Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+148
Ifrit
SageOfToads123
Lich180
MikailArksot
StiffNipples
VelvetyOyster5
OminousSquaffle
GenericUsername
SadPanda
tonberryking01
Lmaousine
A Fierce Plankton
CephGabriel
DemonOfFate
Satoshi
divinebeanpole
Wolfsbane
MiareNoKo
Hugh_G_Johnson
Tolvo
ResIsBestStat
Squashy_Avocado
CarverUpqik
Elifia
Thedeadships
jimmyc0341
sure-magicians
Derksers
dragonblade
AnCapaillMor
Forum Pirate
Walter_White
Latitoast
ADirtySlate
twilightwarwolf
skarekrow13
Dibsville
Brigade
Paragon
Pilgrim34
Tchuwib
Tanklord
Werdax
BlazingSoul
Sneezer
KrazykevS10
Zyrrashijn
MistahrFox
Demon Slayer
BLA1NE
FlorisFreakshow
VaDoom
grossemesser
Anchises
densetsushun
sicktwist
Poozila
Folthanos
DMC
amaro57
ted1023
vixder/pennywise
gmwdim
Juutas
ZikoLogiKa NL
Ashran
RePaused
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
BagerX2
sunbro
Drydwir
Xero
Hydreigon11
Murkulanvippi
JaffaCakes
User1
Soris Ice Goldwing
Slarg232
firefighter_raven
Mr.Pickle
SpecialNewb
Kyōkai
drmuto
EeAyEss
rety
Rifter7
FinPeku
Halicarnassis
Coryf2209
Sentiel
XDHappyDX
DemonRider909
Aznul
Elite Knight
Phoenix Rising
Automancer
Rynn
Revoltage
BoggedBox
GkMrBane
Carphil
AnastaciaAstora
TheMeInTeam
OmniBot
argotthar
BackstabFisherman
FattyOfDoom
PlasticandRage
Kirk-Barb
Rarayn
Wilkinson3424
zasmyenok
The Letter X
CaptanSpudsy
Lord of Ash
Razielthemanslayer
joemann
ViralEnsign_
OrnsteinFanBoy
lonewolf
Avenger649
edgie_za
Ryndis
FruitPunchNinja
Cabjoy
Deathsitexxi
befowler
WandererReece
GrinTwist
XuitusTheGreat
callipygias
reim0027
Mr. Tart
greeneless
bmurn
Rudmed
T-King-667
ChaosMoogle
Spurgun
Fatneckwood
BrotherBob
Noob-of-Artorias
Ghadis_God
SublimeSinner
Glutebrah
sparkly-twinkly-lizard
Seignar
xSomax
152 posters

PvP tales!

StiffNipples
    StiffNipples
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

PvP tales! - Page 36 Empty Re: PvP tales!

Post by StiffNipples Mon Aug 12, 2013 8:28 pm

It's great on PC when you summon/are summoned to host PvP, as the invasions are so slow that you get something to do in between invasions (be silly, trade) and when someone does invade you just take it in turns to fight them.

It's great if you're also both in cosplay or on quality builds, that way you can switch up the cosplay every few fights. Invaders love a bit of cosPvP.
    Pilgrim34
    Pilgrim34
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Pilgrim34 Tue Aug 13, 2013 1:32 pm

In the forest as usual, and the host and his phantom are chasing me as I attempt to lure them down the ladder by the bridge near the cats.

I managed to get down there and quickly heal, but the host and phantom both get down quicker than I expected and I am sandwiched in the corner next to the ladder. They both start unloading attacks on me, I roll through them twice and then kick once. Their attacks kill me just as my kick connects which sends both of them off the ledge to their deaths, it was a brilliant moment!
    Elifia
    Elifia
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Elifia Tue Sep 24, 2013 9:52 am

Hey folks, I'm back! After getting PS+ I played a lot of games and kinda abandoned Dark Souls... But not any more! And while at it, I'm reviving this thread too.

Anyway, here's my PvP tales: The first thing I did after returning to Dark Souls was make a new character. Start fresh, ye know? I was going for a broadsword build at first, but got bored with it and switched to the Washing Pole instead. Also killed Bed of Chaos first try, no deaths, no cheats cheers 

So I finally get to Duke's, and I decide I've done enough PvE, so I'm gonna PvP with my half-assed PvE build. I meet some pretty weird people. 

