Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+148
Ifrit
SageOfToads123
Lich180
MikailArksot
StiffNipples
VelvetyOyster5
OminousSquaffle
GenericUsername
SadPanda
tonberryking01
Lmaousine
A Fierce Plankton
CephGabriel
DemonOfFate
Satoshi
divinebeanpole
Wolfsbane
MiareNoKo
Hugh_G_Johnson
Tolvo
ResIsBestStat
Squashy_Avocado
CarverUpqik
Elifia
Thedeadships
jimmyc0341
sure-magicians
Derksers
dragonblade
AnCapaillMor
Forum Pirate
Walter_White
Latitoast
ADirtySlate
twilightwarwolf
skarekrow13
Dibsville
Brigade
Paragon
Pilgrim34
Tchuwib
Tanklord
Werdax
BlazingSoul
Sneezer
KrazykevS10
Zyrrashijn
MistahrFox
Demon Slayer
BLA1NE
FlorisFreakshow
VaDoom
grossemesser
Anchises
densetsushun
sicktwist
Poozila
Folthanos
DMC
amaro57
ted1023
vixder/pennywise
gmwdim
Juutas
ZikoLogiKa NL
Ashran
RePaused
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
BagerX2
sunbro
Drydwir
Xero
Hydreigon11
Murkulanvippi
JaffaCakes
User1
Soris Ice Goldwing
Slarg232
firefighter_raven
Mr.Pickle
SpecialNewb
Kyōkai
drmuto
EeAyEss
rety
Rifter7
FinPeku
Halicarnassis
Coryf2209
Sentiel
XDHappyDX
DemonRider909
Aznul
Elite Knight
Phoenix Rising
Automancer
Rynn
Revoltage
BoggedBox
GkMrBane
Carphil
AnastaciaAstora
TheMeInTeam
OmniBot
argotthar
BackstabFisherman
FattyOfDoom
PlasticandRage
Kirk-Barb
Rarayn
Wilkinson3424
zasmyenok
The Letter X
CaptanSpudsy
Lord of Ash
Razielthemanslayer
joemann
ViralEnsign_
OrnsteinFanBoy
lonewolf
Avenger649
edgie_za
Ryndis
FruitPunchNinja
Cabjoy
Deathsitexxi
befowler
WandererReece
GrinTwist
XuitusTheGreat
callipygias
reim0027
Mr. Tart
greeneless
bmurn
Rudmed
T-King-667
ChaosMoogle
Spurgun
Fatneckwood
BrotherBob
Noob-of-Artorias
Ghadis_God
SublimeSinner
Glutebrah
sparkly-twinkly-lizard
Seignar
xSomax
152 posters

PvP tales!

EeAyEss
    EeAyEss
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

PvP tales! - Page 10 Empty Re: PvP tales!

Post by EeAyEss Sat Dec 22, 2012 2:55 pm

Everything has at least a 10%+10 sl range above and below. Darkwraiths go up, Darkmoon's go down. Once again, doughguy has a good link about that stuff.
    WandererReece
    WandererReece
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by WandererReece Sat Dec 22, 2012 7:52 pm

EeAyEss wrote:Everything has at least a 10%+10 sl range above and below. Darkwraiths go up, Darkmoon's go down. Once again, doughguy has a good link about that stuff.

Darkmoons also go up. They only go down because amount of sin is put into the equation.

Basicly, increasing your sin is almost like increasing your soul level. A person with a low soul level but a high amount of sin is treated like a high soul level person. Therefore they can be invaded by a high level darkmoon.
    EeAyEss
    EeAyEss
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by EeAyEss Sat Dec 22, 2012 8:51 pm

Darkmoons do go up, but I don't think they invade as high as darkraiths. Anyway, this discussion should be moved to another topic. ONCE AGAIN, doughguy has a good link to p2p sl stuff.
    Sentiel
    Sentiel
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Sentiel Sun Dec 23, 2012 7:13 pm

I cleared almost all of Sen's Fortress with my SL 85 Dex/Faith and thought I may just go through with phantoms. Just to have some company. ^^

I managed to summon two guys and we went all the way to the first fog, when we got invaded. I've rushed back to meet a Int caster with TCC, spamming DB while we covered behind corners. One of the phantoms decided to charge at the caster, only to die asap. Look Skyward
    But thanks to his sacrifice I could hit the invader with WoG through wall and send him flying towards titanite Demon below and his timely death.

The second phantom went ahead, while I returned to re summon the deceased one. I hate when phantoms leave me behind and go, god knows where.

I've summoned the guy a second time, just to lose him to laggy boulders. Look Skyward

I didn't find his summon sign for the third summoning, but got invaded instead. With my other phantom nowhere in sight I proceeded to TWoP + WoG and backstab my invader. I'm suprised I didn't got any hatemail. It's not a nice tactic, but I'm not there for PvP, so gtfo from my game. :evil:

I made my way up to the second fog gate, where the phantom waited for me. We went to kill Ricard, when we got invaded again. Seriously...

