Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+118
Aigaios
Say Xbox Again
dalsio
Back Lot Basher
MikailArksot
SageOfToads123
Undiscovery
GaryBlevins
ChizFreak
Ghadis_God
Bassman Bob
PierreSBK71
retro
Marino.
TheMeInTeam
Mental Gear
Uparkaam
Latitoast
ScottyDoesKnow
Green__Eagle
StiffNipples
befowler
Jansports
TheGreatGrapsy
cerealaire
Wilkinson3424
chantienyee
Animaaal
Derpwraith
Hugh_G_Johnson
Soul of Stray Demon
Exequim
Emergence
Jester's Tears
Muker
Sentiel
Exclusive
IV_Mark_VI
wretchedsausage
sids__09
jimmyc0341
MosquitoPower
nopseudoidea
Laveidem
Ostrava34
Slarg232
drdrack
Raijinilli
SirArchmage
Dr__Awkward
DxTopham
Silver Knight
Akuro
DyingAce
Zyrrashijn
Raikan007
tonberryking01
bradthegas
SirPatrick
Hart
nines rodriguez
Tolvo
Argetlam350
LagStab
WaffleGuy
BrandBrandBrand
FinPeku
Kyuseishu
Walter_White
Gollumseverywhere
Mishrak
HereticForLife
Ichikuro
Ghoul
Werdax
PhlyingDutchman
TheDarkPygmy
RralIX
Demon Slayer
Marionx
DemonRider909
Encore
HazelrahFiver
KrazykevS10
Domhnall of Zena
The_Red_Drifter
VaDoom
GenericUsername
ublug
Seignar
DaemonNacht
Tchuwib
XuitusTheGreat
CaramelSouls
WandererReece
AnCapaillMor
A Fierce Plankton
Elifia
General Bale
Ezlare
Anonymous Proxy
Odinbear
Ashran
ResIsBestStat
XachAttack
Hue
Dibsville
ExplodingPenguin
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
hey its andres
Quarik
Djem
iiProdigyv
reim0027
Soris Ice Goldwing
Dusk Soul
User1
CarverUpqik
122 posters

Discoveries you only made recently.

befowler
    befowler

Discoveries you only made recently. - Page 12 Empty Re: Discoveries you only made recently.

Post by befowler Mon May 13, 2013 3:18 pm

If Manus beats up on Sif enough during the boss fight, Sif will start limping around like he does when you have to fight him in the forest.

Also, if you use undead rapport on mobs without helmets/visors, their eyes change color so you can tell which ones are under your control, and how long the spell lasts.

Finally, if you are gravelorded, all the gravelord BPs respawn if you quit and reload, even though all the regular mobs stay dead and you never touched a bonfire. They also respawn if you are summoned and then return back to your own world. The latter is particularly nasty if you were summoned out of an area you had already cleared, and didn't expect to be surrounded by BPs when you eventually made it back to your world.
    Encore
    Encore
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Location : Bracing myself for the Winds of Change, being supported by the towering pillars of my friends.

Discoveries you only made recently. - Page 12 Empty Re: Discoveries you only made recently.

Post by Encore Mon May 13, 2013 4:13 pm

I just found the souls item just before the crows nest in the asylum...
    DemonRider909
    DemonRider909
    Casual
    Casual

Post by DemonRider909 Tue May 14, 2013 4:37 am

I apologize if this has been posted before, but I was searching and couldn't find it anywhere. I read much about breakable walls, and the ability to break walls with a weapon. Well, the wall which hides Logan in Sen's Fortress does not need to be broken by redirecting the ball. The sleeping serpent man can break that wall with his sword if you direct his attack towards it. I have tested it, and it works every time. Just something to think over.
    Muker
    Muker
    Regular
    Regular

Post by Muker Thu May 16, 2013 3:49 am

1. Kirk's Sword can also do some adjacency damage?

Since I'm running with only heavy weapons, I took Kirk's Sword for bed of chaos figth.
    When I was rolling to get closer to the parasite thing I just killed it by rolling into it. Never had that happen before. It didn't work on the central one however.

After the figth I tried it on one of the chaos eaters and after few minutes of rolling around him I once did 1 damage to him.

(I had Kirk Sword, Artorias Shield, Tarkus Armour)

2.From my SL1 run
    You cannot hit the central parasite with Pyro Glove? I tried and missed about 6 times, than came the Firestorm, so I didn't try it again.
    Odinbear
    Odinbear
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Location : Sitting here in limbo, but I know it won't be long. Sitting here in limbo, like a bird without a song. Well they're putting up resistance, but I know that my faith will lead me on. Sitting here in limbo, waiting for the dice to roll.

Post by Odinbear Thu May 16, 2013 9:26 am

WandererReece wrote:
    AnCapaillMor wrote:Never coop'd the catacombs so don't know does the same count there.

It's the same there too. Divine weapons only work with the host. That's why almost everyone you summon in the catacombs don't have divine weapons.

