Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+118
Aigaios
Say Xbox Again
dalsio
Back Lot Basher
MikailArksot
SageOfToads123
Undiscovery
GaryBlevins
ChizFreak
Ghadis_God
Bassman Bob
PierreSBK71
retro
Marino.
TheMeInTeam
Mental Gear
Uparkaam
Latitoast
ScottyDoesKnow
Green__Eagle
StiffNipples
befowler
Jansports
TheGreatGrapsy
cerealaire
Wilkinson3424
chantienyee
Animaaal
Derpwraith
Hugh_G_Johnson
Soul of Stray Demon
Exequim
Emergence
Jester's Tears
Muker
Sentiel
Exclusive
IV_Mark_VI
wretchedsausage
sids__09
jimmyc0341
MosquitoPower
nopseudoidea
Laveidem
Ostrava34
Slarg232
drdrack
Raijinilli
SirArchmage
Dr__Awkward
DxTopham
Silver Knight
Akuro
DyingAce
Zyrrashijn
Raikan007
tonberryking01
bradthegas
SirPatrick
Hart
nines rodriguez
Tolvo
Argetlam350
LagStab
WaffleGuy
BrandBrandBrand
FinPeku
Kyuseishu
Walter_White
Gollumseverywhere
Mishrak
HereticForLife
Ichikuro
Ghoul
Werdax
PhlyingDutchman
TheDarkPygmy
RralIX
Demon Slayer
Marionx
DemonRider909
Encore
HazelrahFiver
KrazykevS10
Domhnall of Zena
The_Red_Drifter
VaDoom
GenericUsername
ublug
Seignar
DaemonNacht
Tchuwib
XuitusTheGreat
CaramelSouls
WandererReece
AnCapaillMor
A Fierce Plankton
Elifia
General Bale
Ezlare
Anonymous Proxy
Odinbear
Ashran
ResIsBestStat
XachAttack
Hue
Dibsville
ExplodingPenguin
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
hey its andres
Quarik
Djem
iiProdigyv
reim0027
Soris Ice Goldwing
Dusk Soul
User1
CarverUpqik
122 posters

Discoveries you only made recently.

ResIsBestStat
    ResIsBestStat
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Discoveries you only made recently. - Page 23 Empty Re: Discoveries you only made recently.

Post by ResIsBestStat Mon Jun 24, 2013 5:28 pm

Many people not notice this, but if you parry like 0.5 late, you get a partial parry. A partial parry doesn't parry a hit, but reduces damage taken and you don't get your poise broken, it's unfortunately not that useful compared to a full parry.
    Dibsville
    Dibsville
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Discoveries you only made recently. - Page 23 Empty Re: Discoveries you only made recently.

Post by Dibsville Mon Jun 24, 2013 6:05 pm

ResIsBestStat wrote:Many people not notice this, but if you parry like 0.5 late, you get a partial parry. A partial parry doesn't parry a hit, but reduces damage taken and you don't get your poise broken, it's unfortunately not that useful compared to a full parry.
    Unless you're doing this.
    cerealaire
    cerealaire
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by cerealaire Mon Jun 24, 2013 6:12 pm

just realized that you can teleport backstab (no lag) happened to me earlier today some guy was in front of me and got backstabed even though he wasn't near me and you can get backstabed with no damage
    drdrack
    Regular
    Regular

Post by drdrack Mon Jun 24, 2013 7:06 pm

I came back to this forum just to come to this thread and post this, because i did not know of this ever since i frist got the game. (i got the game on release)

Did you know that there is a shortcut in sen's fortress that let's you skip those F*8%ing walkways, holy F%$# if i knew this sooner...

Anyway, most of the people here probably know this, and truth be told. I probably deserves it because i bum rush that place because i hate it so much. (Irony, right?)
    cerealaire
    cerealaire
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by cerealaire Mon Jun 24, 2013 7:11 pm

huh really i never knew
    Dibsville
    Dibsville
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Post by Dibsville Mon Jun 24, 2013 7:20 pm

drdrack wrote:I came back to this forum just to come to this thread and post this, because i did not know of this ever since i frist got the game. (i got the game on release)

Did you know that there is a shortcut in sen's fortress that let's you skip those F*8%ing walkways, holy F%$# if i knew this sooner...

