Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+27
tinypantha
Nccbd
hey its andres
goober0331
domesplitter13
dancash1808
DxV04
White Knight Wulf
xRamenatorx
Tolvo
Bowdownbe4me
Latitoast
Brokewilly
Lord of Ash
divinebeanpole
dethcurl
XuitusTheGreat
DaemonNacht
SATLOS
User1
AdamantzZ3R0
The Letter X
Juutas
Mrfragglez
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
Phoenix Rising
MrDynogames
31 posters

Battle for DkS II Tournament - Who's The Strongest (XBOX360) (COMPLETED)

Juutas
    Juutas
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Battle for DkS II Tournament - Who's The Strongest (XBOX360) (COMPLETED) - Page 15 Empty Re: Battle for DkS II Tournament - Who's The Strongest (XBOX360) (COMPLETED)

Post by Juutas Wed May 01, 2013 12:03 pm

Some clarification why some things are considered tryhard:

Dark Wood Grain Ring

With this ring you can basically decide when you want to be hit and when not, because of the crazy i-frames. Counter hits are way more difficult to land and after kick hits fail.

If using DEX or STR weapons with it you don't really need to sacrifice that many stats from endurance or vitality since you only need to invest 28/40 points for them, it is always worth the lost hp or endurance, because you are very, very difficult to even hit.

This ring makes roll bs walk in the park.

Pyromancy

Well....it's free. Only thing you need to invest is few points in attunement to get all the most powerful pyro-castings to your backpocket. Even on the high fire resistance setup it strikes ridicilous dmg, expecially great combustion and black flame are so badly unbalanced that there is no other in this game. Expecially DEX-builds benefit greatly from pyro because of the speed buff.

Crown of dusk

Makes any casting do ridicilous dmg.

Dark Bead and Pursuers

Have potential to one shot players with no effort at all and benefit greatly from lag/latency.

Katanas

Just the most optimal weapons in the game. Only need investment in DEX, have good dmg (expecially Chaos Blade), bleed (expecially Chaos Blade), crazy good moveset and decent range (expecially on Chaos Blade and Washing pole).

Blader Side Sword

This thing has insane range and speed + is a total pain in the *** with Leo ring + it overshadows all other straightswords since it has most of the scaling on only DEX.

Buffs

Dark Moon Blade and Sunlight Blade just add way too much dmg that's all there is.

Family Masks

After the recent patch these are not so much of a problem, but still the most optimal armor choice for head gear after the Crown of Dusk and Crown of the Dark Sun. Just a patch of shame really.

Spears

Do I really even have to say? Unbeatable when using the poke flip poke flip technique.

These were my best explanations why some things are considered tryhard.
    I don't really care what things people use in the tournament, bring what ever you want and use what ever you want, but I really hope people still have some imagination.
    divinebeanpole
    divinebeanpole
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Battle for DkS II Tournament - Who's The Strongest (XBOX360) (COMPLETED) - Page 15 Empty Re: Battle for DkS II Tournament - Who's The Strongest (XBOX360) (COMPLETED)

Post by divinebeanpole Wed May 01, 2013 12:10 pm

xRamenatorx wrote:
    bameegatrops wrote:^30 percent more magic damage taken for dusk crown Ram, further proving your point

Yea i know haha i said uhhhh that the user of the crown takes 10percent more dmg than he dishes out so iwas implying 30percent xD. I should be on later today if you want to do somethin on Dark souls

Ah I see

And yes I will be on, shoot me a message
    xRamenatorx
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by xRamenatorx Wed May 01, 2013 12:37 pm

On the flip ring i meant if you wore the same armor and switched it for havels you could save a bunch of endurance points.

Pyromancy is free but in that since a few elemental weapins are free considering the minimal stat invesrment required.

Crown of dusk does increase magic dmg but you take more dmg from magic.

Many of the best weapons in the game only need dex or strength? Save for a few like the washing pole, claymore, broadswird, etc.

My broadsword on a 40/40 build hits about 38 less damage than my chaos blade on a 45dex build and since you lose 20hp per hit thats only an 18dmg difference when trading blows. This is pretty balanced considering the chais blade weighs 6lbs compared to 3lbs. Though i do sort of understand you point in that you only need dex. The quality builds in my opinion are meant for diversity rather than overwhelming power

The only outstanding move on the katana is the thrust. Its actually quite hard to dead angle with the rolling attack. If you spam rb you will be parried lol

I completely agree on buffs and spears but in not in them being try hard just them being too overpowered haha

I completely understand why all these things are frowned upon haha its just why not use good weapons or spells in the game if they are available. I just think its foolish to limit yourselves because of preconcieved standards that many players hold.

