strongest (XBOX360) (COMPLETED) - Page 9 Empty Re: Battle for DkS II Tournament - Who's The Strongest (XBOX360) (COMPLETED)

Post by DaemonNacht Wed Apr 17, 2013 1:00 pm

dethcurl wrote:so um...id like to join. ive never done much pvp but it seems ive got some time to practice/make some sort of pvp build. if theres still room id be willing to at least participate

and if anyone wants to practice duel im up for it. im really inexperienced at it tho...

I'd be happy to practice duel with you. happy
    I'm not a super dueler myself so we can learn together. happy
    Phoenix Rising
    Phoenix Rising
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Battle for DkS II Tournament - Who's The Strongest (XBOX360) (COMPLETED) - Page 9 Empty Re: Battle for DkS II Tournament - Who's The Strongest (XBOX360) (COMPLETED)

Post by Phoenix Rising Wed Apr 17, 2013 1:19 pm

XuitusTheGreat wrote:looks interesting Ill PM you oh and Aim :| you're lucky spears are forbidden you'll win it now :| Kappa Battle for DkS II Tournament - Who's The Strongest (XBOX360) (COMPLETED) - Page 9 3358384175

Haha I appreciate the vote of confidence Xuitus but all the players here are great fighters. Will be an awesome tourney though!
    XuitusTheGreat
    XuitusTheGreat
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by XuitusTheGreat Wed Apr 17, 2013 1:21 pm

yea I pm'd the host of it to get in :| I wanna at least try :3
    dethcurl
    dethcurl

Post by dethcurl Wed Apr 17, 2013 1:25 pm

DaemonNacht wrote:
    dethcurl wrote:so um...id like to join. ive never done much pvp but it seems ive got some time to practice/make some sort of pvp build. if theres still room id be willing to at least participate

and if anyone wants to practice duel im up for it. im really inexperienced at it tho...

sweet happy ima be online thursday night starting around 8ish my time. where do you wanna meet?
    Phoenix Rising
    Phoenix Rising
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Phoenix Rising Wed Apr 17, 2013 1:27 pm

XuitusTheGreat wrote:yea I pm'd the host of it to get in :| I wanna at least try :3

Good deal man. I'll message you next time I'm dueling and we'll have some fights. Making my build right now....hahaha.
    xRamenatorx
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by xRamenatorx Wed Apr 17, 2013 2:07 pm

DaemonNacht wrote:
    Brokewilly wrote:
    DaemonNacht wrote:Question about the below rule.

- No healing (use of Replenishment at the start of the duel is ok)

I'm a Faith build and Princess Guard, So I use Bountiful Sunlight which is just a higher level Replenishment. It heals the same amount, I just prefer to use it.

@DaemonNacht - the jury is still out on using healing miracles.We will decide something soon on their use during the tourney.

Are you interested in participating? If so let me know and we will schedule some time in the moonpit so I can get a feel for ur play style.

Things are moving right along people - as usual watch to the top post in the thread for the latest updates.

Well if they don't punish us in time for trying a longer animation, it's a bit of a mistake on their part. :p

I'm considering participating in it, I'm just unsure how my PvP skills are in something like this.

Wellyes but before the fight starts each person is free to do personal buffs/green blossoms aslong as it isnt against the rules. Casting a heal miracle gives unfair advantage plus a heal is a heal no matter how small haha so that kind of contradicts the no heal rule.

Edit: the butchers knife and sanctus also heal but i dont have a problem with them.
    divinebeanpole
    divinebeanpole
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by divinebeanpole Wed Apr 17, 2013 3:03 pm

Count me in, I PMed
    XuitusTheGreat
    XuitusTheGreat
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by XuitusTheGreat Wed Apr 17, 2013 3:05 pm

Phoenix Rising wrote:
    XuitusTheGreat wrote:yea I pm'd the host of it to get in :| I wanna at least try :3

Good deal man. I'll message you next time I'm dueling and we'll have some fights. Making my build right now....hahaha.

