PvP tales!

xSomax
    Addicted
    Addicted

Re: PvP tales!

Post by xSomax on Tue Oct 30, 2012 5:45 pm

thats actually a fair idea plast. i wouldn't call it a tactic, so much as a psychological trick. on the other hand if you constantly switch between the 2, the enemy won't have any clue as to what may happen. its like having 2 movesets for 1 weapon. i wonder if this would work with uchi-iaito? i know it won't work with pole or chaos blade, they're too different, but those 2 seem generally the same in look.

anyways, tarts stories are always entertaining, at least in some way. anywho, time for a tale of my own.

earlier while in the burg, i invaded someone who tried to use a fire orb on me straight off the bat. i was able to roll out of the way and down the stairs, but he didn't follow, so we ended up having a combustion match. when the host was at about half health, he decided to estus, and healing destroys my inner limiter, so i went full force, spamming black flame on him. unfortunately it ran out, so he healed to full again. but once i realized i ran out of black flames, i switched to my trusty iaito and beat her down, hitting her each time she tried to heal, basically 5-shotting her with 5 consecutive hits. suffice to say i got indicted for that one XD

another story is one where a host was hosting some form of fight club. each phantom was in their own area, i'd assume their best area. i went up to the one on the bridge the wyvern hits, and he starts trying to spam, i roll twice behind him, use fire tempest, and one-shot him. after this, the host waited for me to get to his area, the usual duel area, and we bowed, i CMW up and we have a straight up sword fight, that i won in a grand display of dodging skill.

later i invaded someone who attempted to melee me as soon as i spawned. i dodged and went down the stairs. the host proceeded to follow, but i managed a fire tempest that knocks the cheating host off the stairs, to their death.

suffice to say, fire tempest is my cheater reppelant

PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage on Tue Oct 30, 2012 9:35 pm

After it happened I was actually trying to think of other weapon combos that look the same but have different movesets. I think the Iaito/Uchi is the only other one that would really work though. They just have different R2's though don't they? It also inspired me to try carrying a whip around as a secondary weapon. I haven't gotten to try the guardian tail yet, but I'm thinking either that or the notched whip. It'd just be nice to have something like that upgraded in case you run into a parry spammer. Even would be nice to have just for the arena. I've been encountering a ton of parry heavy fighters there.

TIGER UPPERCUT!

PSN: PlasticAndRage
    FattyOfDoom
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by FattyOfDoom on Wed Oct 31, 2012 5:04 am

Go Guardian's tail, the poison is great

Acidic Cook wrote:Ejaculation of the Gods in front of a woman is considered dishonourable... you use Emit Force to make her Ejaculate; That is considered honourable.

PSN: Helmethed, add me if you wish to duel.
    xSomax
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by xSomax on Wed Oct 31, 2012 11:23 am

i think most of the actually good(and mostly honorable) PvP'ers headed for the arena. might explain the sudden spike in cheap players in other areas, notably the burg.

but anyways, i'd say a whip is an excellent thing to have around, if people wanna parry spam. i would, but my magic setup doesn't really allow for a second weapon. i use the iaito with a GCS, and in the secondary slots an izalith catalyst and a pyromancy flame. i use the catalyst for buffing with CMW, and the pyromancy flame is for various kinds of offensive pyromancy, combustion, tempest, great fireballs ETC. suffice to say it works, but as i said, it doesn't really allow for a secondary weapon.

and to keep us on track a tale from a while back!(hehe)

i was invading in the burg, as usual. me and the host went at it with swords and magic ablaze, and when i was almost dead, he decided to rush me, when i tried to use fire whip. we ran straight into it and died XD

Kirk-Barb
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Kirk-Barb on Wed Oct 31, 2012 12:06 pm

lvl 7 vs lvl 70 vs lvl 550+

Last night I was invading in the Tomb of Giants with my lvl 70 and getting plenty of action with most close to my level. I was running low on loyds so I made a quick trip back to the burg to get more. On my way to the merchant I'm invaded. The guy is wearing a mix of Latrec's and Pyro with a heater shield and throws fireballs at me. Fireballs!?!? I can't remember if anybody has ever used the basic fireball pyromancy against me. I'm in pyro gear myself, but the silver knight shield and gravelord sword should indicate I'm no beginner. I dodge all of his casts and kill him. The souls collected put him at lvl 7. Ouch! I would have sent him a kind word as to his bad luck, as he had fought honorably, but I don't speak Japanese.

