Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3 posters

My 1st true 3v1 victory

Kirk-Barb
    Kirk-Barb
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

My 1st true 3v1 victory Empty My 1st true 3v1 victory

Post by Kirk-Barb Mon Mar 04, 2013 2:19 pm

Up until now, the best I have managed in a 3v1 is to kill the host. But last night, because of an act of utter aggressive stupidity, I killed not only the host, but his two phantoms as well.

I'm invading as a darkwraith in the forest at around lvl 160. My routine is to come in at the bridge in front of Siff's fog gate to avoid that awkward situation of showing up in the middle of an angry crowd. I next check on the welfare of the twin mushroom guys. They were alive... good. Then onto see how the rolling cat trio are doing. All dead.... bad. They are my favorites by the by. Finally I move up to see how many tree men are still alive. I find them all undisturbed and the host summoning in a phantom. Cool.... the host must be just back from the bonfire.

I go about waking up any of the tree men who are resting so they are all ready for action and then go to say hi to the host and his friend. Much to my disappointment the host has two friends. An orange one and a white one. One of each. You know what they say about 3 being a crowd, well in the forest it is just a big pain. They all descend on me, killing any poor tree man in their way with a single hit. I try to isolate the host for the kill, but he will not cooperate, and retreats while his friends circle behind for a backstab. It is time for the better part of valor. I fleeeeee....

I retreat down the path towards the bridge leading to the cat area. I see the ladder and decide to take it. I overrun it and have to jocky a bit before I can take it down, but I manage to start the slide down just as the white phantom's claymore strikes in the spot I had just vacated. At the bottom I quickly shuffle along the narrow ledge of the bridge support and set up on the pathway leading to the rope bridge to the hydra lake.

Safe for the moment I take stock of my situation. I cue up my fire tempest and ready my fire glove. Nothing happens. I grow a little concerned. I have learned the hard way that you can jump from above to the rope bridge. My back side is not safe, so I keep glancing that direction nervously. Then a large orange form shuffles into view and I start the fire tempest. It goes off as the orange reaches my side and the white is in my face. I watch as the white is knocked into empty air and spam a second fire tempest. As it goes off I get the message of the hosts death and three sets of soul amounts come my way. I look to my right and the orange guy is gone as well.

Victory!!!! Happy Happy Me.... 👽 In fact I'm so happy I send the host a GG message. But he didn't respond back. He must have been a little embarassed. :oops:
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

My 1st true 3v1 victory Empty Re: My 1st true 3v1 victory

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Wed Mar 06, 2013 1:19 pm

Equal parts embarrassed and bitter, would be my guess.
    largestember
    largestember

Post by largestember Wed Mar 06, 2013 1:40 pm

As the invader you always have the upper hand because of the environment. Plus, people who summon phantoms are usually hotheads, they'll chase you without thinking about it first and land right in your trap.

Besides, if you say he summoned 2 phantoms it must mean he was in the forest hunter covenant and was probably just summoning people to take down Sif.
    Kirk-Barb
    Kirk-Barb
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Kirk-Barb Wed Mar 06, 2013 4:16 pm

It's possible he was just after Sif, but if that were the case, he had a clear and unobstructed route to the double doors. I wasn't going to chase after them.

I'm thinking he was after the easy kill.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 2:58 pm