Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+27
tinypantha
Nccbd
hey its andres
goober0331
domesplitter13
dancash1808
DxV04
White Knight Wulf
xRamenatorx
Tolvo
Bowdownbe4me
Latitoast
Brokewilly
Lord of Ash
divinebeanpole
dethcurl
XuitusTheGreat
DaemonNacht
SATLOS
User1
AdamantzZ3R0
The Letter X
Juutas
Mrfragglez
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
Phoenix Rising
MrDynogames
31 posters

Battle for DkS II Tournament - Who's The Strongest (XBOX360) (COMPLETED)

divinebeanpole
    divinebeanpole
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Battle for DkS II Tournament - Who's The Strongest (XBOX360) (COMPLETED) - Page 23 Empty Re: Battle for DkS II Tournament - Who's The Strongest (XBOX360) (COMPLETED)

Post by divinebeanpole Fri May 17, 2013 9:35 pm

Yes, melee all day
    DxV04
    DxV04
    Revived
    Revived

Battle for DkS II Tournament - Who's The Strongest (XBOX360) (COMPLETED) - Page 23 Empty Re: Battle for DkS II Tournament - Who's The Strongest (XBOX360) (COMPLETED)

Post by DxV04 Fri May 17, 2013 9:42 pm

Lord of Ash wrote:KEEP IT AS IS IVE HAD TO CREATE A NEW PLACE STLYE IF EVERYBODY GETS THEIR WAY I WANT SPEARS

SPEARS WERE NEVER ALLOWED TO BEGIN WITH SO THEY CANNOT BE INCLUDED. WOG WAS INCLUDED THEN REMOVED.

IF YOU HAD TO CHANGE I DO NOT THINK YOU ARE THE ONLY ONE. I WILL PARTICIPATE WOG OR NOT.

Last edited by DxV04 on Fri May 17, 2013 9:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Phoenix Rising
    Phoenix Rising
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Phoenix Rising Fri May 17, 2013 9:44 pm

all caps OP
    DxV04
    DxV04
    Revived
    Revived

Post by DxV04 Fri May 17, 2013 9:47 pm

bameegatrops wrote:
    Lets not limit the Pyro though, I'm not sure I agree with the STR weapon vs BF/GC thing ^, how is that different than a faster weapon or a dark bead lol

The only difference I can think of is that you can parry a weapon.

I would like to add that CG and BF do come with more cast that the first WoG picked up. I only suggest one spell with its normal set of casts.
    divinebeanpole
    divinebeanpole
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by divinebeanpole Fri May 17, 2013 10:03 pm

Agreed DxV

And I was simply talking about the speed of the attack for the Str weapon exchange as you mentioned

But while we are on the subject of magic spamming.. We are talking like, spamming spamming like r1r1r1r1r1 type of thing, yes? but if someone is casting, is it wrong to try say a CSS more than once if (and it will be ha) dodged? Not asking for any sort of rule change, just clarifying the spam term in this instance
    Lord of Ash
    Lord of Ash
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Lord of Ash Fri May 17, 2013 10:05 pm

DxV04 wrote:
    Lord of Ash wrote:KEEP IT AS IS IVE HAD TO CREATE A NEW PLACE STLYE IF EVERYBODY GETS THEIR WAY I WANT SPEARS

SPEARS WERE NEVER ALLOWED TO BEGIN WITH SO THEY CANNOT BE INCLUDED. WOG WAS INCLUDED THEN REMOVED.

IF YOU HAD TO CHANGE I DO NOT THINK YOU ARE THE ONLY ONE. I WILL PARTICIPATE WOG OR NOT.

thats good for you the current rules are restricting and even
    DxV04
    DxV04
    Revived
    Revived

Post by DxV04 Fri May 17, 2013 10:16 pm

bameegatrops wrote:Agreed DxV

And I was simply talking about the speed of the attack for the Str weapon exchange as you mentioned

Ah, well there is a speed difference between a dex weapon vs a strength weapon. My logic is that the chances are greater if I swing and then roll out of the way with a dex weapon because it goes through its motion faster than a str weapong. But that might be splitting hairs I admit. ^_^

bameegatrops wrote:
    But while we are on the subject of magic spamming.. We are talking like, spamming spamming like r1r1r1r1r1 type of thing, yes? but if someone is casting, is it wrong to try say a CSS more than once if (and it will be ha) dodged? Not asking for any sort of rule change, just clarifying the spam term in this instance

I do not see anything wrong casting multiple times if the effect of the pyro/miracle/magic is not instantaneous plus easily dodged.
    DxV04
    DxV04
    Revived
    Revived

Post by DxV04 Fri May 17, 2013 10:18 pm

Lord of Ash wrote:
    DxV04 wrote:

I would back you up 100% if spears were allowed then removed. But it was not allowed from the start and therefore gave you enough time to adapt to a different weapon. I disagree with your assessment that they are even. That is not possible in this game. Maybe you mean even as possible.

