Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+118
Aigaios
Say Xbox Again
dalsio
Back Lot Basher
MikailArksot
SageOfToads123
Undiscovery
GaryBlevins
ChizFreak
Ghadis_God
Bassman Bob
PierreSBK71
retro
Marino.
TheMeInTeam
Mental Gear
Uparkaam
Latitoast
ScottyDoesKnow
Green__Eagle
StiffNipples
befowler
Jansports
TheGreatGrapsy
cerealaire
Wilkinson3424
chantienyee
Animaaal
Derpwraith
Hugh_G_Johnson
Soul of Stray Demon
Exequim
Emergence
Jester's Tears
Muker
Sentiel
Exclusive
IV_Mark_VI
wretchedsausage
sids__09
jimmyc0341
MosquitoPower
nopseudoidea
Laveidem
Ostrava34
Slarg232
drdrack
Raijinilli
SirArchmage
Dr__Awkward
DxTopham
Silver Knight
Akuro
DyingAce
Zyrrashijn
Raikan007
tonberryking01
bradthegas
SirPatrick
Hart
nines rodriguez
Tolvo
Argetlam350
LagStab
WaffleGuy
BrandBrandBrand
FinPeku
Kyuseishu
Walter_White
Gollumseverywhere
Mishrak
HereticForLife
Ichikuro
Ghoul
Werdax
PhlyingDutchman
TheDarkPygmy
RralIX
Demon Slayer
Marionx
DemonRider909
Encore
HazelrahFiver
KrazykevS10
Domhnall of Zena
The_Red_Drifter
VaDoom
GenericUsername
ublug
Seignar
DaemonNacht
Tchuwib
XuitusTheGreat
CaramelSouls
WandererReece
AnCapaillMor
A Fierce Plankton
Elifia
General Bale
Ezlare
Anonymous Proxy
Odinbear
Ashran
ResIsBestStat
XachAttack
Hue
Dibsville
ExplodingPenguin
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
hey its andres
Quarik
Djem
iiProdigyv
reim0027
Soris Ice Goldwing
Dusk Soul
User1
CarverUpqik
122 posters

Discoveries you only made recently.

hey its andres
    hey its andres
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Discoveries you only made recently. - Page 13 Empty Re: Discoveries you only made recently.

Post by hey its andres Tue May 21, 2013 12:51 am

Also note that Lautrec's summon sign is not by Solaire's, but rather, across from the second ladder in a hidden little spot.

I learned that not only do a lot of people on here like anime but they also have very good taste in anime if you do a strong attack followed by a quick attack it counts as a the second quick attack (if you hit once then follow up with another). This would make for some good combos :idea:
    Dibsville
    Dibsville
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Discoveries you only made recently. - Page 13 Empty Re: Discoveries you only made recently.

Post by Dibsville Tue May 21, 2013 12:56 am

hey its andres wrote:Also note that Lautrec's summon sign is not by Solaire's, but rather, across from the second ladder in a hidden little spot.

I learned that not only do a lot of people on here like anime but they also have very good taste in anime if you do a strong attack followed by a quick attack it counts as a the second quick attack (if you hit once then follow up with another). This would make for some good combos :idea:
    Also, if you do two strong attacks, then do a quick attack, the quick attack will be counted as the normal C type swing (Note that your weapon swings in an A-B-C-B-C-... pattern)
    Latitoast
    Latitoast
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Latitoast Tue May 21, 2013 12:59 am

Lautrec and his minions have an unlimited Fall Control buff in the invasion.

Lautrec and his minions also suck at fighting mages, because he got rekt.

I then sent him messages saying "get rekt" and "get gud scrub"
    Green__Eagle
    Green__Eagle
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Green__Eagle Tue May 21, 2013 8:17 am

I got a scare yesterday. I'm on ng+ shortbow only game and sniped the "wife" of the butcher in the Depths.She jumped down from her perch. I continued sniping the undead and the "guy" butcher. After everything but her was dead, I went looking for her. I could not find her. I opened the shortcut door, but I did not use it. I went back to where the butcher was and broke through the boxes and dropped down to fight the giant rat. I grabbed the Sewer Chamber Door key and rested at the bonfire.
    The "wife" of the butcher was standing by the Sewer Chamber Door! Freaked me out. I sniped her and continued to hit her as she advanced. She killed me; very little room to maneuver in that room.
    TheDarkPygmy
    TheDarkPygmy

Post by TheDarkPygmy Tue May 21, 2013 10:30 am

If you wear the Darkwraith set your death animation will be like the Darkwraith enemies' death animation.
    PhlyingDutchman
    PhlyingDutchman
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by PhlyingDutchman Tue May 21, 2013 11:00 am

On the PC version, if you open the GFWL menu to message someone after dying, but before the load screen, it holds you in the black and white world until you close the menu. Only after you close the menu does it send you back to the last bonfire. I didn't test it as an invader, but it definitely happened multiple times as a host. As a red phantom invader, it would be great if it works all the time; especially in the township, where you respawn as human (read:invade-able), but without your bloodstain!
    chantienyee
    chantienyee
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by chantienyee Tue May 21, 2013 1:13 pm

I had the same experience with the second butcher in one of my games -- freaked me out too!
    Odinbear
    Odinbear
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Location : Sitting here in limbo, but I know it won't be long. Sitting here in limbo, like a bird without a song. Well they're putting up resistance, but I know that my faith will lead me on. Sitting here in limbo, waiting for the dice to roll.

