Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+28
Ghadis_God
Avenger649
Sentiel
The_Red_Drifter
TheMeInTeam
WaffleGuy
Halicarnassis
Myztyrio
JohnnyHarpoon
Uparkaam
billy_bayonet
roanispe
ResIsBestStat
wretchedsausage
Wilkinson3424
sparkly-twinkly-lizard
Jansports
Tolvo
SadPanda
StiffNipples
Soris Ice Goldwing
twigsterxd
Dusk Soul
KrazykevS10
Eko
RANT
steveswede
reim0027
32 posters

Who can create the most powerful fair low level build?

reim0027
    reim0027

Who can create the most powerful fair low level build? - Page 8 Empty Re: Who can create the most powerful fair low level build?

Post by reim0027 Thu Jun 06, 2013 9:32 am

Tiny and Cloranthy rings are now in. I got the permissions to edit the spreadsheet. I'll make the final changes. I'm not very creative. Any ideas for the name of this event? Otherwise, I'll just go with "The Low Level Invasion of Lordran Event."
    wretchedsausage
    wretchedsausage
    Addicted
    Addicted

Who can create the most powerful fair low level build? - Page 8 Empty Re: Who can create the most powerful fair low level build?

Post by wretchedsausage Thu Jun 06, 2013 9:34 am

Noob Education: Invasions 101

The Great Low-Level Caper

The Beginner's Guide to Invasions

Uparkaam
    Uparkaam
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Uparkaam Thu Jun 06, 2013 10:17 am

http://mmdks.com/2mk2

I might go with this build. Need to make a new PSN account though...
    Halicarnassis
    Halicarnassis
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Halicarnassis Thu Jun 06, 2013 10:18 am

@Wretched - mate, LOVE noob invasion education 101 (+1 mate)
    and ... yes a copy of poison mist is in the swamp. Night before last I did a run through of all the areas just to make sure what we could pick up. I killed Solaire and Siegmayer just to see. Siegmayer is probably too difficult for a noob; took me 4 riposte's (Morning Star +3) and 4 lightning spears (yes SL10 cleric 20 Faith and Sunbro Cov). I spent a flipping hour on him.. Took me back to those rage quit days with O&S soloing before went to summon for help the first time.. lol!
    Halicarnassis
    Halicarnassis
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Halicarnassis Thu Jun 06, 2013 10:21 am

Uparkaam wrote:http://mmdks.com/2mk2

Why the mace? The battle axe from the bandit does a bit more dmg, the morning star has bleed and the reinforced club has bleed and weighs a bit less too...
    Uparkaam
    Uparkaam
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Uparkaam Thu Jun 06, 2013 10:26 am

I like the looks of it. But I'll be using those other weapons too.
    Dusk Soul
    Dusk Soul
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Dusk Soul Thu Jun 06, 2013 10:39 am

Crap, I just remembered you get the Estoc in New Londo, seems I'll have to farm for a rapier ~_~
    Halicarnassis
    Halicarnassis
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Halicarnassis Thu Jun 06, 2013 10:46 am

Why farm when you can purchase one from the Undead Merchant for 600 souls?
    Dusk Soul
    Dusk Soul
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Dusk Soul Thu Jun 06, 2013 10:59 am

Because I didn't remember the merchant sold them, I usually just buy the bottomless box and the residence key. Thanks for the heads up.
    Ghadis_God
    Ghadis_God
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Ghadis_God Thu Jun 06, 2013 3:12 pm

wretchedsausage wrote:Sorry mate, but Poison Mist is out(acquired from Eingyi).

You find it with the Pyromancer set in the Btown swap. Toxic Mist is sold by Eingyl.
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by sparkly-twinkly-lizard Thu Jun 06, 2013 4:01 pm

http://mugenmonkey.com/darksouls/?c=363639765653084099

can i use the bone wheel shield please? though i guess i'll have to use a +5...
    Halicarnassis
    Halicarnassis
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Halicarnassis Thu Jun 06, 2013 5:10 pm

Sparkly thats a nice build but most of your equipment is not allowed.. sad
    Jansports
    Jansports
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Jansports Thu Jun 06, 2013 8:48 pm

http://mmdks.com/2mv6

I don't know if the Partizan or winged spear is better. They seem to be the same length when I was testing things, but I swear the winged spear looks longer sometimes. But the Partizan can dead angle fishers super easy. Of course there's room to switch weapons and stuff around but I think those Stats are my final decision.