Ill message you beanpole

Edit: none of this is aimed at you juutas xD
    Juutas
    Juutas
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Juutas Wed May 01, 2013 1:08 pm

xRamenatorx wrote:

It's all cool man :'D I don't really care that much to be honest, I was just clarifying why people are considering some things tryhard.
    Of course I too have my own code of rules that I follow, but I don't expect others to follow my wishes/standards.
    Bowdownbe4me
    Bowdownbe4me
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Bowdownbe4me Wed May 01, 2013 1:22 pm

Juutas wrote:Some clarification why some things are considered tryhard:

Dark Wood Grain Ring

With this ring you can basically decide when you want to be hit and when not, because of the crazy i-frames. Counter hits are way more difficult to land and after kick hits fail.

If using DEX or STR weapons with it you don't really need to sacrifice that many stats from endurance or vitality since you only need to invest 28/40 points for them, it is always worth the lost hp or endurance, because you are very, very difficult to even hit.

This ring makes roll bs walk in the park.

Pyromancy

Well....it's free. Only thing you need to invest is few points in attunement to get all the most powerful pyro-castings to your backpocket. Even on the high fire resistance setup it strikes ridicilous dmg, expecially great combustion and black flame are so badly unbalanced that there is no other in this game. Expecially DEX-builds benefit greatly from pyro because of the speed buff.

Crown of dusk

Makes any casting do ridicilous dmg.

Dark Bead and Pursuers

Have potential to one shot players with no effort at all and benefit greatly from lag/latency.

Katanas

Just the most optimal weapons in the game. Only need investment in DEX, have good dmg (expecially Chaos Blade), bleed (expecially Chaos Blade), crazy good moveset and decent range (expecially on Chaos Blade and Washing pole).

Blader Side Sword

This thing has insane range and speed + is a total pain in the *** with Leo ring + it overshadows all other straightswords since it has most of the scaling on only DEX.

Buffs

Dark Moon Blade and Sunlight Blade just add way too much dmg that's all there is.

Family Masks

After the recent patch these are not so much of a problem, but still the most optimal armor choice for head gear after the Crown of Dusk and Crown of the Dark Sun. Just a patch of shame really.

Spears

Do I really even have to say? Unbeatable when using the poke flip poke flip technique.

These were my best explanations why some things are considered tryhard.
    I don't really care what things people use in the tournament, bring what ever you want and use what ever you want, but I really hope people still have some imagination.
    Isn't the purpose of a tournament to pit everyone's "in it to win it" attitude against each other and see who comes out on top? It seems counter-intuitive to limit (or be critical of) everything which is clearly efficient.

And with that it looks like I'd better rescind my application. I had fun with you guys in our cross-community fight club, and it's clear that many of you can hold your own in a "no holds barred" competitive environment. But if a tournament is going to be predicated on rule after rule, I just can't bring myself to take part. (GT: Bowdownbe4me)

I do wish you guys and gals the best of luck, though.

P.S. it kills me to see someone argue that X tactic is unbeatable. As for your flippy spear comment, I invite you to duel myself or wgt07 sometime and bring the best flippy spear game that you can. (No, this isn't some attempt to compare e-peens. I genuinely want more people to understand that there *are* hard counters to these tactics which we call "cheap").

Last edited by Bowdownbe4me on Wed May 01, 2013 1:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
    xRamenatorx
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by xRamenatorx Wed May 01, 2013 1:23 pm

Juutas wrote:
    xRamenatorx wrote:

Of course I too have my own code of rules that I follow, but I don't expect others to follow my wishes/standards.

This. Point Forward
    User1
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Post by User1 Wed May 01, 2013 1:26 pm

I agree, there are many, many rules on this, from some viewpoints, I can see why the vast majority of them are in place, but some of them are a bit unnecesarry, IMO. For example, no Hornet Ring. This may prevent overpowered backstabs, but the weaponry that can do that will always do high damage. And what about parrying? People who can time the parry right deserve some extra damage, I don't really see why it was implemented, since people don't always backstab fish.
    domesplitter13
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by domesplitter13 Wed May 01, 2013 2:08 pm

Battle for DkS II Tournament - Who's The Strongest (XBOX360) (COMPLETED) - Page 15 3313331778

Just wanted to know if I was in...out, or wait listed.