Edit: By the way, comparing the use of a spear to 3 measly casts of WoG that can be easily avoided is not the same game changer that allowing spears is.
    xRamenatorx
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by xRamenatorx Fri May 17, 2013 10:53 pm

@Dx im not making up my own rules terd; if someone casts WoG theres no way to counter besides roll bs. You can trade a blow with WoG but youll usually take more dmg not to mention the added counter dmg plus youll be staggered everytime. The only other thing you can do is roll away. Basically without roll bs a WoG casts as an extremely high reward but no risk (usually). Also WoG does about 160 more damage than a GC.

Also removing roll bs doesnt make slow weapons more balanced. In fact It makes slow to medium speed weapon users be less skilled because they dont fear a proper roll bs punish. Unlocked clay or zweihander all day. Medium to slow weapon users arent supposed to be offensive for the most part; theyre meant to be patient. Without roll bs you could throwout a zwei rb all day at a decent range in hopes that the might walk into it (just one scenario). No roll bs means i, being a fast weapon user, have to be cautious about rolling through an attack for a roll attack because i may accidently end up at their back. I havent been roll backstabbed (using many different weapons) in ages because for the most part when i attack i make sure i have the advantage or time to escape. If you roll backstabbed me then all that means is you predicted my attack and punished me.
    Lord of Ash
    Lord of Ash
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Lord of Ash Fri May 17, 2013 10:56 pm

DxV04 wrote:
    Lord of Ash wrote:
    DxV04 wrote:

I would back you up 100% if spears were allowed then removed. But it was not allowed from the start and therefore gave you enough time to adapt to a different weapon. I disagree with your assessment that they are even. That is not possible in this game. Maybe you mean even as possible.

Edit: By the way, comparing the use of a spear to 3 measly casts of WoG that can be easily avoided is not the same game changer that allowing spears is.

bull spears are straight thrust wraths are area attacks that can be greatly juiced by high faith and ribg of suns first born killingg in one shot or crippling them from full to less than half with one hot now imagine 3 so called measley wog
    xRamenatorx
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by xRamenatorx Fri May 17, 2013 11:02 pm

^lol

@Dx also in regards to your GC vs slow weapon user. The same thing applies with fast attacks that arent magic. Slow weapon users are supposed to be open after an atk; higher dmg equals higher risk. Though if youre using a slow weapon right youll give your self time to escape or attack again. Also slow weapon users should usually try to attack right before their oppenent does so the hit for more damage, possibly stagger, and can roll away.

Edit: correct me if im wrong anyone, but Dx you say Ash's arguement is flawed because spears were never allowed (im not backing spears). If im not mistaken the no WoG rule was there at the beginning of the post and the no spear rule was added after i mentioned it in a post and everyone agreed on no spears. So basically the no WoG rule has always been their and you had plenty of time to adapt just like Ash but you failed to read top post well enough. If i misunderstood your arguement than forgive me haha

Last edited by xRamenatorx on Fri May 17, 2013 11:22 pm; edited 3 times in total
    divinebeanpole
    divinebeanpole
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by divinebeanpole Fri May 17, 2013 11:02 pm

U mad Ash? Lol

Guys, Im totally breaking the rules I'm gonna be spamming the hell out of Aural Decoy, try to counter that!
    Lord of Ash
    Lord of Ash
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Lord of Ash Sat May 18, 2013 12:19 am

Naw just had to RETRAIN MY BRAIN I know the reason spears arent allowed is because of turtlers and heavy guys but I always wear hollow soldier wasist cloth and a sack for low level a bloated head for meadium and fang boar for high and I usualy have a claymore in my offhand(I never use shields) they aarent hard to defeat it psycalogical people are scared of the thrust with spears big mistake man up put your shield or HEAVY weapon up and charge straight not to the side straight wait for the spear to hit once or twice then counter with a stager if its a turtler com in blocking with shotel or wail away at their shield with a washing pole and a shield bleed them theyll lower their shield trust me . that doesnt work play off istinct use a homing spell dash in dont attack till after they roll rinse and repeat

