Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+8
ARSP
FruitPunchNinja
befowler
Tolvo
Imarreteet23
BLA1NE
RANT
Kirk-Barb
12 posters

My first PVP victory & other wierd tales

Kirk-Barb
    Kirk-Barb
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

My first PVP victory & other wierd tales Empty My first PVP victory & other wierd tales

Post by Kirk-Barb Tue Apr 03, 2012 11:55 pm

This morning I got up an hour early for work so I could sneak the back way through Darkwood from Undead Burg to visit the the smith in Undead Parish. I was surprised at how easy it was to accomplish. I purchased the weapon & armor improvement boxes then returned to Undead Burg to farm for souls so I could purchase titanite. I still had plenty of time left so I farmed, climbing the ladder, going up the stairs, to trick the dragon into flaming the soldiers there for 555 souls and an eventual humanity. Then back down the stairs and ladder to Undead Burg to kill the soldiers there for souls and a possible titanite drop. Of course while tricking the dragon I'm available for invasion for several seconds. On my third trip I was invaded.

As I came down the stairs into the room below the bridge I gained my 555 souls and also noted the doorway to Undead Burg blocked. I took up a position at the back of the room away from the door to Undead Parish and the bottom of the stairs to the bridge. I noted a white rune offering help on the floor, but decided against it as I was at no risk of losing souls if I died and I didn't have time to go adventuring thru Undead Parish as I'm sure the helper was expecting.

The invader entered down the stair from the bridge. Naked, with empty hands. She got 2/3 of the way down the stairs, looked my way, then went back up on top of the bridge. I waited. I figured she saw me and was now equiping herself accordingly. A few moments later she returned down the stairs, still naked and still unarmed. She got 2/3 the way down, looked my way, then went back up and out of sight. I am now thinking, if she thinks I'm going to go up top to fight her in front of a fire breathing dragon, then she has underestimated my intelligence. I waited. A few moments and she returned once more, still naked and still empty handed. This time she came all the way into the room opposite my position with the full room between us and stood, looking at me. No bowing. No gesture of any kind. Just standing, naked and unarmed. I am now baffled. Am I suppose to do something?? Is this some kind of Deprived ritual?? I am not letting my guard down because I have been killed by invisible weapons in the past, so empty hands may not be so.

Finally she moves towards me and we begin to circle. Me in a combination of pyromancer armor with leather and chain, armed with the Escot and her naked with fists. I'm starting to feel a little foolish. Then she begins attacking me with her fists. I block with my shield and the damage is nothing. My endurance bar does not even move. What is going on?!? She has to be playing me somehow. I finally attack back, but I'm over thinking the situation and miss judge my distance and miss. She backs off to her original spot in the room and I too return to my side. On her left appears a Dark Knight shield, in her right hand a thief's knife. Now we're getting somewhere, even though she is still naked.

She comes at me again. We circle. I'm thinking she chose poorly for her weapon and shield. The Escot has really good reach, and by going with a knife my reach advantage is only made greater. The Knight Shield can bash, but not parry. I'm not going to have to worry about a reposte. I do on the other hand have to watch out for back stab. She attempts to hit me with the knife, but only reaches my shield. I on the other hand get in a number of great hits and combo hits. But to my dismay each hit only does 1 point of damage. 1 point of damage!!!! She is naked?!? How is that possible! I am at a loss. At this rate I will have to hit her hundreds of times to get the kill, and I'm sure to make a fatal error long before that. Oh well, let's see how long I can drag this out.

But I don't have to drag it out. Suddenly one of my combos does 127 points of damage. Now I'm confused. Then it dawns on me. Computer lag. Even though it looks like she's open for an attack, when I make my attempt, her shield is actually raised. I'm a little behind. I adjust my tactic. From now on I ignore her shield and weapon, but instead focus on her location and where she is headed. I only make an attack when I'm sure she can't counter attack properly and keep my shield up except for at the moment of my strike. I begin to do real damage now. Sometimes doing damage right through her shield. It is weird, but I got it figured.

