Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+148
Ifrit
SageOfToads123
Lich180
MikailArksot
StiffNipples
VelvetyOyster5
OminousSquaffle
GenericUsername
SadPanda
tonberryking01
Lmaousine
A Fierce Plankton
CephGabriel
DemonOfFate
Satoshi
divinebeanpole
Wolfsbane
MiareNoKo
Hugh_G_Johnson
Tolvo
ResIsBestStat
Squashy_Avocado
CarverUpqik
Elifia
Thedeadships
jimmyc0341
sure-magicians
Derksers
dragonblade
AnCapaillMor
Forum Pirate
Walter_White
Latitoast
ADirtySlate
twilightwarwolf
skarekrow13
Dibsville
Brigade
Paragon
Pilgrim34
Tchuwib
Tanklord
Werdax
BlazingSoul
Sneezer
KrazykevS10
Zyrrashijn
MistahrFox
Demon Slayer
BLA1NE
FlorisFreakshow
VaDoom
grossemesser
Anchises
densetsushun
sicktwist
Poozila
Folthanos
DMC
amaro57
ted1023
vixder/pennywise
gmwdim
Juutas
ZikoLogiKa NL
Ashran
RePaused
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
BagerX2
sunbro
Drydwir
Xero
Hydreigon11
Murkulanvippi
JaffaCakes
User1
Soris Ice Goldwing
Slarg232
firefighter_raven
Mr.Pickle
SpecialNewb
Kyōkai
drmuto
EeAyEss
rety
Rifter7
FinPeku
Halicarnassis
Coryf2209
Sentiel
XDHappyDX
DemonRider909
Aznul
Elite Knight
Phoenix Rising
Automancer
Rynn
Revoltage
BoggedBox
GkMrBane
Carphil
AnastaciaAstora
TheMeInTeam
OmniBot
argotthar
BackstabFisherman
FattyOfDoom
PlasticandRage
Kirk-Barb
Rarayn
Wilkinson3424
zasmyenok
The Letter X
CaptanSpudsy
Lord of Ash
Razielthemanslayer
joemann
ViralEnsign_
OrnsteinFanBoy
lonewolf
Avenger649
edgie_za
Ryndis
FruitPunchNinja
Cabjoy
Deathsitexxi
befowler
WandererReece
GrinTwist
XuitusTheGreat
callipygias
reim0027
Mr. Tart
greeneless
bmurn
Rudmed
T-King-667
ChaosMoogle
Spurgun
Fatneckwood
BrotherBob
Noob-of-Artorias
Ghadis_God
SublimeSinner
Glutebrah
sparkly-twinkly-lizard
Seignar
xSomax
152 posters

PvP tales!

Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

PvP tales! - Page 32 Empty Re: PvP tales!

Post by Tolvo Sun Apr 28, 2013 1:14 am

Well I just got an incredibly easy victory.

I was DM'ing in the PW and invaded on the bridge, to see a person camping there spamming kick. Only, their first kick put them behind me and towards the pit. So as I got up suddenly they were to the cliff and tried to turtle with their shield as I just kicked them off. Oh the joy.
    ResIsBestStat
    ResIsBestStat
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by ResIsBestStat Sun Apr 28, 2013 6:42 am

Tolvo wrote:Well I just got an incredibly easy victory.

I was DM'ing in the PW and invaded on the bridge, to see a person camping there spamming kick. Only, their first kick put them behind me and towards the pit. So as I got up suddenly they were to the cliff and tried to turtle with their shield as I just kicked them off. Oh the joy.

That was intersting, but what's more intersting is HOW THE *** ARE YOU GETTING ALL THOSE DARKMOON INVASIONS IN THE PAINTED WORLD? I TRY AND NOTHING HAPPENS!
    Tanklord
    Tanklord
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Tanklord Sun Apr 28, 2013 8:26 am

On Friday evening I was Darkmooning with my (currently) SL90 Cleric in the forest. Unfortunately I invaded and got obliterated by the same ganker squad 5 times in a row. However, on the fourth time I invaded them the host dropped me a +14 Balder Side Sword so that was nice of him I suppose. It was the least he could do to compensate me for him and his buddies smashing the **** out of me silly
    Hugh_G_Johnson
    Hugh_G_Johnson
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Hugh_G_Johnson Mon Apr 29, 2013 1:25 am

Well, the despair shall become you event was a blast but it's great to get back to my darkmoon duties. It was a rough welcome back, but my last two invasion were pretty interesting...

