Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+118
Aigaios
Say Xbox Again
dalsio
Back Lot Basher
MikailArksot
SageOfToads123
Undiscovery
GaryBlevins
ChizFreak
Ghadis_God
Bassman Bob
PierreSBK71
retro
Marino.
TheMeInTeam
Mental Gear
Uparkaam
Latitoast
ScottyDoesKnow
Green__Eagle
StiffNipples
befowler
Jansports
TheGreatGrapsy
cerealaire
Wilkinson3424
chantienyee
Animaaal
Derpwraith
Hugh_G_Johnson
Soul of Stray Demon
Exequim
Emergence
Jester's Tears
Muker
Sentiel
Exclusive
IV_Mark_VI
wretchedsausage
sids__09
jimmyc0341
MosquitoPower
nopseudoidea
Laveidem
Ostrava34
Slarg232
drdrack
Raijinilli
SirArchmage
Dr__Awkward
DxTopham
Silver Knight
Akuro
DyingAce
Zyrrashijn
Raikan007
tonberryking01
bradthegas
SirPatrick
Hart
nines rodriguez
Tolvo
Argetlam350
LagStab
WaffleGuy
BrandBrandBrand
FinPeku
Kyuseishu
Walter_White
Gollumseverywhere
Mishrak
HereticForLife
Ichikuro
Ghoul
Werdax
PhlyingDutchman
TheDarkPygmy
RralIX
Demon Slayer
Marionx
DemonRider909
Encore
HazelrahFiver
KrazykevS10
Domhnall of Zena
The_Red_Drifter
VaDoom
GenericUsername
ublug
Seignar
DaemonNacht
Tchuwib
XuitusTheGreat
CaramelSouls
WandererReece
AnCapaillMor
A Fierce Plankton
Elifia
General Bale
Ezlare
Anonymous Proxy
Odinbear
Ashran
ResIsBestStat
XachAttack
Hue
Dibsville
ExplodingPenguin
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
hey its andres
Quarik
Djem
iiProdigyv
reim0027
Soris Ice Goldwing
Dusk Soul
User1
CarverUpqik
122 posters

Discoveries you only made recently.

Hue
    Hue
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Discoveries you only made recently. - Page 8 Empty Re: Discoveries you only made recently.

Post by Hue Mon May 06, 2013 5:04 am

Quarik wrote:After swinging a weapon that has a normal swing and then a backswing (pretty much everything except spears maybe), the timer will not reset to another normal swing until the entire animation, including bringing the weapon to rest, is complete. Otherwise, you'll perform the backswing.
    Moving a little during that last animation resets it
    hey its andres
    hey its andres
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Discoveries you only made recently. - Page 8 Empty Re: Discoveries you only made recently.

Post by hey its andres Mon May 06, 2013 11:07 pm

The fire attack form the Obsidian Greatsword works like Wrath of the Gods in that it will deflect spells. Someone through a chaos fire ball at me and it went back at him lol!
    Dibsville
    Dibsville
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Post by Dibsville Mon May 06, 2013 11:14 pm

The Large Club's R2 is actually a two hit combo, the second part is a backhand swipe...
    GenericUsername
    GenericUsername
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by GenericUsername Mon May 06, 2013 11:22 pm

You can backstab mecha boars
    Dibsville
    Dibsville
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Post by Dibsville Mon May 06, 2013 11:24 pm

Only the Parish one, the two in Duke's Archives can't be backstabbed. :suspect:
    hey its andres
    hey its andres
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by hey its andres Mon May 06, 2013 11:29 pm

GETTING SUMMAT BACON
    chantienyee
    chantienyee
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by chantienyee Mon May 06, 2013 11:57 pm

You can snipe the engorged zombies that are protecting the dark ember from the top of the tower where you get the dried finger (further than the crow demons I assume?), but you can't snipe the Phalanx until you're super close and they see you(?) Like you almost have to be within spear-range?
    hey its andres
    hey its andres
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by hey its andres Tue May 07, 2013 12:18 am

Once you get the ascended flame, Quelana will always stay in your world for future NGs
    Quarik
    Quarik
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Quarik Tue May 07, 2013 5:08 am

Artorias on NG++ hits like a truck being propelled by a train, and when he starts to power up... 1500 damage when he spun to jump away.
    Marino.
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Marino. Tue May 07, 2013 7:40 pm

So i was donating Humanities to the fair lady and decided to do the Binocular Glitch because i thought it would be faster .
    This was the result
    Spoiler:
    I was stuck like this and had to force quit .

tl:dr Glitching froze my game
    Quarik
    Quarik
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Quarik Tue May 07, 2013 8:39 pm

Crestfallen Warrior can parry. Ow.
    Hue
    Hue
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Hue Wed May 08, 2013 3:49 am

Quarik wrote:Crestfallen Warrior can parry. Ow.
    You mean crestfallen can do something else than parry? o_o
    Quarik
    Quarik
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Quarik Thu May 09, 2013 12:24 am

Kalameet's tail is incredibly hard (or tedious, depending on playstyle) to cut off solo on NG++. Also, his big gapclosing lunge head swipe thing does TONS OF DAMAGE.
    Muker
    Muker
    Regular
    Regular

Post by Muker Thu May 09, 2013 3:24 am

Serpent mages have some spit acid attack.