When her health ducks below half she suddenly begins rolling about the room like she's having seizures or something. I've seen this dance step in a couple of my previous deaths. The dreaded backstab is in play now. I watch. I circle. I keep a safe distance, always spinning my shield towards where her roll will end. After her third rolling attempt I see a pattern. The room is big enough for me to manuever away, but my weapon reach allows me the ability to strike anywhere. On her 4th roll, just as she begins, I spin towards the direction of the roll and do a strong swipe followed by a thrust in the area where I think she will gain her feet. I hit empty air, but do 90 followed by 127 points of damage. As I back up she, she appears right where I struck, staggering. Lets just say that was the last time she rolled about the floor on me.

We are now back to circling. She is down to her last 20% of health. I make a mistake, and the next thing I know she is behind me and I'm backstabbed. All I can think is "I'm Dead". I can't believe I battled so well only to die so close to victory. I go down. But to my surprise I get back up. Only down about 20% health. This is a first. I spin and raise my shield. She bashes my shield with 4 frenzied blows of her knife. I slip free and we go back to circling. This time there is no more mistakes and I finish her.

Now is when I must admit total stupidity on my part. As I watched her fade away, I just stood there and gawked. I couldn't believe what had just happened. But still that woman deserved a bow if anyone did. And I blew it. I immediately sent her a thank you message, but of course she was from Japan and she never responded. I don't know the rules about naming other players in this forum, but I name ******* the finest invader ( also strangest) that I have ever met.

Last note: BLA1NE and reim0027. You were right about the Escot.

Last edited by Kirk-Barb on Thu Apr 05, 2012 7:07 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Do Not Post PSN Names - Good Story Though)
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

My first PVP victory & other wierd tales Empty Re: My first PVP victory & other wierd tales

Post by RANT Wed Apr 04, 2012 12:10 am

you are not allowed to pos other people's name(readt the forum guidelines) but cool story, he was probably using gear you can get at that point and wasnt a twink.
    BLA1NE
    BLA1NE
    Stat Guru
    Stat Guru

My first PVP victory & other wierd tales Empty Re: My first PVP victory & other wierd tales

Post by BLA1NE Wed Apr 04, 2012 2:56 am

lol, I scrolled down quickly to judge how big the wall of text would be before deciding whether I'd tackle it, and then I saw my screen name... I thought "Oh ****, am I the one he killed? This could be embarrassing!" But then I read "estoc" and was relieved! I say this because yesterday I invaded a couple people in newb gear, hit them once with my shotel to scare them, then fought them with my fists the rest of the fight--I don't like killing new players. But then I read your story and it wasn't me at all (and the earliest I invade is Sen's).

Thanks for sharing your experience! I remember the first time I fought a serious lagstabber. I'd run at him to attack, and before I ever got within arm's length in front of him he'd somehow always be backstabbing me. I was getting so furious, when I decided to run at him to fake him out, then swipe at the air right behind me (similar to what you figured out). Not so surprisingly, he would materialize out of thin air behind me, take damage, and I wouldn't be getting backstabbed. That's when I learned what lagstabbing really was.

Edit: don't forget the Estoc's R2, also! Can come in handy when there's severe lag and you need to guess where your opponent will be.
    Imarreteet23
    Imarreteet23
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Imarreteet23 Wed Apr 04, 2012 3:27 am

Actually, a similar thing happened to me in demon ruins. Some dude came down the stairs by the second bonfire completly naked. He then proceded to backstab me with a bandits knife.

Maybe there is a secret nude colonist covenant? silly
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Wed Apr 04, 2012 5:07 am

Great work, that invader is to be admired. At first what they were probably trying to do was figure out if you used the glitch, or were a new player. Seeing you were a new player, she probably equipped weak gear. Also the Black Knight shield can parry, not bash. The Black Knight enemies can only bash with it, but players can parry with it.