I return to the Tomb and invade. As I'm coming up out of the ember tomb I hear the hidden stone wall being struck. A guy in the Anor Londo firekeepers armor and a two handed sword comes up out of the pit and we fight. His fighting style is very strange. He keeps rolling foward at me and slamming his sword at me. We were fighting on a narrow ledge, but I just kept stepping back and thrusting forward,with a follow up swing. He would miss, but I hit everytime. I was killing him, but except for stepping back to regain stamina, he just kept at me with the same attack. It looked cool, but I eventually destroyed him without a scratch to myself. As I bowed the souls began rolling in...and in...and in. Over 400,000. Using the Wiki, I put him at at least lvl 550, probably more.

Now that is what I would call some extreme pvp. :shock:
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by sparkly-twinkly-lizard on Wed Oct 31, 2012 12:45 pm

my current build im working on is a faith based fat official, now using the obsidian sword with dmb and using gmb and vos to neutralize magic... dear god, the screams of mages over the internet... basic flow of battle is, gmb, laugh at their pathetic damage (shrug at pursuers), then either buff to take down high hp opponents or simply squish them... i take around 100 damage from a full volley of dark bead from a mage using logans catalyst and the crown+ring.... no funny stories yet

Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Mr. Tart on Wed Oct 31, 2012 11:43 pm

Not sure whether to consider this pvp or co-op, so i'll post it in both topics.

So i was summoned in the Darkroot Garden. And we get invaded by a blue and a red spirit. And we pretty much just chill for 1 hour. Just chill, nothing else. Then they give us some stuff, and well, yeah. Anywho, the host dies, so that was kind of sad, although i think he committed suicide. :suspect:

I get summoned later by another guy, and so this red phantom, same guy as before invades. And obviously, not being the same host, he assumes he's hostile, so he attacks. So i point at him in hopes that he'll understand, and so we chill. Then he just runs off for the stone knight set, and well. The red phantom bows at me, buffs his obsidian greatsword, use the strong attack, and that's it. Was hilarious, although i feel ashamed for letting that happen. x'D

WandererReece
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by WandererReece on Thu Nov 01, 2012 11:33 am

I was hosting in the painted world. I summoned my friend to a duel. He was kinda new, so I used my new dual claws. We fought each other repeatedly. Then I was waiting for his sign, and he messaged me saying he was invaded by someone, and the guy wanted to join us.

I summon my friend and the guy. He killed my friend, and then we fought. Then he killed me. Both fights were 1v1.

I summon both of them again, and switch from dual claws to a shield and katana. The guy kills my friend again. Then I killed him. Then the guy messaged me saying, "I'll actually try next time." I replied, "LOL, I thought you were trying." He replied, "No, you'll see the difference."

Then my friend said he wanted to watch me fight the guy, so I told the guy I'll go first next time.

Then I summon both of them. I fight the guy, and kill him again. He sent me a message saying, "Your lagging bro." I replied, "Sorry, I didn't know I was. Want to fight again?" He didn't respond or put his sign down.

