Are you religious?

    Share
    avatar
    Wade_Wilson
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

    Posts : 2021
    Reputation : 56
    Join date : 2012-01-17
    Age : 21
    Location : Northern Ireland

    Are you religious?

    Post by Wade_Wilson on Sun Apr 29, 2012 7:12 pm

    Are you religious, and do you believe in a particular God? Personally, I am not religious, and I don't believe in the existence of any God or Gods.

    Remember to keep this thread civil, people.
    avatar
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

    Posts : 14641
    Reputation : 287
    Join date : 2012-01-17
    Age : 24
    Location : The Dark Side of the Moon

    Re: Are you religious?

    Post by Serious_Much on Sun Apr 29, 2012 8:03 pm

    Irish and not religious?

    That's beyond unlikely silly


    _________________
    PSN and other stuff:
    PSN: HolyPK9 "You are free to sever the chains of fate that bind you"

    Sage Andarta, Founder of the Crystal Seekers; The Noble Knights

    Principal GremSay of the Karmatic Gremlin Gang

    Moderator of the Wiki Chatroom- Come join the fun  cheers

    PRAISE. THE. SUN. lol!
    avatar
    Wade_Wilson
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

    Posts : 2021
    Reputation : 56
    Join date : 2012-01-17
    Age : 21
    Location : Northern Ireland

    Re: Are you religious?

    Post by Wade_Wilson on Sun Apr 29, 2012 8:08 pm

    Serious_Much wrote:Irish and not religious?

    That's beyond unlikely silly

    Hey, its the south thats the weird religious place filled with leprechauns. Up here in the north, we're just assholes who bomb each other's cars with balaclavas on.
    avatar
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

    Posts : 10236
    Reputation : 410
    Join date : 2012-01-27
    Location : Ralph Wilson Stadium

    Re: Are you religious?

    Post by skarekrow13 on Sun Apr 29, 2012 8:35 pm

    I believe there's something more going on than what I can currently experience but have no desire to try to sort out.

    avatar
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

    Posts : 14641
    Reputation : 287
    Join date : 2012-01-17
    Age : 24
    Location : The Dark Side of the Moon

    Re: Are you religious?

    Post by Serious_Much on Sun Apr 29, 2012 8:39 pm

    Wade_Wilson wrote:
    Serious_Much wrote:Irish and not religious?

    That's beyond unlikely silly

    Hey, its the south thats the weird religious place filled with leprechauns. Up here in the north, we're just assholes who bomb each other's cars with balaclavas on.

    Well, thats not strictly the reason, but I guess it was a bit before our time..

    P.S. I have belief, but im not going to specify, I believe there's more than just what we can see or feel.


    _________________
    PSN and other stuff:
    PSN: HolyPK9 "You are free to sever the chains of fate that bind you"

    Sage Andarta, Founder of the Crystal Seekers; The Noble Knights

    Principal GremSay of the Karmatic Gremlin Gang

    Moderator of the Wiki Chatroom- Come join the fun  cheers

    PRAISE. THE. SUN. lol!
    avatar
    Carphil
    Chat Moderator

    Posts : 4921
    Reputation : 90
    Join date : 2012-01-17
    Age : 21
    Location : Brazil

    Re: Are you religious?

    Post by Carphil on Sun Apr 29, 2012 8:44 pm

    I believe in God, and my family is Catolic, but I don't believe in every every rule that is written. For me, we believe in what we want to believe. For instance, I'm catolic, but I feel in some way, that the moon is something more than just a satelite. Got my idea? Dificult to explain, but sometimes, even if there is nobody around, you can feel you are not completely alone there.


    _________________
    It may take a day or ten thousand years, but I will find her. This is a promise.

    I'm not the chosen one, I'm the one who chose to be more.

    Carphil_BR on PSN :bas:
    avatar
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

    Posts : 13287
    Reputation : 542
    Join date : 2012-02-01
    Age : 25
    Location : The Forest, Illinois

    Re: Are you religious?

    Post by Tolvo on Sun Apr 29, 2012 11:30 pm

    Carphil I want to see a church of Lunar Catholicism. You'll have a church with a pretty badass name.