We continued towards Iron Golem with invader nowhere in sight, so I assumed he will be waiting by boss fog, probably preparing to plunge at us, or shoot us as we make our way up on the narrow passages. Well, he certainly was there, with SLB already on and started casting TWoP. As stupid as it was, only thing I could do was to chuckle and hurl a Sunlight Spear at his face, one shotting him. Praise the Sun

After that, I summoned Iron Tarkus, for the ultimate manliness and in case we get invaded again, because Tarkus on NG+ is a f*cking train, but we didn't got any visitors and went to kill Iron Golem, which went very smoothly.
    Coryf2209
    Coryf2209
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Coryf2209 Mon Dec 24, 2012 1:43 am

I was waiting for one of my friends to summon me, but some moron kept summoning me multiple times, so I laid down a dragon eye, hoping he'd summon me again. Sure enough, he did, so I burned him and his phantom to a crisp with upgraded fire breath and +4 furysword. Then came the hatemail...
    Sender: *name*
    Title: f**k u noob
    drmuto
    drmuto
    Regular
    Regular

Post by drmuto Mon Dec 24, 2012 11:18 am

on my sl 36 im a darkwraith that likes to casually invade the forrest. i often like too a turn into a tree and act super friendly, if they act friendly back i switch to my dark hand and suck humanities away and see their reaction silly a lot of the times i die for it but it's always funny big grin
    Kyōkai
    Kyōkai
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Kyōkai Mon Dec 24, 2012 12:18 pm

Yesterday, I started PvPing as a Forest Hunter after quite some time. After a bunch of invasions which consisted mostly of gankers, I had ran into a host in the middle of a fight with a Darkwraith. Of course, at this time, I was quite bloodthirsty because of all of the gankers I had been facing and tried to go haywire on the host. But then I realized my mistake and at that time, the two decided to gang up on me for interrupting them, and to my surprise, I ended up beating them both. Felt pretty bad.

Apologized right after I returned to my world and it seems like they're okay with it. Looks like they've been up against a bunch of gankers as well.
    SpecialNewb
    SpecialNewb
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by SpecialNewb Mon Dec 24, 2012 7:02 pm

Nothing too unique but...

I was PvPing in the township. Dude dressed in Artorias gear and a BKGS invades and runs for the shortcut elevator. I follow him down and he's standing square in the bridge with the sorcers and melee residents. I Look Skyward to show I think it's lame and he just shoots at me with arrows. I aggro a few enemies and he follows them in. If I kill the enemies he retreats to heal. Even if he has a chance to finish me, he'll retreat to heal. Finally I managed to trap him and he rolled right off a cliff. What is the point of invading if that's your entire strategy?

A slightly better story is some Forest PvP. I was Summoned to the woods against a Zwei dude in Havels with a child mask (host) and a mage with the Dark Sun crown. If I focus on the mage the host backstabs, if the host the mage soul spears or HCSMs me. First time they kill me quick. Second time I know what's going on. I launch an all out attack on the mage. WoG, VoS, Pyro, chaos blade spam. The mage spends the entire time backing up. We are moving too fast for the Host who trundles along behind. Instead he starts chugging estus to keep the mage alive at a crazy rate since I am brutalizing the mage. 2-3 chugs in a row over and over until I died. As I fade out I see the host take a drink of Estus... but it's empty! As the host does the derp animation the mage facepalms. I must have forced them to burn at least 15 estus flasks! Even though I died, I thought that was hilarious!
    Coryf2209
    Coryf2209
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Coryf2209 Wed Dec 26, 2012 1:41 am

I was waiting for Demon Slayer to summon me, so he could help me practice parrying, but I kept getting summoned by other people through my RSS. Two of said summonings were from this one guy. When we were both at low health, someone invaded, and spammed him with WoG, killing him. He couldn't evade, because I was standing there with my greatshield up.(I was on my tank toon) The second time, he fell off some stairs that I pushed him back to, and was attacked by(This was in the township, btw) the four bloatheads, and I went onto the little roof, and did a falling attack, killing him. He sent me hatemail. Heres a transcript, it's pretty funny. Also, I'll update as I get more messages. All spelling and grammar mistakes were kept in order to ensure legitimacy, but curse words were *d. I'm don't always be an a**hole, but when I do, I do it at times like these.

If this post violates any rules, let me know, and I'll remove it.

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

I was going to stop here, but it's not every day you get a hate conversation.