Gracias (it means "thank you" in spanish)
    divinebeanpole
    divinebeanpole
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by divinebeanpole Wed May 01, 2013 3:10 pm

To complain about "try-hard" to the point of writing multiple paragraphs on the subject just seems whiny to me. Use magic barriers if you feel the need, always have effigy, crest and black knight shields at the ready, avoiding getting hit, and learn to block and parry better. Solves all DS problems.
    xRamenatorx
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by xRamenatorx Wed May 01, 2013 3:29 pm

@bowdown
    The rules are solid

No healing is obvious

No buffs is to display skill rather than rb spam

No swapping to rtsr is great because the ring dishes out massive dmg and doesnt affect your build for most of the match if you can just swap to it at the end. If you want that massive dmg the ring should stay on and "hinder" your build

No wrath of gods is debateable. But i believe its to prevent the combination of thwt, crown of dusk, and bellowing ring fir 800+ wrath of gods

The bs rule as only punishments is great. People still need to be careful and the tourny wont be a bs fest. No one wants to see 700+ poise bs. They want to see good fights.

No spears. Mmmm yes they have counters but give them to a few players in this tourny and they wont. Most combatants in this tourny agree on this rule.

Spears have counters. You and wgt007 would be able to counter most ppl with a spear. However Ive played wgt007 in the cross community fc and you at rynns fc. I guarantee you that if juutas or myself has a spear, and you guys dont, the match will be completely one sided even if you turtle.

You have to rember that most of the participants in this tourny are better than your average pvper. If we are given access to 800+ WoG's, 700+ bs fests, and spears the match is already decided :p

Juutas
    Juutas
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Juutas Wed May 01, 2013 3:47 pm

Bowdownbe4me wrote:

P.S. it kills me to see someone argue that X tactic is unbeatable. As for your flippy spear comment, I invite you to duel myself or wgt07 sometime and bring the best flippy spear game that you can. (No, this isn't some attempt to compare e-peens. I genuinely want more people to understand that there *are* hard counters to these tactics which we call "cheap").

Actually I have dueled wgt07 before and you too for that matter.
    Yes of course there is counters, but those counters do not work even half the time and are not available for all the builds and don't stop them from being overpowered.
    Spears + flip ring in a hand of good player is pain to ANY player and this can be seconded by 90% of good PvP players I know, if it is not problem for you then congratulations, but for most it is, even for the best of us.
    Bowdownbe4me
    Bowdownbe4me
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Bowdownbe4me Wed May 01, 2013 5:52 pm

Juutas wrote:
    Bowdownbe4me wrote:

Yes of course there is counters, but those counters do not work even half the time and are not available for all the builds and don't stop them from being overpowered.
    Spears + flip ring in a hand of good player is pain to ANY player and this can be seconded by 90% of good PvP players I know, if it is not problem for you then congratulations, but for most it is, even for the best of us.
    Which counters are you thinking of that don't work even 50% of the time? I would hardly call that a counter.

Spears demand that you play differently than if you were facing another weapon. It's the same exact thing with the Great Scythe (my preferred weapon). If you try fighting a spear by attacking between pokes or out-ranging it then you aren't going to win. Likewise, if you try playing cautiously against a GScythe like you may against any other weapon, you'll be in for a hard time. That doesn't mean either of these weapons are unbeatable, but rather that they need to be handled differently.

The spear's distance game is easily shut down by a proper turtle, and if this turtle is using a rapier then all the better. Shutting down their distance game forces them into a bs fishing game because that's the only viable avenue for dealing damage. Counter fishing > fishing, and with a rapier in hand the counter fish is even more dangerous. Long story short, if you face a flippy spear poker, try being patient and hiding behind a shield with a rapier. The shield poke is a bonus, but your real intent should be to bait them into fishing you, and then counter fish. If they commit to an attack at close range into your shield (spear shield-poke distance is fine), bait them into doing this more frequently and then turn the tables and tank one of their pokes for a free poise-bs.

As for this strategy needing a dedicated build: an elemental rapier and decent shield is all you need. A 2 weight heater shield and a chaos estoc (which requires only 12 dex) would easily suffice.

