The great search

    Share
    avatar
    billy_bayonet
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

    Posts : 5912
    Reputation : 177
    Join date : 2012-02-27
    Age : 28
    Location : ENGLAND!!!

    Re: The great search

    Post by billy_bayonet on Tue Feb 28, 2012 11:09 am

    I had a Pyromancer who joined chaos servants didnt join any other covenants compleated the game and linked the fire i got back to the kiln on New game plus and got bored and made a new char upon reading this i went back to my pyro and one brazier was lit dont know if this helps but yeah seems odd


    _________________
    "War is based on deception"- Sun Tzu

    "No matter how honourable you think you are we all have a darkside"
    Despair shall become you


    lordgodofhell wrote:I love receiving hatemail but this is more like stupidmail on his part. Still, I can feel his pain. I mean, we all know Billy is OP need nerf.

    Graelaoch wrote:! Oh yes, Billy is Op and needs nerf. laughing
    avatar
    sunbro
    Addicted
    Addicted

    Posts : 206
    Reputation : 16
    Join date : 2012-01-20
    Age : 42
    Location : Netherlands

    Re: The great search

    Post by sunbro on Tue Feb 28, 2012 4:18 pm

    what was you're starting gift with the pyromancer


    _________________


    Ghosts sit around the campfire telling Chuck Norris stories

    avatar
    billy_bayonet
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

    Posts : 5912
    Reputation : 177
    Join date : 2012-02-27
    Age : 28
    Location : ENGLAND!!!

    Re: The great search

    Post by billy_bayonet on Tue Feb 28, 2012 4:30 pm

    old witch's ring


    _________________
    "War is based on deception"- Sun Tzu

    "No matter how honourable you think you are we all have a darkside"
    Despair shall become you


    lordgodofhell wrote:I love receiving hatemail but this is more like stupidmail on his part. Still, I can feel his pain. I mean, we all know Billy is OP need nerf.

    Graelaoch wrote:! Oh yes, Billy is Op and needs nerf. laughing
    avatar
    sunbro
    Addicted
    Addicted

    Posts : 206
    Reputation : 16
    Join date : 2012-01-20
    Age : 42
    Location : Netherlands

    Re: The great search

    Post by sunbro on Tue Feb 28, 2012 5:44 pm

    hmmmm there goes the pendant theory
    can you taka a picture of it


    _________________


    Ghosts sit around the campfire telling Chuck Norris stories

    avatar
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

    Posts : 8742
    Reputation : 221
    Join date : 2012-02-16
    Age : 29
    Location : The Painted World

    Re: The great search

    Post by WyrmHero on Tue Feb 28, 2012 8:13 pm

    billy_bayonet wrote:I had a Pyromancer who joined chaos servants didnt join any other covenants compleated the game and linked the fire i got back to the kiln on New game plus and got bored and made a new char upon reading this i went back to my pyro and one brazier was lit dont know if this helps but yeah seems odd

    OMG If this real I think you and sunbro found the most hidden secret in Dark Souls.


    _________________
    PSN: WyrmHero1945

    Dedicated Blade of the Darkmoon.
    Chaos Legion Str weapons covenant
    avatar
    billy_bayonet
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

    Posts : 5912
    Reputation : 177
    Join date : 2012-02-27
    Age : 28
    Location : ENGLAND!!!

    Re: The great search

    Post by billy_bayonet on Tue Feb 28, 2012 9:15 pm

    The pyro is on new Game++ now so i can try and get back to the Kiln gimme bout a week ill see what i can do


    _________________
    "War is based on deception"- Sun Tzu

    "No matter how honourable you think you are we all have a darkside"
    Despair shall become you


    lordgodofhell wrote:I love receiving hatemail but this is more like stupidmail on his part. Still, I can feel his pain. I mean, we all know Billy is OP need nerf.

    Graelaoch wrote:! Oh yes, Billy is Op and needs nerf. laughing
    avatar
    ChizFreak
    Revived
    Revived

    Posts : 2388
    Reputation : 135
    Join date : 2012-01-17
    Location : Eye of Terror

    Re: The great search

    Post by ChizFreak on Wed Feb 29, 2012 12:49 am

    Wow that's awesome, if 1 brazer is lit, then maybe everytime you link the fire 1 brazer goes lit? There is a total of 10 brazers so..... NG+++++++++ would be required to lit them all.