First: I spawn by the archer on the roof of Anor Londo. I run towards the boss fog and see summoning phantom, I make sure it's not Solaire then go towards the bonfire. I decide his summon is doomed to fail and grass up, just then I see a health bar and the summons spawns (ggrrr... twistedevil ). I try to set up a 2v2 with one of my silver knight buddies but they go the long way. For my third try I decide to do the same thing with the silver knight who's half hidden atop the second staircase on the roof. I hide and again, they go an unexpected way -- this time I'm glad because I see he's got two phantoms. They go towards the archer and I run across to the other stairway unnoticed. I make the jump from the stairs to the front of the titanite demon room and race ahead to avoid detection.

I hide in the sentinel room by the doorway on the wall side, because it's easier to hit people with magic on that side. Of course, if they hide the host I'll have to bail and reveal myself (I think there's a psychological edge to remain unseen for an extended period). They show up and the host is third in line, I'm just about to make a run to the sentinels when finally I catch a break and they check the room with the silver knight armor. I move to the other side of the door way. I cast HCSM and 2-hand my MLGS. Again I get another break; this time the host is leading the charge! I back off to prevent the HCSM from activating early and time it right to pop out and R2 the host right after all the soul masses hit. He falls toward me with a sliver of health left and cut off from his help. He blocks an R1, but the second one finishes the job. It ended up not being much of a fight, but I enjoy turning 3v1s into stalk and ambush hunting expeditions. twisted

Second: Same start as the first, however, this time it does end up being Solaire. So I double time it and roll off the top of the stairs and see the Second sentinel attacking the host. I'm about the cast HCSM when I see the host high-tail it for the boss fog. I sprint after him and ready CSS, I close in and launch one that barely clears the top of the stairs and lands as he gets blurry at the fog door. It staggers him allowing me to follow up with another for an easy kill. I turn and run away, 'cause it's funny if he dies and never sees me. silly I get near the bottom of the stairs to see Solaire eat a wog from the sentinel, I try to pile on but I can't interact anymore. sad But the sentinel isn't done -- he follows the wog with a vicious overhand halberd slam that flattens solaire! Then just to be a d*** I guess, he heals and poor Solaire is left futilely flailing away at that massive shield. lol!

Last edited by Hugh_G_Johnson on Mon Jun 10, 2013 9:45 pm; edited 2 times in total
    Zyrrashijn
    Zyrrashijn
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Zyrrashijn Mon Apr 29, 2013 5:38 am

There i was, after climbing all the way from Nito's golden fog (where i found out that Leeroy doesn't show up) back to the dim light of Lordran's surface, going for Darkroot. I chose to go the long way through burg with cat cov ring equipped; to get some training. It's mostly gank squads i encountered, 2vs1. But there's these three episodes, that made me smile:
    Twice i met a ganker in gold-hemmed black robes that fell of the cliff, trying to evade my catchpole, really entertaining.
    And then, i invade and see a fellow forest hunter running for his life with host and phantom at his heels. He runs straight towards me and so do i, doing the running R1 as he passes me, stopping the phantom immediately. Then, with even odds, i was able to kill the host while the phantom was distracted by the fellow hunter.
    I never came to know who he was.
    grossemesser
    grossemesser
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by grossemesser Mon Apr 29, 2013 4:18 pm

If that hunter had a gold hemmed top and black leather pants and pigtails that was in all likely hood me. Also if that gold hemmed ganker you chased off the cliff was hiding out on the edge of the cliff up against the stairs Thank You.

