Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+148
Ifrit
SageOfToads123
Lich180
MikailArksot
StiffNipples
VelvetyOyster5
OminousSquaffle
GenericUsername
SadPanda
tonberryking01
Lmaousine
A Fierce Plankton
CephGabriel
DemonOfFate
Satoshi
divinebeanpole
Wolfsbane
MiareNoKo
Hugh_G_Johnson
Tolvo
ResIsBestStat
Squashy_Avocado
CarverUpqik
Elifia
Thedeadships
jimmyc0341
sure-magicians
Derksers
dragonblade
AnCapaillMor
Forum Pirate
Walter_White
Latitoast
ADirtySlate
twilightwarwolf
skarekrow13
Dibsville
Brigade
Paragon
Pilgrim34
Tchuwib
Tanklord
Werdax
BlazingSoul
Sneezer
KrazykevS10
Zyrrashijn
MistahrFox
Demon Slayer
BLA1NE
FlorisFreakshow
VaDoom
grossemesser
Anchises
densetsushun
sicktwist
Poozila
Folthanos
DMC
amaro57
ted1023
vixder/pennywise
gmwdim
Juutas
ZikoLogiKa NL
Ashran
RePaused
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
BagerX2
sunbro
Drydwir
Xero
Hydreigon11
Murkulanvippi
JaffaCakes
User1
Soris Ice Goldwing
Slarg232
firefighter_raven
Mr.Pickle
SpecialNewb
Kyōkai
drmuto
EeAyEss
rety
Rifter7
FinPeku
Halicarnassis
Coryf2209
Sentiel
XDHappyDX
DemonRider909
Aznul
Elite Knight
Phoenix Rising
Automancer
Rynn
Revoltage
BoggedBox
GkMrBane
Carphil
AnastaciaAstora
TheMeInTeam
OmniBot
argotthar
BackstabFisherman
FattyOfDoom
PlasticandRage
Kirk-Barb
Rarayn
Wilkinson3424
zasmyenok
The Letter X
CaptanSpudsy
Lord of Ash
Razielthemanslayer
joemann
ViralEnsign_
OrnsteinFanBoy
lonewolf
Avenger649
edgie_za
Ryndis
FruitPunchNinja
Cabjoy
Deathsitexxi
befowler
WandererReece
GrinTwist
XuitusTheGreat
callipygias
reim0027
Mr. Tart
greeneless
bmurn
Rudmed
T-King-667
ChaosMoogle
Spurgun
Fatneckwood
BrotherBob
Noob-of-Artorias
Ghadis_God
SublimeSinner
Glutebrah
sparkly-twinkly-lizard
Seignar
xSomax
152 posters

PvP tales!

ted1023
    ted1023
    Addicted
    Addicted

PvP tales! - Page 17 Empty Re: PvP tales!

Post by ted1023 Fri Feb 01, 2013 4:12 pm

One of my most nerve racking PVP battles was last night in the Lower Undead Burg. My toon is a level 25 and I Kept invading this one guy that would just one shot me with the MLGS or dark bead or CSS.. So finally I decided to change my armor to give me a little better defense but keep the ability to stay mobile. I was using a un-upgraded chaos laito and Queelaags Fury Sword. Once again I invade this guy but I was determined to not get one shotted this time.

First thing he used was dark bead I was able to avoid the first 2 blast and tag him for a whopping 67 damage.. He was in full stone knights armor. He then switched to the MLGS I was thanking the darks souls gods cause I wasn't sure how many more Dark beads I could avoid. I was waiting for the obvious attack a R2 followed up by the R1 Spam. Sure enough Bam!! Right on schedule I landed a parry off the spam and riposted for a whopping 498 damage. What does he do?? "THE BASTID FLASKED" so I punished with a B.S. 300+ Damage.

He had so much poise he could flask at will. Then bam I got hit with a partial dark bead 600+ damage "holy ****" I'm thinking I'm dead. so at this point he starts blasting D.B at me and I'm bouncing like a crack head on fire. I was able to land a rolling B.S. he then switched back to MLGS and again parry. Then when all else fails he switched to WOTG.. I got away quick just long enough to pop a humanity.. I figured hell with it.