    I don't know, but this really reminds me the speech that Petrus gave about kindling all bonfires and we should get great powers! Also, in an interview to the Director, when he was told that nobody discovered the secret of the Pendant, the director said that it's just as expected, that people should still search for it because he is not going to tell about it, and that he believes that most players will start to discover it at NG+

    THIS IS IT! I 99% SURE!

    I'm going to search for the source of that interview so you believe me. The interview was in november.

    (All of this starting from the fact that you're saying the truth, which I hope. I have no toons that started as pyro with that gift or toons that are on NG++).


    Last edited by ChizFreak on Wed Feb 29, 2012 12:56 am; edited 2 times in total


    _________________
    ChizFreak
    A.K.A
    The Ninja Assassin - 1st Leeroy Cosplayer
    Master Backstabber - Daddy Long Legs


    PSN ID: ChizFreak - Steam ID: ChizFreak - YT: http://www.youtube.com/user/ChizFreak
    avatar
    ChizFreak
    Revived
    Revived

    Posts : 2388
    Reputation : 135
    Join date : 2012-01-17
    Location : Eye of Terror

    Re: The great search

    Post by ChizFreak on Wed Feb 29, 2012 12:51 am

    WyrmHero wrote:
    billy_bayonet wrote:I had a Pyromancer who joined chaos servants didnt join any other covenants compleated the game and linked the fire i got back to the kiln on New game plus and got bored and made a new char upon reading this i went back to my pyro and one brazier was lit dont know if this helps but yeah seems odd

    OMG If this real I think you and sunbro found the most hidden secret in Dark Souls.

    He is right! If this is real, congrats to you both for discovering a great secret!


    _________________
    ChizFreak
    A.K.A
    The Ninja Assassin - 1st Leeroy Cosplayer
    Master Backstabber - Daddy Long Legs


    PSN ID: ChizFreak - Steam ID: ChizFreak - YT: http://www.youtube.com/user/ChizFreak
    avatar
    ChizFreak
    Revived
    Revived

    Posts : 2388
    Reputation : 135
    Join date : 2012-01-17
    Location : Eye of Terror

    Re: The great search

    Post by ChizFreak on Wed Feb 29, 2012 1:03 am

    Even if that's not the reason the brazer it's lit, the FACT that is lit, reveals that there is something you can do there. Probably have to lit them all to trigger it.


    _________________
    ChizFreak
    A.K.A
    The Ninja Assassin - 1st Leeroy Cosplayer
    Master Backstabber - Daddy Long Legs


    PSN ID: ChizFreak - Steam ID: ChizFreak - YT: http://www.youtube.com/user/ChizFreak
    avatar
    Flubious
    Casual
    Casual

    Posts : 51
    Reputation : 0
    Join date : 2012-01-17
    Age : 34
    Location : SR388

    Re: The great search

    Post by Flubious on Wed Feb 29, 2012 1:42 am

    Wow, if real, this is some breakthrough ****.


    _________________
    Flubious on XBL and Flubious on PSN. Yay video games.
    avatar
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

    Posts : 8742
    Reputation : 221
    Join date : 2012-02-16
    Age : 29
    Location : The Painted World

    Re: The great search

    Post by WyrmHero on Wed Feb 29, 2012 1:47 am

    ChizFreak wrote:that he believes that most players will start to discover it at NG+

    Hey Chiz I read that interview you are correct, Im always thinking about what he said about NG+. If what our friend says is true, it is perfectly logical because it begins at NG+. That was his clue, it HAS to be this. If this is not true the I dont know what is vecause nothing ELSE changes in NG+.