    I don't like to specify my religious beliefs typically, but this community hasn't really steered me wrong before so I'll say it. Some of you probably guessed.

    I'm an irreligious atheistic agnostic whom which has no spiritual affiliations.

    Basically, you can't be more on the fence than me. My butt is chafed badly from doing so.


    Last edited by Tolvo on Tue Nov 20, 2012 10:31 am; edited 1 time in total
    avatar
    bloodpixel
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

    Posts : 1658
    Reputation : 65
    Join date : 2012-01-22

    Re: Are you religious?

    Post by bloodpixel on Sun Apr 29, 2012 11:32 pm

    I guess I'm an atheist.


    _________________
    avatar
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

    Posts : 11862
    Reputation : 319
    Join date : 2012-02-29
    Age : 23
    Location : The Bakery of Souls, Sydney

    Re: Are you religious?

    Post by DoughGuy on Sun Apr 29, 2012 11:46 pm

    I think you are the fence Tolvo. Ill post mine again - Best way to descrbe me is hardcore humanist. Its not that I believe in humanity OVER the divine, its that I believe humanity IS the divine.


    _________________
    There's more to them - Want to know why your favourite NPC is in lordran? Find out here.
    Farewell to my Noble Knights, while we lived we were mighty. May we meet again in the next game.
    The post that started the legend XD
    avatar
    Reaperfan
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

    Posts : 3008
    Reputation : 135
    Join date : 2012-01-17
    Age : 26
    Location : Canterlot

    Re: Are you religious?

    Post by Reaperfan on Sun Apr 29, 2012 11:53 pm

    I'm techincally a Methodist Christian, though it's harder for me to say that officially as time goes on. I don't really go to church anymore and I've never really even read the Bible beyond classes in Sunday School as a kid, so I'm not really dedicated to it. Despite not really being part of the practices anymore and having nothing but adamant atheists as friends, something at my very core won't let me say "there is no God." I've always believed that there is some single omnipotent being watching over us, and that there is a Heaven and Hell. I've never really concerned myself with the bigger thoughts and ideas beyond that, and basically just generalize the basic ideals of the religion to live by the code of "be a good person."


    _________________

    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." ~C.S. Lewis
    avatar
    Extertionist
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

    Posts : 569
    Reputation : 23
    Join date : 2012-04-22
    Location : Colorado

    Re: Are you religious?

    Post by Extertionist on Sun Apr 29, 2012 11:56 pm

    I'm somewhat educated in religion in general. I consider myself to be a mix of Buddhist and Satanist. Buddhist because I believe to accept whatever happens and move on. Satanist because it encourages questioning everything because commonly throughout religious mythos, satan is simply someone who argues against a position to make one see it the topic through all view points hence devil's advocate.


    _________________
    My updated Darkmoon assassin build.
    http://tinyurl.com/7tndsxa
    avatar
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

    Posts : 13287
    Reputation : 542
    Join date : 2012-02-01
    Age : 25
    Location : The Forest, Illinois

    Re: Are you religious?

    Post by Tolvo on Sun Apr 29, 2012 11:57 pm

    Just a bit curious, Laveyan Satanism?
    avatar
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

    Posts : 11862
    Reputation : 319
    Join date : 2012-02-29
    Age : 23
    Location : The Bakery of Souls, Sydney

    Re: Are you religious?

    Post by DoughGuy on Mon Apr 30, 2012 12:00 am

    Extertionist wrote:I'm somewhat educated in religion in general. I consider myself to be a mix of Buddhist and Satanist. Buddhist because I believe to accept whatever happens and move on. Satanist because it encourages questioning everything because commonly throughout religious mythos, satan is simply someone who argues against a position to make one see it the topic through all view points hence devil's advocate.

    I;ve come across this view of satanism before. Be very careful when talkking to christians though beause some react badly when you say "Im a satanist". That actually happened to the person who said it. he was talking to the wrong people.


    _________________
    There's more to them - Want to know why your favourite NPC is in lordran? Find out here.
    Farewell to my Noble Knights, while we lived we were mighty. May we meet again in the next game.
    The post that started the legend XD
    avatar
    Extertionist
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

    Posts : 569
    Reputation : 23
    Join date : 2012-04-22
    Location : Colorado

    Re: Are you religious?