Now, if you issue with spears isn't that they are unbeatable, but rather that they force you into a far less diverse playstyle, then that's another story. But the fact of the matter is that you were arguing that they are OP, not that they make pvp boring. And frankly it frustrates me to hear people go on about how some tactics are unbeatable.
    Juutas
    Juutas
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Juutas Wed May 01, 2013 6:12 pm

Bowdownbe4me wrote:
    Juutas wrote:
    Bowdownbe4me wrote:

Which counters are you thinking of that don't work even 50% of the time? I would hardly call that a counter.

Spears demand that you play differently than if you were facing another weapon. It's the same exact thing with the Great Scythe (my preferred weapon). If you try fighting a spear by attacking between pokes or out-ranging it then you aren't going to win. Likewise, if you try playing cautiously against a GScythe like you may against any other weapon, you'll be in for a hard time. That doesn't mean either of these weapons are unbeatable, but rather that they need to be handled differently.

The spear's distance game is easily shut down by a proper turtle, and if this turtle is using a rapier then all the better. Shutting down their distance game forces them into a bs fishing game because that's the only viable avenue for dealing damage. Counter fishing > fishing, and with a rapier in hand the counter fish is even more dangerous. Long story short, if you face a flippy spear poker, try being patient and hiding behind a shield with a rapier. The shield poke is a bonus, but your real intent should be to bait them into fishing you, and then counter fish. If they commit to an attack at close range into your shield (spear shield-poke distance is fine), bait them into doing this more frequently and then turn the tables and tank one of their pokes for a free poise-bs.

As for this strategy needing a dedicated build: an elemental rapier and decent shield is all you need. A 2 weight heater shield and a chaos estoc (which requires only 12 dex) would easily suffice.

Now, if you issue with spears isn't that they are unbeatable, but rather that they force you into a far less diverse playstyle, then that's another story. But the fact of the matter is that you were arguing that they are OP, not that they make pvp boring. And frankly it frustrates me to hear people go on about how some tactics are unbeatable.

This is a counter only for rapier so it isn't a counter for most of the builds.....and frankly just doesn't work if spear user has black flame or combustion up their sleeve (which they usually do) we are talking about a good player with a spear, not some random moron with it, once you trick them into poise BS they are not gonna give it to you again.
    Let me rephrase what I said: it's not UNBEATABLE, but it is as close to it as it gets in this game.
    xRamenatorx
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by xRamenatorx Wed May 01, 2013 6:32 pm

@bowdown
    I said in my orevious post that you probably wouldnt win even if you turtled lol. I said that knowing that the spear counter youd suggest would be turtling with some form of rapier. This wouldnt work. A good spear user will maintain his distance and poise bs your behind the shield pokes xD

Like someine said. A spear makes an average player seem great, and makes a great plwyer almost unbeatable
    Bowdownbe4me
    Bowdownbe4me
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Bowdownbe4me Wed May 01, 2013 6:38 pm

Juutas wrote:
    Bowdownbe4me wrote:
    Juutas wrote:
    Bowdownbe4me wrote:

This is a counter only for rapier so it isn't a counter for most of the builds.....and frankly just doesn't work if spear user has black flame or combustion up their sleeve (which they usually do) we are talking about a good player with a spear, not some random moron with it, once you trick them into poise BS they are not gonna give it to you again.
    Let me rephrase what I said: it's not UNBEATABLE, but it is as close to it as it gets in this game.
    And that's why I suggested a heater shield. When upgraded down the fire path it gives 85% fire resistance. The best shield for this scenario (which I didn't suggest simply because it requires 16 strength) is the Black Knight Shield. BK Shield + Estoc (elemental or not) = the best spear counter that I've come across.

Also, please note that I did not suggest that your primary strategy be poise bs'ing. The poise bs is only an option if your shield-using opponent was stupid enough to make random pokes into your shield. Any truly skilled spear user will know that their spear game is done for if you start turtling with a flame resistant shield. They have to default to bs fishing, or change weapons entirely.

