Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+42
Intro_To_Madness
Loken
swordiris
Anchises
Delvanoc
SpecOps0
ERm..
RNsunbro
Sentinel of Lightning
Shkar
maelstromm15
White Mamba
Kenko
exod FEAR
Jorund
Seenblack
freebiscuit
ublug
Chronicar
Iblis
Eolan
Buggy Virus
skarekrow13
LinkThis
Spurgun
Doelker
befowler
pylorih
DoughGuy
Gol
Tornesol
Tolvo
sparkly-twinkly-lizard
Flubious
ChizFreak
billy_bayonet
strangejoy
PastaOfDoom
WyrmHero
User
ErrJon6661
sunbro
46 posters

The great search

zarzelius

The great search  - Page 11 Empty Re: The great search

Post by zarzelius Fri Sep 07, 2012 1:50 pm

Ive been around since i got the game for PC and im in the NG+ now.
    Ive read almost every post about lore and secrets i could and so far, this game as well as this forums are awsome XDD
    I just wanted to say this (sorry if some1 already posted it but i couldnt find it ) that in the PC version (prepare to die edition) the pendant description changed to "A simple pendant with no effect.Even so, pleasant memories are crucial to survival on arduous journeys"

I think they are indeed clarifying that it has no "use" but the pleasent memories part is what i still cant quite understand.

Even tho i LOVE the game, i am a bit dissapointed on the many holes we have to fill ourselves in the story.A bit is good, but i think they took it waaay to far imo.

Anyway, keep up the good work guys, just wanted to give my 2 cents about the pendant.

PS: btw i still think we are meant to kill all the firekeepers as they are the only ones assigned to the task of keeping the gods alive and with enough power to continue their reign.
    sunbro
    sunbro
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by sunbro Fri Sep 07, 2012 3:48 pm

@ zarzelius
    The holes you are talkin about
    I wrote in my last post that playing with different toons and covs you'll play the game different so every hole makes sense when playing different toon

When playing as a WOW toon you believe in the gods thus helping your gods
    when playing as a darkwraith you defy the gods
    So in one particular hole you act different with different intend

for example
    Lautrec and the fire keeper......as a man of god you'll kill Lautrec and bring back the firekeeper, and as an evil man I'll say thanks for killing the b*tch could't care less saves me the trouble for killing her myself
    zarzelius

Post by zarzelius Fri Sep 07, 2012 6:40 pm

Yeah i know what you mean sunbro.Some of the game makes more sense depending on what type of character you are.Good point.
    What i meant tho, is that all of that , is your thinking of what is going on in the game.Dont get me wrong as im not being rude at all, just giving my opinion here.That is something that is great about the game, that we can all find tons of diferent stories going on at the same time, but also is not very well design in terms of keeping a correlation between some of the things happening while we play.

That aside,what you are doing is very interesting and i plan to keep hearing from your adventures happy

I just killed the hydra in my new game plus after ringing the 2 bells and finishing anor londo to get the vessel(as well as killing dark sun in the process big grin) so ill check the new content which i havent seen on my 1st gameplay because i wanted to experience the game as it was before the pc version with the new things came out.

Oh , and about the pendant, read what i wrote on my 1st post , they changed the description so im not sure if is the same for yall playing on consoles.
    sunbro
    sunbro
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by sunbro Sat Sep 08, 2012 7:33 am

zarzelius wrote:

That aside,what you are doing is very interesting and i plan to keep hearing from your adventures happy

Oh well stil two to go 8)
    defacto
    defacto
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by defacto Sat Sep 08, 2012 5:55 pm

Repto wrote:Maybe the reason that no dialogue has been found and that there is nothing in the map viewer is simply because the braziers being lit doesn't open up a new area or make an NPC do something. Maybe it just gives us a new item like a weapon or armour set, or a spell, and it's in a place that we already know exists, which is why there is no other collision data.

I don't know if you can see items in the game files or not. If you can, then someone who has time on their hands (and knows how to) should look at all the spells and items to see if there's anything we don't know about. If you can't see them in the files, then maybe that's what the secret of the braziers is, just a new item or spell that we don't know exists because the only place to find it is the game, not the files.

Or maybe we're all just reading too much and thinking too hard, and there actually isn't anything there. Who knows?

Also, good luck with the search sunbro happy Praise the Sun

Nah we've seen all the items as well. This is how we knew about the two armor sets, the elite cleric and the mage armor set that are in the files but not in the game. But people have them due to hacking their characters and giving themselves the items.

Has anyone who has claimed to see one of these lit ever sent in a picture? Is there any actual evidence besides hearsay?

I really hate to think that anyone, especially sunbro is wasting time over people trolling.