Great story though, very nice work on your part. I think you learned more in that single battle than most I face in PvP will ever figure out. By the way, are you on PSN or Live? If you are on PSN, I can actually help you out at times and do PvP practice if you ever are interested.
    befowler
    befowler

Post by befowler Wed Apr 04, 2012 11:09 am

There's also a whole series of videos about guys who invade naked and unarmed to try to trick people into stripping off their gear too for a "fair" boxing match, but then parry their opponent's punch, pull out a bandit's knife, and one shot them. Whenever I see someone like this I assume they're going for lulz and will pull out a nasty weapon if you play along.
    FruitPunchNinja
    FruitPunchNinja
    Revived
    Revived

Post by FruitPunchNinja Wed Apr 04, 2012 11:33 am

^^^ ive never once been able to actually box someone lol.
    ARSP
    ARSP
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by ARSP Wed Apr 04, 2012 11:48 am

Haha this reminds me I was in the Kiln looking for PvP I sat there for a few minutes and I got invaded by a guy wearing Black Knight armor he message me "boxing match?" i was excited I replied yes and I pulled out my two Cesti (I am guessing this is the cestus in plural form or maybe it's cestuses :?: ) +5 and we started boxing he backstabbed me with his cestus and it was all good fun I eventually won by backstabbing him with my cestus
    deadagain
    deadagain
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by deadagain Wed Apr 04, 2012 12:13 pm

Great story, my first victory was odd as well. It was actually my first time being invaded. Invader was equipped with dual shields. That's a new one I thought. We circled each other for about 20 mins as I poked at him with along sword. This was in the parish where the path to the bonfire before send is. I started to get frustrated as I could do no damage and I hadn't learned to kick yet. The invader finally drops a shield for pyro glove and cast fire storm. I roll away and say to myself I got u now. As soon as he pit the shield away I ran in and wailed on him and eventually won. Wasn't a great battle but a win is a win.
    Yesuurd
    Yesuurd
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Yesuurd Wed Apr 04, 2012 12:30 pm

I was hesitant of reading that whole thing also but it was a really cool anecdote, also remember this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xUJiBYX4NV0&feature=related
    Kirk-Barb
    Kirk-Barb
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Kirk-Barb Wed Apr 04, 2012 11:48 pm

Baal-Avata: I apologize for posting improperly. It shall not happen again.

befowler: Your explanation of the reason for my foes strange behavior is disturbing, but fits the pattern of actions that she displayed. Yesuurd sent me a video called "Dark Souls-Never Trust a Naked Man" that showed a villian at play tricking victim's into lowering there guard so he could critical them with death. However, I have been back stabbed and ambushed enough times by invaders that I'm always on guard.

BLA1NE: Sen's Fortress is dark rumor for my future, but I will get there someday. Hopefully if you should invade me there, you would deem me worthy enough of an opponent to at least arm yourself with a butter knife.

Tolvo: Thanks for setting me straight on the Black Knight shield. I would have been really surprised if I had been parried and reposte with an enemy carrying one. I am on PSN, but my free time to play the game is limited. I'd be happy to have you as a companion in adventure or as a sparring partner. I must warn you though I am still pretty much a green horn. This is my first time through the game and I have yet to do more then open the campfire gate in Undead Parish. Fortunately this Wiki has plenty of information on every aspect of the game. And of course this forum is full of helpful individuals willing to give tips and advice.
    BLA1NE
    BLA1NE
    Stat Guru
    Stat Guru

Post by BLA1NE Thu Apr 05, 2012 12:16 am

Tell you what: if you make sure to pick up the stone set and DWGR before coming to Sen's, so you're at least decently equipped, I'll keep an unupgraded bandit's knife around to fight you with, should I ever invade you!

