Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+39
Maneater_Mildred
N_Raist
Joichiro
Serious_Much
Glutebrah
ARSP
Tolvo
Ghadis_God
Federally
Jansports
DoughGuy
VeranoChico
Forum Pirate
Baiulus
Rifter7
swordiris
lextune
lordgodofhell
Rin
JohnnyHarpoon
ParasiticEve
DarkW17
reim0027
Gaxe
FruitPunchNinja
robsthedon
RANT
cloudyeki
isthefridge
Gazman0169
Anchises
Tristan
Swiftie
omega Elf
Idoloni_Belli
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
Heroez Blade
Domassus
martyrsbrigade99
43 posters

Sick of the Dark Wood Grain Ring (DWGR)!!!

DarkW17
    DarkW17
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Sick of the Dark Wood Grain Ring (DWGR)!!! - Page 3 Empty Re: Sick of the Dark Wood Grain Ring (DWGR)!!!

Post by DarkW17 Sat Aug 11, 2012 4:59 pm

I myself don't look down on anyone for using the DWGR its there choice to use whatever ring they prefer...and I don't feel superior for not using it...with an evasive fighting style like I use I see no need to stack poise...once you get the timing down on a fast roll the I frames are very close!

I posted a video to try and show this mentality that it doesn't matter what you use it comes down to the players experience and skill lvl not what there ring selection is!

With everyone talking about the advantages of the DWGR I find it funny that no one talkes about the advantages of fast roll...using a fast roll great increases your roll attack speed so for a great club for instance a fast roll is much better...for a guy that like parrys a fast roll is also better since I can roll into them then roll again and parry there attack...with a DWGR you would still be flipping when I would be parrying!

Also when 2 people use a DWGR they can get in sequence with there movements...when I fast roll the spacing greatly changes so I feel I can get myself in better postion at times!

Also since I don't use it and use the RTSR instead you could stunlock me into oblivion with my 18 poise...but I would still be able to toggle escape so poise isn't that important to me...and once my RTSR triggers I can turn the tides of a fight with 1 well timed R2 attack and win!!

I say each to there own but don't say that everyone who is trying something different and going away from the DWGR feels they are superior man that's a bias opinion!!
    omega Elf
    omega Elf
    Addicted
    Addicted

Sick of the Dark Wood Grain Ring (DWGR)!!! - Page 3 Empty Re: Sick of the Dark Wood Grain Ring (DWGR)!!!

Post by omega Elf Sat Aug 11, 2012 5:21 pm

DarkW17 wrote:don't say that everyone who is trying something
    different and going away from the DWGR feels they are superior man
    that's a bias opinion!!

I said MANY players, come across to me that way (from reading their posts),
    perhaps 3 or 4 that I can think of.
    I did not say - EVERYONE using fast roll thinks their superior. That would be
    kind of a stupid generalization.
    Federally
    Federally
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Federally Sat Aug 11, 2012 5:30 pm

Martyrs i'd rather see a video of you being succesfull medium rolling
    Ghadis_God
    Ghadis_God
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Ghadis_God Sat Aug 11, 2012 5:44 pm

I'm trying to make do with fast roll more, since I've really realized how OP the dwgr is and how much I've relied on it in the past. I feel like I'll be better if I don't use it and stop relying on poise to not die. I won't judge people for using it though, I just feel like it messes with the experience and the balance to see people flipping around in heavy armor.
    omega Elf
    omega Elf
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by omega Elf Sat Aug 11, 2012 5:46 pm

Umbassa Zealot wrote:
    omega Elf wrote:It comes across to me, that many players who choose the fast roll option,
    they see themselves as somehow superior - that they look down upon their
    dwgr adversary's as somehow lesser than them for using this "crutch".

I'm not claiming the guy in this video feels this way, I don't know, I haven't
    watched the video, but their are certainly players that do suggest this.

I think it's stupid. By that mentality, I could go NO roll and assuming I could
    win fights, which is pretty easy using a weapon like the Claymore, I could
    claim I was the absolute s**t for not using ANY roll.

Just let players use whatever roll they like, it doesn't make you any less of
    a player based on which roll you use.

I'll personally stick with the dwgr, as I prefer the roll animation, the fact you
    don't make a loud thud every time you roll, it has better invincibility frames,
    allows for the use of better armors, have good poise, cover more distance...
    I just think it's all-around better, I mean, come on, whats not to like.

There seems to be a pattern around here... If you use a spell and/or any item (especially if you specialize in fth) and your opponent does not it tends to make you look like a noob. To me it's a childish way of thinking.

