Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3 posters

PC Edition: Wall-phasing and the search for lore!

Loken

PC Edition: Wall-phasing and the search for lore!  Empty PC Edition: Wall-phasing and the search for lore!

Post by Loken Tue Jul 24, 2012 11:49 pm

When the PC edition is released I'm sure there will be some way to use the console to phase through objects and if not someone will find a way to.
    I would just like to point out that this may reveal cut content that was simply covered up. One example that interests me is that, according to the Dark Souls concept art book interview, Andre was suppose to move the statue in the firelink shrine to reveal his forge. The statue looks like they had not abandoned that ideal until after they had design the shrine(as it still looks moveable or like it hides something).

So what if the forgery is still there and not accessible? Hopefully if it is From will not cut it before the PC Edition.

In Shadow of the Colossus Big huge areas were left in the game world out of reach, only accessible by glitch/gameshark. So maybe Dark Souls has cool hidden things? I suspect at least something in the Kilm.

retro
    retro
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

PC Edition: Wall-phasing and the search for lore!  Empty Re: PC Edition: Wall-phasing and the search for lore!

Post by retro Tue Jul 24, 2012 11:57 pm

Loken wrote:So what if the forgery is still there and not accessible?
    It probably would've already been found with the 3D map viewer. Sadly, it appears that there are no secret areas hiding in Lordran, and that if you could clip through walls (like mysterious looking dead ends), you'll find nothing interesting as the map viewer already confirms that nothing is on the other side.

edit: Which doesn't mean I'm uninterested in what can be learned by hacking the PC game, but I don't think new areas or hidden rooms is at all likely. I'm wondering if things like the conditions for spawning vagrants will be solved, or if there are legitimate / secret ways to access some of the unused dialog for certain NPCs.

Last edited by retro on Wed Jul 25, 2012 12:27 am; edited 2 times in total
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

PC Edition: Wall-phasing and the search for lore!  Empty Re: PC Edition: Wall-phasing and the search for lore!

Post by DoughGuy Tue Jul 24, 2012 11:59 pm

What about with the altar and the vessel on the other side? Nothing on the map?
    retro
    retro
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by retro Wed Jul 25, 2012 12:25 am

DoughGuy wrote:What about with the altar and the vessel on the other side? Nothing on the map?
    I'll see if someone can provide screenshots, but my understanding is that what you see is all there is. There aren't any rooms or hidden areas connected to it. The ground appears like it should be solid (otherwise it wouldn't show up in the map viewer which is based on collision data), so in theory if you could make the jump you should be able to walk around there. But that doesn't necessarily mean much because there is also collision data for places you could never get to, where they would never intend you to be.
    retro
    retro
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by retro Wed Jul 25, 2012 12:59 am

Phrexeus provided a screenshot:
    https://i.imgur.com/RpYL5.jpg

He says "There is nowhere to go. There is geometry there that you could walk on, but no hidden rooms or anything."
    Loken

Post by Loken Wed Jul 25, 2012 1:11 am

Wait, so the map viewer works on things that you can collide with only right? So in Shadow of the Colossus most of the structures that the found were only textures really. If you tried to stand on them you would fall through. So could there be such texture remnants in Dark Souls that this viewer cannot see?
    retro
    retro
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by retro Wed Jul 25, 2012 1:29 am

Loken wrote:So could there be such texture remnants in Dark Souls that this viewer cannot see?
    Absolutely! That is a good point. The 3D map viewer wouldn't reveal something like that.

Some places I'd like to clip/fly to if I had the ability (I'll keep dreaming, since I'm not getting the PC version):
    -the empty cells far away and high up in the prison of Duke's
    -up towards the ceiling of Duke's Archives (in the great hall with the bonfire)
    -areas around the bridge of new londo ruins
    -around the roofs of various buildings in the parish
    -up to where the taurus demon jumps down from
    -up to where the asylum demon jumps down from
    -above the starting cell in the game

I have low expectations of finding anything cool, but I'm still very curious about these kinds of things. happy
    Loken

Post by Loken Wed Jul 25, 2012 2:49 am

Awesome! Glad to see my first thread wasn't a waste of time!
    The Colosseum area of the Klim I would think would have something cool. Maybe soar threw the archtrees of ash lake?

Not that it matters right now but I just wanted to get the concept out there to spark the imagination of lore hunters who will be combing through the PC Edition.

You make a great point of other things like cut dialog and text we could find in the PC Edition. Maybe even the files for cut weapons and characters like they found in Fallout New Vegas. If such weapons exist it may be possible to use the console to bring them into the game. That is if this is a direct port and they didn't trim any of that stuff out.
    retro
    retro
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by retro Wed Jul 25, 2012 6:38 am

Loken wrote:You make a great point of other things like cut dialog and text we could find in the PC Edition. Maybe even the files for cut weapons and characters like they found in Fallout New Vegas. If such weapons exist it may be possible to use the console to bring them into the game...
    Ah, some of this has been done already with data gathered from the 360 disc. I'm not sure to what extent the game's data has been explored, but here's everything I do know of-

Check the unused dialog thread (a work in progress) also in the archives subforum, I had all the ripped dialog audio sent to me and I'm using that to cross-check the text dump. The text dump includes all the dialog as text, because it mostly exists in-game as subtitled captions as well.

The text dump also includes item descriptions for the following unused items:
    The Black Eye Orb (an alternate one)
    Affidavit
    Lift Chamber Key
    Ring of Condemnation
    Ring of Blind Ghosts
    Ring of Displacement
    Escape Death (Miracle)
    Mage Smith Armor (set)
    Elite Cleric Armor (set)

The Elite Cleric Armor set is worn by Petrus, and is unobtainable in-game. People with modified save files on the xbox have put it into their inventory, and some have dropped it for other players online. Modding/ hacking is a lot less common on the PS3, but I did see a player wearing the Elite Cleric set on the PS3 once as well.

People have reported testing the Escape Death miracle, which is basically the ring of sacrifice in miracle form. Items like the Black Eye Orb and Lift Chamber Key would have no use if it is possible to 'hack' them into the game.

I can't find the link now, but somewhere there's a photo album of all the weapon models which includes a few unused weapons. One of them is the Four Kings Sword.

Character models for at least 3 unfinished/ partly-finished enemies have been found as well, which have been completed or modified for the DLC/ PC version. There might be a few other things as well, but that's all I know of. happy

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:30 pm