If you let me know ahead of time when you're going to Sen's, I'll drop my Red Sign for you. happy I'll give you a humanity before we fight, so you'll have nothing to lose.
    cloudyeki
    cloudyeki
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by cloudyeki Thu Apr 05, 2012 12:19 am

Aye, first ever pvp win was between me in my beginner pyromancer gear and a g.halberd in hand, vs a naked guy with a sack, a plank shield, and cestus. the hallways were to narrow to swing my favorite weapon, so I resorted to combustion and punching. Strangest... 2nd strangest pvp I've had.
    Imarreteet23
    Imarreteet23
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Imarreteet23 Thu Apr 05, 2012 12:38 am

Oh, come on now i have to know what the first strangest is! IF YOU DONT MAKE NEW THREAD RIGHT NOW I'LL... Uhh... Be really mad.
    cloudyeki
    cloudyeki
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by cloudyeki Thu Apr 05, 2012 12:50 am

I posted a summarized version in another thread, but what had happened was I was in the burg with my summon sign down and my cat cov ring on just waiting to invade. I use the sign as a way to show when I'm invading, but I got summoned. 'Hey, I'll get to help someone with mr.Taurus, maybe I can even be a matador or something' Instead when I saw the host and bowed, he bowed back, got on the tower overlooking the 'arena' where a red was waiting for me. shrug, 'maybe he wants me to deal with this red and then we'll go after the bull'.

I run down, bow to the red and we fight it out. It was a really good fight, trading blows and having fun. But before I could land the winning blow I got BC'd out by the host. "maybe I got disconnected or something" nope, the red messaged me, said that the host sent me home cuz I won. ಠ_ಠ message back "what?" and he just repeated what he sent me.
    Imarreteet23
    Imarreteet23
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Imarreteet23 Thu Apr 05, 2012 12:55 am

Ok, my anger has been subdued. Awesome story!
    cloudyeki
    cloudyeki
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by cloudyeki Thu Apr 05, 2012 1:00 am

I'm sure Tolvo has better stories than me. in fact... TOLVO I SUMMON THEE FOR STORY TIME!!!!
    Imarreteet23
    Imarreteet23
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Imarreteet23 Thu Apr 05, 2012 1:02 am

I bet you he'll be here in 3 minutes on the nose. happy
    cloudyeki
    cloudyeki
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by cloudyeki Thu Apr 05, 2012 1:03 am

Doubt it, FC remember? He's probably having an amazing duel as I sit here not playing because family wants to watch American Idol Prostration
    Imarreteet23
    Imarreteet23
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Imarreteet23 Thu Apr 05, 2012 1:05 am

Just checked, he's not on. 😢
    BLA1NE
    BLA1NE
    Stat Guru
    Stat Guru

Post by BLA1NE Thu Apr 05, 2012 1:16 am

Is this a PvP stories thread now? lol

So I invaded a ton in Sen's today. This one guy, I invaded 3 times. Each time, he had the same 2 phantoms (don't ask me how they didn't manage to beat the area in all that time... he should get some better phantoms, maybe!). Only they were all much higher level than me, with great gear, and I was using my trolling build. It's the one where I have a shotel in my right hand, bow in left; I spam arrows at them until they turtle, then finish them off through their shield with my shotel! Only it doesn't work so well against higher level players, because they beat me in damage and HP, so they can tank my hits and kill me through them...

Anyways, so I invade these 3 guys the first time, pull out my bow, and get obliterated by the gold phantom's large crossbow with lightning bolts. The second time, it's the same 3 players. Goldie pulls out his xbow, so I go around a corner and switch to my shotel right away. Silver and the host come around, and I spam my shtel R2 through their shields. Almost get silver, but I'm out of stamina, and goldie comes and OHK backstabs me with a great club...