He flasked again and I punished. This went back and fourth then he did something that put a smile on my face and I was almost positive it would be over soon. He switched the BKGA and came charging, my shield tanked the first hit and parried the second. And as he got up I ran with a lung attack as he went to flask "IT'S OVER!!!" I COLLECTED 114000 + SOULS … My lvl 25 took on a lvl 337 and finally won!
    gmwdim
    gmwdim
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by gmwdim Fri Feb 01, 2013 4:21 pm

ted1023 wrote:One of my most nerve racking PVP battles was last night in the Lower Undead Burg. My toon is a level 25 and I Kept invading this one guy that would just one shot me with the MLGS or dark bead or CSS.. So finally I decided to change my armor to give me a little better defense but keep the ability to stay mobile. I was using a un-upgraded chaos laito and Queelaags Fury Sword. Once again I invade this guy but I was determined to not get one shotted this time.

First thing he used was dark bead I was able to avoid the first 2 blast and tag him for a whopping 67 damage.. He was in full stone knights armor. He then switched to the MLGS I was thanking the darks souls gods cause I wasn't sure how many more Dark beads I could avoid. I was waiting for the obvious attack a R2 followed up by the R1 Spam. Sure enough Bam!! Right on schedule I landed a parry off the spam and riposted for a whopping 498 damage. What does he do?? "THE BASTID FLASKED" so I punished with a B.S. 300+ Damage.

He had so much poise he could flask at will. Then bam I got hit with a partial dark bead 600+ damage "holy ****" I'm thinking I'm dead. so at this point he starts blasting D.B at me and I'm bouncing like a crack head on fire. I was able to land a rolling B.S. he then switched back to MLGS and again parry. Then when all else fails he switched to WOTG.. I got away quick just long enough to pop a humanity.. I figured hell with it.

He flasked again and I punished. This went back and fourth then he did something that put a smile on my face and I was almost positive it would be over soon. He switched the BKGA and came charging, my shield tanked the first hit and parried the second. And as he got up I ran with a lung attack as he went to flask "IT'S OVER!!!" I COLLECTED 114000 + SOULS … My lvl 25 took on a lvl 337 and finally won!

Congrats man, that sounds intense! I had a pretty intense fight yesterday with my SL 55 against a guy with a ton of hp (at least 2000). So I messaged him after to ask his level and he said 328. I wonder how many of these guys do it legit, because I calculated that getting up to that level takes something like 120-130 million souls. Definitely do-able for experienced pvp guys who often carry millions of souls around, but considering he nearly lost to me, a level 55 guy who sucks at pvp, I have reason to doubt.
    amaro57

Post by amaro57 Fri Feb 01, 2013 6:45 pm

Well done on the victory, ted! I can share your pain all too well involving Black Magic. :X

So the first day I played Dark Souls, I met a very helpful soul in the small chamber in the undead parish under the dragon bridge. Taught me to arrow the Drake's tail to get the sword and we eventually became really good co-op friends with a lot of adventures.

First invasion to ever happen to me was after we cleared the bridge of the dragon and got to the sunlight altar. I was giddy with fear because unlike Demon's, I had no idea what to expect from invaders in Dark. I confront him with my good friend and another phantom by my side. The second summoned phantom falls to the Darkwraith and I'm starting to get really scared of his clearly superior abilities. My friend takes a turn and also falls after a good 2 minute skirmish on the bridge, I cant imagine the FPS lag helped at all. Eventually, it's my turn, oh boy. He bows to me, without healing or anything, and I bow back from habit a bit after he does. While I'm bowing, he goes up to me and I realize I'm locked in the bow animation.

That was the first time I ever got OHKOed by the Black Hand R2 and lost the only Humanity I had. :<

Let's see... there was another time when I first got to the Forest Covenant area, of course, without knowing about the forest covenant. My god, I was what, SL 30 or something? It was the purest hell I had ever experienced in a game. And it was not because of the human enemies nor the fogged enemies, oh hell no, it was the sheer panic I experienced when I get invaded by this weird new phantom called a "spirit of vengeance".

I was going to recover a really valuable 40k soul and 2 humanity bloodstain at the time, and I get invaded. I think 'urgh, why now?!' Then it's suddenly followed by a second invasion and my stomach churns because I really really wanted that bloodstain back. Looking, both phantoms are in front of the ruins where my bloodstain lies and are very opaque, I can make them out mostly from their blue/purplish glow. Steeling myself, I ready my recently acquired Balder Shield and Iato +2 while equipped with some assortment of armor but was still fast-rolling.

The churn in my stomach pretty much mutated into a full on sweat of panic. What the hell, what the hell, WHAT THE HELL?! WHY CAN I NOT LOCK-ON TO THESE GUYS?! A glitch right now of all times?! I had no idea how to fight something without lock-on due to taking it for granted for all of Demon's Souls and Dark Souls as of then.

