Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+148
Ifrit
SageOfToads123
Lich180
MikailArksot
StiffNipples
VelvetyOyster5
OminousSquaffle
GenericUsername
SadPanda
tonberryking01
Lmaousine
A Fierce Plankton
CephGabriel
DemonOfFate
Satoshi
divinebeanpole
Wolfsbane
MiareNoKo
Hugh_G_Johnson
Tolvo
ResIsBestStat
Squashy_Avocado
CarverUpqik
Elifia
Thedeadships
jimmyc0341
sure-magicians
Derksers
dragonblade
AnCapaillMor
Forum Pirate
Walter_White
Latitoast
ADirtySlate
twilightwarwolf
skarekrow13
Dibsville
Brigade
Paragon
Pilgrim34
Tchuwib
Tanklord
Werdax
BlazingSoul
Sneezer
KrazykevS10
Zyrrashijn
MistahrFox
Demon Slayer
BLA1NE
FlorisFreakshow
VaDoom
grossemesser
Anchises
densetsushun
sicktwist
Poozila
Folthanos
DMC
amaro57
ted1023
vixder/pennywise
gmwdim
Juutas
ZikoLogiKa NL
Ashran
RePaused
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
BagerX2
sunbro
Drydwir
Xero
Hydreigon11
Murkulanvippi
JaffaCakes
User1
Soris Ice Goldwing
Slarg232
firefighter_raven
Mr.Pickle
SpecialNewb
Kyōkai
drmuto
EeAyEss
rety
Rifter7
FinPeku
Halicarnassis
Coryf2209
Sentiel
XDHappyDX
DemonRider909
Aznul
Elite Knight
Phoenix Rising
Automancer
Rynn
Revoltage
BoggedBox
GkMrBane
Carphil
AnastaciaAstora
TheMeInTeam
OmniBot
argotthar
BackstabFisherman
FattyOfDoom
PlasticandRage
Kirk-Barb
Rarayn
Wilkinson3424
zasmyenok
The Letter X
CaptanSpudsy
Lord of Ash
Razielthemanslayer
joemann
ViralEnsign_
OrnsteinFanBoy
lonewolf
Avenger649
edgie_za
Ryndis
FruitPunchNinja
Cabjoy
Deathsitexxi
befowler
WandererReece
GrinTwist
XuitusTheGreat
callipygias
reim0027
Mr. Tart
greeneless
bmurn
Rudmed
T-King-667
ChaosMoogle
Spurgun
Fatneckwood
BrotherBob
Noob-of-Artorias
Ghadis_God
SublimeSinner
Glutebrah
sparkly-twinkly-lizard
Seignar
xSomax
152 posters

PvP tales!

Werdax
    Werdax
    Addicted
    Addicted

PvP tales! - Page 26 Empty Re: PvP tales!

Post by Werdax Wed Mar 27, 2013 10:02 pm

(The above video is related to my second encounter)

I had some strange encounters, in the township, last night.

First, I was invaded by a speedhacker. He had no interest in fighting, though. He just ran around an made all sorts of shenanigans. He ran in circles and did all kinds of stupid things. I found it rather entertaining, and as such, didn't even mind the fact that he was hacking. We tagged along for a while, untill I was defeated by a dark spirit I had invited over for a duel. He even prayed for me.

Later, I was invaded by something truely horrific. I was ivaded by a thing, such as the one seen in the video above. Eventually I pointed out for said invader, that I was eager to fight him or her (It was a female character, but lets face it. Only about 20% of the player populations are actually womens. Better safe then sorry, you know). I killed the invader with ease, but for some reason, I felt bad afterwards :/
    Other things did happen too, but I am too tired to wright it all down.
    Brigade
    Brigade
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Brigade Wed Mar 27, 2013 10:41 pm

Have you ever chain stabbed a fat rolling Vit gauge in full havel's over twenty times? Without then healing once? I have. Painted world in a nutshell.
    Dibsville
    Dibsville
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Post by Dibsville Wed Mar 27, 2013 10:44 pm

Werdax wrote:
    (The above video is related to my second encounter)

I had some strange encounters, in the township, last night.