    Post by Extertionist on Mon Apr 30, 2012 12:10 am

    That is honestly the first I've heard of it but after reading about it I would yes because I simply have different views on the world and those views to me are far better then the views of many believers.
    avatar
    Extertionist
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

    Posts : 569
    Reputation : 23
    Join date : 2012-04-22
    Location : Colorado

    Re: Are you religious?

    Post by Extertionist on Mon Apr 30, 2012 12:14 am

    DoughGuy wrote:
    Extertionist wrote:I'm somewhat educated in religion in general. I consider myself to be a mix of Buddhist and Satanist. Buddhist because I believe to accept whatever happens and move on. Satanist because it encourages questioning everything because commonly throughout religious mythos, satan is simply someone who argues against a position to make one see it the topic through all view points hence devil's advocate.

    I;ve come across this view of satanism before. Be very careful when talkking to christians though beause some react badly when you say "Im a satanist". That actually happened to the person who said it. he was talking to the wrong people.
    I hate to say it but I think many christians are a bit close minded when it comes to understanding religion. Like to me, most of them haven't bothered to view it beyond what the bible says and therefore a lot of them assume heretics are awful people who want nothing but evil.
    avatar
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

    Posts : 13287
    Reputation : 542
    Join date : 2012-02-01
    Age : 25
    Location : The Forest, Illinois

    Re: Are you religious?

    Post by Tolvo on Mon Apr 30, 2012 12:15 am

    Extertion, let's not single out any groups like that, remember this is just a light chat. Now if you just say, "Most people are close minded," that's fine but it's not nice to really single anyone out you know. Let's just do our best to keep the peace, religion is an easy topic for people to react negatively to, as it's such a big part of many.

    Yes Dough, I am the Fence.
    avatar
    Extertionist
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

    Posts : 569
    Reputation : 23
    Join date : 2012-04-22
    Location : Colorado

    Re: Are you religious?

    Post by Extertionist on Mon Apr 30, 2012 12:17 am

    Okay Tolvo. I think I best shut up now if I want to keep the peace.


    _________________
    My updated Darkmoon assassin build.
    http://tinyurl.com/7tndsxa
    avatar
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

    Posts : 13287
    Reputation : 542
    Join date : 2012-02-01
    Age : 25
    Location : The Forest, Illinois

    Re: Are you religious?

    Post by Tolvo on Mon Apr 30, 2012 12:19 am

    Knowing yourself is a very good trait actually, so don't think I don't appreciate what you are doing. It's the same reason I stay away from forums that talk about how great the Star Wars Prequels are.
    avatar
    Extertionist
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

    Posts : 569
    Reputation : 23
    Join date : 2012-04-22
    Location : Colorado

    Re: Are you religious?

    Post by Extertionist on Mon Apr 30, 2012 12:58 am

    You sir, should be a teacher.


    _________________
    My updated Darkmoon assassin build.
    http://tinyurl.com/7tndsxa
    avatar
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

    Posts : 13287
    Reputation : 542
    Join date : 2012-02-01
    Age : 25
    Location : The Forest, Illinois

    Re: Are you religious?

    Post by Tolvo on Mon Apr 30, 2012 12:59 am

    Thank you very much, I actually intend to become one. big grin

    I should probably stop with making this thread so off topic...Though we are in the proper section. lol
    avatar
    sonofartorias
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

    Posts : 530
    Reputation : 3
    Join date : 2012-04-28
    Age : 23
    Location : maine

    Re: Are you religious?

    Post by sonofartorias on Mon Apr 30, 2012 2:08 am

    atheistic


    _________________
    ALL BOW BEFORE THE RETURNING SON OF ARTORIAS

    i'm stealing your dead father
    http://prowrestlingspirit.proboards.com/
    avatar
    Railage
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

    Posts : 341
    Reputation : 6
    Join date : 2012-03-14
    Age : 25
    Location : Durant

    Re: Are you religious?

    Post by Railage on Mon Apr 30, 2012 2:28 am

    I'm a Christian.