    _________________
    PSN: WyrmHero1945

    Dedicated Blade of the Darkmoon.
    Chaos Legion Str weapons covenant
    avatar
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

    Posts : 8742
    Reputation : 221
    Join date : 2012-02-16
    Age : 29
    Location : The Painted World

    Re: The great search

    Post by WyrmHero on Wed Feb 29, 2012 1:52 am

    Someone call Glyphblade


    _________________
    PSN: WyrmHero1945

    Dedicated Blade of the Darkmoon.
    Chaos Legion Str weapons covenant
    avatar
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

    Posts : 8742
    Reputation : 221
    Join date : 2012-02-16
    Age : 29
    Location : The Painted World

    Re: The great search

    Post by WyrmHero on Wed Feb 29, 2012 2:16 am

    I loaded my first toon and Im in NG++ and Im very sure the last playthrough was linking the fire and when I went to chek the braziers none was lit. sad


    _________________
    PSN: WyrmHero1945

    Dedicated Blade of the Darkmoon.
    Chaos Legion Str weapons covenant
    avatar
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

    Posts : 3627
    Reputation : 144
    Join date : 2012-01-19
    Age : 23
    Location : World 4-2 Demon Souls

    Re: The great search

    Post by sparkly-twinkly-lizard on Wed Feb 29, 2012 2:42 am

    what cov rank was the pyro dude in the chaos cov, maybe getting to max level then beating the game will light a brazier (wow and pg would just be kill gwyn while a member?)


    _________________
    ლ(ಠ_ಠლ) (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
    avatar
    sunbro
    Addicted
    Addicted

    Posts : 206
    Reputation : 16
    Join date : 2012-01-20
    Age : 42
    Location : Netherlands

    Re: The great search

    Post by sunbro on Wed Feb 29, 2012 3:29 am

    Oh yes if its true we got a real breaktrough here
    Every toon I already finiched is in NG+ but stil in the Asylum
    So maybe I'll has to run them into the Kiln again because none of my brazier are burning

    But still I don't think that its a coincidence that you can make 10 toons 10 classes 10 covs and 10 braziers

    Now we still have to find out what the rubbish, coins and ofcourse the pendant are fore


    _________________


    Ghosts sit around the campfire telling Chuck Norris stories

    avatar
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

    Posts : 13287
    Reputation : 542
    Join date : 2012-02-01
    Age : 25
    Location : The Forest, Illinois

    Re: The great search

    Post by Tolvo on Wed Feb 29, 2012 3:42 am

    Just in case there is something to the Bonfire idea someone mentioned, I have been Kindling Every Bonfire I can think of to max, so far nothing has happened or changed in the world.
    avatar
    billy_bayonet
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

    Posts : 5912
    Reputation : 177
    Join date : 2012-02-27
    Age : 28
    Location : ENGLAND!!!

    Re: The great search

    Post by billy_bayonet on Wed Feb 29, 2012 6:59 am

    i just got my Knight to the kiln on New game plus and he has been swtiching covenants like no tommorow and no brazers where lit and i did the dark lord ending and i was a chaos servant +3 mostly beaucse i didnt really that after you got the firestorm spell from her that ther wasnt anymore


    _________________
    "War is based on deception"- Sun Tzu

    "No matter how honourable you think you are we all have a darkside"
    Despair shall become you


    lordgodofhell wrote:I love receiving hatemail but this is more like stupidmail on his part. Still, I can feel his pain. I mean, we all know Billy is OP need nerf.

    Graelaoch wrote:! Oh yes, Billy is Op and needs nerf. laughing
    avatar
    Tornesol

    Posts : 13
    Reputation : -1
    Join date : 2012-02-06
    Age : 30
    Location : Sweden

    Re: The great search

    Post by Tornesol on Wed Feb 29, 2012 11:08 am

    A very interesting find indeed! Tho it needs a confirmation. A pic perhaps?

    And it would be great if Billy Bayonet could post some info on the toon that got one urn lit.
    Class etc. would be great. So that we others could start searching in the same direction!

    Anyways, after a long reading in this forum now I have found some inspiration to continue the search.

    Good job guys! Keep it up

    ill come back here later with some info on my findings.


