Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+38
goober0331
Slarg232
Minorino
TeeNyan
Garl_Vinland
GrinTwist
Hatsune Miku
Mr. Tart
BIG TIME MASTER
Onion Knight
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
Elite Knight
BartholomewWenceslas
vatar5
WyrmHero
Digitalyzed
DxV04
Darkson
Uparkaam
mugenis4real
User
Imarreteet23
Forum Pirate
ARSP
True King Doran
Quarik
ViralEnsign_
Railage
sonofartorias
Extertionist
Reaperfan
DoughGuy
bloodpixel
Tolvo
Carphil
skarekrow13
Serious_Much
Wade_Wilson
42 posters

Are you religious?

Railage
    Railage
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Are you religious? - Page 6 Empty Re: Are you religious?

Post by Railage Tue May 01, 2012 5:44 am

DoughGuy wrote: I think a lot of the bigger religions suffer from radical groups who ruin their image. Not entirely sure though.

I agree with that statement.
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Tue May 01, 2012 5:56 am

Aethism. Because I believe in striving to be what I consider a good person because I wish to, not for fear of punishment.
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Tue May 01, 2012 8:44 am

Forum, your views interest me, it's a shame I went to bed before I could ask you more last night.. Seems you aren't a 'typical' nihilist either.

Anyone else find it funny that cook's posts were like essays, I don't think he ever stops creatively writing silly
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Tue May 01, 2012 8:54 am

I noticed that. however he said he's doing psychology and philosiphy in the introduce yourself thread so it makes sense to me.
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Tue May 01, 2012 8:57 am

DoughGuy wrote:I noticed that. however he said he's doing psychology and philosiphy in the introduce yourself thread so it makes sense to me.

Well I'm glad he didn't bother calling me out on my psychological and theological knowledge which probably has a LOT of holes in it silly
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Tue May 01, 2012 9:40 am

The art of psychology is to act like the person is making lots of sense until they're completely exhausted of material. Then you rip them apart. I'm sure he's just waiting Serious.

Speaking of religion.....does anyone else hate those "My Karma ran over my Dogma" bumper stickers?
    User
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by User Tue May 01, 2012 10:22 am

Meh. Serious, you should understand that the knowledge of many always have loopholes of sorts, and those who are outside of such ideals usually find them confusing or off. Many ideals I have found are off to me, with different ideals seemingly missing something, or they have something that hurts the belief itself.

In my opinion religion is, of anything, artificial. Man made. Every religion, every belief, is made by man, and is kept alive by man alone. Different ideals and beliefs allow variety to bloom, in which is a quality of man... second to choice.

The ideals of religion, cults, and other forms are of the ideals of the essence, and even atheists and those of the non-religious people have their own belief in their mind, even if they are ignorant of such a fact. believing that their is no God, or that their is nothing of that kind of the world, is nonetheless a belief.

Let us be clear, religion in the old is not the same as the new. Religion was created for the purpose of control. The aspect of religion was used to make sure that those of the low and medium classes, and even the high classes, followed the ideals that have been set by the people who created the religion, and who also maintain it. Buddha, Catholics, Norse, Greek, and other religions follow such ideals, and such control of the mindset of many has helped those who are in trouble to search for answers they can not grasp... for better or worse. Religions show its artificial state, as many have changed from its originality. Looking at the Catholic and Christian ideals shows a good example, as the beliefs of this updated religion is not the same as the old in many cases, being light hearted more than it was in the old.

I don't have a problem with religions, as it is made by man. Man's variety and choice has allowed such religions, beliefs, and other forms to exist. Many have flaws, in which I have realized what the meaning of such beliefs are... I am not against such things existing, as it is part of human nature and the whole. However, I hope that some time in the future, I would see them removed for a belief that is more... beneficial, for all man.

DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Tue May 01, 2012 10:29 am

The best religion for man to believe in is a religion that all man shares. In that way Man will be united under this religion, we shall know peace and prosperity. That in honesty is my dream. To see one man, a man of ambition unite Earth under one flag.

"It takes a greater leap of faith to be an atheist, to believe there is no higher poewr, no higher goal in life, than it does to believe in God" - Just a quote I like.
    User
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by User Tue May 01, 2012 10:38 am

ugh... sorry Doughboy. your aspect of Hope was cute and heartwarming. unison of the whole... the ideals of reaching it seems to be destructive to Man's quality.

