Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+37
Hugh_G_Johnson
Marino.
Ashran
ComaPrison
Peaceful Wollyhop
Carphil
Villain1
Sentiel
psychichobo
FlorisFreakshow
befowler
Odinbear
Oh_the_Humanity
Forum Pirate
Shakie666
Onion Knight
RedderAI
Hydreigon11
hey its andres
Kyōkai
fujiphoenix
Samurainova
GrinTwist
Animaaal
Flankydizzle
moomootv
BLA1NE
passivefamiliar
skarekrow13
Nybbles
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
Aznul
tinypantha
The Letter X
reim0027
WyrmHero
DianaDieHard
41 posters

Dark Souls Without Backstabs

DianaDieHard
    DianaDieHard
    Casual
    Casual

Dark Souls Without Backstabs - Page 9 Empty Re: Dark Souls Without Backstabs

Post by DianaDieHard Fri Feb 08, 2013 5:34 pm

Thanks for all of your opinions happy
    Animaaal
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Animaaal Fri Feb 08, 2013 7:55 pm

DianaDieHard wrote:Thanks for all of your opinions happy

Awww dang, well thanks for being such a gracious host. I wall texted hard a couple times, thanks for that.

I act like an excited :mask-child: sometimes lol.

You have patience like a :mask-mother: big grin +1
    theblindfultruth

Post by theblindfultruth Mon Feb 11, 2013 2:44 am

First of all, I say hello to you all as I'm a new member.
    Now on to backstabbing. Yes, it's very annoying at times but so are the WoG users as well as the "I'm going to attack while you bow" invaders. Agreeing with [color=blue][passivefamiliar/color], it's part of the game but should have a smaller window, since From has nerfed other aspects of the game.

That being said, in any fight, being real or in-game, the drive to win can super-cede any measure of fairness and there have been times when many of us have resorted to spamming out of desperation. Like an ideal, the exploits will always be there for someone to over use.

Animaaal
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Animaaal Mon Feb 11, 2013 2:53 am

theblindfultruth wrote:First of all, I say hello to you all as I'm a new member.
    Now on to backstabbing. Yes, it's very annoying at times but so are the WoG users as well as the "I'm going to attack while you bow" invaders. Agreeing with [color=blue][passivefamiliar/color], it's part of the game but should have a smaller window, since From has nerfed other aspects of the game.

That being said, in any fight, being real or in-game, the drive to win can super-cede any measure of fairness and there have been times when many of us have resorted to spamming out of desperation. Like an ideal, the exploits will always be there for someone to over use.

Hey man, welcome to the forums. cheers

If you dont mind me asking, why would shrinking the hitbox window be relative to other nerfs FROM has patched? Its an interesting point and I havent thought about the relation is all.
    hey its andres
    hey its andres
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by hey its andres Mon Feb 11, 2013 10:37 pm

WoG is not that bad if it is sneaked into combat when least expected. It's rewarding to see people run at you after you swing and miss only to watch them go flying because they let their guard down. BSs on the other hand are pretty much expected in every non-duel fight.
    theblindfultruth

Post by theblindfultruth Wed Feb 13, 2013 4:10 am

Animaaal wrote:
    theblindfultruth wrote:First of all, I say hello to you all as I'm a new member.

Hey man, welcome to the forums. cheers

If you dont mind me asking, why would shrinking the hitbox window be relative to other nerfs FROM has patched? Its an interesting point and I havent thought about the relation is all.