Cool thing happened last night in the forest. I spawn at the bottom of the steps near the bonfire and see a set of gold boots above. I think "Oh no, not again!" and spam the roll until I can move clear. Once I am clear I see a Lautrec cosplayer getting monkey stomped by the fog ring knight! It was to much for him and over really quick. I just sat back and watched.
    Zyrrashijn
    Zyrrashijn
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Zyrrashijn Mon Apr 29, 2013 6:35 pm

I was in bandit armour, bare head, with titanite catchpole and spidershield. I really do not remember exactly. But it was at the large open before Alvinas tower. I think the other hunter had a hood or thievemask for headgear
    reim0027
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 Tue Apr 30, 2013 12:25 am

Trying out a KJ build. Invade the forest. KJ the phantom - dead. Then kill the host. He sends a PM calling me a cheater. I reply "?". He tells me he can see my HP when I spawn. Nobody likes a hacker, especially Sony and From. I pm him back saying I have 40 vit, 1325 HP. I don't know how to hack a PS3, and a true hacked PS3 in this game is very rare. In the thousands of hours I've put into this game, I've never seen a hacker.

Still waiting on his reply.
    Dibsville
    Dibsville
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Post by Dibsville Tue Apr 30, 2013 12:33 am

I just recently saw a hacker on PS3. I was invading as a Blue in the Forest and he was a Red dragon form. He just sat there while the host whacked on him then he used the Dragonhead Stone with infinite Endurance and slowly pushed the host off a cliff.
    Best hacker ever.
    Hugh_G_Johnson
    Hugh_G_Johnson
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Hugh_G_Johnson Tue Apr 30, 2013 1:44 am

@Reim: Sometimes if you're looking where someone spawns you'll see a life bar, then a number pops up right before they actually spawn. The number appears to be completely random. I saw a number over 9,000 once and thought it was a hacker, but he turned out legit. I think I've seen numbers that were legit and some that were small (200-ish), too. It's tough to get a look and it doesn't always happen, so don't quote me. I know for a fact I saw the 9,000+ number though.

He might not know about karmic justice, or he may have experience against a hacker using KJ before. The only person that I've fought and can 100% confirm as a hacker just walked over to me and used KJ before I even thought about attacking. Still; even if he had run into a hacker like that, he should have noticed your HP diminish and realized your KJ was legit...
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Tue Apr 30, 2013 10:22 pm

So earlier I was helping Fin with a quick run through of the DLC, I was on my mage and I could nuke bosses like they were nothing. At one point I got summoned and just saw an invader as I arrived. Without thinking I just ran towards them with my MLGS and started attacking not realizing they were having a one on one with Fin and that they were basically dead.

Only moments after did I realize I ran up behind and just killed Vadoom according to Fin. Oopsie, my bad man. Would have gone one on one bro if I had known. Whether I would be using flickering Pursuers at the time might be up to how **** I felt in the moment though. silly
    reim0027
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 Tue Apr 30, 2013 10:35 pm

@Hugh - you're probably right. Ironically, I invaded him again, didn't use KJ or DB. He and his phantom ganked me (after getting pissed that I ganked him). I let him beat me. I sent him a PM: See" 1325. He appologized. Its all good now.
    ResIsBestStat
    ResIsBestStat
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by ResIsBestStat Wed May 01, 2013 4:57 am

I invaded a guy using Ancient Pulse...
    How *** is that?
    MiareNoKo
    MiareNoKo

Post by MiareNoKo Thu May 02, 2013 12:57 am

Was catbroing it up with my unfinished SL10 dual wield build earlier. Usual assortment of gankers etc. Then I ran into someone who was just hanging out praising the sun and doing the skulled shuffle. So we screw around for a while, I bow, drop a thief mask, and BC out. Next invasion is the same person, BC again.
    A few invasions later I get this guy again, and he's actually fighting a phantom and one of the forest NPCs. He runs up the entrance stairs, I follow cautiously, and then he busts out WoG. The other catbro goes off the cliff, but the NPC survives. I move in to throw out some pyro, but miss. He takes a stab at me, I dodge as well. But in doing so, I fall onto the ledge below. Welp, I'm wrath bait...but then the NPC whacks him onto the ledge with me. I take this opportunity to get stabby with my JGB. Unfortunately I don't break poise and still get blasted by a point-blank WoG, tossing my corpse off the cliff. But at the same time, I hear the bleed-out sound and a death scream. You died, target eliminated, you were indicted.
    No hate mail, but we met one more time later, and he spawn-wrathed me, so he certainly wasn't in the mood for Uchi Gangnam Style anymore.
    grossemesser
    grossemesser
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by grossemesser Thu May 02, 2013 3:02 am

