Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+27
tinypantha
Nccbd
hey its andres
goober0331
domesplitter13
dancash1808
DxV04
White Knight Wulf
xRamenatorx
Tolvo
Bowdownbe4me
Latitoast
Brokewilly
Lord of Ash
divinebeanpole
dethcurl
XuitusTheGreat
DaemonNacht
SATLOS
User1
AdamantzZ3R0
The Letter X
Juutas
Mrfragglez
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
Phoenix Rising
MrDynogames
31 posters

Battle for DkS II Tournament - Who's The Strongest (XBOX360) (COMPLETED)

Bowdownbe4me
    Bowdownbe4me
    Casual
    Casual

Battle for DkS II Tournament - Who's The Strongest (XBOX360) (COMPLETED) - Page 16 Empty Re: Battle for DkS II Tournament - Who's The Strongest (XBOX360) (COMPLETED)

Post by Bowdownbe4me Thu May 02, 2013 12:56 pm

goober0331 wrote:There really isnt a reason to argue about spears and countering them.

People are always not going to listen when it comes to this. I got into it so bad with some people on this forum that I had to leave for months, simply because their ignorant and dont want to switch weapons to counter, or dont want to change how they play, which isnt the fault of the spear user.

If you wont adapt in this game then your going to loose.

Countering a spear user is very easy, people just dont listen, or simply are too prideful to admit their builds arent versatile, or dont think that countering a weapon with that same weapon is a counter. Its ignorance and pride.

People that constantly complain about spears, but then dont want to counter them, or dont view counters as "true" counters, or "viable" just because THEIR build doesnt accommodate for it, or they just dont want to have to change their playstyle, get no respect in my book.

This game is about analyzing, adapting, and executing. If you cant do those three things then you dont deserve to win.
    I actually agree with Juutas on the point that using the same weapon as your opponent is not a counter. At that point is simply becomes a matter of who is better with it (or, who is better at handling their opponent's usage of it). But a rapier =/= a spear.

And I do agree with you that many people are unwilling to swap to a new weapon in order to handle their opponent, which is pretty silly considering that there are bound to be poor match-ups. You wouldn't actively choose to pull out an ultra greatsword when facing a katana, so why not the reverse? Know your opponent's weakness and exploit it, know your own weakness and avoid it.
    xRamenatorx
    Addicted
    Addicted

Battle for DkS II Tournament - Who's The Strongest (XBOX360) (COMPLETED) - Page 16 Empty Re: Battle for DkS II Tournament - Who's The Strongest (XBOX360) (COMPLETED)

Post by xRamenatorx Thu May 02, 2013 1:03 pm

Edited my last post in response to goobers
    Brokewilly
    Brokewilly
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Brokewilly Thu May 02, 2013 1:52 pm

Juutas wrote:I have a question myself regarding the tournament:
    I may come with my quality build that uses Elite Cleric armor chest piece and I know some people really dislike the armor because it is not legitly obtainable in the game, but I really like the look more than the normal one.
    If you dislike it though, I can change my setup in using the regular Cleric armor.

In case someone doesn't know the stat difference between the two sets:

- Elite cleric has 3-5 more defence (lol)
    - 3 more poise
    - weights 1,5 more
    than the regular one

Juutas - I have no problem with people using the Elite Cleric armor. It's not that much of difference in defense and poise when compared with regular cleric armor.
    goober0331
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by goober0331 Thu May 02, 2013 4:13 pm

If using a spear effectively nullifies your opponents advantage and evens the playing field, thus making skill and wit determine who the better fighter is, than how is that NOT a counter?

You are fighting fire with fire, and nullifying any advantage one person has over the other.

Counter

And I recognize that spears are clumped together with DWGR, TWoP, Dark Bead etc, and the community views them as lesser means of achieving victory.

However that doesnt excuse builds from not being able to adapt. If I see Pursuers, I use the terrain to eliminate them, or use the pendent.

Dark bead I maintain distance and time rolls.