Addicted

Post by xSomax on Thu Nov 01, 2012 7:36 pm

hehehe. that reminds me of something that happened to me the other day. i was invading in the burg, and i found a guy who was doing a lot of dark handing. i got him down heavily, considering the easy punishability of its R2, and he estus'd and started attacking with a zwei. i lost fairly quickly, and say to him "estus? really?". he messaged me back "dude, i was messing around with the dark hand thing, you wouldn't stand a chance if i fought seriously".

i took that as a challenge. i invaded him again and we had a serious duel, bowing and all( i don't show 100% of my skill until absolutely neccessary). i didn't kill him, but i got him down to about 1 more hit till he was dead. i invaded him a second time, and this time he started attacking almost as soon as i was in. i lost this time as well, and he messaged me saying "see what i mean?". i message him back and say "the first time i gave you a run for your money, the second, you didn't bow(my way of saying you didn't fight fairly)" he took this wrong saying the second times excuse was weak. i invade him one more time and beat him. this time, he just shut up.

moral of the story? don't taunt someone unless you know what you're talking about. there are 3 known things that will get me to fight at full capacity. cheating/cheap tactics, Saying i suck because you seem to know what i was doing, and losing multiple times to the same person

BackstabFisherman
    Regular
    Regular

Post by BackstabFisherman on Fri Nov 02, 2012 2:48 am

I'd like to tell the tale about how I got this name. First week Dark Souls was out, and the very first hate mail I got was a typical raging teenager that got their ego bruised because they lost. In the reply among a bunch of cursing, I got called a filthy backstab fisherman. Anyway I thought it was so funny that I decided to adopt the name. The fight was uninteresting and anticlimactic, so there isn't anything to share other than the person who lost got backstabbed 3 times.
    argotthar
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by argotthar on Fri Nov 02, 2012 5:32 am

Last night I was fail by the books. Fought the same guy three times in a row and each damn time I took CSS without even getting shield up. He was a mage so Dark Bead, Black Flame and HCS was finishing job pretty well.
    Olrightythen, too stupid to fight a mage let's go to another char.

Foreeeest yeeeees, was really nice to get back to forest and fight campers after all those arenas and township fights. This was another story as I managed to bring down few campers with some nice BSs while avoiding using Dark Magic as my opponents didn't used it too.
    Then I encountered a guy with Falchion, huraaaah, parry incoming, let's see that riposte... bam bam bam tras, bam, I'm dead... Huraaaah guy with Falchion just owned my a$$ so hard that I was wondering did I ever pressed that parry button or not...

Ok, let's get back to that mage in Township...
    Invader came, no mage, just some guy with Gold Tracer... Huuuraaah, parry incoming and now I'm gonna be rdy for that parry!! Yes, yes, bring it on.... Kazoooom, blood loss, hit, bam I'm dead... ... ... Parry... Press... fukk.
    What the hell, let's go again... Same guy, same ****, same fail, quit game, turn the PS3 off, go to bed, sleep over it. Thank you, be back.

SL125 Halberd +15 27/40
    SL125 Lightning Halberd/BKH 32/18
    OmniBot
    Regular
    Regular

Post by OmniBot on Fri Nov 02, 2012 5:33 am

Warning: wall of text incoming.

I was invading in the forest with a fat-rolling work-in-progress tank build. The host has a phantom with a greataxe. I point at the phantom and bow to show that I want to fight 1v1, and promptly stun him to death in three hits when he tries to trade blows with me. I notice that the host us using the MLGS, so I switch to the cleansing greatshield and ready my silver pendant in preparation for the magic that will be flying my way. barely avoid a volley of pursuers + CSS and I spend most of the fight chasing after him to make sure he doesn't have space to cast pursuers again. I think I got one or two hits in, but he wears me down to a pixel of health. We stop fighting, bow, heal, and then commence round two. This time I'm staying just in range of my greataxe running attack so that I can get him if he tries to cast any magic. I trade R1 attacks once, but I miss with the greataxe running attack a couple times and get punished for it. With about 5% HP left and my opponent at about 45% HP, things aren't looking good. Luckily I tag him with the golem axe projectile when he tries to cast some magic, taking him down to about 30% HP. Even if I'm to get close enough to hit him the golem axe isn't strong enough to finish him off in one hit and the greataxe is slow and short, thus I'll either die trading blows or die half way through my swing. He no longer tries to cast any magic, so I conclude that a running greataxe attack is my only option, but since I missed every time before I'd need to unlock if I hope to land it. The first attempt barely misses, and thankfully so does his counterattack. We both roll away and begin to zone one another, trying to get the right angle for an attack. I see an opportunity at just the right distance and angle so I unlock and lead the running attack just ahead of him, and as I do he swings. We smack each other in the face at the same time, and I die of course, but to my surprise so does he. It may not have been a total victory for me, but it was one hell of a come from behind draw.

