The great search

sunbro
    Addicted
    Addicted

Re: The great search

Post by sunbro on Wed Feb 29, 2012 1:43 pm

Gol wrote:I said you need all boss souls + all embers and chose the "walk away" ending, then maybe something happens.
    And if not, trying with a deprived and the pendant.

If I'm not right then I'm less wrong, the class + covenant + face thing is pretty... far-fetched.
    It's From Software, the "story and Lore" are not the priority in this game don't expect a super duper complicated enigma.
    But, that means you're human after all, people always chose difficulty.

I already tried that with the dragon scolar sorcerer and nothing hapens after walking away
    because I use the BB glitch to speed run trough the covs so I never used an ember and had all boss souls
    and yes I had all the embers

Ghosts sit around the campfire telling Chuck Norris stories

sunbro
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by sunbro on Wed Feb 29, 2012 1:45 pm

@ billy_bayonet

Could you post you toons details like starting class face etc

Gol
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Gol on Wed Feb 29, 2012 2:51 pm

I think an image of the brazier would be cool too.
    You guys are pretty naive, I used to be, I learned that everybody lies. Shrug

User
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by User on Wed Feb 29, 2012 2:53 pm

That why I ask for confirmation. He has not responded yet. That is not a good sign. But he might be busy, of course. Time will tell. You can depend on time in many cases.. As long as you are awake.
    ChizFreak
    Revived
    Revived

Post by ChizFreak on Wed Feb 29, 2012 2:58 pm

Acidic_Cook wrote:That why I ask for confirmation. He has not responded yet. That is not a good sign. But he might be busy, of course. Time will tell. You can depend on time in many cases.. As long as you are awake.

He joined the forum 2 days ago, he is relatively new, and looks like it's not pretty active, he will post eventually.

Master Backstabber - Daddy Long Legs

PSN ID: ChizFreak - Steam ID: ChizFreak - YT: http://www.youtube.com/user/ChizFreak
    billy_bayonet
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by billy_bayonet on Wed Feb 29, 2012 2:59 pm

um he was the black character. i used the pyromancer starting armour all the way through I killed Every Npc in the game leading up to the kiln i honestly have no idea what i did so different to anyone else im not even sure if there is some dark mysterious secret i just know i had a looksie and one brazier was lit

"No matter how honourable you think you are we all have a darkside"
    Despair shall become you

lordgodofhell wrote:I love receiving hatemail but this is more like stupidmail on his part. Still, I can feel his pain. I mean, we all know Billy is OP need nerf.

Graelaoch wrote:! Oh yes, Billy is Op and needs nerf. laughing
    ChizFreak
    Revived
    Revived

Post by ChizFreak on Wed Feb 29, 2012 3:03 pm

billy_bayonet wrote:um he was the black character. i used the pyromancer starting armour all the way through I killed Every Npc in the game leading up to the kiln i honestly have no idea what i did so different to anyone else im not even sure if there is some dark mysterious secret i just know i had a looksie and one brazier was lit

PLEASE, take a picture, even if it's with your phone or something, just put it in your computer via USB, and the upload it to any image site. Like tinypic.

That way, you confirm it, and we can start researching how we can repeat it.

Master Backstabber - Daddy Long Legs

PSN ID: ChizFreak - Steam ID: ChizFreak - YT: http://www.youtube.com/user/ChizFreak
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by WyrmHero on Wed Feb 29, 2012 6:31 pm

If what billy saw is tru then I think the theory is finish the game with any covenant but the ones that you can level have to be +3 before linking the fire (he did have chaos +3). He didnt even choose Pyro face so it can be with any face. Next playthrough you try other covenant and link the fire. Although Darkwraith +3 linking the fire is not very logical....

Dedicated Blade of the Darkmoon.
    Chaos Legion Str weapons covenant
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy on Thu Mar 01, 2012 9:16 am

@the OP Why would knight not be WOW? Cleric seems fine for Princess Guard and if the Knight starts in WOW would that not be the obvious choice? After all Allfather Lloyd's Knights are part of the WOW are they not? If so it could be that the knight class was one of Lloyds knights who turned undead and was sent away. Can anyone confirm if Rhea says anything diferent to the knigth? I think she said something to mine about being sent away from society but I'm not sure.

@Everyone else I'm currently doing a Pyro, Chaos Servant, Old witches ring, Swamp face. Currently up to new londo ruins. Hopefully I'll be done soon so I should be able to confirm or deny Bill_bayonet's findings.

WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by WyrmHero on Thu Mar 01, 2012 11:43 am

DoughGuy wrote:@the OP Why would knight not be WOW? Cleric seems fine for Princess Guard and if the Knight starts in WOW would that not be the obvious choice? After all Allfather Lloyd's Knights are part of the WOW are they not? If so it could be that the knight class was one of Lloyds knights who turned undead and was sent away. Can anyone confirm if Rhea says anything diferent to the knigth? I think she said something to mine about being sent away from society but I'm not sure.

@Everyone else I'm currently doing a Pyro, Chaos Servant, Old witches ring, Swamp face. Currently up to new londo ruins. Hopefully I'll be done soon so I should be able to confirm or deny Bill_bayonet's findings.

Clerics definitely belongs to Way of White. Knighs belong too, but they have the choice to become sunbros (thats my personal opinion). About the testing remember to have chaos covenant +3 before linking the fire.

ErrJon6661
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by ErrJon6661 on Thu Mar 01, 2012 2:36 pm

I've been giving this thread some thought, and I honestly think that you guys are including too many variables in the process.