First, I was invaded by a speedhacker. He had no interest in fighting, though. He just ran around an made all sorts of shenanigans. He ran in circles and did all kinds of stupid things. I found it rather entertaining, and as such, didn't even mind the fact that he was hacking. We tagged along for a while, untill I was defeated by a dark spirit I had invited over for a duel. He even prayed for me.

Later, I was invaded by something truely horrific. I was ivaded by a thing, such as the one seen in the video above. Eventually I pointed out for said invader, that I was eager to fight him or her (It was a female character, but lets face it. Only about 20% of the player populations are actually womens. Better safe then sorry, you know). I killed the invader with ease, but for some reason, I felt bad afterwards :/
    Other things did happen too, but I am too tired to wright it all down.

Tchuwib
    Tchuwib
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Tchuwib Thu Mar 28, 2013 1:41 am

^^ Those video made me laugh so much XD. For Werdax second story, something similar happen to me in the catacomb yesterday. I got a ghost at the first BF and doing the normal collecting route. We just switched the first bridge and I got invaded. Checked for eminent battle to the death, but instead I saw a DW staring at us from the other side with Darkwood forest ninja suit...no weapon. We went for him, trying to kill him, but he just kept running away. I tough he was gonna do a flip the bridge on us, but no. We lost track of him and just kept going. After making sure the second bridge was safe I went to get great scythe and dropped in the hole to see next to me the DW. He ran away again. But is fun and game hit a wall when he reached the ladder right before the DK spot. I did a 2H drop while he was on the ladder, 1KOH. I still messaged him that I found the chase pretty funny. He replied in Japanese so I can't say what he reply, but there was a happy face in is text.
    Coryf2209
    Coryf2209
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Coryf2209 Thu Mar 28, 2013 3:54 am

Now you people's stories are all well and good, but I got a once in a lifetime thing here!
    I came across a poise-monkey spear spammer who was a forest hunter. He'd do a$$hole things like TWOP+spear spam when I was spawning, and try to backstab fish me, so I ran to the ents to use the Heal miracle.(I was on Solaire cosplay and have 50 in every combat stat and 99 END) He came towards me to taunt, but up on the ledge, so he was near the thief. I mucked about with my shield up until I eventually got him to stab the thief and he exausted all 2-3 stacks of WoG and got gang beat by the first 3 NPCs and myself. It was during his hate mail that I found out he had killed Oswald!!! I'm going to post the transcript and update it as it continues.
    #I will post his messages exactly how he says them except for swear words(unless he mispells them so they wont get censored by the forum)
    #Keep in mind that I'm not sexist, I simply took a shot at his manhood.
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
    The origin of "Window Licker"(this is just his latest vid containing the phrase)
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
    I love when this **** comes together like this!

Also, I think this would make me worthy of joining LunarFrogs's griefing cov, which I just might, because being a **** is just so much fun when theres no repercussions whatsoever.
    GenericUsername
    GenericUsername
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by GenericUsername Thu Mar 28, 2013 5:23 pm

I invaded some ganker in dark AL and walked into the bonfire room and saw him trying to summon phantoms. So naturally I pulled out my zaphander and started the fight. I got three hits on him before he started back tracking towards the door, but I was right on him the whole time. So he goes to close the door to heal presumably, but I was too close and ended up on the other side of the door with him and just finished him off while he was still busy doing door things. Got an indictment immediately after that.

Invaded in the parish a little after that and ended up invading someone with a solaire/lautrec gank, but they did something incredibly stupid and were camping the spawn. So I started the zaphander again and got them down to maybe 1/4th of their health before they dropped down to the ledge below and started to heal. So I just drop smashed him right there and got him back down to about 1/4th so he dropped another ledge and took some falling damage and tried to heal again, so I just dropped on him again and killed him. Another immediate indictment
    Hugh_G_Johnson
    Hugh_G_Johnson
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Hugh_G_Johnson Fri Mar 29, 2013 2:17 am

I had a guy in the standard issue ganking uniform standing near the stairs in the forest with an item dropped. I cast CSM and he points down at whatever he dropped. Well, even if I hadn't seen that trick on youtube before seeing it at least a dozen times myself, I still don't think I'd have fallen for it. That doesn't mean it doesn't tick me off when people try it though. I ran forward and hit him with the crystal soul spell combo as he's pointing... he died and of course, I picked up the item. big grin Made me think of this...