Co-op and invader phantoms can't use Divine weapons? I'm confused. Y would this be?
    Hugh_G_Johnson
    Hugh_G_Johnson
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Hugh_G_Johnson Thu May 16, 2013 12:09 pm

A summon can use divine weapons. But when a phantom kills a skeleton with a divine weapon the skeleton will still resurrect if the appropriate necromancer is alive. So there's no reason for summons to use divine weapons in the catacombs or the Nito fight unless it's a part of their build.
    Marionx
    Marionx
    Addicted
    Addicted

Location : Locked away in the Undead Asylum or wandering Lordran.

Post by Marionx Thu May 16, 2013 2:16 pm

I don't know if this has been mentioned before, but in the Painted World of Ariamis, you can lure the four crow demons to the top of the building, where the dried finger is. Doing this will get you the Dark Ember and the Vow of Silence miracle without them ambushing you.

The crow demons are also susceptible to bleed.
    hey its andres
    hey its andres
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by hey its andres Fri May 17, 2013 1:48 am

Marionx wrote:The crow demons are also susceptible to bleed.

-and very susceptible to gravity.
    CarverUpqik
    CarverUpqik
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by CarverUpqik Fri May 17, 2013 2:15 am

i discovered that you can jump down to the lower burg from the upper burg its a huge pain though but you can use it to your advantage if you invade a gank squad
    hey its andres
    hey its andres
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by hey its andres Fri May 17, 2013 2:46 am

The problem with that jump is that if you do it while invaded then you're stuck there until the invader leaves. Although, I guess you could just wait for him to follow and kill him with his low health, but still. The jump is more useful if you want to get to the depths asap. Pyromancy anyone?
    chantienyee
    chantienyee
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by chantienyee Fri May 17, 2013 2:16 pm

I found out that you can roll-break boxes through walls. I was co-oping Taurus with my SL1 and kept rolling into the nook of the doorway that exits from that first room with 3 hollows.
    Marino.
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Marino. Sun May 19, 2013 6:29 pm

If you forget to pick up the Leo Ring from Ornstein and teleport away it's gone for good sad

I had to learn that the hard way
    Latitoast
    Latitoast
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Latitoast Sun May 19, 2013 6:42 pm

The Crestfallen Warrior is the smartest AI ever.

I went down to sippy in the area Lautrec sits at, and he backwards rolled off the side of Firelink Shrine.
    KrazykevS10
    KrazykevS10
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by KrazykevS10 Sun May 19, 2013 6:52 pm

Latitoast wrote:The Crestfallen Warrior is the smartest AI ever.

I went down to sippy in the area Lautrec sits at, and he backwards rolled off the side of Firelink Shrine.
    Hey,he's no joke.The guy parried me like a boss and took 9/10ths of my health.And that sums up what I learned.
    Encore
    Encore
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Location : Bracing myself for the Winds of Change, being supported by the towering pillars of my friends.

Post by Encore Sun May 19, 2013 7:00 pm

I learned that the Shotel Heavy attack can damage through shields.
    Demon Slayer
    Demon Slayer
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Demon Slayer Sun May 19, 2013 7:02 pm

Thaat Smough can teleport like a super ninja and take half of my health away
    Dibsville
    Dibsville
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Post by Dibsville Sun May 19, 2013 7:13 pm

Channeler's can buff themselves.
    Dibsville
    Dibsville
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Post by Dibsville Mon May 20, 2013 12:19 am

Solaire wears the Orange Charred Ring.
    chantienyee
    chantienyee
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by chantienyee Mon May 20, 2013 12:26 am

Just learned that you can summon Lautrec for Gaping Dragon. I didn't know that. I don't think I've ever summoned him for the Gargoyles -- is that a prerequisite for Gaping?
    Dibsville
    Dibsville
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Post by Dibsville Mon May 20, 2013 12:27 am

As long as you free him on the first encounter, you can summon him at Gaping.
    Green__Eagle
    Green__Eagle
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Green__Eagle Mon May 20, 2013 8:44 am

Well... you need to free Laurtec, talk to him in Firelink Shrine, and then summon him for Gargoyles.

When you talk to him in Firelink Shrine, the mobs will respawn, so you might as well rest at the bonfire.
    Latitoast
    Latitoast
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Latitoast Mon May 20, 2013 10:23 am

If you position yourself correctly you can cheese Super Orns via hiding behind a pillar while he spams lightning attacks that hit the pillar while your Soul Arrows hit him.

Great Heavy Soul Arrow made mincemeat out of him,
    Hue
    Hue
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Hue Mon May 20, 2013 11:08 am

Latitoast wrote:If you position yourself correctly you can cheese Super Orns via hiding behind a pillar while he spams lightning attacks that hit the pillar while your Soul Arrows hit him. Great Heavy Soul Arrow made mincemeat out of him,
    I didn't know you could make mincemeat with soul magic.
    And the same goes for the silver knight archers up close, if you shoot them through the corner of a wall, you can hit their arms, while their arrows attempt to target your body, into the wall.

Line break doesn't work sometimes

Last edited by Hachouma on Mon May 20, 2013 2:33 pm; edited 2 times in total
    Marino.
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Marino. Mon May 20, 2013 11:54 am

Laurentius (The Pyromancy trainer) is invincible when he's trapped in a Barrel in the Depths . I did 180 Damage to him and his health bar didn't move at all happy
    RralIX

Post by RralIX Mon May 20, 2013 10:58 pm

That some of the hanging cages in Sen's are actually elevators.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 7:48 am