Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+118
Aigaios
Say Xbox Again
dalsio
Back Lot Basher
MikailArksot
SageOfToads123
Undiscovery
GaryBlevins
ChizFreak
Ghadis_God
Bassman Bob
PierreSBK71
retro
Marino.
TheMeInTeam
Mental Gear
Uparkaam
Latitoast
ScottyDoesKnow
Green__Eagle
StiffNipples
befowler
Jansports
TheGreatGrapsy
cerealaire
Wilkinson3424
chantienyee
Animaaal
Derpwraith
Hugh_G_Johnson
Soul of Stray Demon
Exequim
Emergence
Jester's Tears
Muker
Sentiel
Exclusive
IV_Mark_VI
wretchedsausage
sids__09
jimmyc0341
MosquitoPower
nopseudoidea
Laveidem
Ostrava34
Slarg232
drdrack
Raijinilli
SirArchmage
Dr__Awkward
DxTopham
Silver Knight
Akuro
DyingAce
Zyrrashijn
Raikan007
tonberryking01
bradthegas
SirPatrick
Hart
nines rodriguez
Tolvo
Argetlam350
LagStab
WaffleGuy
BrandBrandBrand
FinPeku
Kyuseishu
Walter_White
Gollumseverywhere
Mishrak
HereticForLife
Ichikuro
Ghoul
Werdax
PhlyingDutchman
TheDarkPygmy
RralIX
Demon Slayer
Marionx
DemonRider909
Encore
HazelrahFiver
KrazykevS10
Domhnall of Zena
The_Red_Drifter
VaDoom
GenericUsername
ublug
Seignar
DaemonNacht
Tchuwib
XuitusTheGreat
CaramelSouls
WandererReece
AnCapaillMor
A Fierce Plankton
Elifia
General Bale
Ezlare
Anonymous Proxy
Odinbear
Ashran
ResIsBestStat
XachAttack
Hue
Dibsville
ExplodingPenguin
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
hey its andres
Quarik
Djem
iiProdigyv
reim0027
Soris Ice Goldwing
Dusk Soul
User1
CarverUpqik
122 posters

Discoveries you only made recently.

hey its andres
    hey its andres
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Discoveries you only made recently. - Page 7 Empty Re: Discoveries you only made recently.

Post by hey its andres Sat May 04, 2013 9:04 pm

The AoE produced by lightning spear gets weaker as it spreads out.
    Latitoast
    Latitoast
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Discoveries you only made recently. - Page 7 Empty Re: Discoveries you only made recently.

Post by Latitoast Sun May 05, 2013 2:33 am

Stray Demon is a pain in the a** if you don't have weapons that can do a lot of damage in a few swings.

I was hitting him for 46s with my Balder Side Sword at +5

In other news, the Balder Side Sword has an R1 attack.
    ExplodingPenguin
    ExplodingPenguin
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by ExplodingPenguin Sun May 05, 2013 2:44 am

It's a crapload easier Harvesting those giant clams in Crystal Cave if you use Quelaag's Fury Sword.
    Green__Eagle
    Green__Eagle
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Green__Eagle Sun May 05, 2013 7:07 am

Seignar wrote:You can press square (PS3) while leveling up to toggle to your weapon screen and see how the weapons are affected by your leveling.
    ]

This is amazing! You can press square to toggle through your equipped weapons.
    ExplodingPenguin
    ExplodingPenguin
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by ExplodingPenguin Sun May 05, 2013 7:18 am

The Centipede Demon is a lousy cheater and he'll lurk on the lava and constantly spam his grab-attacks at you since you can't run out on the lava without burning to death.
    Elifia
    Elifia
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Elifia Sun May 05, 2013 9:16 am

Dibsville wrote:Not so recent, but if you're wielding a weapon you can't use properly, when you roll into someone with thorn armor on you'll bounce off as if you'd attacked them.

Aye, and if you're using a weapon that you can only use properly because you're 2-handing it, that still happens. Really annoying, I made a Bonewheel Skeleton build with 20 str because I'd 2-hand the Bonewheel Shield anyway, but I kept bouncing off enemies when I rolled into them with thorns armour
    Dibsville
    Dibsville
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Post by Dibsville Sun May 05, 2013 12:11 pm

I hated that when I made my Bonehwheel build, I also had a mage with only 12 STR and it used MLGS with Thorn Gauntlets. :roll:
    Hue
    Hue
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Hue Sun May 05, 2013 2:22 pm

You can see NPCs stored inside golden crystal golems
    CarverUpqik
    CarverUpqik
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by CarverUpqik Sun May 05, 2013 3:33 pm

not a recent discovery but i discovered that you can play DkS for hours by yourself when you first get it but after a while you really cant stand playing alone and dont wanna play it unless your playing with someone because you get bored just running around by yourself which is why i summon two of my buddies and we just sit in the forest or township and take turns on invaders
    hey its andres
    hey its andres
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by hey its andres Sun May 05, 2013 3:58 pm

