Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+38
goober0331
Slarg232
Minorino
TeeNyan
Garl_Vinland
GrinTwist
Hatsune Miku
Mr. Tart
BIG TIME MASTER
Onion Knight
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
Elite Knight
BartholomewWenceslas
vatar5
WyrmHero
Digitalyzed
DxV04
Darkson
Uparkaam
mugenis4real
User
Imarreteet23
Forum Pirate
ARSP
True King Doran
Quarik
ViralEnsign_
Railage
sonofartorias
Extertionist
Reaperfan
DoughGuy
bloodpixel
Tolvo
Carphil
skarekrow13
Serious_Much
Wade_Wilson
42 posters

Are you religious?

Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Are you religious? - Page 10 Empty Re: Are you religious?

Post by Tolvo Sun Nov 25, 2012 9:10 pm

While I don't believe it, perhaps if you die and come back you just forget what the afterlife was like. Maybe only your soul experiences it so when you return to your body, you don't have any memory of it or a way to express it. Who knows?

Dead people do.
    Emergence
    Emergence
    Sovereign
    Sovereign

Post by Emergence Sun Nov 25, 2012 9:17 pm

goober0331 wrote:Here ya go

Please keep this thread to an expression of one's own beliefs and not a forum for belittling others'.
    Ghadis_God
    Ghadis_God
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Ghadis_God Sun Nov 25, 2012 9:30 pm

I don't personally believe in a God, but I see the potential for a higher order to the universe that humans fail to perceive. Just think about a cat and calculus. No matter how smart a cat it is, the feline brain is simply incapable, by its structure, of perceiving the abstract relationships that are required to understand that level of order in the universe. Who's to say that we have the brain structure to understand the universe? A cat, like us, is limited by the things it can observe and think about: No matter how much you train a cat, it will never learn or understand math. We can reach the pinnacle of human understanding, but the human brain might be blind to some method of ordering the universe just as a cat is blind to mathematics.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Sun Nov 25, 2012 9:40 pm

It would be amusing if after all of the history there is, eventually "god" is contacted and it is done by robots left over after the fall of humanity, just curious and testing a wild and crazy theory.
    reim0027
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 Sun Nov 25, 2012 10:22 pm

I don't have faith, as a result, I'm not religious. I do respect other's beliefs as long as they don't negatively impact anyone else.
    goober0331
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by goober0331 Mon Nov 26, 2012 2:40 pm

Emergence wrote:
    goober0331 wrote:Here ya go

Please keep this thread to an expression of one's own beliefs and not a forum for belittling others'.

I did express my own beliefs, which is organized religion is completely and utterly destructive to human civilization.

Religion belittles by restraining, mutilating, and perverting the human species; however when I express this I am deemed a pariah while the Pope is the holiest man on Earth, even while he tells millions of Africans that condoms are worse than HIV/AIDS.

Completely and utterly hypocritical, and it shows the grand double standard that religion and anti religion have in human culture.

Ghadis_God
    Ghadis_God
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Ghadis_God Mon Nov 26, 2012 2:44 pm

Fair enough goober, but expressing your beliefs is different from insulting people and starting flamewars. I haven't seen any religious people talk about how atheism is destroying human civilization in this thread.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Mon Nov 26, 2012 2:48 pm

Goober there is a difference between expressing your atheistic beliefs, and expressing a hatred of those of other beliefs. That video seemed to be baiting a flame war. I'd suggest you check what the forum rules are.
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Mon Nov 26, 2012 3:38 pm

Having faith or belief and subscribing to a religious establishment are not necessarily synonymous. I think all said and done I'm more an agnostic than anything else. A few years ago I would have said atheist, and held a relatively flagrant negative perspective of anyone who did subscribe to such things, but since then I've not only become a lot more educated about a lot of different faiths, but things have happened in my life that have brought me faith in something more. I don't subscribe to any establishment in particular, but life has shown me that there's something out there that's bigger than me, or a collective us. For one thing I find it impossible to not believe in a form of the afterlife. I've had some experiences that have made it very difficult for me personally to dispute them. I've also found the philosophies of several eastern traditions to hold numerous beliefs that my personal knowledge of has helped me through some dark times. Taoism in particular is an absolutely beautiful philosophy, and without my awareness of it I don't think I would have adjusted as well to my putting my life back together after some pretty serious past mistakes as I have.

Buddhism too really.

All of that aside I think what Reim said sums up my perspective on organized religion pretty well. They're fine by me as long as they don't interfere with others believing what they feel is best.

You guys ever hear of the Perennial Philosophy? It's not technically a religious institution, but I find that pretty beautiful as well. That actually probably sums up my personal form of faith more than anything else.
    BIG TIME MASTER
    BIG TIME MASTER
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by BIG TIME MASTER Mon Nov 26, 2012 4:05 pm

I think we could all stand to benefit, regardless of our current faith or lack there-of, from a daily Praising of the Sun. You can do it morning, during your lunch break, or before you sleep, or all three times.

Benefits? Increased happiness, lifespan, feeling of well-being, feeling of belonging, increased flexibility in shoulders and back, radiant skin and a winning smile, improved vascular circulation, increased stamina, powerful libido, reduces back pain, fights cancer causing free radicals, improves vision, helps absorb vitamin D, a thick and lustrous mane, and many, many more.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:13 am