Thanks for the welcome. I don't mind answering the question or any other at that so feel free to ask.
    The patches From Software has released have all been aimed for one purpose...to make DkS a more challenging experience. They've nerfed weapon stats, negatively/positively tweaked equipment attributes, and increased enemy hp. Let's be honest. Increased HP only drags the fight out. Tweaked attributes of equipment can be compensated for, and nerfed weapons stats drag out the fight even more. It's this relation of patches and challenge, that I draw the comment I've previously posted. Come on, these patches don't change the fact that you can BS the living soul out of someone, effectively crippling the challenge. Take that dependency away.
    In saying that, why not create a patch that affects more the dynamics of combat rather than strengthening/weakening combat itself? Would you agree that it would change the entire aspect of combat when a BS's damage and hit window is based on Dexterity level (small, slow scaling to prevent the quick increase to peak BS potential), as well as the type and size of the weapon? In this way, the spamming can be minimized, physical counters could be realistically realized due to BS situation(a great-sword having a smaller window than a dagger due to its weight and size, therefore requiring a faster input. This is much like the parry system that shields have. The dagger wielding player could cancel out the back stab due to faster attack),
    In this sense, the nerf that a patch of this design would increase difficulty( as the previous patches aimed to have done) by forcing the player to keep from relying on the BS and prevent them from backstabbing their way through PVP's, PVE's. The hitbox is smaller and an increase of difficulty is achieved due to this nerf patch.

I hope this answers your question. I apologize in advance if it doesn't answer the question as it made sense in my brain haha.

BIG TIME MASTER
    BIG TIME MASTER
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by BIG TIME MASTER Wed Feb 13, 2013 4:25 am

You guys think the developers at FROM are probably having the exact same conversation between them?

I do, or at least they probably did. Hopefully they have it worked out by now.
    hey its andres
    hey its andres
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by hey its andres Wed Feb 13, 2013 3:09 pm

BIG TIME MASTER wrote:You guys think the developers at FROM are probably having the exact same conversation between them?

Nah, they're going out to parties getting laid because Dark Souls is so awesome.

Here's an idea: why don't they just add a special BS parry. It would be something with a spin animation or something and if you made that easier than the parry (easier not easy) then it would be a good counter without removing a necessary mechanic.
    theblindfultruth

Post by theblindfultruth Wed Feb 13, 2013 4:06 pm

hey its andres wrote:
    BIG TIME MASTER wrote:You guys think the developers at FROM are probably having the exact same conversation between them?

Nah, they're going out to parties getting laid because Dark Souls is so awesome.

Here's an idea: why don't they just add a special BS parry. It would be something with a spin animation or something and if you made that easier than the parry (easier not easy) then it would be a good counter without removing a necessary mechanic.

I agree. It's a very simple, but also an ideal concept
    Samurainova
    Samurainova
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Samurainova Wed Feb 13, 2013 5:53 pm

I dont thibk you can just add something like that.....
    Nybbles
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Nybbles Wed Feb 13, 2013 6:21 pm

the easiest patch would be to make them escapable with a well timed roll. that way, theoretically, you could only catch someone in a backstab if they were locked in an animation or out of stamina … or lag. i would also like to see some i-frames on the wake-up after being hit by a backstab to prevent bs chains.
    Samurainova
    Samurainova
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Samurainova Wed Feb 13, 2013 6:47 pm

Backstab chains are already obsolete on xbox
    bob90
    bob90
    Casual
    Casual

Post by bob90 Thu Feb 14, 2013 12:19 pm

Hello guys

well backstab... yea you all know about this.

but it is a part of the game and playstyle also. so learn how to defend urself against that or learn how to backstab to be not in disadvantage.

not your enemys fault if you turn ur back to him or let him get you.

i had tons of backstabs in my career as pvper even noobs could backstab me.

the most thing you guys hate or dont like could also save ur life dont forget!

Samurainova
    Samurainova
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Samurainova Thu Feb 14, 2013 12:46 pm

Bob makes a valid point. I shall grant you your first rep point good sir.
    Hallsey
    Hallsey
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Hallsey Thu Feb 14, 2013 9:07 pm

the signature says it all (if u can read it)
    Samurainova
    Samurainova
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Samurainova Mon May 20, 2013 12:22 pm

Huh, did this pot become open again?
    Shakie666
    Shakie666
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Shakie666 Mon May 20, 2013 1:06 pm

Dark Souls Without Backstabs - Page 9 ThreadNecro
    hey its andres
    hey its andres
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by hey its andres Tue May 21, 2013 12:42 am

Dark Souls Without Backstabs - Page 9 E270bf9e

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 3:20 pm