CarverUpqik wrote:not a recent discovery but i discovered that you can play DkS for hours by yourself when you first get it but after a while you really cant stand playing alone and dont wanna play it unless your playing with someone because you get bored just running around by yourself which is why i summon two of my buddies and we just sit in the forest or township and take turns on invaders

I beg to differ. If I have a goal in mind I will play for hours until it is accomplished. Also if I am going on a pvp streak (or killing hackers silly ) then I can play for a long time. I will agree though that in general I would rather play with a friend.
    Quarik
    Quarik
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Quarik Sun May 05, 2013 3:59 pm

Andre is a badass, and soloing O&S on NG++ is hard as hell.
    hey its andres
    hey its andres
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by hey its andres Sun May 05, 2013 5:00 pm

^ lol! Proper Bow thanks. When they hack I spam the Gold Tracer until they die.....

Wait that could be a discovery...

When someone is hacking chain backstab and 2H spam the tracer. Even if they get the bleed animation keep at it. I fought a guy yesterday who had a few bleeds while I chained him, and I thought that at least he would get annoyed and die, but all of the sudden he lost over 68,000 health. The hackers have two weaknesses: Bleed and Gravity Joy
    User1
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Post by User1 Sun May 05, 2013 5:04 pm

Discovered that Velka's Rapier is bloody lovely.
    Latitoast
    Latitoast
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Latitoast Sun May 05, 2013 6:04 pm

The very first time you go to see Vamos, when the cutscene activates, you don't take fall damage if you land directly into the hole.
    hey its andres
    hey its andres
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by hey its andres Sun May 05, 2013 6:05 pm

A phantom can activate the Vamos scene. I invaded someone and thought he was by Vamos and when I feel the cutscene activated and it showed me as a red phantom.
    chantienyee
    chantienyee
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by chantienyee Sun May 05, 2013 6:43 pm

I found that one too recently. Was co-oping a ton with the same guy and he went down to Vamos to unlock the shortcut -- I was like, whoa, didn't know! and I just carried on to get Leeroy happy

Oh, on that note I also kind of semi-recently learned that the first time you go to fight Seath (second encounter), your phantoms can run to the crystal and the cut scene won't activate until YOU get about halfway through.
    Elifia
    Elifia
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Elifia Sun May 05, 2013 6:54 pm

chantienyee wrote:I found that one too recently. Was co-oping a ton with the same guy and he went down to Vamos to unlock the shortcut -- I was like, whoa, didn't know! and I just carried on to get Leeroy happy

Oh, on that note I also kind of semi-recently learned that the first time you go to fight Seath (second encounter), your phantoms can run to the crystal and the cut scene won't activate until YOU get about halfway through.

Same thing goes for Gargoyles. The phantoms can run all the way to the other side so they'll be on the other side of the Gargoyle when it lands. Unfortunately this cannot be used for an easy tail cut, as the Gargoyle will immediately turn around.
    ublug
    ublug
    Forum Lord
    Forum Lord

Post by ublug Sun May 05, 2013 7:22 pm

Hachouma wrote:You can see NPCs stored inside golden crystal golems
    They should have made this a bit more obvious. I struggle to see them, even when I'm using binoculars up close.
    Jester's Tears
    Jester's Tears
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Jester's Tears Sun May 05, 2013 7:41 pm

ublug wrote:
    Hachouma wrote:You can see NPCs stored inside golden crystal golems
    They should have made this a bit more obvious. I struggle to see them, even when I'm using binoculars up close.

Which (90% of the time.) LEADS TO THIS:
    Discoveries you only made recently. - Page 7 A0kXtRTMi99C

(If you can't see the picture. It's a guy getting hit really hard in the face.)

Last edited by Jester's Tears on Mon May 06, 2013 6:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Latitoast
    Latitoast
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Latitoast Sun May 05, 2013 8:22 pm

Sorcerers make little baby kings cry.

I love whoever that phantom was, it was like Beatrice was helping me fight, but she wasn't retarded
    Quarik
    Quarik
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Quarik Sun May 05, 2013 10:03 pm

Being locked onto an enemy and strafing to the left baits out slow attacks for several different types of baddies. Gwyn tends to try to grab when you do that, and the Sentinels in Anor Londo will do their shield slam almost invariably.
    Latitoast
    Latitoast
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Latitoast Sun May 05, 2013 10:05 pm

People don't know the strengths of a Black Knight.
    hey its andres
    hey its andres
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by hey its andres Mon May 06, 2013 1:12 am

Sometimes it's best to have your weapon hit a wall (or tree) when using a great weapon. The reason for this is because you get an instant recovery sometimes while still registering a hit.
    Hue
    Hue
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Hue Mon May 06, 2013 3:55 am

But you lose a lot more stamina
    Quarik
    Quarik
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Quarik Mon May 06, 2013 4:35 am

After swinging a weapon that has a normal swing and then a backswing (pretty much everything except spears maybe), the timer will not reset to another normal swing until the entire animation, including bringing the weapon to rest, is complete. Otherwise, you'll perform the backswing.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 8:49 am