Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+10
Rifter7
Uparkaam
bunnywink
reim0027
Sentiel
Automancer
DoughGuy
Tolvo
Serious_Much
Cabjoy
14 posters

Will forum goers come back to Dark Souls if Dark Souls 2 is a flop?

Cabjoy
    Cabjoy
    Addicted
    Addicted

Will forum goers come back to Dark Souls if Dark Souls 2 is a flop? Empty Will forum goers come back to Dark Souls if Dark Souls 2 is a flop?

Post by Cabjoy Mon Dec 10, 2012 5:11 am

Hi guys,

I'm very much a fighting game fan, playing series like King of Fighters or Street Fighter regularly.
    In the fighting game community, if updated versions of games or sequels to games don't satisfy the players then older games are revisited. As for me, I don't like Street Fighter's latest series, SFIV, yet I still LOVE Super Street Fighter 2 Turbo and still play it.

My question to you guys is, if the gameplay and PvP section of this sequel doesn't quite cut it for you guys, do you think you'll go back to Dark Souls or do you think you'll move on from the series for good? Since this game is and action RPG and there's stuff to do other than just fight, I was wondering if this would get similar treatment to a lot of fighting game series or if everyone will just move on.

Let me hear your opinion! happy

Last edited by Cabjoy on Tue Dec 11, 2012 2:39 am; edited 1 time in total
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Will forum goers come back to Dark Souls if Dark Souls 2 is a flop? Empty Re: Will forum goers come back to Dark Souls if Dark Souls 2 is a flop?

Post by Serious_Much Mon Dec 10, 2012 6:07 am

I hated final fantasy xiii, and I still play the old ones, so yeah I guess I will play older souls, but might get permanently put off souls if dks2 is bad
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Will forum goers come back to Dark Souls if Dark Souls 2 is a flop? Empty Re: Will forum goers come back to Dark Souls if Dark Souls 2 is a flop?

Post by Tolvo Mon Dec 10, 2012 6:26 am

Probably, Dark Souls doesn't require servers so it can exist as long as people have copies, the PSN exists, and I have an internet connection.
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Mon Dec 10, 2012 7:22 am

The DkS pvp will not die due to p2p. Even with the lag the ability to play cross server will mean even if DkS 2 is a success people will still play 1 to play friends.
    Automancer
    Automancer
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Automancer Mon Dec 10, 2012 8:12 am

I'll give it a try, that's for sure. Even if i'm won't be satisfied by the single-player experience, if the PvP or co-op remains relatively similar, i'll be sticking around. This forum has gotten me hooked on PvP
    Sentiel
    Sentiel
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Sentiel Mon Dec 10, 2012 8:16 am

Serious_Much wrote:I hated final fantasy xiii, and I still play the old ones, so yeah I guess I will play older souls, but might get permanently put off souls if dks2 is bad
    Exactly my opinion.
    Deserves a +. happy
    reim0027
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 Mon Dec 10, 2012 2:55 pm

I'll probably go back to DkS. But, maybe even DeS if need be.
    bunnywink
    bunnywink
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Location : Second star to the right and straight on 'til morning!

Post by bunnywink Mon Dec 10, 2012 3:08 pm

I would give Dark Souls 2 a chance. When a game is awful, it's the people you play with that make it enjoyable. Even if I'm not entirely happy with the game... if I am still able to duel and coop with the people I like, then I will be happy. :o

EDIT: Apparently I need a long ladder to reach the point that went completely over my head! I would go back to Dark Souls so long as my friends are available to play. If everybody leaves the Souls series completely because they are put off by DkS2, I'll be very sad!
    Uparkaam
    Uparkaam
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Uparkaam Mon Dec 10, 2012 3:12 pm

I'll still be playing DkS even after DkS2.
    Rifter7
    Rifter7
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Rifter7 Mon Dec 10, 2012 9:46 pm

how bad are we talking?
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by Soris Ice Goldwing Mon Dec 10, 2012 9:55 pm

While I do not think From can mess up the gameplay, if the game does turn out bad I'll head back to Dark Souls to do what I'm already doing: anything. However I will give Dark Souls 2 a chance even if it's bad. After all, we will have to show the newcomers how this series PvP is done right: No messing around.
    Noob-of-Artorias
    Noob-of-Artorias
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Noob-of-Artorias Mon Dec 10, 2012 11:12 pm

Rifter7 wrote:how bad are we talking?
    It would have to be Rob Schneider Terrible before I'd just permaquit a series.

Hell, MW3 happened, and I still bought Black Ops 2...which thank god isn't nearly as bad.
    Onion Knight
    Onion Knight
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Onion Knight Mon Dec 10, 2012 11:15 pm

No gameplay footage or even any knowledge at all other than who the members of the development team are and everyone here and over the internet already has their review scores out.
    Oh the humanity...

Last edited by Onion Knight on Mon Dec 10, 2012 11:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
    bunnywink
    bunnywink
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Location : Second star to the right and straight on 'til morning!

Post by bunnywink Mon Dec 10, 2012 11:15 pm

Noob-of-Artorias wrote:

Hell, MW3 happened, and I still bought Black Ops 2...which thank god isn't nearly as bad.

Really? Because I hated MW3 and it put me off from buying Black Ops 2... But if it's anything like Black Ops and nothing like MW3, I might just get it. I think I need a break anyway. :|
    Noob-of-Artorias
    Noob-of-Artorias
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Noob-of-Artorias Mon Dec 10, 2012 11:25 pm

bunnywink wrote:
    Noob-of-Artorias wrote:

Really? Because I hated MW3 and it put me off from buying Black Ops 2... But if it's anything like Black Ops and nothing like MW3, I might just get it. I think I need a break anyway. :|
    I'd actually say that Black Ops 2 is the best since CoD4.

There's some slight weapon imbalance (as there is in any competitive game) but the map design is much better than either Blops 1 or MW3.

That and Zombies is a ton of fun.
    Cabjoy
    Cabjoy
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Cabjoy Tue Dec 11, 2012 2:37 am

Onion Knight wrote:No gameplay footage or even any knowledge at all other than who the members of the development team are and everyone here and over the internet already has their review scores out.
    Oh the humanity...

You've missed the point of what I was saying. All I was asking is that, if the gameplay didn't feel the way you guys like it, and PvP didn't catch on so well would DkS get a scene playing the game again or would competition die off. I wasn't suggesting that DkS2 will be bad in any way.
    Saturday-Saint
    Saturday-Saint
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Saturday-Saint Tue Dec 11, 2012 4:33 am

I'll go back to Demon's Souls if I bother playing Souls games at all.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:46 pm