Whilst Darkmooning the Forest I run up against a gold phantom dragon who fire blasted me for what I swear was a solid 30 sec. I could not get out of it. He endless fired me and then made his TCC laugh at me. I don't know if he was hacking or just uber powerful but he fried me good.
    AnCapaillMor
    AnCapaillMor
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by AnCapaillMor Thu May 02, 2013 4:38 am

Could be the infinite stamina hack, not a uncommon one and mostly see it used like that.
    VaDoom
    VaDoom
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by VaDoom Thu May 02, 2013 4:43 am

Tolvo wrote:So earlier I was helping Fin with a quick run through of the DLC, I was on my mage and I could nuke bosses like they were nothing. At one point I got summoned and just saw an invader as I arrived. Without thinking I just ran towards them with my MLGS and started attacking not realizing they were having a one on one with Fin and that they were basically dead.

Only moments after did I realize I ran up behind and just killed Vadoom according to Fin. Oopsie, my bad man. Would have gone one on one bro if I had known. Whether I would be using flickering Pursuers at the time might be up to how **** I felt in the moment though. silly

Oh you gankers... big grin. Haha I deserved that one, don't worry, that's the rules of invading.
    I didn't realise that was you till I read the story here. Awesome tongue
    When I saw Fin was summoning a phantom, I just ran like crazy to the bonefire and started to spam attacks like a bot would spam nasty mails ("Want to enlarge your...?" Apparently, Fin didn't want to). But to no avail, Tolvo the savior arrived and sent me back home.
    If I remember correctly, Fin was close to death too. sad

Last edited by VaDoom on Thu May 02, 2013 4:54 am; edited 1 time in total
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Thu May 02, 2013 4:45 am

Yep one or two more hits and he would have died.

But MLGS R1 R1 R1 prevailed.
    Wolfsbane
    Wolfsbane

Post by Wolfsbane Thu May 02, 2013 8:24 am

I just recently been playing with my new Boxer in the Burg. Still SL13 and there were a lot of white sigs at the first bonfire. Basically farming for the keys I'll ned and the bottomless box and what not when I hear that familiar sound followed by "so and so has invaded your world" I was all like wtf? at SL13 I'm toast. LOL I "put up my dukes" and began dancing like a butterfly. Never really got to sting like a Bee since this guy was way overpowered still was a good PvP test. I learned to keep my Boxer good looks on the downlo for now (Staying undead)
    lol
    Tchuwib
    Tchuwib
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Tchuwib Thu May 02, 2013 9:28 am

I got a PvP this morning without really looking for it. I had an epiphany about my cosplay build to make a descent normal PvP with it last night so this morning I went to farm material in Kiln. Forgot I was alive and not really gear up for PvP. But I was lucky enough to have someone with probably a troll or didn't care much build. She caught up to me at the BKGS with who I was battling and trying to finish him fast so I could PvP her. So half full into the battle I kept trying to find a few moment to heal up since she just rushed me. Doing WoG when she could and fishing for BS. I've eventually manage to stunlock her a few second to go behind a hill and fully heal up. But she had switched to a Hand axe? Thinking I wasn't worth the trouble. So I've did the 1HR2 combo on her to a finish. I was expecting to die in this fight, but was lucky enough to manage a win. Great start for the morning.
    divinebeanpole
    divinebeanpole
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by divinebeanpole Thu May 02, 2013 2:37 pm

Must add a tale

So I was sporting my sloughs armor and crown or the dark sun, and an invader comes bearing no weapons and some thorn armor and will only backstabs me with bare fist or roll into me. So taking little damage, I take out my bow and begin to walk around slowly as if sleepwalking, and scratching my fat *** since something keeps tickling me ( 2h bow r2r2r2 l2l2l2).