I made a super Quality build :| 40/40 lol with a claymore/shotel
    Phoenix Rising
    Phoenix Rising
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Phoenix Rising Wed Apr 17, 2013 3:12 pm

XuitusTheGreat wrote:
    Phoenix Rising wrote:

I made a super Quality build :| 40/40 lol with a claymore/shotel

Awesome. Yeah pretty sure most of the builds will be quality from the looks of it.
    xRamenatorx
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by xRamenatorx Wed Apr 17, 2013 6:12 pm

Might get some hate for this xD but what do you guys think about the red tearstone ring for brokes tournament?

I bring it up because if you use the ring its not like youre giving up a ring slot and your build is worse as result because most people just switch out their ring when their hp drops to 20percent haha. All im saying is that do you think its fair that if you knock your oppenent down to low hp and have most of yours that they can even the playing field in one or two swings while still maintaing the "quality" of their build for most of the battle (not having to otem swap their main ring until low hp).

Id suggest maybe a rule that says you cant item swap rings so if you use the rtsr its actually apart of your build (i know broke said item swap is allowed haha i mean just for rings)

This isnt me bitc**** or trying to bend the rules to my favor haha i just want to know your guys opinion because i will probably item swap to the red tear stone ring or the wolf ring unless anyone speaks up xD
    The Letter X
    The Letter X
    Revived
    Revived

Post by The Letter X Wed Apr 17, 2013 9:34 pm

I'm against the RTSR, but that's just me. If it happens to be OK'd I won't mind, though.
    White Knight Wulf
    White Knight Wulf
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by White Knight Wulf Wed Apr 17, 2013 9:46 pm

the thing about the rtsr is some keep it on the entire fight. i personally do this. and item swapping is a risky thing as well u can do othing but move wen your item swapping so the possibility of being hit is pretty big if ur not incredibly fast at it
    DaemonNacht
    DaemonNacht
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by DaemonNacht Wed Apr 17, 2013 10:25 pm

dethcurl wrote:
    DaemonNacht wrote:

sweet happy ima be online thursday night starting around 8ish my time. where do you wanna meet?

What time zone do you live in? I'll try to be on at that time. happy
    xRamenatorx
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by xRamenatorx Wed Apr 17, 2013 11:43 pm

I side with X on the no rtsr just because someone can dish out 700 to 800dmg hits and still have 400hp left (if they have 2000hp). And your oppenent will most likely have already sustained prior damage before your rtsr activates. This isnt really a display of skill just an "easy" way to take someone out or even the hp bars; its like stacking up magic damage and casting dark bead or WoG xD

Though i do also see wolfs point in how he doesnt swap the ring out so hes missing out on other rings (though in wolfs case he midrolls so rtsr is probably the best option along with rofap lol)

If anyone else has an opinion speak up cheers

Juutas
    Juutas
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Juutas Thu Apr 18, 2013 1:01 am

I never do ring switching, but I'm not against using RTSR IF it is there in your ring slot from the beginning to the end of the match.
    I've been too many times bested by lucky parry that hits me for all of my HP when I fought otherwise a perfect duel, or Great Scythe R2 that hits for 50% of my HP.
    If it's allowed I will fight it since almost everyone does it now a days and I'm used to it, but personally I don't like it.
    DxV04
    DxV04
    Revived
    Revived

Post by DxV04 Thu Apr 18, 2013 1:13 am

I better get to practicing otherwise I won't make it past the first round...
    I work too much damn it!!!
    DxV04
    DxV04
    Revived
    Revived

Post by DxV04 Thu Apr 18, 2013 1:13 am

by the way thanks for inviting and setting this up bro
    White Knight Wulf
    White Knight Wulf
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by White Knight Wulf Thu Apr 18, 2013 1:58 am

Dx haven't seen u in a while buddy how u been
    DxV04
    DxV04
    Revived
    Revived