tl;dr: Fights where both players kill each other at the same time are always epic and memorable.
    WandererReece
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by WandererReece on Fri Nov 02, 2012 10:42 am

argotthar wrote:Ok, let's get back to that mage in Township...
    Invader came, no mage, just some guy with Gold Tracer... Huuuraaah, parry incoming and now I'm gonna be rdy for that parry!! Yes, yes, bring it on.... Kazoooom, blood loss, hit, bam I'm dead... ... ... Parry... Press... fukk.

Reminded me of when I fought someone that used a Gold Tracer.

I blocked his attacks, and received a lot of blood loss. I'm almost dead, and I only hit him once. Then I cast WoG, and he fell on his face. When he was getting up I backstabed him. It was cheap, but effective. twisted He died.

Addicted

Post by argotthar on Fri Nov 02, 2012 10:58 am

In case he wore Mothers Mask and had katana as second weapon, thank you for revenge sir! happy

SL125 Halberd +15 27/40
    SL125 Lightning Halberd/BKH 32/18
    bmurn
    Addicted
    Addicted

Location : the Dead Burg (formerly "undead" but now renamed after a significant effort at regentrification.)

Post by bmurn on Fri Nov 02, 2012 11:51 am

Had a good one last night. I was invading in Oolacile and I came upon a host and his phantom. They were cleaning up the bloatheads on the stairs before a little before the entrance to the chasm. So, I tried to hurry down there and take advantage of the allies I would have. Unfortunately, they had just stabbed the last one, so as I ran headlong into battle they both turned to face me. Someday I will learn that running as fast as I can into battle is not always the best strategy (but not today).

They unleash a flurry of blows on me as I frantically pound the roll button to try and escape. Fnally with about a quarter of my health left I roll away. Then I roll to the left. Then I roll back. Then I roll to the right. I clearly roll about five more times than I needed to, all in a paniced effort to avoid getting hit again. I now have enough space to move so I promptly initiate my "run away" strategy. I generally have two strategies, run towards or run away (brilliant I know). With both host and phantom hot on my tail, I figure this is a good time for a desperate measures, so I run into the elevator room and stop and prepare to hit them with chaos storm when the come through the door. They come charging through and I hit the button. Nothing. Crap, I still had it on another spell which I am out of. Well that was fun. The host charges in to land the killing blow. I close my eyes and await my death. Humiliated. For some reason he decides to try to get behind me before swinging, and in doing so he steps off the ledge and falls to his death. I open my eyes (OK I had them open sooner, so I could see him fall) and see the phantom standing there. No host. Victory by default. Hooray for me!
    BackstabFisherman
    Regular
    Regular

Post by BackstabFisherman on Sat Nov 03, 2012 2:54 pm

lol 5 minutes ago I just invaded kiln, and there was a host + red phantom just sitting off in the distance. They both run at me, I backstab the red phantom, didn't kill him. Then the host casts pursuers? lol What a dumbass, because his red phantom buddy that just got backstabbed was closer to the pursuers than I was, so they target him instead, lol!!! Then the host tries to cast pursuers again, while I'm practically right in his face, and its an easy backstab and the dude had like 900ish hp so he got 1hko'd. No hate mail unfortunately.