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
    Mr.Pickle
    Mr.Pickle

Post by Mr.Pickle Wed Dec 26, 2012 2:42 am

You were a total **** and I loved every minute of it lol. That conversation is how 80% of the mail I get ends up, but it usually starts cause I'm a, "back stab fisher" or they say, "your build relies entirely on back stabs"....yeah the build that doesn't have hornet ring and uses an obsidian gs PvP tales! - Page 10 2707236321.
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Sat Dec 29, 2012 1:51 am

This is sorta off-topic, but I couldn't really see it justifying a new thread. Can anybody recommend a good SL for PvP that's above 120? I just took my first toon over that, planning on going to 150, and suddenly it seems like I'm just not able to connect to anyone. I'm at 150 now. Should I go higher?
    Coryf2209
    Coryf2209
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Coryf2209 Sat Dec 29, 2012 1:54 am

Go to 700, so you can play with all the hackers.
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Sat Dec 29, 2012 1:59 am

Yay. Good idea. :roll:

Anyone have some realistic advice?

I'm not going any higher than maybe 250. I just don't see the point in it.
    WandererReece
    WandererReece
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by WandererReece Sat Dec 29, 2012 1:17 pm

I was about lvl 100 and summoned some guy as a red in the Burg. I got an unusually tiny amount of souls from him. A few days later I noticed he sent me a message (I knew it was him from the context.) The important part said something like, "That was an intense fight for my level 5 theif."

I was very surprised that I summoned a level 5 when I was level 100. Apparently the red sign really has no lower limit.
    Elite Knight
    Elite Knight
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Elite Knight Sat Dec 29, 2012 2:27 pm

A buddy of mine and I were ganking in Anor Londo. He'd summon me, and we'd wait for invaders, sometimes leaving worthless items on the ground for use as bait. We mostly came across backstab fishers, but we did encounter some decent people, and a lot of people whose builds could use some extra work. Or, maybe they were just far lower in levels than us. Either way:

We came across one guy who we fought (he mostly backstab-fished), and they decided to run to the titanite Demon's room when we were on the verge of winning. The invader took the opportunity to heal via Humanity and tried to bait us into coming into the room. I decided to pull out my Darkmoon Bow (+5, courtesy of Lord of Ash), and began sniping the demon (resulting in the invader rushing forward and recieving a few ill-timed headshots. Lulz were had.) After he realized the futility of his plight, the invader crossed the hall into the room with the Silver Knights, but decided to stand ground rather than try for the Silver Knights. The invader decided to show us his Wrath of the Gods......so I gave him a taste of mine, ultimately sealing his fate as my friend was able to secure the killing blow. I did the customary Well What is it that I do to all invading fishermen, resulting in hate mail about how they could "wreck me in a 1v1. LOL"

However, I thought this was a humorous encounter. My Xbox rep has more than likely suffered from it, but somehow I managed to sleep peacefully that night.
    firefighter_raven
    firefighter_raven

Post by firefighter_raven Sat Dec 29, 2012 2:55 pm

Fairly new player still on NG so not super exciting but amusing compared to most of my fights. I've been playing as a Darkmoon and wearing the DMB covenant ring whenever I'm in anor londo farming souls to get some practice at pvp. Most of the time just run into hosts and their phantoms looking for easy ganks and the occasional welcome surprise of an player looking for an honorable fight.

So the other day I invaded the same guy twice(in dark anor londo) that had the rotating bridge down forcing me to go through the cathedral's rafters to get to him. He would hide and shoot people off with bow.

So the next day I invade a player with the bridge down forcing the other DMB and myself to go into the cathedral. I'm thinking it's the same trap but getting on the ledge leading to the rafters reveals the host in Havel armor with Havel's shield standing at the first junction of the rafters. Pretty obvious his plan is to lure us onto the rafters and knock us off so I pull out my bow and start plinking away to see if it will lure him out to come after one of us. He manages to kill the other DMB (sorry not enough experience to tell what it was from the animation) so it's just me and him. While he is getting back in position I switch to the dragon bow and start shooting. He blocks with his shield but it knocks him back a bit each time so I move over a bit and knock him off to die in the fall.

So run around for a bit and get the invading a world notice again. Hmm bridge is down and that name looks familiar.Run to the cathedral followed by another DMB and go in the window, look up and yup there he is in the same spot with Havel armor and all. So I switch to the dragon bow again and hit him twice from below knocking him off to his death again.
    Automancer
    Automancer
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Automancer Sat Dec 29, 2012 3:06 pm

So i had this guy invade me three time in a row today.

First invasion, he runs at me but dodges to the side and falls to his death... =S

Second invasion, i poke him with my Demon's Spear, he rolls off the ledge again. =~=

Third invasion, he trys to BS me while i was just by the edge when i successfully managed my first counter backstab and kicked him off....

I feel sad for that guy... Oh well.
    Elite Knight
    Elite Knight
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Elite Knight Sat Dec 29, 2012 3:11 pm

Automancer wrote:So i had this guy invade me three time in a row today.