Post by Odinbear Tue May 21, 2013 10:30 pm

Nito has a grab and suck yer HP move. ( been mentioned, i'm sure)
    Elifia
    Elifia
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Elifia Tue May 21, 2013 11:56 pm

Odinbear wrote:Nito has a grab and suck yer HP move. ( been mentioned, i'm sure)

When he grabs you, spam R1-L1. It'll free you before you take any damage. Same thing for Centipede Demon.
    Dibsville
    Dibsville
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Post by Dibsville Tue May 21, 2013 11:57 pm

Great Soul Arrow is better than Dark Orb.
    Werdax
    Werdax
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Werdax Wed May 22, 2013 3:52 am

THOSE DAMN CHILDREN SCREAMS IN THE TOWNSHIP!
    God damnit! I have spent hours upon hours in the township, but only yesterday (when I was not PVPing) I noticed that every now and then, you can hear a bunch of children screaming horribly in a distance. It has haunted me ever since.
    Quarik
    Quarik
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Quarik Wed May 22, 2013 4:17 am

The music for Nito is really quite amazing, but I always finish the fight too quickly to notice any of it.
    AnCapaillMor
    AnCapaillMor
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by AnCapaillMor Wed May 22, 2013 5:08 am

Elifia wrote:
    Odinbear wrote:Nito has a grab and suck yer HP move. ( been mentioned, i'm sure)

When he grabs you, spam R1-L1. It'll free you before you take any damage. Same thing for Centipede Demon.

That i did not know, thanks.
    Hue
    Hue
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Hue Wed May 22, 2013 6:38 am

AnCapaillMor wrote:
    Elifia wrote:

That works with any grab attack that deals damage over time. (i.e. not Gwyn)
    AnCapaillMor
    AnCapaillMor
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by AnCapaillMor Wed May 22, 2013 6:43 am

Must try it on the creepy guy in work who hugs everyone.
    Odinbear
    Odinbear
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Location : Sitting here in limbo, but I know it won't be long. Sitting here in limbo, like a bird without a song. Well they're putting up resistance, but I know that my faith will lead me on. Sitting here in limbo, waiting for the dice to roll.

Post by Odinbear Wed May 22, 2013 8:44 am

AnCapaillMor wrote:
    Elifia wrote:

I'm guessing, not for Ornstein' s impaling attack, though. Great tip, I just froze, sayed, " wtf" or similar.
    reim0027
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 Wed May 22, 2013 9:20 am

Does that work for the annoying Ent grab too?
    Jester's Tears
    Jester's Tears
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Jester's Tears Wed May 22, 2013 10:21 am

Quiting the game, and reloading it up. Will reset every enemies Agro. And they will go back to thier normal placements.
    Good thing if you want the Elite Knight set without having Mother Fu*king Nature after you. Well What is it
    Dibsville
    Dibsville
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Post by Dibsville Wed May 22, 2013 11:11 am

reim0027 wrote:Does that work for the annoying Ent grab too?
    Yes, it works for anything with a grab attack.
    That includes Gaping Dragon, Ents, and above all others, mimics.
    befowler
    befowler

Post by befowler Wed May 22, 2013 11:22 am

Been messing around with a shield build (mostly crystal ring shield so far). Some observations:

-- Kick is replaced with a cool shield push move (not a bash) that seems to have a slightly wider hitbox. Also works 2-handed. Not sure if it is parryable but I think not.

-- R2 + directional leap attack has a unique slam sound effect that sounds like a garbage can lid hitting the ground

-- Charge move combines blocking with a backhanded swipe. So you can sprint at someone with your left handed shield up, then at the last second trigger the attack for your right hand shield and continue blocking while then dealing damage. If you are close enough, the charge move also appears to hit twice, first with the last moment of your charge, and then with the shield slam.

-- You get both increased melee damage and increased stability from 2-handing the shield. I am still testing whether you also get a 2handing bonus if you use the CRS's ranged disc attack -- you do seem to at least get counter damage with it.

-- shield builds are fun as heck
    Dibsville
    Dibsville
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Post by Dibsville Wed May 22, 2013 11:24 am

befowler, I can confirm that the kick is NOT parryable.
    Djem
    Djem
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Djem Wed May 22, 2013 9:44 pm

Removing the Covenant of Artorias while fighting the Four Kings will result in a special death animation. You get sucked by the blackness and make a weird sound. You also get a unique message after you revive. "You were taken by the abyss"

Here's a video of it:
    youtube.com/watch?v=xxvgRlXRflw
    Dusk Soul
    Dusk Soul
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Dusk Soul Wed May 22, 2013 11:08 pm

If you haven't killed the hydra in Darkroot basin, there are several places in the forest from which you can see it.
    Dibsville
    Dibsville
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Post by Dibsville Wed May 22, 2013 11:09 pm

And target it, strangely enough.

Not really a discovery, more of a realisation:
    Skeletons have the Demon's Souls moveset.
    Dusk Soul
    Dusk Soul
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Dusk Soul Wed May 22, 2013 11:12 pm

Wait whut? so could I kill it with a greatbow?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 3:12 pm