    Saying that, I'm not going to burn anybody at the cross for being a homosexual or believing (or not) in anything else.


    _________________
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s0D_q5VEaJQ    Chevelle - Sleepwalking Elite
    avatar
    ViralEnsign_
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

    Posts : 7873
    Reputation : 136
    Join date : 2012-02-18
    Age : 24
    Location : The Executive Members Boardroom

    Re: Are you religious?

    Post by ViralEnsign_ on Mon Apr 30, 2012 2:38 am

    Wade_Wilson wrote:
    Serious_Much wrote:Irish and not religious?

    That's beyond unlikely silly

    Hey, its the south thats the weird religious place filled with leprechauns. Up here in the north, we're just assholes who bomb each other's cars with balaclavas on.

    Lol.

    Only if you count Fatalists as religious. Gotta believe in Fate. Well not really but its a nice reassuring concept that helps me rationalise everything **** that goes on.


    _________________




    PSN- ViralEnsign_

    [[11:09:53 p.m.] Robb "the Ensign_": The sexual tension is enough to blow wyrms head off
    [11:10:04 p.m.] Kwith: Woah.
    [11:10:08 p.m.] Kwith: ..Woah.
    [11:10:14 p.m.] Robb "the Ensign_": FATALITY!
    [11:10:16 p.m.] ◥▶_◀◤ TehInfamousAmos: AHAHAHAHAHAHA
    [11:10:19 p.m.] Tolvo: You want to see sexual tension.
    [11:10:20 p.m.] ◥▶_◀◤ TehInfamousAmos: BEASTIALITY
    avatar
    Quarik
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

    Posts : 1755
    Reputation : 19
    Join date : 2012-03-26
    Location : New Mombasa

    Re: Are you religious?

    Post by Quarik on Mon Apr 30, 2012 3:01 am

    I am... the fence a field over from Tolvo. I half believe in most religions. They're a very good way to manage people, and I think many of the ground rules (be a good person, etc) are great, but I absolutely do not believe in a higher power.


    _________________
    avatar
    True King Doran
    Addicted
    Addicted

    Posts : 172
    Reputation : 6
    Join date : 2012-04-10
    Location : Tallahassee, Florida

    Re: Are you religious?

    Post by True King Doran on Mon Apr 30, 2012 3:07 am

    I could go on for days about my beliefs, but it scales down to a few points:
    1) I think gods in the conventional sense are just misinterpreted understandings of alien life which are on an overall higher plane of existence, in terms of intellect, morals, technology, etc.
    2) I think said aliens influenced humanity under the guise of gods, but since we were so underdeveloped at the time, the masses couldn't understand the concept of "aliens" but rather decided to just consider them gods (Ancient Astronaut Theory)
    3) I believe worship is unnecesarry: it's all well and good to respect and love your parents, but constantly praising them and consciously attributing every quirk of nature and/or reality to them is just a waste of time. If you believe there is a god out there, great, but what good does it really do anyone to be constantly told how awesome they are? They just get a big ego, but apparently the divine have a thing for being worshipped.
    4) Finally, I believe that even if there ARE gods in the conventional Christian, Buddhist, Muslim, Rastafarian [does they even have gods?] sense, that they should forgive me for being skeptical of their existence. As omnipotent beings they should really, you know, make it more obvious that they are real and they control everything. After all, a god that punishes sinners for eternity simply because they were unsure which god to believe in, well i don't know if that's a god i would want to worship in the first place.
    Thanks Wade, because I freaking love sharing my views with other people, even thought everyone just thinks its batshit insane :cyclops:


    _________________
    PSN: Danny_827 (main)
    PSN: Alakazam827 (old)

    http://soulswiki.forumsrpg.com/t4448-the-new-priscilla-s-lifehunters-thread

    All hail Queen Priscilla, so powerful the gods themselves feared Her and could only banish Her to a cold and lonely painted world, but in this world we have found Her, and we will protect and worship Her for all eternity if need be. [Or at least until a new Souls games is released winking]

    Sponsored content

    Re: Are you religious?

    Post by Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Sat Aug 19, 2017 4:32 am