I believe all that matters is achieving the ranks in the covenant. I believe you need +3 in all covenants to get the braziers lit. It may possibly have to do with the ending you choose also, but I'm not sure.

This is just speculation and I have no hard evidence to back this up.

Also visit the newbie page and don't be afraid to message me if you're new and need some advice. http://darksoulswiki.wikispaces.com/New+Player+Help

Duel Wielding Velka's Rapier http://tinyurl.com/73jfhgd
    sunbro
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by sunbro on Fri Mar 02, 2012 3:19 am

DoughGuy wrote:@the OP Why would knight not be WOW? Cleric seems fine for Princess Guard and if the Knight starts in WOW would that not be the obvious choice? After all Allfather Lloyd's Knights are part of the WOW are they not? If so it could be that the knight class was one of Lloyds knights who turned undead and was sent away. Can anyone confirm if Rhea says anything diferent to the knigth? I think she said something to mine about being sent away from society but I'm not sure.

The cleric is the most obvious for the WOW because of their pilgramidge
    The Knight is a guard or a protector more then a warrior or a pelgrim
    So I say the knight is a Princess guard because his equipment and faith are ment for guarding or protecting something

But still open for debate as the knight can also be a Sunbro

sunbro
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by sunbro on Fri Mar 02, 2012 3:24 am

ErrJon6661 wrote:I've been giving this thread some thought, and I honestly think that you guys are including too many variables in the process.

I believe all that matters is achieving the ranks in the covenant. I believe you need +3 in all covenants to get the braziers lit. It may possibly have to do with the ending you choose also, but I'm not sure.
    This is just speculation and I have no hard evidence to back this up.

You could be right there but I honestly think that the Class and the Covenant should be matched together
    The faces could meen nothing but we're trying to make the lore as complete as possible

pylorih

Post by pylorih on Fri Mar 02, 2012 1:50 pm

I tried a Bandit with chaos covenant rank 3 and no brazier turned on.
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by WyrmHero on Fri Mar 02, 2012 2:27 pm

pylorih wrote:I tried a Bandit with chaos covenant rank 3 and no brazier turned on.

You have to link the fire and begin a New Game Plus. Stay with the Chaos Covenant+3. Then you retrieve the Lordvessel again and when Frampt warps you to Firelink Altar you check the braziers. Tell us what you find.

befowler

Post by befowler on Fri Mar 02, 2012 5:20 pm

Can you even rank up in WoW or Princess Guard?

Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by ErrJon6661 on Fri Mar 02, 2012 5:28 pm

@befowler I don't think you can, but I would assume you just have to link the fire as part of the covenant.

Also visit the newbie page and don't be afraid to message me if you're new and need some advice. http://darksoulswiki.wikispaces.com/New+Player+Help

Duel Wielding Velka's Rapier http://tinyurl.com/73jfhgd
    befowler

Post by befowler on Fri Mar 02, 2012 5:36 pm

Yeah, easy enough to test those two. Ranking to +3 in, say, forest cov is likely to be a hassle

pylorih

Post by pylorih on Fri Mar 02, 2012 5:45 pm

Was there something hidden in Demon's Souls that has caused this search for something that may not be there?

PS: Heading to Sen's Fortress and then for Smough.
    Doelker
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Doelker on Fri Mar 02, 2012 7:08 pm

Guys... I have the feeling that Billy_Bayonet is just trolling everybody... I really hope he's not and he comes with some sort of real evidence.

This weekend I'll be creating a new toon and test some npc's interactions, but until I don't see any evidence of the brazer lit, I'll pass on that for the moment.

befowler

Post by befowler on Fri Mar 02, 2012 7:44 pm

Odds are it's trolling, but you never know. Even trolling can inadvertently lead to new discoveries

Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by WyrmHero on Fri Mar 02, 2012 8:01 pm

Im testing with Way of White just to be sure it can be done with all covenants. I have began with a sorcerer though, so the only variable Im considering is covenant rank. Ill give an update once I retrieve the Lordvessel again in NG+.

Doelker
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Doelker on Fri Mar 02, 2012 11:12 pm

befowler wrote:Odds are it's trolling, but you never know. Even trolling can inadvertently lead to new discoveries
    Yes, you are right on that, and I think that we all really expect something to happen eventually. Let's hope that at least this hints to other discoveries.

billy_bayonet
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by billy_bayonet on Sat Mar 03, 2012 8:43 am

what on earth does trolling mean? i just put on here what i saw its upto you lot if you belive me or wanna go searching, bottom line this is a game maybe teh big mystery is there is no mystery? i have no idea what i did to get those braziers lit it only ever happened for my black pyro man none of my others chars ever managed it so it could have been a fluke or a glithc form aybe some cosmic secret of immense proportion i have no idea, and as for getting pics i has teh worlds **** phone and i cant upload anything i shall try and figure something out

"No matter how honourable you think you are we all have a darkside"
    Despair shall become you

lordgodofhell wrote:I love receiving hatemail but this is more like stupidmail on his part. Still, I can feel his pain. I mean, we all know Billy is OP need nerf.

Graelaoch wrote:! Oh yes, Billy is Op and needs nerf. laughing

pylorih

Post by pylorih on Sat Mar 03, 2012 5:03 pm

I completed my run with a bandit and the chaos covenant today. Alas I did not see a brazier lit.

I think we are looking for something that simply is not there, maybe whatever was going to be was cut out.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Dec 12, 2017 5:00 pm