I despise, and I dread, the unison of the whole. Such unison would be a destruction of man's quality, which is variety. Such variety includes the form and essence of the being. From the different races, sex types, heights, widths, strengths, endurance... the forms are always different, and never the same unless it is truly artificial (clones or built artificial forms for the essences to live in).

The essence, however, is the most important. Such ideals leads to the ideals of leaders, followers, and lone wolves; constructors and destructors; peace and war... I love peace, and I love war. I cherish them both for what they represent. Arguments of War is wrong can be said that peace is also wrong, as such peace that is gained and maintained can be just as bad as why war is maintained and started as well, or even worse. Such peace and war allows different beings to shine, as the variety of both essence and form for each being allows them to shine at different times, as they have their own qualities... even if such qualities are of similar taste as another, it is NEVER the same.

I despise unison, as it gives a greater risk of danger to my god, Humanity. What were to happen if such unified whole had a philosophy that was flawed? What would happen if they refused to adapt to new dangers that arise, in which risks the extinction of man, as all follow it? The greatest quality of variety and seperation allows the ideals for different groups or individuals of the whol being able to survive from dangers greater than another, in which the strongest will survive. If all were to follow the same unified structure, it has a greater potential of all falling at risk and danger. if it was separated, the risk would be reduced to different groups that are unable to survive, while others have a better chance to do so. It is the same as evolution, the strongest and the most adaptable survive to change. If not, they have a great risk of extinction.

Uparkaam
    Uparkaam
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Uparkaam Tue May 01, 2012 2:03 pm

I'm an atheist.
    ARSP
    ARSP
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by ARSP Tue May 01, 2012 2:43 pm

There is strength not just in similarities but also in differences. I believe in common respect. We should respect each other's beliefs and decisions whether your God is God, buddha, Brahman, Baal, Satan, Allah, or black sprites that only gets used as bonfire fuel (JK) and I believe that or if you don't believe god exists at all. I think that we should have a healthy respect for each other (please note that respecting isn't agreeing with). That being said ere is my take on religion.
    When the world was formed it was mysterious and beautiful in early times. Early Humans have wondered where it came from. From there they believe that a higher being had created and controlled their world and lives (I personally believe that this is true don't argue with me on this. finish reading the post first). So they discovered (or as some of you guys believe invented) gods. Since humans are different and varied they have different ways of worshipping their gods. Some makes sacrifices, most pray. Religion I think was not to control the lower class. (I think the first members of the modern day middle class were called the burgoise I think) but rather for people to love and worship God/ higher power that had so much influence on their lives. Religion has been used and abused for those in charge to get what they want from the lower class ( The middle Catholic church, inquisition, the church had more power than some kingdoms or really just about any cult).

As for the question of whether there is a God or not there is a lot of evidence for and against the existence of God. The accepted theory today is that the Big Bang occurred and created the universe. This invites us to ask the question where did the big bang come from? Because everyone knows that you can't make something out of nothing (alchemists have been trying for centuries) and where did life come from? It is theorized that life came from primordial gases but how does on create living breathing creatures from objects? In the bible God said let there be light and there was light. I think the light was the big bang. My opinions aside if God did create everything thing. Who created God? Theological experts have yet to give an adequate answer but then so have scientists. Right now we know a whole lot of nothing and we have plenty of doubt. So I think that in the end people just accept what ever agrees with them the most. I believe in God. Others do not. Until a miracle of some sort happens then we will never know. Thank you for reading

Last edited by ARSP on Tue May 01, 2012 3:05 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Trying to not make my post sound like I am a idiot)
    Darkson
    Darkson
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Darkson Tue May 01, 2012 4:02 pm

Us humans tend to think into the wrong direction. Time has its direction, and so does space have its direction, from smaller systems being the "cause" and "reason" of bigger systems, which are also part of even bigger systems and so forth.

Our solar systems is (obviously) a system, our planet and it's nature is a system, the human body is a system, which is a system of systems of millions of systems of organisms, which are made of systems of systems of chemistry, atoms and whatnot and so forth.

Every system is a result of smaller systems working together in space and time.

Every working system exists because of coincidence. With infite time, and infite space, everything that is, is coincidence. Everything that is now exists because of infite space and time of evolution. Coincidentally formed Systems that are not able to "survive" will stop existing, other coincidental systems will remain (= concept of evolution).