Your rep was -2 so I +1 you. Now it's 0(?). Reps I think are stupid.
    So you have +800 rep, and i have -18 rep, what does that prove?
    You rep4rep allot, or something, I would presume. Anyone care to
    rep4rep?.. Your opinions will matter... you will be respected amongst
    the community!!
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Sat Aug 11, 2012 5:52 pm

To be fair, if I am fighting a person with one arm behind my back and they barely defeat me, I will probably assume I was more skilled than them. Not superior personally, but that I was the better fighter you know? Why else did I feel the need to fight with my arm behind my back?
    ARSP
    ARSP
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by ARSP Sat Aug 11, 2012 5:56 pm

Truthfully Tolvo it is probrably insulting to fight someone while holding back because you make it seems like as though they are not worth the effort of putting in your all. I do my best in all my fights even if it is obvious that this person would not prove interesting. Then again I take pride when I am fighting and I make my opponent put everything into defeating me before they doe
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Sat Aug 11, 2012 5:59 pm

See I find it the opposite of the person isn't looking for such an intense fight. It feels overly aggressive for no reason if say you, invade a new player and just try to kill them as efficiently as possible. I try to match myself up evenly with my enemy, such as if I see the person isn't doing much damage and I have a buff, I'm going to switch weapons to unbuff it. I often keep my strongest weapon on back up, and use a weapon I enjoy more like a longsword for general fighting. Plus it adds an element of enjoyment for me to be running around with zero poise.
    omega Elf
    omega Elf
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by omega Elf Sat Aug 11, 2012 6:00 pm

Tolvo wrote:To be fair, if I am fighting a person with one arm behind my back and they barely defeat me, I will probably assume I was more skilled than them. Not superior personally, but that I was the better fighter you know? Why else did I feel the need to fight with my arm behind my back?

Superior/Better - same thing. Anyway, who's to say, their not better
    at fighting using fast roll. Your assuming dwgr automatically makes
    you a Dark Souls God.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Sat Aug 11, 2012 6:01 pm

If I'm fat rolling in full Havel's against a person using the DWGR, and I outmaneuver them, I'm probably better at fighting than they are.
    FruitPunchNinja
    FruitPunchNinja
    Revived
    Revived

Post by FruitPunchNinja Sat Aug 11, 2012 6:05 pm

Although i'm sure elf is referring to me, i don't think players who use dwgr(or anything in game for that matter) are worse players. It's just those players are not attempting to challenge themselves, which in turn usually leads to them being worse players. That is not always the case though, I have fought players with dwgr,mom mask, and 12 casts of wog that i thought for sure would be garbage without those things. When i challenged them to a bare bones fight though they flexed their gaming muscles and proved me wrong. It comes down to what you can do on an even playing field.
    Glutebrah
    Glutebrah
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Glutebrah Sat Aug 11, 2012 6:06 pm

if you removed DWGR from the game then everyone would complain about havels ring.
    Tristan
    Tristan
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Tristan Sat Aug 11, 2012 6:06 pm

omega Elf wrote:
    Umbassa Zealot wrote:
    omega Elf wrote:It comes across to me, that many players who choose the fast roll option,
    they see themselves as somehow superior - that they look down upon their
    dwgr adversary's as somehow lesser than them for using this "crutch".

I'm not claiming the guy in this video feels this way, I don't know, I haven't
    watched the video, but their are certainly players that do suggest this.

I think it's stupid. By that mentality, I could go NO roll and assuming I could
    win fights, which is pretty easy using a weapon like the Claymore, I could
    claim I was the absolute s**t for not using ANY roll.

Just let players use whatever roll they like, it doesn't make you any less of
    a player based on which roll you use.

I'll personally stick with the dwgr, as I prefer the roll animation, the fact you
    don't make a loud thud every time you roll, it has better invincibility frames,
    allows for the use of better armors, have good poise, cover more distance...
    I just think it's all-around better, I mean, come on, whats not to like.

There seems to be a pattern around here... If you use a spell and/or any item (especially if you specialize in fth) and your opponent does not it tends to make you look like a noob. To me it's a childish way of thinking.

Your rep was -2 so I +1 you. Now it's 0(?). Reps I think are stupid.
    So you have +800 rep, and i have -18 rep, what does that prove?
    You rep4rep allot, or something, I would presume. Anyone care to
    rep4rep?.. Your opinions will matter... you will be respected amongst
    the community!!

huh? rep4rep? If you are basing this off of the fact that I've given out 12 pos points and recieved 12 pos/neg points in total than no. It was unintentional. If you have neg points than apparently you aren't trustworthy enough to vote at all so I would have way more votes given if I hadn't been ninja'd by someone. I base my rep decision on carefully evaluating a persons participation, time spent on the forums, knowledge, politeness, and determination to help or be honest and respectful. It's kind of a complicated system I have come up with to determine if you deserve a pos or negative point. Most of the time though I won't even bother to post a negative point. I usually just ignore that person's statement. What is this about though?
    ARSP
    ARSP
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by ARSP Sat Aug 11, 2012 6:07 pm

I do use DWGR but mostly so I can run fast enough to keep up with lighter builds (I use Elite knight set +10 and Dragon Crest shield equipped with a balder side and a Darkmoon blade spell on hand). However DWGR isn't the only thing I use in my builds. And there are way of getting around that. Unlike fast rolling with DWGR when you roll your body never really leaves the ground so sweeping weapons help sometimes.
    FruitPunchNinja
    FruitPunchNinja
    Revived
    Revived