I was ripped to shreds with two lightning katana fogged flippers since I had virtually no poise and no idea how it worked. The despair I felt at the hands of my defeat and the loss of the bloodstain was just... just... I cannot describe it. Welcome to Dark Souls indeed.
    EeAyEss
    EeAyEss
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by EeAyEss Fri Feb 01, 2013 8:55 pm

Hmmmm... I remember when I first joined the forest hunters... I would invade using a silly iato... and this dude. THIS DUDE.

Remember when lightning weapons did so much damage? This dude was ninja flipping and had a lightning Gaxe. dafuq? I died so many times to him
    Mr. Tart
    Mr. Tart
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Mr. Tart Mon Feb 04, 2013 8:04 pm

So me and Bloodpact91 were doing some pvp in the forest separately after having done lots of co-op. As i ''farm'' pvp in the forest a hacker invades. The hacker had the health hack, speed hack, stun hack and possibly something else. I try to kick him off the cliff, but he rolls away from it everytime, just messing with me. Almost killing me, leaving me with such a small amount of health that i could hardly see it on the bar. I eventually decided to run for the boss as he decided to finish me off, so i backed off with my shield up. Another invader who's not a hacker invades, he had teamworked with the hacker earlier, but i got him before. As he invades, the hacker turns around showing some interest in him. I take advantage of this and run for my life to Sif, activating the boss shortly after waving them off. After that i use a homeward bone and return to the bonfire.

I tell Bloodpact91 about it, and then summon him for some regular pvp farming. Well guess what? The very same hacker invades again. This time around, seemingly wanting to kill Blood, so i backstab him in an attempt to save Blood. He turns around for me, and so Blood decides to distract him as i run for the boss once again. Blood then comes after me as we head there, when suddenly i get backstabbed. Blood comes back for me and saves my arse right on time, by backstabbing the invader. I run for the fog and go through it, finally ending the torment.
    Cabjoy
    Cabjoy
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Cabjoy Mon Feb 04, 2013 9:03 pm

So I'm invading in the forest at probably around SL 35 (working on my SL55 build) not really expecting to have a whole lot of success but having some fun anyway. I invade a hacker and I get excited, thinking I'll never have to farm for souls again! This guy wasn't just a hacker, but possible the WORST Dark Souls player I've ever seen in my life.

Initially I just start sussing him out, noticed I had a forest bro and tried to indicate to him that we need to push him of the edge. Well my forest friend ends up dying, and it's left to me to finish the fight. After many attempts to kick him off the edge (I literally carried him 10-20m with kick, because he kept trying to swing his Dragon tooth whenever he was out of stun... =_= ) I decided I needed to turn to bleed.

I hadn't tried it earlier because I didn't think I had any bleed weapons, but then noticed I had the mace from the start of the game. The guy ended up cornering himself between the mossy rock and the wall closest to the stairs, and since he had no poise I continued to wail at him with my mace. He couldn't get out, and he just kept trying to swing his slow weapon so I could interrupt him super easily. I bleed him out about 3 times, he dies, and I get excited expecting millions of souls!!

Aaaand I get 1100 souls... Well, ***.

To top it off, he sends me a message saying, "Oh my god, FINALLY. Thankyou."

I was confused. It was like he was saying his hack was a curse?...
    Sentiel
    Sentiel
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Sentiel Tue Feb 05, 2013 5:35 am

Mr. Tart wrote:So me and Bloodpact91 were doing some pvp in the forest separately after having done lots of co-op. As i ''farm'' pvp in the forest a hacker invades. The hacker had the health hack, speed hack, stun hack and possibly something else. I try to kick him off the cliff, but he rolls away from it everytime, just messing with me. Almost killing me, leaving me with such a small amount of health that i could hardly see it on the bar. I eventually decided to run for the boss as he decided to finish me off, so i backed off with my shield up. Another invader who's not a hacker invades, he had teamworked with the hacker earlier, but i got him before. As he invades, the hacker turns around showing some interest in him. I take advantage of this and run for my life to Sif, activating the boss shortly after waving them off. After that i use a homeward bone and return to the bonfire.

I tell Bloodpact91 about it, and then summon him for some regular pvp farming. Well guess what? The very same hacker invades again. This time around, seemingly wanting to kill Blood, so i backstab him in an attempt to save Blood. He turns around for me, and so Blood decides to distract him as i run for the boss once again. Blood then comes after me as we head there, when suddenly i get backstabbed. Blood comes back for me and saves my arse right on time, by backstabbing the invader. I run for the fog and go through it, finally ending the torment.
    What the hell is a speed and stun hack?
    Mr. Tart
    Mr. Tart
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Mr. Tart Tue Feb 05, 2013 6:16 am

What it sounds like. Speed hack = Runs faster than he's suppose to obviously. Stun hack = stuns when he's not suppose to be able to.
    Sentiel
    Sentiel
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Sentiel Tue Feb 05, 2013 6:45 am

Mr. Tart wrote:What it sounds like. Speed hack = Runs faster than he's suppose to obviously. Stun hack = stuns when he's not suppose to be able to.
    Thanks.