First there's a bunch of people who simply ignore me as I stand by the bonfire, and they just run into the Crystal Caves for some reason. And fall to their deaths. Look Skyward 

Then there's 1 person who seems to do the same, but comes back and starts flinging **** at me. So I run towards them, and they run away again. But I get in a plunging attack and a slash or 2. After that they jump of the wooden platform into the golem garden, and the fall damage kills them.

Now I got bored with PvP, so I drop my WSS and get summoned by a blue-greenish guy wearing nothing but a Giant's helmet and a giant club. I kill some mobs and discover that it's NG+. I'm left with about 20% hp as someone invades. The host does not heal me, nor does he help me kill the invader. Doesn't matter, I kill the invader anyway without taking any damage. Then we go kill Seath, but I get wrecked by a chain-stun of the tentacle-slam-attack sad 

Then the ****-flinger returns. But this time they don't come back from the Crystal Caves. After waiting way too long I decide to go check on them. Once I arrive at the caves I hear some weird noise. I ignore it and see the ****-flinger wielding a greatbow. I run towards them, effortlessly dodging the giant arrows, and they jump down onto a lower platform. I try to chase, but then I notice what the noise came from: the ****-flinger activated all the *** butterflies! 
    So I run back up like crazy, trying to avoid all the magic spikes being shot at me. I get hit once but still get out of there alive. I send the ****-flinger a message, telling them I'm not interested in their pathetic little games and that they should come back up to fight me. No reply, but after I wait some more the ****-flinger finally shows their ugly face again. When I walk up to them, however, they run away again. Not interested in chasing them, I just walk back into the previous room and set up an ambush around a corner. I manage to get a backstab and then finish them with a sprint attack. Followed by adding them to my block list because that was extremely annoying.
    AnCapaillMor
    AnCapaillMor
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by AnCapaillMor Tue Sep 24, 2013 10:25 am

Had something similar in dukes, he ran off first and kicked off the music box in the prison, then i saw him ninja fliiping all the wayt down the stairs and onto the crystal caves. I was watching youtubes vids at the time while waiting on invasions so decided to wait him out. 20 minutes and there was nothing then i get a message "dare you enter and finish the great whateverhisnamewas's labrynth of doom?". so i said feck it and wne t down there, like you he'd all the buttlerflys agro'd, it was the slowest i've ever walked through the caves, expecting a greatbow to knock me off at any stage. Eventually i got to the end, killed the clams and there he he was slap bang in the middle of seaths room. I then got a congratulations message and enter to fight. Of course i entered and the cutscene ensued and he was sent home. Got a message later that the great one found me unworthy and i would not recieve the honour of dueling him. I found it rarther amusing.
    CephGabriel
    CephGabriel
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by CephGabriel Wed Sep 25, 2013 6:54 am

Been doing a lot of Darkwraithing in Oolacile Township recently, and had some fun times. And some.... interesting times.

I invade, and see a person in full giants with a talisman in one hand and Manus catalyst in the other.  I already know this isn't going to end well.

They cast whatever the miracle that slows you down is and walk up to me, then start spamming dark bead, which one shot me before the spell was even cast on my scree. I dunno if that's lag or not.

during a whole day of invading I was probably killed by this person a good 7 times, until I finally managed to invade him when he was AFK, so I jumped in joy and stole all his humanity, then kicked him off the nearest cliff and got...

2500000 souls... I'm lvl 80...
    xSomax
    xSomax
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by xSomax Wed Sep 25, 2013 10:28 am

your level doesn't correlate to the amount of souls you get. the other persons level does. still not sure how you got 2.5 mil, but just take it as a good thing and let it lie i suppose
    reim0027
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 Wed Sep 25, 2013 10:26 pm

The most you can get is 887,935 in souls as an invader. That is killing a host at level 713. 2.5 million is strange. Unless you killed a host and his 2 phantoms that were maxed out.
    Lich180

Post by Lich180 Sat Sep 28, 2013 12:00 am

Only done a few invasions so far, pretty new to PvP. Only been playing DS for a month or so, so I'm pretty scrubby biggrin. Anyways, I've only won two invasions so far, one in the forest as a Hunter, the other as a newly-joined Darkwraith in Anor Londo.