Though I might make 2 builds if this will be a weekend long thing, and if so I'm going to go for the Zwei or large club.

@ The Estoc. If Rickert is an available merchant and the ghost blade is an available weapon it would stand to reason that the Estoc, which is just laying on the ground inbetween those two things should be allowed as well.
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by sparkly-twinkly-lizard Thu Jun 06, 2013 9:43 pm

this then?
    http://mugenmonkey.com/darksouls/?c=297391926259073267

i would believe that the depths and lower burg are allowable areas to get stuff... but if not then i'll just make a random great shield build at lvl 15 and not bother with the params of this thread and just go have fun on my own...
    Jansports
    Jansports
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Jansports Thu Jun 06, 2013 10:25 pm

Because Laurentis is allowed I don't see any reason why the depths would be off-limits, it only really has kirk's stuff and the sack; none of which seems super OP or anything.

Though I'm not sure about the stone set, we're not supposed to go behind the crest door or beat the hydra (it is possible to go the back way while the hydra is alive, however that's not something a new player would do and the whole point of the event is to have a build that a new player might realistically have)
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by sparkly-twinkly-lizard Thu Jun 06, 2013 11:23 pm

I guess my first run through dks wasn't average then... killed andre and got the crest for free... and since +5 normal is all that's allowed (no raw apparently) all I need from andre is the upgrade boxes and some titanite shards.
    reim0027
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 Thu Jun 06, 2013 11:35 pm

No to the bonewheel shield. I'd have to say no to the stone set too. That Hydra will kill you dead if you climb the ladder anyway.

As for the Depths being in, Kirk's sword isn't very powerful. You have the Spider Shield, and the Heavy Crossbow too, which does 5 more damage than the regular one. So, the Depths is ok too.

How about "Invasions 101: the Ultimate Low Level Invasion Event"?
    reim0027
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 Fri Jun 07, 2013 12:02 am

Ok. Spreadsheet updated. I changed Pyro Flame to +5 unascended. Getting it to +15 requires way too many souls than most people will have. And, I removed the heavy bash shields, and the Stone Giant Sword. I'll make the topic. Make sure you vet out the spreadsheet to make sure I didn't miss anything.
    Eko
    Eko
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Eko Fri Jun 07, 2013 12:19 am

When you create the new thread for this "Invasion of the Lowbies Event" can you link the spreadsheet and copy and paste the rules to it so that it's all condensed in one spot? "Invasion of the Lowbies" is the unofficial name I have given this event.
    reim0027
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 Fri Jun 07, 2013 12:29 am

Topic created, and I already did what you suggested. I like your name better. I'll adjust the topic title.
    wretchedsausage
    wretchedsausage
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by wretchedsausage Fri Jun 07, 2013 2:54 am

Thanks everybody who helped make this happen, especially Reim and StiffNipples. I'm glad this idea has become an awesome event, and I can't wait until I can get started.
    shadowzninjaz
    shadowzninjaz
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by shadowzninjaz Mon Jun 10, 2013 3:32 am

I would use a murakumo + 5 start as a warrior n put 6 points into str 2 hand mura so stronk
    TehInfamousAmos
    TehInfamousAmos
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by TehInfamousAmos Mon Jun 10, 2013 6:01 am

http://mmdks.com/2olc I guess would be considered fine. At range you have GSA for tonnes of damage. You can kick and get 3 slashes for about 400 damage per pop and you can obviously OHKO.
    Jansports
    Jansports
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Jansports Mon Jun 10, 2013 6:25 am

PW is out. Can't use it. can't use sanctus or dragon head either. In fact you should probably read the rules and/or the google doc.
    TehInfamousAmos
    TehInfamousAmos
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by TehInfamousAmos Mon Jun 10, 2013 6:36 am

Remove Sanctus + Dragon head... Wait but surely if lower BT is available then so is upper considering most new players go the Upper BT route making Iaito and weapons of the sort available - this would include PW.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:19 am