Post by FruitPunchNinja Sat Aug 11, 2012 6:08 pm

I disagree glute, and im sure others agree with me. Although i get what you mean, that people would just find something else to complain about. They already do complain about other things that most active pvpers feel are not problems. I do think that the majority of the community feels that dwgr should not be in the game though, you gotta admit it stands out like a sore thumb.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Sat Aug 11, 2012 6:10 pm

That's actually the main reason I use the DWGR in the forest, is so I can run faster. I need to be able to retreat and pressure enemies as fast as possible, as well avoiding BS is easier with faster mobility. But, I really only need it because everyone else is already using it for maximum run speed, if they didn't I could probably invade the forest fat rolling.
    Glutebrah
    Glutebrah
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Glutebrah Sat Aug 11, 2012 6:11 pm

FruitPunchNinja wrote:I disagree glute, and im sure others agree with me. Although i get what you mean, that people would just find something else to complain about. They already do complain about other things that most active pvpers feel are not problems. I do think that the majority of the community feels that dwgr should not be in the game though, you gotta admit it stands out like a sore thumb.

my point is there will always be "the strongest" and people will complain about that item, DWGR is powerful, twice as powerful as havels
    ARSP
    ARSP
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by ARSP Sat Aug 11, 2012 6:12 pm

Fat Rolling isn't bad at all in PVE only in PVP I fat rolled in PVP Early in my PVP Career I died a lot because someone would run around and backstab me (through my ribs)
    Tristan
    Tristan
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Tristan Sat Aug 11, 2012 6:13 pm

FruitPunchNinja wrote:I disagree glute, and im sure others agree with me. Although i get what you mean, that people would just find something else to complain about. They already do complain about other things that most active pvpers feel are not problems. I do think that the majority of the community feels that dwgr should not be in the game though, you gotta admit it stands out like a sore thumb.

I don't think removing the ring is a good idea. However they could just change it to the ninja flip ring like from DmS. It doesn't really change anything about the mechanics of the roll but it does allow you to flip.
    DarkW17
    DarkW17
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by DarkW17 Sat Aug 11, 2012 6:14 pm

Sorry Omega I should have worded that better but that was the tone you were bring across I know your not generalizing everyone my bad!!

All I'm trying to say is I don't feel at a disadvantge running my low poise fast roll RTSR build when I fight a DWGR user or anyone!
    FruitPunchNinja
    FruitPunchNinja
    Revived
    Revived

Post by FruitPunchNinja Sat Aug 11, 2012 6:16 pm

Not sure what ring from demon's souls you're referring to.
    omega Elf
    omega Elf
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by omega Elf Sat Aug 11, 2012 6:35 pm

Tolvo wrote:If I'm fat rolling in full Havel's against a person using the DWGR, and I outmaneuver them, I'm probably better at fighting than they are.

Can't you just decide, who was better, from the outcome of the fight?.
    Not by, deliberately going into a fight, handicapped (in your eyes),
    which really, should you lose, merely offers an excuse, from the fact,
    that perhaps you were outplayed.

And also, your opponents, them seeing, that you are so clearly
    handicapped (fat rolling), is it not out of the question, they are
    infact, going easy on you, in which case, any sense, you may
    have, of you being better, is actually false.
    Tristan
    Tristan
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Tristan Sat Aug 11, 2012 7:48 pm

It may not be a ring, but I know there is an item that makes you do a legitimate back flip in the game. Not the same as the DWGR flip.
    Jansports
    Jansports
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Jansports Sat Aug 11, 2012 8:12 pm

DarkW17 brings up an interesting point. There are certain rings who's benefits cannot directly compared to DWGR like we can with wolf/havel's (as the main draw of these rings is increasing burden/poise) such as RTSR or Hornets/Leo BDCR ect. It is hard to qualify the value of these things as they do not exist in a vaccum nor are they readily comparable.

@Fruitpunch. People who have the competitive drive will challenge themselves no matter what constraints (or lack there of) they put on themselves. Within the scope of the game any fight won without the use of glitches/bugs by whichever means is a success. If that's a fast rolling buffed great club so be it. Vit Gouged Ele Pole Giantmom flipper, Hornets Rapier. What have you.

I believe Elf (had he been referencing you) did so because of the exasperation you tend to express about Giantmoms DWGR et all and your habit of calling it a "crutch" I mean no ill will as I genuinely empathize with your exasperation with players who rather than take the time to improve themselves turn to optimized builds seeking an quick-fix advantage.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Sat Aug 11, 2012 8:16 pm

Elf, it's easy to tell if someone is trying or not, if they are trying to Roll BS me, WotG on a rise, kick into GC, and dead angle me. They are probably trying. If even then I manage to dodge the WotG with a fat roll, out pace them, and kill them in the end. I'm going to have to say I probably fought much better than them.

Frankly, after your admitting to have been trolling people it's sort of hard to really take anything you say seriously anymore Elf. So don't be surprised if I do indeed stop responding to your posts, because that is how it is coming off to me.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 7:37 pm