PS Im fine with no spears its allowed me to learn my own weaknesses as a spear master just as I did withy the sythe I cant be defeated by a syth user anymore unless they use something to drive my health down and get the last thit with a sythe
    DxV04
    DxV04
    Revived
    Revived

Post by DxV04 Sat May 18, 2013 12:26 am

bameegatrops wrote:U mad Ash? Lol

Guys, Im totally breaking the rules I'm gonna be spamming the hell out of Aural Decoy, try to counter that!

LMAO lol!
    DxV04
    DxV04
    Revived
    Revived

Post by DxV04 Sat May 18, 2013 12:46 am

xRamenatorx wrote:@Dx im not making up my own rules terd; if someone casts WoG theres no way to counter besides roll bs. You can trade a blow with WoG but youll usually take more dmg not to mention the added counter dmg plus youll be staggered everytime. The only other thing you can do is roll away. Basically without roll bs a WoG casts as an extremely high reward but no risk (usually). Also WoG does about 160 more damage than a GC.

The damage output is relative to too many things. If your number is based on naked character testing then it is valid but in a battle who goes in naked?. It is meaningless.

You can avoid WoG easily or you don't agree? yea you can counter it or avoid it. You don't have to roll away you can actually roll into it but it is a risky move. A move you know you would have to do in able to pull a roll BS. Yes, ideally you want to counter it.

Anyway it seems you did not read what Beanpole stated which I agreed with.

bameegatrops wrote:Roll Bs can totally be exploited by better players who can look at an opponent's weapon and know that they can "bait" a hit from it just to eat it and roll through for BS. that is what I am against, but a clean punish "rollBs" is a part of the game to me, as Ramen said.

I agree with that 100%

xRamenatorx wrote: Also i know Broke said no roll bs for the most part but if WoG is allowed i will roll backstab a WoG cast

Ok terd, there it is, you said you would roll bs on a WoG. You also said that Broke said no roll BS for the most part. If that is the case then I would like to see it stated in the rules because right now the rules say no roll BS.

xRamenatorx wrote:Also removing roll bs doesnt make slow weapons more balanced. In fact It makes slow to medium speed weapon users be less skilled because they dont fear a proper roll bs punish. Unlocked clay or zweihander all day. Medium to slow weapon users arent supposed to be offensive for the most part; theyre meant to be patient. Without roll bs you could throwout a zwei rb all day at a decent range in hopes that the might walk into it (just one scenario). No roll bs means i, being a fast weapon user, have to be cautious about rolling through an attack for a roll attack because i may accidently end up at their back. I havent been roll backstabbed (using many different weapons) in ages because for the most part when i attack i make sure i have the advantage or time to escape. If you roll backstabbed me then all that means is you predicted my attack and punished me.

I agree somewhat with that statement. I can tell that you use roll BS a lot.
    DxV04
    DxV04
    Revived
    Revived

Post by DxV04 Sat May 18, 2013 12:53 am

Lord of Ash wrote:
    DxV04 wrote:
    Lord of Ash wrote:
    DxV04 wrote:

bull spears are straight thrust wraths are area attacks that can be greatly juiced by high faith and ribg of suns first born killingg in one shot or crippling them from full to less than half with one hot now imagine 3 so called measley wog

Yea that cannot be denied but I am talking in terms of the contest. You seem to be talking about Dark Souls everyday random PvP. If I am to go by your comments it would seem you get hit with WoG a lot. I have a very hard time believing you get hit with WoG that much.