The THIRD time, I decided "to hell with my dinky gear!" and switch to my chaos knife and hornet's ring as soon as I spawn. I look for the host, don't find him, and notice the shortcut's been activated since last time I invaded him. So, thinking he's already at the boss fog, I run and take the elevator up, run toward the fog, and notice the xbow soldier is still in place... Then I see the notification that the host is summoning phantoms. Somehow, he was at the entrance when I looked, and slipped through my fingers. Having been thwarted twice already, I decided to play it sneaky and take them on one at a time when they come up the elevator. Silver came up first, and I hid behind a pillar so he couldn't see me! He runs out the door, toward the narrow path outside, but he's walking heavy so I catch up to him easily and OHK backstab him. I took a bit too long, though, so by the time I go back the short distance to the elevator, the host is already up, and so is goldie with his great club... I go round and round the elevator pit to separate them until it's just me and goldie face to face, and I have him right where I want him; he goes for a OHK R2, and I parry it right back in his face! OHK riposte--yessss! Silver and Goldie are both out, and I don't know what the host was thinking, but as I was riposting mr. big club, I saw him take a dive down the elevator shaft.

Blaine: 3
    Host: 2

Hurrah
    cloudyeki
    cloudyeki
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by cloudyeki Thu Apr 05, 2012 1:25 am

Any way we can convert this to the 'silly pvp stories' thread? This could be awesomely hilarious... it'd be awesomelarious! or Hilariawesome!... Awesomelarious sounds better.
    Imarreteet23
    Imarreteet23
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Imarreteet23 Thu Apr 05, 2012 1:32 am

Well, i guess the title of the thread could be interpreted like that so.... Yes! Awesome pvp story time!
    So i'm a forest hunter, and i keep on invading this one guy and his sunbro who have repeatedly destroyed me. So, I decide to get smart and equipt my hornets ring, Bandits Knife, Target Shield combo (which blaine is familiar with). Then, the second i spawn in, i run to the bridge by Alvania, so that i could take them one at a time without the fear of backstabs.

The Sunbro comes at me instantly, while the fully Havel decked out host stays behind. He does a running attack, which i parry. I backed away for a second because i didnt expect to actually land it, but i recover just in time to riposte. Havel freaks out and starts running, which, in hindsight, probably isnt the best idea when you have a guy chasing after you with a bandits knife. And, to make a long story short, lets just say that Havel might be having back problems for awhile, with a side effect of death.
    Joy
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Thu Apr 05, 2012 1:36 am

*Runs in panting*

I was, practice, duels, pit, whooo!

*Wipes the sweat from his brow*

I always remember my first PvP experience was in the burg, I saw the message but really thought nothing of it, the guy was using a name that sounded like an actual NPC. I had checked a bit on the wiki, and found out NPC's invade your world as Dark Spirits, I actually didn't know players could. So on the wiki I'd seen you could shoot the Wyvern's tail to get a weapon, so there I was shooting away with arrows when I just thought I head something. I turned to suddenly see a Dark Red man. I literally yelled, "Aaaaahhh!" And pressed circle while trying to run away as I saw him running at me. I rolled around a corner on the bridge and looked around for him, saw nothing. I had no clue where he went, when suddenly my soul count went up and it said he had died. He had charge me for a BS, and actually attacked right off the edge falling to his death. My first PvP experience was a victory, via complete dumb luck! Funny thing too I didn't know at first, but now I do, he was a griefer. Washing Pole, Giants with Mask of the Father. I was level I think, 15.
    Wolfgrey666
    Wolfgrey666

Post by Wolfgrey666 Thu Apr 05, 2012 1:39 am

ZOMG PVP Story time.

Well as a Darkwraith i invaded the forest.I went looking for the host and then found him.A host,two summons, and two forest hunters were all duking it out. So naturally(as any darkwraith should) i charged in all excited and joined the fray.

All of them were at low health and i noticed the host charging att me.So i switch to gravelord sword dance and let it rip. I hit all 5 of them and killed them all.At once.

I just stood there dumbfounded at what happened and forgot to bow.I did get some hatemail too .Oppsy. My first PVP victory & other wierd tales 2707236321

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 5:33 pm