    _________________
    Goddamn pendant....

    PSN: ShunHC

    User
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

    Posts : 5753
    Reputation : 193
    Join date : 2012-01-18

    Re: The great search

    Post by User on Wed Feb 29, 2012 12:41 pm

    Yes. I would like to see such a bazier lit first. Confirmation of truth would be nice, as well as more than one being seeing the bazier lit. The posts I have read indicate that the guitarist has done so with a +3 Chaos Servent Pyromancer, but the Archangel, Chizfreak, has not as I can read. A pic and confirmation of others would be nice to see first, before I even start to try it myself.
    avatar
    ChizFreak
    Revived
    Revived

    Posts : 2388
    Reputation : 135
    Join date : 2012-01-17
    Location : Eye of Terror

    Re: The great search

    Post by ChizFreak on Wed Feb 29, 2012 1:09 pm

    Acidic_Cook wrote:Yes. I would like to see such a bazier lit first. Confirmation of truth would be nice, as well as more than one being seeing the bazier lit. The posts I have read indicate that the guitarist has done so with a +3 Chaos Servent Pyromancer, but the Archangel, Chizfreak, has not as I can read. A pic and confirmation of others would be nice to see first, before I even start to try it myself.

    I have a toon in NG+, I did the Link the Fire ending in NG and now in NG+ there are no brazers lit, so maybe you have to do something before linking the fire. Also I had 1 pendant when I did that so, the reason because it's not lit it's not related to the pendant (at least that's what I think).

    Anyway I don't have a toon on NG++ so I can't check there. Anyone that has a toon that is on NG++ or more and did at least once the Link the fire ending please check the brazers just before the gate to Kiln.


    _________________
    ChizFreak
    A.K.A
    The Ninja Assassin - 1st Leeroy Cosplayer
    Master Backstabber - Daddy Long Legs


    PSN ID: ChizFreak - Steam ID: ChizFreak - YT: http://www.youtube.com/user/ChizFreak
    avatar
    Gol
    Addicted
    Addicted

    Posts : 261
    Reputation : 4
    Join date : 2012-02-10

    Re: The great search

    Post by Gol on Wed Feb 29, 2012 1:13 pm

    I honestly think you're wrong.

    I got a theory about those braziers :

    There's 9 of them + another at the top (and if i remember it's a bigger one).
    There's 9 boss souls and 10 embers.

    For each item, when you want to use it, there's the "Are you sure ?" stuff.
    That means they're important.

    When you offer the souls to the lordvessel, maybe holding all the embers and all the boss souls (Including the 4 lord souls, not possible until NG+ because you need ornstein's or smough's soul, depending on the one you killed) at the same time (when offering the lord souls) also lit these braziers.

    But I don't think I'm right on this one.
    Now : When you chose the "walk away" ending, there's Kaathe and Frampt (and there's like a lot of them, illusions or simply différent aspects of one entity ? But it's not the subject).
    Anyway, once arrived where the lordvessel is with all the kaathes and frampts, you walk right in front of you like if the "bridge" (?) has been repaired and you could go to the braziers.
    Maybe holding all the boss souls and embers at this moment "activates" a 3rd ending or something like that.

    And maybe being a deprived and holding the pendant and reah's pendant) helps too.
    I think I'm gonna try.

    But you're gonna say "Hey there's only 9 boss souls" but maybe the one at the top is lit once the 9 others are.
    "But there's 10 embers".
    The 10th is the chaos ember, it has nothing to do with the 1st flame so I think this one is useless.

    Anyway, like I said, I'll try.
    avatar
    ChizFreak
    Revived
    Revived

    Posts : 2388
    Reputation : 135
    Join date : 2012-01-17
    Location : Eye of Terror

    Re: The great search

    Post by ChizFreak on Wed Feb 29, 2012 1:19 pm

    Gol wrote:I honestly think you're wrong.

    I got a theory about those braziers :

    There's 9 of them + another at the top (and if i remember it's a bigger one).
    There's 9 boss souls and 10 embers.

    For each item, when you want to use it, there's the "Are you sure ?" stuff.
    That means they're important.

    When you offer the souls to the lordvessel, maybe holding all the embers and all the boss souls (Including the 4 lord souls, not possible until NG+ because you need ornstein's or smough's soul, depending on the one you killed) at the same time (when offering the lord souls) also lit these braziers.