We were in the burg, so after about what must have been a jabillionty backstabs, I made my slow trek up to the crossbow sniper tower, where I could get a better view of the sun, scratching myself along the way. I begin to repeatedly praise the sun, so my invader runs to the stairs where the flaming barrel rolls down and commits suicide. This must have taken a good ten minutes haha, nice change in pace from fighting lololol
    EeAyEss
    EeAyEss
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by EeAyEss Thu May 02, 2013 3:08 pm

I love rtsr.

Using the Scythe for the first time, I like it better than the G. Halberd, so I was in the Kiln getting some chunks, then i decided to invade with my Bastard Sword (i dunno why) and I invaded a gank. After failing miserably to do any lasting damage, courtesy of an estu-holic host, I let them chip me to rtsr range. I backstab the silly white phantom. 1123~ dmg, dead. Insta-parry the goldie with a bkga after recovering from the backstab. 1325~ damage, dead. Host charges with washing pole, side step backstab - 1123~ dmg, dead.

Best gank spank of my entire life, peeps.
    Tchuwib
    Tchuwib
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Tchuwib Thu May 02, 2013 6:00 pm

This morning I got invaded while trying to farm kiln, but now when I decided to go kill Gwyn I run up again to a fellow forumer "luv2fight" (I've run twice into that guy so far XD. But this time not in coop) . He was invading as spirit of vengeance, since I've killed all my npc before leaving, I deserved to give him a good fight XD. So I've BSS the helping phantom so we could 1v1 alone. Just as I was going back at the start he messaged me. We chatted a bit then met up at the start for duel. He was doing Lautrec cosplay so it was a pretty good fight. We did a good honorable fight and in the end I was victorious. I teased him to drop is WSS now since I didn't have anymore phantom to fight Gwyn.

Later on, when I was about to stop for today at the first BF in Burg. I got Spirited again. This time it was a guy cosplaying as Oswald. Couldn't feel any more guilty. Got back in the FC arena of Burg, we bowed and had an honorable fight. His poise was a bit to low for my claymore so I've got him down quick, but he did put out a good fight. I've thanked him for the fight and now I'm gonna rush next time to go pay my Sin dept as soon as possible, sorry
    PvP tales! - Page 32 1330857165
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Fri May 03, 2013 9:15 pm

So I was hosting in the Township with my Tarkus cosplay and ran into this one guy three times. The first time I bowed, and he did in turn. We had a fun little duel and I got him to low health while beating him pretty well. He was using a Halberd, Broadsword, and Claymore, just a Greatsword for myself. At about 80 health he suddenly sprints towards the mobs and pulled out a humanity, but I hit him once killing him then killed the mob. I rested, he invaded again. Bowed, had a close fight and got him to low health. He sprints again this time to the pack of four and pops a humanity. I go down and he starts rolling around and dead angling FORCe, knocking me into a corner with four mobs around me he took out his halbard. As I got up I was two handing, and just swung away stunlocking everything around me while my RTSR went off and I stunlocked and killed him and the four mobs. He invades again, this time he runs straight for the stairs and waits with his talisman out to push me off the side. I use my crossbow to hit him a bit but he starts rolling whenever I fire, so eventually shield up I go at him. I put on my hornet this time to just get rid of him. I get near to him and he keeps dead angling force and I'm blocking it mostly but every now and then I get hit. Eventually he goes for a backstab right when I was near the edge but I kicked him back, so back to casting force to knock me off. Eventually through one I rolled, got up and backstabbed him for a one shot. Since then I haven't run into the guy.
    Latitoast
    Latitoast
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Latitoast Fri May 03, 2013 9:27 pm

I just invaded this guy in AL.

He has a phantom in Smough's with a Giant's Shield and the Dragon Tooth, and he's using Black Knight Armor, a Halberd, and Miracles.

I fall back to the Main Hall, and they finally get gutsy enough to fight me on the stairs. I backstab Smough while the Black Knight tries to get me with his halberd, after failing to hit me with all 10 of his Great Lightning Spears. Smough is near dead, and Black Knight doesn't heal him. A Sentinel brings down the Halberd of justice and kill Smough. The host took about 200ish damage from the attack too. The Host falls down the stairs, and I drop down on top of him with my Greatsword for the killing blow.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:41 am