In the forest, I invaded a guy in full silver knight gear, who just tried to shoot me with his bow. Hid behind a tree, waited for an arrow to be drawn and fired, and ran up to him. Got in a hit before he rolled away, he went to heal so I went for a backstab. As he got up from that, the notification that a darkwraith invaded comes up, and I get behind him to finish him. As I yank my BKS out of his back, I noticed the darkwraith spawned right up on the stairs. He waves as the invadee dies, and I wave back.

As a Darkwraith, I invaded a guy in Dark Anor Londo. Ran around for a bit before I spotted his gold summon he had with him, they buff up and come at me. I run up, try for a hit and realize I'm really not prepared to fight 2v1. I decide running would be the best option, so I take off from the central rotating pillar thing and sprint up to the area where silver knights shoot spears at you, while you walk up a flying butress to the cathedral. They trail behind quite a bit, so I manage to get up to the square pillar and hide around the side. I see arrows flying towards the knights, but not quite eliminating them, so I walk up the buttress a bit to wait. Suddenly, the host runs up in full Havel's gear to avoid any knockback by the arrow-spears. I give a quick kick, and see him barely slide back... just enough to lose his footing and slide off the edge.

Now to be less cheesy...
    SageOfToads123
    SageOfToads123

Post by SageOfToads123 Fri Oct 04, 2013 11:18 am

I just invaded a guy using my SL 132 Forest Hunter Sage Build. I found the guy and distracted him from his dumb phantom. I hit him with my Katana, he flinches, he swings, I kick, he flinches, I hit, he flinches, he swings, I kick, he flinches, I hit, he flinches, he swings, I kick, he flinche,s I hit, he flinches, he swings, I kick, he flinches, I hit, he flinches, he swings, I kick, he flinches, I hit, he flinches, he swings, I kick, he flinches, I hit, he flinches, he swings, I kick, he flinches, he swings, I kick, he flinches I hit, he flinches I hit, he flinches, he swings, I kick, he flinches I hit, he flinches, he swings, I kick, he flinches I hit, he flinches, he swings, I kick, he flinches, I hit, he dies.

I then spammed the guy with shrugs because that's what I give in return to this **** player-base.

Then my inbox explodes with hate mail. He went on and on until after two minutes or so I replied: "There is no need to be upset".

He literally stopped mid-way and never posted a single thing after that.
    Ifrit

Post by Ifrit Fri Oct 04, 2013 11:27 pm

So... I feel like I got scumbag'd. Won't call out the name in particular, but I got the game a week ago. First play through. I'm stuck on Orn and Smough. I'm only using humanity to get a summon to help me. While I'm summoning, a Royal Sentinel aggros onto me, and then I suddenly get invade notice. This guy was a bit of a **** and starts flinging a volley of Soul arrows while I'm still fighting. I kill the Sentinal and start fighting the invader, sadly he ends up killing me after enchanting his weapon to do bleed on hit, despite blocking.
    reim0027
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 Fri Oct 04, 2013 11:38 pm

You didn't get scumbagged. And, you can't enchant your weapon to cause more bleed. Bleed builds up even if you are blocking. Getting invaded is the risk you take playing human. It helps balance out the fact you can summon help. There is no reason an invader should let you kill all the enemies before attacking. If you had a phantom, you would have ganged up on him.
    Icegodzilla
    Icegodzilla
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Icegodzilla Sat Oct 05, 2013 12:04 am

I killed a man once.......
    Icegodzilla
    Icegodzilla
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Icegodzilla Sat Oct 05, 2013 12:14 am

naw i'll tell an actual tale. 
    I was bored and decided to host in township for a bit. While i was standing around i saw a red summon sign of a guy in artoris's armor and with a great sword of some sort idk wasn't paying to much attention but assumed it was a melee dude. So he came in and i walk to the begining area where everyone duals. As soon as i turn around and bow he pulls out a manus catalyst and casts pursuers. So i run to the stairs area and just keep ninja rolling around him in order for the pusuers to hit the stairs. While im ninja rolling he trys to spam dark bead on me. After a few casts he runs out of dark bead and his dude starts shaking his staff. As soon as he does that i back stab him and then when he get up i hit him with black flame and he dies. Was so funny poor guy just didn't know when to cast spells

btw sorry for any bad grammar or spelling
    DyingAce
    DyingAce
    Casual
    Casual