TWoP I swap to DWGR - since your builds should be versatile and be able swap rings - or run away until it diminishes.

Spears, I turtle or swap to Estoc/Spear to nullify.

I change and adapt to the opponent. And if I loose I loose. I have had this game since it came out, and dont get flustered by being beaten by these "noob" tactics. I simply look introspectively on how I could of done better, and then do so.

You only learn from experience.
    divinebeanpole
    divinebeanpole
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by divinebeanpole Thu May 02, 2013 4:36 pm

goober0331 wrote:If using a spear effectively nullifies your opponents advantage and evens the playing field, thus making skill and wit determine who the better fighter is, than how is that NOT a counter?

You are fighting fire with fire, and nullifying any advantage one person has over the other.

Counter

And I recognize that spears are clumped together with DWGR, TWoP, Dark Bead etc, and the community views them as lesser means of achieving victory.

However that doesnt excuse builds from not being able to adapt. If I see Pursuers, I use the terrain to eliminate them, or use the pendent.

Dark bead I maintain distance and time rolls.

TWoP I swap to DWGR - since your builds should be versatile and be able swap rings - or run away until it diminishes.

Spears, I turtle or swap to Estoc/Spear to nullify.

I change and adapt to the opponent. And if I loose I loose. I have had this game since it came out, and dont get flustered by being beaten by these "noob" tactics. I simply look introspectively on how I could of done better, and then do so.

You only learn from experience.
    Juutas
    Juutas
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Juutas Thu May 02, 2013 4:55 pm

All I was ever saying was WHY is something considered tryhard and these things are considered tryhard because they are way easier to execute and overhelm your opponent with them than it is to counter (also can be read as over powered).

Is spear impossible to counter? No.
    Is it way harder to counter than most of the weapons in the game? Yes.
    Thus it is considered tryhard. That's all there is to it.

Can we end this topic now mmm? we all are starting to make pretty bad atmosphere over this event with this ramble, since everyone seem to have strong opinions on this
    Battle for DkS II Tournament - Who's The Strongest (XBOX360) (COMPLETED) - Page 16 3358384175

I would actually be up for not banning anything in this tournament at this point and seeing how it goes, because I have some faith in people in this forum and I just frankly don't care about winning, I care about good fights. We just got little side-tracked here~
    xRamenatorx
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by xRamenatorx Thu May 02, 2013 6:44 pm

Well said juutas
    Brokewilly
    Brokewilly
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Brokewilly Thu May 02, 2013 8:02 pm

@ Juutas Prostration

We all know different people have different opinions on all topics related to this games just as it is in real life. The rules are to simply create a fighting atmosphere in which hopefully skill and knowledge of the game will win the day.

Everyone lets just sit back, chill and enjoy the ride. There is nothing about this tourney to get too worked-up about. I want us to do this for the fun and love of the game.

Additional updates to the top post will be made in the next couple days - planning is moving along smoothly.
    User1
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Post by User1 Thu May 02, 2013 8:56 pm

The OP says sl120 to 140, but would it be ok for me to show up with my sl80?
    Brokewilly
    Brokewilly
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Brokewilly Thu May 02, 2013 9:19 pm

RenegadeCop wrote:The OP says sl120 to 140, but would it be ok for me to show up with my sl80?

Hey - go for it bro - if u r comfortable using an SL80 then I'm cool with it. What type of build is it? Maybe we can get a few rounds in soon - I have an SL84 STR build that is ready for some pit time happy .
    User1
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Post by User1 Thu May 02, 2013 9:29 pm

http://mmdks.com/25sm
    Exact build.
    Will have to swap out the Hornet Ring though when needed to.

Last edited by RenegadeCop on Thu May 02, 2013 9:55 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Real exact build now. Trufax.)
    Latitoast
    Latitoast
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Latitoast Thu May 02, 2013 9:48 pm

You have magic, but no catalyst

wat
    User1
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Post by User1 Thu May 02, 2013 9:53 pm

Oh yes, I must have forgotten.
    Got to show off that swag Logan's.
    Brokewilly
    Brokewilly
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Brokewilly Fri May 03, 2013 12:47 pm

RenegadeCop wrote:http://mmdks.com/25sm
    Exact build.
    Will have to swap out the Hornet Ring though when needed to.