Again I differ in opinion as far as how big of a game changer spears are vs WoG. This definitely calls for a poll :drunken:
    DxV04
    DxV04
    Revived
    Revived

Post by DxV04 Sat May 18, 2013 1:00 am

xRamenatorx wrote:^lol

@Dx also in regards to your GC vs slow weapon user. The same thing applies with fast attacks that arent magic. Slow weapon users are supposed to be open after an atk; higher dmg equals higher risk. Though if youre using a slow weapon right youll give your self time to escape or attack again. Also slow weapon users should usually try to attack right before their oppenent does so the hit for more damage, possibly stagger, and can roll away.
    Yea you are right I was really splitting hairs back there. Proper Bow
    xRamenatorx wrote:
    Edit: correct me if im wrong anyone, but Dx you say Ash's arguement is flawed because spears were never allowed (im not backing spears). If im not mistaken the no WoG rule was there at the beginning of the post and the no spear rule was added after i mentioned it in a post and everyone agreed on no spears. So basically the no WoG rule has always been their and you had plenty of time to adapt just like Ash but you failed to read top post well enough. If i misunderstood your arguement than forgive me haha

Well no I did not say it is flawed. Or did I? haha No I did not say it was flawed. What I said that if it was allowed from the start and then removed I could back up his request. That is all.

Personally, I never saw the no WoG rule. From the time I was invited into the contest I saw that it was allowed. So if what you say is correct then yea the same thing would apply to WoG that applies to spears in my opinion.
    But you are just saying that. If Broke comes in and says you are correct then yea as far as I am concerned problem solved no WoG.

I have you know I have not played ANY dark souls since April 20th. I am working on the north slope and there are no TVs here. So no I have not had time to adapt.
    Juutas
    Juutas
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Juutas Sat May 18, 2013 6:52 am

Im not afraid of WotG, but I sure as hell am afraid the combos you can do with it Battle for DkS II Tournament - Who's The Strongest (XBOX360) (COMPLETED) - Page 23 3358384175

I got hit once in a tournament by one of these:
    Backstab -> Wake up DA WotG -> Backstab -> Wake up combustion

lol!
    divinebeanpole
    divinebeanpole
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by divinebeanpole Sat May 18, 2013 10:04 am

Well wakeup attacks and chain BS are both off limits I believe juuty, so no worries there in this tourney.

tinypantha
    tinypantha
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by tinypantha Sat May 18, 2013 10:13 am

If there is enough room in this tournament, do you mind if i sign up?
    User1
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Post by User1 Sat May 18, 2013 11:49 am

I think there are a couple spaces left Tiny.
    Will you have your Gold back in time for this?
    xRamenatorx
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by xRamenatorx Sat May 18, 2013 12:26 pm

@Dx i did read all the post. My arguement about roll bs was in response to baames comment on the exploitation of roll bs. Its not really an exploitation if you trick your oppenent into doing a move. More skill if anything.

And nah i dont roll bs that much

I did not make up my own rule i said i would roll bs as in i was bringing up the counter to WoG; more of a discussion starter (you dont know me that well terd xD)

Again the only counter to WoG is rolling. The only difference is that you said to roll into it. If roll bs isnt allowed the caster can almost always roll away after a WoG cast (fast roll) due to the distance of WoG and the time frame in which your oppenent can roll through it. Basically the only way to counter a WoG is a roll if you arent at close distance or if they cant be staggered. If theres another counter besidew crest shield and isnt situational tell me.

WoG always did about 160 more dmg than my combustion on any build give ir take 15dmg points. Also magic defense is much harder to come by in the game :p. So my numbers do make sense in saying that WoG is much more powerful.

I dont really care if WoG is added. Maybe limit it to 3 or 4 casts to discourage two WoGs in a row?

When i was pointing out that WoG was never allowed and spears were not on the list at one point i was just saying that youe arguement was wrong and technically you had more time to adjust (you working for about a month is an unforseen incident to most of us)

Edit: or maybe i dont want WoG added xD. Just dont count my opinion because im in between because of the distance it has though you do need 28 faith and only get 3casts?

Last edited by xRamenatorx on Sat May 18, 2013 12:40 pm; edited 2 times in total
    xRamenatorx
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by xRamenatorx Sat May 18, 2013 12:35 pm

bameegatrops wrote:Well wakeup attacks and chain BS are both off limits I believe juuty, so no worries there in this tourney.

Hahahahahahaha he called him Juuty
    Juutas
    Juutas
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Juutas Sat May 18, 2013 1:33 pm

xRamenatorx wrote:
    bameegatrops wrote:Well wakeup attacks and chain BS are both off limits I believe juuty, so no worries there in this tourney.

Hahahahahahaha he called him Juuty

shadaaaaap :oops:
    User1
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Post by User1 Sat May 18, 2013 1:58 pm

Juuty, Team Alpha will quake before my might!!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 16, 2024 11:19 pm