Especially after seeing the screenshot of the area with the map viewer, I'm 100% convinced there is nothing there. Sorry guys, but I really think the great search is over.

sunbro
    sunbro
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by sunbro Wed Sep 19, 2012 11:30 am

@ defacto first of all i'm not trolling the community here I'm just helping with the lore in thhis game
    By playing with different toons I'm hoping to shed some light at the unexplained holes in the game
    And about the braziers not being lit or getting lit is apart of the lore
    and second the developer from FROM has said that no one has found the true meaning of the pendant yet
    so if there is someting more it would be online some where or how else would he know if someone has found it
    If there is someting we haven't discoverd yet it would be an online acces on the server
    defacto
    defacto
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by defacto Wed Sep 19, 2012 6:40 pm

sunbro wrote:@ defacto first of all i'm not trolling the community here I'm just helping with the lore in thhis game
    By playing with different toons I'm hoping to shed some light at the unexplained holes in the game
    And about the braziers not being lit or getting lit is apart of the lore
    and second the developer from FROM has said that no one has found the true meaning of the pendant yet
    so if there is someting more it would be online some where or how else would he know if someone has found it
    If there is someting we haven't discoverd yet it would be an online acces on the server

Oh you misunderstand. I never said that YOU were trolling, just people who have claimed to see the braziers lit are trolling.

After months and months, this is a picture or it didn't happen situation. Plus as I have pointed out, there cannot be a single line of dialogue associated with it, which would be bizarre since it would be a major event. It could have an item reward, but we already know about all of the items in the game so it wouldn't be anything substantial.

While I applaud your effort in this, I just don't see any reason to continue. I just don't want anyone wasting their time.

Unless someone who has claimed to see one lit can produce a picture, it's just a wild goose chase.
    sunbro
    sunbro
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by sunbro Thu Sep 20, 2012 6:37 am

@ defacto
    I'm finishing this project anyway because i'm having fun while doing it, and I still have two to go
    also playing with the different toons keeps dark Souls interresting

With my pyromancer toon i got a different dialog with Laurentius he recognizes me as a pyromancer
    So there are some differences while playing like this

And if nothing changes with completing this project it was a nice try and i don't think that someone else has done this so maybe just maybe................
    sunbro
    sunbro
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by sunbro Thu Oct 18, 2012 8:47 am

yesterday I finisched the GraveLord toon and still nothing happend
    So started my new and final run with the deprived toon

Warrior / Warrior of Sunlight / Jubilant Catarina / link the fire
    Knight / Princess's Guard / Astora Noble / link the fire
    Wanderer / Blade of the Darkmoon / Far East traveler / link the fire
    Thief / Darkwraith / Dubious Carim / walk away
    Bandit / Gravelord Servant / Classic Zena / link the fire
    Hunter / Forest Hunter / Delta Farmer / walk away
    Sorcerer / Path of the Dragon / Dragon Scholar / walk away
    Pyromancer / Chaos Servant / Earie Great Swamp / link the fire
    Cleric / Way of White / Thorolund Cleric / link the fire

Deprived / None / commoner

So nine down one to go :roll:

DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Thu Oct 18, 2012 8:52 am

Hopefully you'll get something on the last run. Good to see you back sunbro big grin
    sunbro
    sunbro
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by sunbro Fri Oct 19, 2012 4:20 am

yeah I've been out for sometime
    I work in Belgium now a I stay here during the week so took some time to get my internet here
    But it's up and running now
    sunbro
    sunbro
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by sunbro Mon Jan 07, 2013 11:05 am

well this is the final update on the great search, and is now officialy the great nothing

Completed all the toons runs and nothing happend not even small changes in the different runs

Warrior / Warrior of Sunlight / Jubilant Catarina / link the fire
    Knight / Princess's Guard / Astora Noble / link the fire
    Wanderer / Blade of the Darkmoon / Far East traveler / link the fire
    Thief / Darkwraith / Dubious Carim / walk away
    Bandit / Gravelord Servant / Classic Zena / link the fire
    Hunter / Forest Hunter / Delta Farmer / walk away
    Sorcerer / Path of the Dragon / Dragon Scholar / walk away
    Pyromancer / Chaos Servant / Earie Great Swamp / link the fire
    Cleric / Way of White / Thorolund Cleric / link the fire
    Deprived / None / commoner

For the final run with the deprived I even started a brand new toon so no BB glitch used got up to NG++++

I had a lot of fun "role playing" this game with all my toons but I dont think anything new will be discovered

My last toon is the deprived up the slvl 200 and I made Artorias great sword build and this one will be my main PVP toon ,always fun playing in NG++++ summon some help and they get one shoted by simple enemies twisted
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Mon Jan 07, 2013 12:12 pm

You still get a lot of respect for completing all of these runs. Kudos for the dedication
    sunbro
    sunbro
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by sunbro Mon Jan 07, 2013 12:16 pm

it extends the game massively when you do some actual roleplaying

and thanks for the kudos

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 10, 2024 9:35 am