Post by DyingAce Wed Oct 09, 2013 3:37 pm

On a moonlight greatsword/velka rapier build I made to see just how that damn mlgs feels on the wielders end, I get invaded by a guy in Havel gear who Well What is it  from the start. He then casts iron flesh and continues to Well What is it . I R2'ed his *** to oblivion. Easiest kill that whole session laughing
    Mental Gear
    Mental Gear
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Mental Gear Wed Oct 09, 2013 4:01 pm

Two weeks ago I was having some PvP fun in Oolacile Township and saw a Dragon sign. It was the first I've seen so I was eager to try it.
    Well, that wasn't a good idea.
    The scene that followed still amuses me when I think of it. There was one guy with Ornstein armor(maybe host), one with Havel's set(red phantom) and the third had a Giant set with some Mask on(blue phantom).
    If that wasn't enough the phantoms both had silly big heads. For some inconceivable reason I was a bit irritated and wasn't sure what to do. Ornstein-guy did the point-gesture...oookay, now what, triple gank, is that your thing?
    After some shilly-shallying I attacked the Ornstein guy and quickly got three hits in, two more and he would have been gone. Then the red phantom gives me the bs. Not quite dead yet. Now all three were attacking me. I just managed to kill the Ornstein guy, but then I was toast.
    Never knew so much players can be in an invasion situation at once.
    PyroElleh
    PyroElleh
    Casual
    Casual

Post by PyroElleh Thu Oct 10, 2013 4:07 pm

Got my first PvP kill last night, and actually feel guilty about it??

I am SL64 running around in the Painted World, finishing up things I missed before heading through the fog in the Kiln of the First Flame. (At the end of my first playthrough! Woop!)  I was running human because 1) I had just kindled 2) this area did not seem very active 3) I was feeling tired of avoiding invaders, and now that I've become more comfortable with this game dying doesn't feel like such a big deal.

It took a long time, but I was eventually - inevitably - invaded.  The person was an honorable sort: they made themselves visible and allowed me to clear the room of baddies.  This was only the second "honorable" invader I had ever encountered, but I knew the drill.  We bowed, she (char looked female) buffed her weapon and allowed me time to do the same, we threw up our shields and proceeded to duel.

Here's where I feel a bit guilty:
    My char is not built for dueling.  She's not "built" for anything really, other than surviving.  This invader was wielding a small shield and light, quick sword buffed with Greater Magic Weapon.  I have my claymore that I have been clutching for dear life almost the entire playthrough, and a greatly upgraded pyromancy flame that I rely heavily upon in PvE.  We spent a good bit of the beginning slowly circling each other - both of us were very lightly armored, so whoever found an opening first would be able to deal massive pain.  She feints, I fall for it. I graze her with an R1 from the claymore, and she takes a good 2/3 of my health.  Speed is a huge factor here and I know it - my claymore is much slower than her weapon, and in this cramped room I cannot get the buffer-zone I would need to take advantage of my weapon's reach. (I'm also no good at parrying, so that's not a viable option).  I need a fast attack.  I start trying to confuse her by continuously switching back and forth between my pyromancy glove and claymore.  When she goes for an attack, I dodge and blast her once with Greater Combustion.  And.... it's over.

I was honestly a bit shocked, so I didn't have enough wits about me to pay attention to how many souls I got in order to calculate her level. Either she was a good bit lower than me and had little health, or my pyromancy does way more damage than I thought.  Shrug Either way, I feel like I cheesed it.  Normally it wouldn't bother me, but this person wanted a duel and I was inclined to give it to them.  I suppose I shouldn't feel too bad... they did see me chucking around fire orbs as I cleared the room.

Maybe I should look into a quick side arm for when these situations arise.....

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:05 pm