Post by DxV04 Thu Apr 18, 2013 3:17 am

been busy man with work, most of the time spending it living out of hotels hopefully this will not last long.
    DxV04
    DxV04
    Revived
    Revived

Post by DxV04 Thu Apr 18, 2013 3:21 am

by the way, has the venue been decided?
    White Knight Wulf
    White Knight Wulf
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by White Knight Wulf Thu Apr 18, 2013 3:54 am

It'll either b moonpit ciarins arena or the PW arena more then likely
    xRamenatorx
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by xRamenatorx Thu Apr 18, 2013 9:18 am

Yea you shouldnt have go on the offensive when you have 900hp and your oppenent has 300

@juutas i feel your pain on that great scythe rt....it hits me for 850 to 900 damage with the rtsr

Im sort of against it because like i said before it makes for an easy win. However i see the point in keeping it on because you sacrifice a ring slot and in wolfs case he sacrifices fast roll so he can have that extra ring slot

I say no to rtsr but at the same time i dont want to ruin wolfs style of play so yea haha.....
    Brokewilly
    Brokewilly
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Brokewilly Thu Apr 18, 2013 12:35 pm

DxV04 wrote:by the way thanks for inviting and setting this up bro

@DxV04 - not a problem bro. U were one of the 1st players I thought of when I was putting this together:).

Everyone who has asked to participate in the last couple of days don't worry I have your forum tags and will either respond via forum PM, in this thread or PM on the BOX. Its been a little hectic the last couple of days. I will catch up I promise.

Also, I will review the last few posts in regards to swapping (or even using) the RTSR to see if I can determine what everyone wants. Also, I will post what I have seen regarding using healing miracles at the beginning of the duel. These are the only two issues we need to be resolved to date.

Ok - I thinking of having the tourney in 2 locations - one location for the 1st round then another for the remainder of the tourney. These are the locations I'm thinking of:

• Moonpit (Moonlight Butterfly area)
    • Ciarian's Arena
    • Chained Prisoner Hall (near lower township bonfire)
    • Painted World (Bottom of Harpie tower)
    • Depths (Giant Rat area)

I know I have missed a couple so any suggestions would be welcomed.
    divinebeanpole
    divinebeanpole
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by divinebeanpole Thu Apr 18, 2013 2:56 pm

I love the fight locations, I really hope to play in this
    Brokewilly
    Brokewilly
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Brokewilly Thu Apr 18, 2013 10:01 pm

Ok people - I need to see if any of the confirmed combatants (Wolf, Letter X, Dyno, Ramen, etc) can schedule some duels with the following players who would like to participate in the tourney

- AdamantzZ3R0 (XLN Tag: Z3R0 DREAMS)
    - billionthswine187 (XLN Tag: BillionthSwine)
    - Harrynewgas (XLN Tag: thezombieharry)
    - Mrfragglez (XLN Tag: darkchaos669)
    - XuitusTheGreat (XLN Tag: XuitusTheGreat)
    - bameegatrops (XLN Tag: DivineBeanpole)
    - DaemonNacht (XLN Tag: xDaemonNachtx)
    - RenegadeCop (XLN Tag: KNIFE4LIFE32)
    - Dethcurl (XLN Tag: Dethcurl)

If I missed anyone or if any of the above players have already dueled one of the confirm participant please let me know Proper Bow .

The intent of the pre-tourney set-up duels is to see if the player wanting to participate can fight full-out yet respect their opponent. We're not trying to prove how good or bad a player is - we just want to see if they have good amount of the ole fighting spirit ("toshi"). Also, to obtain a feel for the player so they can become a "known" quantity if you will.

There are five (5) confirmed slots and four (4) alternate slots open at this time. Remember during the tourney (or before) a player in a confirm slot can be replaced by an alternate or other "known" player who can participate on short notice. This will only occur if the confirmed combatant cannot participate in all or part of the tourney for whatever reason.

Input on any of the above is welcomed as always happy .

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 10:00 am