First invasion, he runs at me but dodges to the side and falls to his death... =S

Second invasion, i poke him with my Demon's Spear, he rolls off the ledge again. =~=

Third invasion, he trys to BS me while i was just by the edge when i successfully managed my first counter backstab and kicked him off....

I feel sad for that guy... Oh well.

How do you sleep at night? xD
    reim0027
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 Sat Dec 29, 2012 7:14 pm

Invading in the Darkroot Garden with my SL 6. I'm fighting on average people SL 30 (those are the people I kill, so I know I'm fighting many more above that level, but have no proof).

I invade someone and their phantom. They are clearly waaaaaaay higher than me. But, good news! The host was sportin' a BKGA. Well, you know what that means. I slap on a Hornet ring and test his strategy. True enough, he is an R1 spammer. True enough, I parried him, taking 90% of his life, then finished him off with my Shotel +10 (minimum stats). I saw the number of souls I got, and he was a 413.

I bet he wasn't expecting that. Felt good.
    Slarg232
    Slarg232
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Slarg232 Sat Dec 29, 2012 8:46 pm

So I invaded in the forest one time with my GCSorc build. Now, when I go into the forest, I'm there for anything goes. Don't bow to me, I'm not here to show honor; that's what I do in duels. the Forest is for me to just get in and kill things.

So I invade someone and their phantom. The phantom bows, and eats a Crystal Soul Spear to the face, promptly dying. Kill the host not too much after that. Afterwords there is an angry messege sent; "You have no honor, you #$%# (@#$% @#!@##!@)" to which I reply "Forest...."

So after about five minutes I invade again, and lo, it's those two, both of them jump me at the same time. Due to Crystal Homing Mass attacking one and my Soul SPear killing the other, I kill both of them at the same time. Dead silence from them big grin
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by Soris Ice Goldwing Sat Dec 29, 2012 11:05 pm

Woah boy I'm happy! Just got invaded by a DW in upgraded elite knights armor with a straight sword, heater shield and a pryo glove with great combustion. He comes charging while I'm eating a green blossum, dodge that and the battle becomes a dodge strike tactic. I keep missing his pryo spell while giving 120 damage to him. One riposte to that left me with 10hp I thought I'm going to lose so I switch to two-hand. He comes charging with a horizantal strike and I use a r2: he missed by a few meters and I killed him. Closest match I ever had.
    WandererReece
    WandererReece
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by WandererReece Sun Dec 30, 2012 9:56 pm

I fought someone who used iron flesh and no ranged attack. Obviously I beat him. He's lucky I didn't have lightning spears or other magic. LOL.

Some guy invaded me. He snuck up behind me and cast Chaos Storm. I quickly chainstab him before he finished. Then he messaged me, "nice lagstab." I'm surprised he didn't just backstab me. He was in a position to do it. LOL. Then he invaded me a second time and the same exact thing happened, but without the hatemail.
    The Letter X
    The Letter X
    Revived
    Revived

Post by The Letter X Tue Jan 01, 2013 12:25 pm

I just summoned a Dragonbro in Oolacile Township having heard of their hardships of finding PvP. Once he's summoned, the first thing he does is rush for a backstab. I unlock and hit him, and it turns out he only has 100 hp.

Shrug
    GenericUsername
    GenericUsername
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by GenericUsername Tue Jan 01, 2013 5:18 pm

Got invaded in the forest by a mage who was casting pursuers which I deflected with the silver pendant. Then they use dark bead followed by dark orb which I still deflect. I don't know what they were thinking but after that, they just rolled off the cliff.

Then another instance in the forest I got the invasion warning but couldn't find the invader anywhere. Turns out they had the fog ring as well as hidden body stockpiled so they just spammed greatbows from a distance and whenever I actually found their sillhouette they just retreated down to the area with the giant cat things before I could get to them. Finally I went down to start fighting the cats at which point they still spammed greatbows at me. Then after I managed to kill the cats, the invader came at me with, of course, WoTG. Managed to tank through all of that and then they pulled out a buffed katana of some sort, I couldn't tell which one. So yeah I lost that battle, but my god that guy was a *****
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Tue Jan 01, 2013 11:11 pm

^ I kept getting summoned by a ganker in the forest last night who was set up that way. He was wearing parts of the hard leather set and a dusk crown ring, and was using the DSB and fog ring. He summoned me 3 times in around half an hour. I kept BSCing out and he kept summoning me again. Finally asked me for some titanite chunks, and I dropped him some poopy and BSCed, and he stopped.

The Letter X wrote:I just summoned a Dragonbro in Oolacile Township
    having heard of their hardships of finding PvP. Once he's summoned, the
    first thing he does is rush for a backstab. I unlock and hit him, and it
    turns out he only has 100 hp.

PvP tales! - Page 10 3358384175

Maybe he was trying to 1HKO you with a RTS BS?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 9:31 pm