Look Skyward
    Some people...
    Mr. Tart
    Mr. Tart
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Mr. Tart Tue Feb 05, 2013 6:53 am

Shrug

Edit: The worst part about it was that he really just tried to taunt and mess with me, until i/we ran for the boss etc.
    Sentiel
    Sentiel
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Sentiel Tue Feb 05, 2013 7:48 am

I've semi completed my new SL 100 (currently 99, because I was told some people care about that one SL Look Skyward ) and decided to try Gravelording with it in Burg. It went exceptionaly well.

My first SoV invaded me in the first minute after using Eye of Death.
    As I defeated him, another showed up, then some Darkwraith and I had a line of people wanting to kill me with always at least one invader waiting for the previous one to die. My Rapier was ill-matched for this situation. It's a good weapon, but it takes time to kill with it. Duel
    So I slowly switched weapons to reach Gravelord Sword (I can't even 1H it) with some over 70 Poise armor. That made the fights go a lot faster.

It was cheap, I'll admit. I used the R1 --> R1 --> R2 combo, which usually did around 1200 damage and I could even add a bs to it.

Sometimes, invaders got impatient and it was a big free for all. Strangely, they never tried to kill me and fought each other instead. When you see two SoVs fight a DW, while they're all ignoring the host, it's a sight to behold. First of these got dealt with with the help of my friend Fire Tempest and the rest ended up in me jumping in the middle and madly swinging the Gravelord Sword.

I have no idea what I was doing. big grin

Got over 30 :eye-death: in two hours and a ton of hatemail.

It was a good night. cheers
    DMC
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by DMC Tue Feb 05, 2013 8:13 am

^ Ha.
    I got GL cursed in the Burg last night. I never even got the warning, just ran out from the bonfire and got jumped by two dredgling BPs lol. My first time seeing GL BPs.
    I'm a pvp noob and lost about 25-30 fights and won 2.
    Got hate mail for using dark magic. My build is a glass cannon mage. The guy still beat me but was maaaaaad I used dark magic lol. I dunno. Another guy who I messaged told me to just use whatever I want. I mean I have 22 vit, 24 end and 0 poise. I bow and wait until the buffs have been applied. And I suck anyway.
    Am I really not allowed cast certain spells either?!
    The Letter X
    The Letter X
    Revived
    Revived

Post by The Letter X Tue Feb 05, 2013 8:39 am

^Some people think that, but don't listen to them, DMC.

So I was hosting in the Township this weekend and I was doing fairly well for just comìng back after taking a break. During about a 1-2 hour session, I was undefeated and feeling pretty high and mighty. That is until an interesting tank invaded me and ended that. This person had a mixture of cleric's and stone armor with the DKGA or DGS as weapons and the Bonewheel shield for an interesting combo to fight against. This person was probably the best tank/mid-roller I've ever fought. They even mixed in the heavy crossbow at appropriate times and had the RTSR for epic comebacks. We had 3 amazing 5 minute long duels, and this person became my favorite to fight against because of the difference in their build. It was cool seeing a mid-rolling tank perform better against me than many buffing DEX users for a change that day.
    Sentiel
    Sentiel
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Sentiel Tue Feb 05, 2013 9:23 am

@DMC
    You're not allowed to win.
    No matter what you use, people will still hate on it, because they lost. Even if you kill them with Straight Sword Hilt, there will be some that will send you hate mail.

PvP tales! - Page 17 Haters-gonna-hate

@X
    Damn, that sounds amazing.
    I wish I could meet this guy, but I don't like Township. It's worse than Forest these days.

I met a guy dual wielding Lucerne yesterday. He was actually pretty good with it and got me one time out of three matches. Very refreshing whenever you meet someone like that.
    Cabjoy
    Cabjoy
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Cabjoy Tue Feb 05, 2013 7:49 pm

Sentiel wrote:
    PvP tales! - Page 17 Haters-gonna-hate

I upvoted just for this gif Sentiel. I swear Deadpool was the greatest thing about MvC3. I probably should've kept with UMvC3 but... neah. silly
    WandererReece
    WandererReece
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by WandererReece Tue Feb 05, 2013 8:00 pm

Sentiel wrote:Even if you kill them with Straight Sword Hilt, there will be some that will send you hate mail.