It's only a question whether to exists or not exist. To be or not to be. big grin

But humans always feel like "there's gotta be some higher force who set the beginning". But for me this only leads to a lot more questions. A LOT of more questions. Infinite questions and contradictions, actually I'm in a hurry right now sorry, hope this all makes sense... so far silly
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Tue May 01, 2012 4:26 pm

ASRP just thought I should clarify, Buddha is a prophet not a god. Strict Buddhism is actually atheistic, however when you get Buddhists who also follow Hinduism/etc, then they are theistic Buddhists as Buddhism is an agnostic religion. Just thought I should clarify.
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Tue May 01, 2012 5:07 pm

Won't bother me serious, ask away.
    DxV04
    DxV04
    Revived
    Revived

Post by DxV04 Tue May 01, 2012 5:29 pm

I believe that there are other dimesions. What lies in those dimensions is what we attempt to classify under religion.

I consider my self not religious but spiritual.

Man is finite, once he dies he ceases to exist.

I will digress.
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Tue May 01, 2012 7:14 pm

@ARSP Once you consider that time is not absolute, that it may be possible to exist outside of time those questions become much easier to understand.

@Acidic While our current state may have variety there is a far higher chance of extinction with humanity fractured into its current parts compared to a united belief. Just look at North Korea. Now imagine a country like that only actually capable. Its only a matter of time before a radical group against enough power to challenge the superpowers and when that happens nuclear war will be a real possibility. Following a flawed belief or a loss of our variety is a fair price to pay for a higher chance at species survival. Maybe due to your beliefs that exchange isn't worth it but to me a united earth is worth anything.
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Tue May 01, 2012 7:45 pm

Humans as a species can't function without something to fight. I really don't buy a unified earth untill/unless there are life forms (ie aliens) to contend with.
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Tue May 01, 2012 8:03 pm

I believe we can hold out for a while. We do have a natural tendency to go to war however if someone were to conquer the world the sheer amount of war coupled with the massively decreased populaion would satiate us for a bit. Plus there would be rebeliion from desposed leaders who are now redundant wanting power back. There would be enough to keep us busy.
    Darkson
    Darkson
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Darkson Wed May 02, 2012 6:12 am

Dough and Pirate, indeed humans always feel the need to fight, and that's why there is the Fight Club. silly

(And games and sports and everything. And actual wars, obviously.)
    ARSP
    ARSP
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by ARSP Wed May 02, 2012 9:15 am

@doughguy Time probrably is infinte there may be a point when time is meaningless in the trillions of years later when all the stars in the universe explode and black holes eat everything and eventually collapse from lack of energy yes, Black Holes can die. Then there will be nothingness (according to scientists) time will go on but it will be meaningless.

Last edited by ARSP on Wed May 02, 2012 10:47 am; edited 1 time in total
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Wed May 02, 2012 9:21 am

@ARSP Im unsure as to what you're arguing against.
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Wed May 02, 2012 10:51 am

Think I'm gonna temporarily step away from this thread, the speculative nature is making my imagination go wild, not good for me silly

Last edited by Serious_Much on Wed May 02, 2012 11:08 am; edited 1 time in total
    ARSP
    ARSP
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by ARSP Wed May 02, 2012 10:54 am

I am getting too pissed off on this thread I am going to follow serious' route and back off. This will be the last post I make on this thread
    Darkson
    Darkson
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Darkson Wed May 02, 2012 12:23 pm

What is wrong with ARSP suddenly? :shock:

Oh, BTW silly time is defined as the change of conditions/matter. Space and time are tied together, one could not exist without the other. (Edit: Just because of the fact that they describe everything that exists.) Or in other words, it would be pointless talking about time when there is no matter anyways that could do anything/change condition...

imo.
    Digitalyzed
    Digitalyzed
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Digitalyzed Wed May 02, 2012 1:15 pm

While I believe the term can purvey an inability to make a choice, or to be on either side, I believe I would be classed under agnostic, or at most as a deist. I do not believe in an active god, or one that we can pray to or believe in, but I do question the start of the universe. I similarly find that death is another uncertainty, and cannot accept that we are simply "gone" after death (Maybe due to the fact that it's impossible to imagine not existing). There must be some form of heaven or afterlife for us, even if it is just your brain creating a perfect qorld for you, and continuing to function for however long a lifetime is in your world. I think the purely scientific belief that there is nothing after death is what leads people to fear it, whilst I hold no fear for what's on the other side, hence my projects.

Anyone got any intelligent debates about life and death they want to bring up? I'm rather bored right now...

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:19 pm