Anyway, most of the people here probably know this, and truth be told. I probably deserves it because i bum rush that place because i hate it so much. (Irony, right?)
    Yes, I learned this just recently. I literally broke down in tears. All those long travels back and forth when I could have just skipped it with that simple shortcut...
    They even went out of their way to make it so that the Master Key doesn't work, you need the Cage Key. Those damn trolls.
    Green__Eagle
    Green__Eagle
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Green__Eagle Mon Jun 24, 2013 7:37 pm

I don't understand how the master key can work on Big Hat Logan's cage and the cage at the end of runway, but not on the shortcut cage.
    Dibsville
    Dibsville
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Post by Dibsville Mon Jun 24, 2013 7:38 pm

It's like needing the Residence Key for Griggs but the Master Key works for the Gold Resin. :S
    cerealaire
    cerealaire
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by cerealaire Mon Jun 24, 2013 7:42 pm

is he talking about the cage elevator oh ive been knowing that but i rather enjoy the party traps
    Green__Eagle
    Green__Eagle
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Green__Eagle Mon Jun 24, 2013 7:48 pm

exactly, dibs. It's the same type of lock in both instances. It feels a little cheap.

Anyway, I didn't mean to side-track the discussion.

Here's something I noticed today: In the Northern Undead Asylum, you can see squares of sunlight on the floors of the prison cells at the beginning of the level.
    Dibsville
    Dibsville
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Post by Dibsville Mon Jun 24, 2013 7:48 pm

I'm curious as to which is faster, rolling after a fall or going straight into a sprint after a fall...

I'm pretty sure it's straight into a sprint...
    Akuro
    Akuro

Post by Akuro Mon Jun 24, 2013 10:57 pm

I came back to this forum just to come to this thread and post this, because i did not know of this ever since i frist got the game. (i got the game on release)

Are you talking about the elevator? Because if so, we're in the same boat. Only discovered it recently while going all the way from the bottom of Sen's Fortress to Anor Londo. God, if I had known about it earlier... 

Prostration

Last edited by Akuro on Tue Jun 25, 2013 12:33 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : wrong quote)
    Jansports
    Jansports
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Jansports Mon Jun 24, 2013 11:12 pm

The fastest way to exit a fall to the best of my knowledge is to toggle and run.
    Dibsville
    Dibsville
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Post by Dibsville Mon Jun 24, 2013 11:14 pm

Jansports wrote:The fastest way to exit a fall to the best of my knowledge is to toggle and run.
    That's what I'm thinking, but a lot of speed runs I see use the rolling method. I still use the toggle version but I have no proof that it's faster...
    StiffNipples
    StiffNipples
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by StiffNipples Tue Jun 25, 2013 12:28 am

That's what y'all mofos get for choosing the Master Key laughing

Speaking of the Undead Asylum, Oscar is on the roof, he drops you the key to get out, then goes and gets smacked by the Asylum Demon through the roof.  

The Asylum Demon is on the roof (you can see it before you first encounter it), Oscars room has only 1 entrance before that ball rolls down the stairs and makes another one, and that's through the roof. He's also lying on a pile of rubble, which I assume was once the roof.

hey its andres wrote:If you time the shotel R2 attack just as someone is getting off of the floor you always get a hit...ALWAYS.

If you time any attack just right you can almost always get a free hit when someones getting up off the floor. It's just about the only way to get a hit with some of the epically slow boss weapon R2's.

Werdax wrote:Bed of chaos has a meteor shower attack. After you cut free one of its arms, it does some weird ****, and shower fire balls upon you.