I've run past one of them when he was leaning back. When I got behind him I faced the same direction as he and noticed some green smoke in front of him (like in the Alien movies when floor is vapourising from alien blood).
    hey its andres
    hey its andres
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by hey its andres Thu May 09, 2013 4:18 am

ALL bosses get new attacks as you go through NG+ Ceaseless discharge was throwing lava all over the da-- place.
    Quarik
    Quarik
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Quarik Thu May 09, 2013 4:20 am

More enemies than you'd think in the game have parries. Butchers, Thieves, NPCs, Skeletons, Balders... I hadn't really noticed many of them before, but recently I've been taking my time through the game and actually observing movesets.

I also realized why parrying the Silver Spear Knights' swing attacks is so difficult for me. There are two different speeds on it. One is a very slow telegraph of the move, and that's easy to parry. However, there's a faster version with the same tell that simply goes faster. I know one or both can also be followed up with a stab, but I'm not sure which.

Super Ornstein has a four hit combo and, when he casts his lightning along the ground from his spear, both the spear and the lightning can hit you near simultaneously, resulting in ludicrous gibs.

Smough can be 3-hit staggered with a Murakumo, although the poise breakpoints may be different for pve than for pvp. I think he was 4-hit with my Bastard Sword earlier, but I'm not sure.

2H Greatsword R1 time between swings has been nerfed across the board (or at least it seems that way since 1.05). It seems like they used to have attack speed more similar to your average straight sword, but now they're more like a UGS. They can still stunlock, but not as effectively. Yay for not needing 53/56 poise all the time now!

Andres- Not sure that's true... I've certainly never noticed it, and I've played lotsa Dark Souls. I've noticed that he has enormous firey aoes since I first started playing, but I don't fight him without the exploit much. Similar to Butterfly and Bed of Chaos, the fight was reactive instead of proactive, which made it kinda uninteresting.
    hey its andres
    hey its andres
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by hey its andres Thu May 09, 2013 4:26 am

Honestly, I have put over 500+ hours in this game and I thought I'd seen it all too. Nope! Apparently he has some attack where he'll throw lava in front of him (this was in NG++++)

From Soft. you never disappoint! Sun
    Quarik
    Quarik
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Quarik Thu May 09, 2013 4:41 am

Does he actually throw just lava, or is there a limb involved at any point?

Oh, and jumping through HCSM (probably Pursuers and HSM as well, not sure though) before they actually start tracking you will destroy them without you taking damage.
    CarverUpqik
    CarverUpqik
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by CarverUpqik Thu May 09, 2013 5:06 am

hey its andres wrote:Honestly, I have put over 500+ hours in this game and I thought I'd seen it all too. Nope! Apparently he has some attack where he'll throw lava in front of him (this was in NG++++)

From Soft. you never disappoint! Sun

i usually fight him without the exploit because i like the challenge and he does this the first time through on NG its very hard to dodge unless you can fast roll and doesnt matter how much poise/stability you have his hits will stagger you or knock away your shield
    Hugh_G_Johnson
    Hugh_G_Johnson
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Hugh_G_Johnson Thu May 09, 2013 6:35 am

Quarik wrote:I also realized why parrying the Silver Spear Knights' swing attacks is so difficult for me. There are two different speeds on it. One is a very slow telegraph of the move, and that's easy to parry. However, there's a faster version with the same tell that simply goes faster. I know one or both can also be followed up with a stab, but I'm not sure which.

The fast attack has a longer windup. If I get lazy and watch the weapon I always parry early anticipating the swing while they stretch back further. If I concentrate on their arm and visualize pinning it against there chest as soon as they move forward it's no problem.

Both kinds of Silver Knights have a dead angle thrust attack. If they draw their weapon (spear or sword) back and hold it you won't be able to block it. You can parry it, but the timing is completely random so it'd just be blind luck. They can and will chase you down with their weapon drawn back and poke straight through your shield.

Finally; the black phantom Silver Knights yield the same amount of souls as the normal variety. So the BPs that flank the two archer knights give less souls than the archer knights (who give more than his non-bow wielding peers)... :suspect:
    Green__Eagle
    Green__Eagle
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Green__Eagle Thu May 09, 2013 7:47 am

A lightning handaxe+5 will take off a hydra's head with one swing of the r2 attack. Two swings of the r2 attack kills each of the blue golems and (maybe?) three swings of the r2 attack kills the golden golem in the Darkroot Garden.

Another thing that's been bothering me... Everytime you free Dusk from the golden golem, she was in the golem facing backwards.
    AnCapaillMor
    AnCapaillMor
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by AnCapaillMor Thu May 09, 2013 7:52 am

Maybe she was sick of looking at this winky all the time or has a thing for golem butts.
    hey its andres
    hey its andres
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by hey its andres Fri May 10, 2013 12:55 am

If you shoot Gwyn *in the boob* with an arrow *dragonslayer* but you aren't in the room then you won't get Dark Anor Londo.

Good for lols big grin
    befowler
    befowler

Post by befowler Fri May 10, 2013 11:08 am

Great magic shield turns the skull lantern into a viable and very funny shield (that you can set people on fire with).
    Elifia
    Elifia
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Elifia Fri May 10, 2013 12:25 pm

The Symbol of Avarice does not deal damage to you while you are in a backstab animation. Now I'm wondering if the same goes for Power Within.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 06, 2024 1:43 pm