As for why the estoc turtle is better than a spear turtle:
    -rapiers win out in the bs game. Supposing you went 1 for 1 with bs's, you'd still come out on top.
    -rapier shield-pokes are fast enough with that they cannot be roll bs'd. The same does not hold for spear shield-pokes.
    -by turtling, the spear's distance becomes irrelevant. This forces both players onto the level of "who is the better bs'er" (and also: who is more patient, and is willing to wait for the counter fish)
    -Rapier pokes have a fast enough recovery that you are less likely to be poise bs'd, and can even get a hit in and *then* pull a counter fish (on occasion)

It's also advisable to add 61 poise (either with the wolf ring or standard armor) in order to be able to poise bs even the black flames. This is certainly not necessary, however.
    xRamenatorx
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by xRamenatorx Wed May 01, 2013 7:07 pm

@bowdown you have ignored my comment xD. A spear user will keep distance and poise bs your pokes or break your guard.

Also turtling is effective sgainst almost every weapon. Yet it is still more challenging to do against a spear user because you still have to get close to pull off a behind the shield poke and spear users can still parry lol

Edit: you have stated the positive attributes of the turtling method but fail to say its downfalls and the pros of the spear in this situation. Its being too optimistic lol. Certain people and dituations your method will be flawless but other times it want.

But yes you are right. Turtling shuts down many weapons in the game
    Brokewilly
    Brokewilly
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Brokewilly Wed May 01, 2013 7:36 pm

RenegadeCop wrote:I agree, there are many, many rules on this, from some viewpoints, I can see why the vast majority of them are in place, but some of them are a bit unnecesarry, IMO. For example, no Hornet Ring. This may prevent overpowered backstabs, but the weaponry that can do that will always do high damage. And what about parrying? People who can time the parry right deserve some extra damage, I don't really see why it was implemented, since people don't always backstab fish.

Good question in regards to the "no Hornet Ring" rule.My view on that rules is - if parried or BS'd with an HR-enhanced attack using the right type of weapon (lets say a crystal +4 greatsword - Wolf I'm talking to you bro lol! ) a combatant can either be seriously hurt or OHK'd. Thus creating a 2 maybe 3 hit (in the event the injured combatant turtles like a mutha) duel. In my opinion that is not show of skill even though u may have pulled off a beautiful parry to inflict the HR-enhanced damage. In my opinion a true demonstration of skill is to be able to pull that parry off 2-3 times causing ur opponent to be so "shook" they don't even want to swing their weapon. This rule also mitigates untimely deaths in the event of a "punish" or "mistaken" BS (u got the BS but really wasn't going for it - this does happen).

And last - if a combatant is a "parry master" and wants to end the fight quick then they should select a weapon which either inflicts a high AR or one which inflicts a high critical.In short this adds another dimension to the tourney which is - choose your weapons wisely based on ur play style.

I and hopefully others in this thread will continue offer their input to any questions.
    User1
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Post by User1 Wed May 01, 2013 7:40 pm

I didn't really consider it from that point of view.
    Thanks for enlightening me on that.
    Brokewilly
    Brokewilly
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Brokewilly Wed May 01, 2013 7:47 pm

domesplitter13 wrote:Battle for DkS II Tournament - Who's The Strongest (XBOX360) (COMPLETED) - Page 15 3313331778

Just wanted to know if I was in...out, or wait listed. Gracias (it means "thank you" in spanish)

@Dome - I will be sending u a PM shortly. I think I have ur BOX tag - I will be hooking up with u shortly. What time zone are u in?
    White Knight Wulf
    White Knight Wulf
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by White Knight Wulf Wed May 01, 2013 7:51 pm

Lol yea I knew the no HR rule was because of me lol!
    Juutas
    Juutas
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Juutas Thu May 02, 2013 12:27 am

Yeah the turtling would be some kind of counter, but it's only a counter to those who have rapier and a shield, we could say that the best counter against spears is to switch to spear yourself and even it out, but I could hardly consider that a counter either because I cannot do it with my own weapon choice.

But enough of this topic guys, eh?

I have a question myself regarding the tournament:
    I may come with my quality build that uses Elite Cleric armor chest piece and I know some people really dislike the armor because it is not legitly obtainable in the game, but I really like the look more than the normal one.
    If you dislike it though, I can change my setup in using the regular Cleric armor.

In case someone doesn't know the stat difference between the two sets:

- Elite cleric has 3-5 more defence (lol)
    - 3 more poise
    - weights 1,5 more
    than the regular one
    White Knight Wulf
    White Knight Wulf
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by White Knight Wulf Thu May 02, 2013 12:51 am

Dnt matter to me man its not enough of a diff to matter in a fight
    Bowdownbe4me
    Bowdownbe4me
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Bowdownbe4me Thu May 02, 2013 11:46 am

Juutas wrote:Yeah the turtling would be some kind of counter, but it's only a counter to those who have rapier and a shield, we could say that the best counter against spears is to switch to spear yourself and even it out, but I could hardly consider that a counter either because I cannot do it with my own weapon choice.
    Last post, I promise.