BrotherBob
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by BrotherBob on Tue Nov 06, 2012 8:30 pm

I invaded at the Depths. I ended up in the world of a player who appeared a bit new to the game, so I figured I'd help him out by opening the shortcut door. Normally, I wouldn't want to ruin the game for anyone by doing that, but he seemed to have killed the giant rat so I saw no real issue in doing this. After all, opening the door is really the reason to kill the rat. It turns out that he had killed the rat via bow and arrow, but had not killed the Channeler. When he went in to fight the boss, the Channeler buffed the boss, and he got destroyed, as he later told me. I felt pretty bad.

:pharis: They slaughtered our men, our brothers, our sons... The dead cry out to us for justice. On their Souls, I swear to you: the gankers who took them from us, who have brought us such pain and sorrow... we will find them. They will come to the Forest. We will not rest until their blood flows into this very ground.
    - Forest Hunting "Taken 2"-style. 
    TheMeInTeam
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by TheMeInTeam on Wed Nov 07, 2012 11:49 am

tl;dr: Fights where both players kill each other at the same time are always epic and memorable.

I had it happen recently, and I'm not sure how epic it was. My opponent was a ~SL 100 caster build with a curved sword. I was using my blast furnace medium rolling black iron pyromancer who's lvl 80ish.

I close in after dodging a few SS, he pulls out sword. I combustion and miss as he rolls backwards. He's clearly fishing for a bs so I switch to fire surge and start backing + strafe/burning. He opts to respond to that by just R1 spam.

Bleeding! Death! But what's this? The last few flames were enough to kill him too. "Target destroyed". I message him saying "lol..." and he responded with "well, wasn't expecing that".

As the invading forest hunter, I got the souls and the item, but in the pure battle sense it was truly a draw hehe.

lol 5 minutes ago I just invaded kiln, and there was a host + red phantom just sitting off in the distance. They both run at me, I backstab the red phantom, didn't kill him. Then the host casts pursuers? lol What a dumbass, because his red phantom buddy that just got backstabbed was closer to the pursuers than I was, so they target him instead, lol!!! Then the host tries to cast pursuers again, while I'm practically right in his face, and its an easy backstab and the dude had like 900ish hp so he got 1hko'd. No hate mail unfortunately.

When someone chokes that badly and pretty much loses on their own, they probably don't have much to say. They basically tried to cheese you and completely imploded.

If you want hate mail you need to do things people don't like but that are also not so common that they're used to it. Getting hate mail is a fine art.
    AnastaciaAstora
    Regular
    Regular

Post by AnastaciaAstora on Wed Nov 07, 2012 12:04 pm

Getting hate mail is a fine art.

My favourite fanmail is Japanese fanmail. I tell them I can't read it and so I'll assume they're telling me how skilled I am, so they send me another barrage of tears.

I was helping someone out in forest a few days ago and a blue invaded. Couldn't find him anywhere. For ages. Eventually found him, stark naked except for the fog ring, hidden in a corner. Seemed afk. Summoner killed him and we got 10,000 souls. I think he was playing hide and seek with us.

Add if you have a helmet that can stand these levels of noob
    greeneless
    Regular
    Regular

Post by greeneless on Sat Nov 10, 2012 3:03 pm

I've been invading for awhile today in the township and I've gotten nothing but gankers and people who seem to be waiting for a duel but then back off and heal themselves. There was one guy who destroyed me with a chaos blade and a darkwood grain ring, but he's he only one I can give any credit. I assume, this happens to everyone... so how do you stop yourselves from breaking your controller? I think I'm going to need a new one soon.

Look Skyward

Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Glutebrah on Sat Nov 10, 2012 4:35 pm

latest and best PVP tales is as follows... invade some one doing a live stream (hes on this forum) get ganked by him and a red.. so i seek out my revenge.... and i invade him again 15 mins later. i get it with a Hornet ring and Silver tracer gank with a stone giant.. revenge can be a *****.

best part is on the stream he keeps crying about the Hornet ring i used, but right before i invaded him the first time (the time he ganked me) he was using the Hornet ring to kill some one.