I have no problem with u using the HR when we do our set-up duels in the pit but HR is not allowed during the tourney.

Hopefully we will be able to get some time in the pit this weekend. I should be on tonight for a few hours - I am on US EST.

White Knight Wulf
    White Knight Wulf
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by White Knight Wulf Fri May 03, 2013 6:17 pm

Yo broke who do u think I should use Wulf or Eva-chan. Ur the only one here that seen Eva-chan so
    Brokewilly
    Brokewilly
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Brokewilly Fri May 03, 2013 6:22 pm

Wolfof Phyrexia wrote:Yo broke who do u think I should use Wulf or Eva-chan. Ur the only one here that seen Eva-chan so

Ur lethal with both builds twisted . U may want use Eva to see if she (I think that build is a she??? - memory is starting to fade with age lol! ) can bring home the bacon happy . Hopefully I will be able to get a couple of hours of playing time tonight - I'll PM u if I see ur on so we can dance a bit under the pale moonlight.
    User1
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Post by User1 Fri May 03, 2013 6:33 pm

Yo Broke, I'm going on now, do you want to shoot me a friend request?
    White Knight Wulf
    White Knight Wulf
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by White Knight Wulf Sun May 05, 2013 10:36 pm

Rawr
    Brokewilly
    Brokewilly
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Brokewilly Mon May 06, 2013 10:33 am

Ok - people. I was not able to do much in regards to the tourny this weekend - just too dang busy. This week I will be updating the top post with date of the tourney and adding a couple of confirmed players (Renegade don't worry I got u bro) to team rosters. Hopefully I will be able to catch up to some players who I believe are still interested. Were almost there folks.

@Wolf - going to be doing mucho PvP this week. I will try to contact players who have shown interest so we can have a bit of fun under the pale moonlight. Any confirmed combatants are always welcome. If you see either Wolf or I on-line in the next few days just give a shout and we can go ham in the pit.

@Juutas - hopefully u will be able to join in on one of the pit sessions this week. I really need more practice fighting against ur unlocked play style - its freaking wicked. Nuff respectBattle for DkS II Tournament - Who's The Strongest (XBOX360) (COMPLETED) - Page 16 945058907!!
    User1
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Post by User1 Mon May 06, 2013 10:57 am

Yay!
    I've been gotten!
    So, when are you up for that fight? I've got my character to sl93 now, not just a mere sl80 anymore. 8)
    Phoenix Rising
    Phoenix Rising
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Phoenix Rising Mon May 06, 2013 1:37 pm

I'll hang out in the pit over the next few days. Fights always seem to be more interesting down there than in the township anyway. Battle for DkS II Tournament - Who's The Strongest (XBOX360) (COMPLETED) - Page 16 3358384175
    User1
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Post by User1 Mon May 06, 2013 1:40 pm

Are you challenging me? silly
    I would actually quite like to fight you.
    Phoenix Rising
    Phoenix Rising
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Phoenix Rising Mon May 06, 2013 1:47 pm

RenegadeCop wrote:Are you challenging me? silly
    I would actually quite like to fight you.

Sounds good to me!

Wait...are you challenging ME? :suspect:
    User1
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Post by User1 Mon May 06, 2013 1:48 pm

Yep, I am.
    Bring it! Well What is it
    Phoenix Rising
    Phoenix Rising
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Phoenix Rising Mon May 06, 2013 1:52 pm

RenegadeCop wrote:Yep, I am.
    Bring it! Battle for DkS II Tournament - Who's The Strongest (XBOX360) (COMPLETED) - Page 16 3596227959

Alrighty...it will be brought...Battle for DkS II Tournament - Who's The Strongest (XBOX360) (COMPLETED) - Page 16 3596227959

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:29 am