I was *not* saying that the counter to fighting a spear is to shield poke with a rapier. I was saying that you should turtle (which shuts down their distance game because they can pose absolutely no threat from the distance when you are shielding), and following which you bait them into bs fishing and then punish that. The rapier poke is just nice to have as an additional "what are you gonna do? I have that base covered too!" tactic.

But to be honest, I also see where you're coming because this tactic actually works against ALL builds, not just spears. I think I was essentially arguing that spears are not the end-all be-all of the DkS tryhard metagame, but rather that a true rapier turtle *is*. But supposing that the only true counter to a dwgr pyro spear is the tactic which is effectively the counter to EVERY tactic in game, then I can see the reasoning for banning them. But don't overlook the power of the rapier turtle. If you want to ban those most efficient tryhard tactics, then the rapier turtle should be on the top of your list.

I've said it multiple times, but every time I say it people disregard it, so here are bullet points:
    -the best dwgr spear players will shut down any build which doesn't turtle
    -turtles shut down spears because distance becomes irrelevant when they can't do any damage
    -by turtling, you force your opponent into focusing on getting backstabs or changing weapons
    -A BK Shield (95% fire resist), Black Iron Shield (90%), or in some cases the Fire Heater Shield(85%) will shut down pyromancy
    -IF the spear user makes a habit of wailing into your shield in hopes of breaking your stamina, punish them with a run-in poise bs (the best dwgr spear users would only do a poke here and there, but the turtling shuts this guerilla tactic down)
    -using a weapon that has higher crits when you've brought a duel down to the level of bs fishing means that you will win out on the bs game, even going 1:1 (you can add the hornet ring if you really want to max your bs damage)
    -If you do it right, counter fishing is actually more reliable than standard fishing

New points:
    -Anyone who knows all this will switch to a rapier as well in order to even the playing field
    -IF they switch to a rapier, a bow adds a nice threat which can force your opponent to run in, following which you can punish with a backstab
    -The dragon head can also be used for force your opponent to attack, which you punish with a bs

ALL OF THIS is not for some sort of bragging rights, or I-told-you-so's, but rather an attempt at educating people on how to handle spear users. If you don't want the tournament to devolve into a bs fishing contest I completely understand (and you'd be entirely justified in banning spears and rapier turtles). But if you try to say that you can't beat a spear user, here's how.

And the best part: you can do ALL of that on most builds, supposing you have 12 dex to use an elemental rapier, and ideally 16 strength to use a black knight shield (though the fire-heater shield will do fine).
    goober0331
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by goober0331 Thu May 02, 2013 12:29 pm

There really isnt a reason to argue about spears and countering them.

People are always not going to listen when it comes to this. I got into it so bad with some people on this forum that I had to leave for months, simply because their ignorant and dont want to switch weapons to counter, or dont want to change how they play, which isnt the fault of the spear user.

If you wont adapt in this game then your going to loose.

Countering a spear user is very easy, people just dont listen, or simply are too prideful to admit their builds arent versatile, or dont think that countering a weapon with that same weapon is a counter. Its ignorance and pride.

People that constantly complain about spears, but then dont want to counter them, or dont view counters as "true" counters, or "viable" just because THEIR build doesnt accommodate for it, or they just dont want to have to change their playstyle, get no respect in my book.

This game is about analyzing, adapting, and executing. If you cant do those three things then you dont deserve to win.
    xRamenatorx
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by xRamenatorx Thu May 02, 2013 12:49 pm

@bowdown i agree on rapier turtles being one if not the most annoying thing in the game. I know a few "prominent" players on this forum and youtubers who turtle 70 percent of the time.

Edit: @goober i think people are just upset because spears are very very effective. Yes theres counters. Theresalso counters to twop plus WoG/pursuers/dark bead. Though that doesnt mean the majority of players wiol be able to stop it. Or that it isnt "cheap". Basically things like twop/WoG and spears dont show skill in most peoples eyes

Last edited by xRamenatorx on Thu May 02, 2013 1:02 pm; edited 1 time in total

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 12:27 am