**NEW**PSN: Glute_brah **NEW**
    SL 55 (Ele) http://mmdks.com/2b2g (Avelyn + WP)
    SL100 (Dex) http://mmdks.com/25vk (Chaos Blade)
    SL100 (Str) http://mmdks.com/2b2h (MSGS)
    SL100 (Pyro) http://mmdks.com/2b2l (FIRE)
    SL120 (Str) http://mmdks.com/2n6r (DGA)
    SL120 (Dex) http://mmdks.com/2n6v (murk) i did it, i sold out
    SL150 (Int) http://mmdks.com/25vm (Velkas + TCC)
    SL149 (Cos) http://mmdks.com/2b2q (Black Knight)
    SL200 (Cos) http://mmdks.com/2b2j (Ornstein)
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 on Sat Nov 10, 2012 4:51 pm

greeneless wrote:I assume, this happens to everyone... so how do you stop yourselves from breaking your controller? I think I'm going to need a new one soon.

Look Skyward
    After catbroing in the forest, I'm numb to being ganked. It doesn't bother me anymore. They play how they want to play. I'll do the same. Just move on to the next one. Say things like "It's only a game" or "It is what it is". And block their arse. It seems to work on the PS3.

Also, join a chatroom or skype chat. Vent there.

If you get taunting mail, ignore it. Not worth the effort to reply.

PSN usernames: reim0027_2,   reim0027_3,  and reim0027_5.  Skype ID: reim0027  
    Tour of Lordran Soul Levels  //  Official Wiki Fight Club // Forest Invasion Soul Levels // Low Level Invasion Rules
    Glutebrah
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Glutebrah on Sat Nov 10, 2012 5:20 pm

greeneless wrote:I've been invading for awhile today in the township and I've gotten nothing but gankers and people who seem to be waiting for a duel but then back off and heal themselves. There was one guy who destroyed me with a chaos blade and a darkwood grain ring, but he's he only one I can give any credit. I assume, this happens to everyone... so how do you stop yourselves from breaking your controller? I think I'm going to need a new one soon.

Look Skyward

troll back the hate mail, trolling a troll is the best way to troll.

**NEW**PSN: Glute_brah **NEW**
    SL 55 (Ele) http://mmdks.com/2b2g (Avelyn + WP)
    SL100 (Dex) http://mmdks.com/25vk (Chaos Blade)
    SL100 (Str) http://mmdks.com/2b2h (MSGS)
    SL100 (Pyro) http://mmdks.com/2b2l (FIRE)
    SL120 (Str) http://mmdks.com/2n6r (DGA)
    SL120 (Dex) http://mmdks.com/2n6v (murk) i did it, i sold out
    SL150 (Int) http://mmdks.com/25vm (Velkas + TCC)
    SL149 (Cos) http://mmdks.com/2b2q (Black Knight)
    SL200 (Cos) http://mmdks.com/2b2j (Ornstein)
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 on Sat Nov 10, 2012 5:31 pm

Glutebrah wrote:
    greeneless wrote:I've been invading for awhile today in the township and I've gotten nothing but gankers and people who seem to be waiting for a duel but then back off and heal themselves. There was one guy who destroyed me with a chaos blade and a darkwood grain ring, but he's he only one I can give any credit. I assume, this happens to everyone... so how do you stop yourselves from breaking your controller? I think I'm going to need a new one soon.

Look Skyward

Like "I like door bells", or something else nonsensical (take quotes from Beck's "I'm a loser").

PSN usernames: reim0027_2,   reim0027_3,  and reim0027_5.  Skype ID: reim0027  
    Tour of Lordran Soul Levels  //  Official Wiki Fight Club // Forest Invasion Soul Levels // Low Level Invasion Rules
    TheMeInTeam
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by TheMeInTeam on Sun Nov 11, 2012 1:12 pm

reim0027 wrote:
    Glutebrah wrote:

Like "I like door bells", or something else nonsensical (take quotes from Beck's "I'm a loser").

There are all kinds of ways, it really depends on the opponent :p.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Dec 11, 2017 8:45 am