    But I don't think I'm right on this one.
    Now : When you chose the "walk away" ending, there's Kaathe and Frampt (and there's like a lot of them, illusions or simply différent aspects of one entity ? But it's not the subject).
    Anyway, once arrived where the lordvessel is with all the kaathes and frampts, you walk right in front of you like if the "bridge" (?) has been repaired and you could go to the braziers.
    Maybe holding all the boss souls and embers at this moment "activates" a 3rd ending or something like that.

    And maybe being a deprived and holding the pendant and reah's pendant) helps too.
    I think I'm gonna try.

    But you're gonna say "Hey there's only 9 boss souls" but maybe the one at the top is lit once the 9 others are.
    "But there's 10 embers".
    The 10th is the chaos ember, it has nothing to do with the 1st flame so I think this one is useless.

    Anyway, like I said, I'll try.

    I don't think that you're right on this one, I believe that our theory about the brazers sounds more reliable, but I will try to test your theory, I have yet to pick most embers in my playthrough in NG+, so I will pickup them and see if I can use them in any way or if there is a change at the brazers.

    EDIT: I have all bosses' souls (including Gwyn) except the lords' ones because I used them to kindle the Lordvessel. Also I have the Enchanted Ember in my inventory and nothing happens to the brazers.


    _________________
    ChizFreak
    A.K.A
    The Ninja Assassin - 1st Leeroy Cosplayer
    Master Backstabber - Daddy Long Legs


    PSN ID: ChizFreak - Steam ID: ChizFreak - YT: http://www.youtube.com/user/ChizFreak
    avatar
    Gol
    Addicted
    Addicted

    Posts : 261
    Reputation : 4
    Join date : 2012-02-10

    Re: The great search

    Post by Gol on Wed Feb 29, 2012 1:31 pm

    I said you need all boss souls + all embers and chose the "walk away" ending, then maybe something happens.
    And if not, trying with a deprived and the pendant.

    If I'm not right then I'm less wrong, the class + covenant + face thing is pretty... far-fetched.
    It's From Software, the "story and Lore" are not the priority in this game don't expect a super duper complicated enigma.
    But, that means you're human after all, people always chose difficulty.
    avatar
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

    Posts : 8742
    Reputation : 221
    Join date : 2012-02-16
    Age : 29
    Location : The Painted World

    Re: The great search

    Post by WyrmHero on Wed Feb 29, 2012 1:33 pm

    WyrmHero wrote:I loaded my first toon and Im in NG++ and Im very sure the last playthrough was linking the fire and when I went to chek the braziers none was lit. sad

    Hey Chiz, I checked. I did not finish the game with +3 rank y any covenant.


    _________________
    PSN: WyrmHero1945

    Dedicated Blade of the Darkmoon.
    Chaos Legion Str weapons covenant
    avatar
    ChizFreak
    Revived
    Revived

    Posts : 2388
    Reputation : 135
    Join date : 2012-01-17
    Location : Eye of Terror

    Re: The great search

    Post by ChizFreak on Wed Feb 29, 2012 1:38 pm

    WyrmHero wrote:
    WyrmHero wrote:I loaded my first toon and Im in NG++ and Im very sure the last playthrough was linking the fire and when I went to chek the braziers none was lit. sad

    Hey Chiz, I checked. I did not finish the game with +3 rank y any covenant.

    Yep, looks like linking the fire it's not enough. We have to do something more (before) besides linking it. Maybe lit all bonfires, maybe you need to be +3 on a covenant (which I find unlikely). The best we can do now, it ask billy_bayonet what did he do all over his playthrough to see if he did anything different or unusual.


    _________________
    ChizFreak
    A.K.A
    The Ninja Assassin - 1st Leeroy Cosplayer
    Master Backstabber - Daddy Long Legs


    PSN ID: ChizFreak - Steam ID: ChizFreak - YT: http://www.youtube.com/user/ChizFreak

    Sponsored content

    Re: The great search

    Post by Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Mon Oct 23, 2017 10:39 am