The Centipede Demon also shoots fireballs at you if you let the fight go on long enough.
    I cut it's tail/arm/thing off and menu swaps to the Charred Ring and ran out onto the lava, and instead of chasing me it just started shooting fireballs at me. And they f**king hurt too.
    Djem
    Djem
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Djem Tue Jun 25, 2013 12:19 pm

How did you people not find out the shortcut elevator in Sen's Fortress? I thought you were talking about a glitchy shortcut like the Lower Undead Burg ones. Have you never bothered exploring all of Sen's? Step up your game people, we still have to find what the Pendant does. Praise the Sun

I discovered / realized a while ago that the reason there are hollows running around the Undead Asylum when we return is because we, the Chosen Undead killed the Asylum Demon, thus setting the other Hollows free. We basicly started a rebellion.
    Dibsville
    Dibsville
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Post by Dibsville Tue Jun 25, 2013 12:22 pm

Sen's isn't a place I spend much time in, it's pretty straightforward. It's not like I had the time to say "Oh hey, a cage, let me go up to it and see if I can unlock it to open a shortcut."

Just learned that Gold Tracer is amazing for PvE.
    Never really used it outside of PvP Shrug
    Djem
    Djem
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Djem Tue Jun 25, 2013 12:27 pm

Yeah, the current WR holder speedrunner Santzo uses the Gold Tracer in this new dexterity route of his, you should see him kill Manus with it and RTSR. He makes Manus bleed to death so quickly you blink you miss it. I didn't even know Manus could bleed.
    Dibsville
    Dibsville
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Post by Dibsville Tue Jun 25, 2013 12:29 pm

He did this in the current WR run? Last I saw was sub 1:50 for all bosses, and since you said Manus I'm assuming he was doing an all boss run?
    Djem
    Djem
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Djem Tue Jun 25, 2013 12:41 pm

Yes, it was an All Bosses run. Santzo has the WR for both Any% and All Bosses. But the WR isn't with the dexterity route, so we don't know if the dexterity route is actually faster yet. Still, he cuts through content like butter with the Gold Tracer.

We should have a Speedrunning forum on this site. I don't know how many people from the speedrunning part of the community frequent the forums, but it would be nice to cover that aspect of the game here aswell.
    befowler
    befowler

Post by befowler Tue Jun 25, 2013 1:04 pm

StiffNipples wrote:
    Speaking of the Undead Asylum, Oscar is on the roof, he drops you the key to get out, then goes and gets smacked by the Asylum Demon through the roof.  

The Asylum Demon is on the roof (you can see it before you first encounter it), Oscars room has only 1 entrance before that ball rolls down the stairs and makes another one, and that's through the roof. He's also lying on a pile of rubble, which I assume was once the roof.

Nice, I admittedly never wondered why he was in that room.

Re tagging people getting up off the ground, the great club two handed R2 is amazing at this.  It's pretty worthless in PvP aside from a few other obscure situations, but it has a surprisingly forgiving window for curbstomping someone who is trying to get back on their feet.  It's like the hit window lingers for an extra moment or two after it hits the ground, plus the overall windup is almost as slow as a BS recovery so it's easy to time it. 

Another thing I noticed recently was that while I was trying to do unarmed open hand parries on an invader punching me with their fist (don't ask) it kept making metallic partial parry sounds.
    Djem
    Djem
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Djem Tue Jun 25, 2013 1:12 pm

Metal gauntlets?
    Dibsville
    Dibsville
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Post by Dibsville Tue Jun 25, 2013 1:21 pm

Goron Bracelets.
    CarverUpqik
    CarverUpqik
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by CarverUpqik Tue Jun 25, 2013 3:45 pm

i just learned that the painting guardian sword is WAYYY better than the gold tracer (in the right hand at least) i mean yea sure, it has a little less range (not much though) but the damage output is way higher and it still has bleed and same exact moveset in right hand
    Dibsville
    Dibsville
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Post by Dibsville Tue Jun 25, 2013 3:47 pm

CarverUpqik wrote:i just learned that the painting guardian sword is WAYYY better than the gold tracer (in the right hand at least) i mean yea sure, it has a little less range (not much though) but the damage output is way higher and it still has bleed and same exact moveset in right hand
    Gold Tracer has faster bleed build-up, as well as an extra hit on the first 2h R2. Also, the 1h R2 is unique and is great for baits.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:47 pm