Because we all know the Straight Sword Hilt is overpowered.
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Tue Feb 05, 2013 8:12 pm

Waaaaay overpowered. Buff that thing with DMB and it's a killer.

Noob sauce.
    Juutas
    Juutas
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Juutas Wed Feb 06, 2013 9:23 am

I started to PvP naked again and to spice things up a bit I use Fog ring and sunlight maggot on my head ( I call it "The Lamp" ) and people hate me even more than before...so yeah, you really can't use anything.

PvP tales! - Page 17 2905764326
    WandererReece
    WandererReece
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by WandererReece Wed Feb 06, 2013 11:11 am

WhatDoesThePendantDo? wrote:Waaaaay overpowered. Buff that thing with DMB and it's a killer.

Noob sauce.

Actually, there is some truth to that. Once I summoned a friend. My character was 120, and his was 130ish. I put Sunlight Blade on an unupgraded Iato and killed him in a few hits.
    ZikoLogiKa NL
    ZikoLogiKa NL
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by ZikoLogiKa NL Thu Feb 07, 2013 3:50 am

Spent the past 10 days in the Catacombs and there was this one Darkwraith who only invaded to ''spoil Vamos' focus'' , forcing you to watch the cutscene before he BC'ed out. LOL.

Third time he came in and ran away , I messaged him asking what's up so that's when he told me.:pirat:
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Thu Feb 07, 2013 8:52 am

I was invading in the Kiln with my fat roll strength build, and after a few duels I ran into someone turtling with like, 56 poise and a Silver Tracer. I danced a bit, going for hits when I could and every time they went for a backstab which I denied. They were fast rolling, and had Hornet's I imagine. After enough time they switched to the Gold Tracer and started spamming R1.

Trading with a Demon Great Machete is not the best idea with 56 poise. So I stunlocked them to near death, which prompted them to run away as fast as they could. Stopping for a chug they got one off, but mid chase I switched to Hornet's and got a backstab off.

It was quite amusing, since they could have easily lagstabbed me to death since i'm low vit. But, we actually had a really solid connection.

lol!
    BagerX2
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by BagerX2 Thu Feb 07, 2013 8:52 pm

You know whats fun, that awkward moment when you die on a low SL pvp character in the forrest, you send someone a good fight message, and they send you one back saying you fought pretty good for a new player... At that point what do you even say back?
    Cabjoy
    Cabjoy
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Cabjoy Fri Feb 08, 2013 12:24 am

BagerX2 wrote:You know whats fun, that awkward moment when you die on a low SL pvp character in the forrest, you send someone a good fight message, and they send you one back saying you fought pretty good for a new player... At that point what do you even say back?

I love going low SL in the forest now that I've made my SL55 toon. Sure, I can still get bodied by really high level guys a lot of the time but I feel like it's fair game with anyone below SL100-110. It's funny when people assume you're bad like you're saying above, when you almost take them out despite being considerably lower level than them.

I've been surprised at how many people I've fought lately with 2000+ hp in the forest, and have been pretty happy with my efforts considering I need to land around 9 clean hits to take em out.
    BagerX2
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by BagerX2 Fri Feb 08, 2013 2:53 am

I have been killing plenty of people in the forest, many 200+, the particular guy in this instance claimed to be 700. I could have killed him if I had used pyromancy rather than my sword, but I have been using the flame so much the last few days that I decided to just use my dark sword. Took him down pretty far, but failing a few parries, and failing to dodge a backstab ended it.
    gmwdim
    gmwdim
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by gmwdim Fri Feb 08, 2013 6:53 am

My SL 55 glass cannon got BC'd in Anor Londo by an uncooperative host, so, figuring it was too late for US and too early for many Japanese players to be on, I thought I'd try invading the same guy with a cracked red eye orb (yeah I know, even after hundreds of sunlight medals I'm still a bad phantom). Instead I landed in Dark Anor Londo against a host who backflipped his way up to me while I was spawning and got two hits off. The third would have certainly killed me but I managed to block it with my shield, and then turned and fled, hoping to use some silver knights for help. Halfway to the nearest knight I suddenly had a change of heart for some reason, figuring it was cheap, so I turned around and one-shotted my pursuer with Dark Bead. I rarely use the "well what is it" gesture because I find that "praise the sun" pisses people off even more in pvp. So that's what I did. happy

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 08, 2024 8:52 am