Spoiler:

edtit: PS -- the item was a pendant... fond memories indeed.
    Paragon
    Paragon
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Paragon Fri Mar 29, 2013 2:58 am

Ha ha, simply splendid! +1 you magnificent basterd
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Fri Mar 29, 2013 3:50 pm

So we're in Off Topic and Pendant gives Mr. Tart some advice that turned into a discussion of one of my more epic battles:

Here we are
    twilightwarwolf
    twilightwarwolf
    Revived
    Revived

Post by twilightwarwolf Fri Mar 29, 2013 6:13 pm

ok so i just had an awesome moment in the forest. So my lvl 65 build is running to help my friend and a second dude vades us. i go find him and the first dude attacking my friend behind alvinas bridge and the second guy who is wearing quellana's outfit comes at me. i go behind the stairs as soon as i notice him putting on tranqil walk of peace so i pull out my thourland tailisman and start up my gravelord greatsword dance ( notorious for missing my opponents) and right as he comes around the corner and to my back a sword hits him and does 400-500 dam ( which was like half of his health). as he's getting up i switch to my sheild and still affected by the twop i r1 him continuosly with my BK halberd until his sheild breaks ( i imagine he's freaked out and shocked so he isnt thinking about parring) kill him and i go to help my friend when he dies from a havel using twop also and wog ( cheap much right?) so i come to him and he runs to the only big mushroom dude i didnt kill and uses twop i run back to the stairs and he catches up and starts to attack i hit him once and he returns my blow and right as he's about to hit me again his twop stops and i roll out of the way hit him with my halberd then roll back again because he tries to hit me again and then 2h r2 and hit him as he comes at me from my left and kill him. hows that for an awesome way to end a 2v1?
    Pilgrim34
    Pilgrim34
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Pilgrim34 Sat Mar 30, 2013 7:58 am

I spent another fun evening in the Dukes Archives, my favourite invasion area.

I had an absolutely classic time when I invaded one guy. He was a caster and he had a phantom with him, also a caster. As is often the case in this area, the hosts wait to face the invader inside the large room behind the bookshelves, and this was no different. Standard ganking procedure, he waited in the middle of the room with CSM cast whilst his phantom was hiding just behind the doorway with the same thing. However, neither of them were going to come out and face me so I managed to poison the host plus hit him with a couple more arrows in the head and then the two start moving. The whole time I was just outside this room by the doorway, and all they do is repeatedly cast CSM and soul spear and run towards me, then back into the room. I simply dodged all their castings by moving to the side of the door and they wasted all their magic in this fashion. Once their magic is gone the phantom then comes at me with a titanite catch pole whilst the host cowers inside the room. 2 pokes and a bs later the phantom is down then the host finally comes at me with a MGS and tries using the ranged blast at point blank range. I almost felt too ashamed to poke him to death with my rapier at this point. Must have been the worse 2v1 tactics I have ever seen, no co-operation or strategy or anything! PvP tales! - Page 26 2707236321
    grossemesser
    grossemesser
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by grossemesser Sat Mar 30, 2013 1:50 pm

I come not to sing of triumph but of the agony of growing pains. I have been leveling up a new build for the fight club and these have happened along the way.

In the Parish at sl 24 farming souls and shards I was invaded by the grim lager of death who stabbed me with an invisible lightinig weapon and blasted me to death with DB.....but not before I managed to backwards roll under the DB and get in a whirling slash with my scimitar for a whopping 124 worth of damage. I was already dead. I just didn't know it.

In the Parish going for the Gargoyles decided to summon Lautrec and Solaire for funnzies. I get Lautrec and climb the ladder then summon Solaire. While I waiting a red must have spawned right on top of me because suddenly I was dead and there she was BKGS in hand. Never saw it coming. In to much of a hurry and getting sloppy. She did throw down a "very good" which I chose to see as a compliment of my characters face that I did a really good job on....I mean she's pretty cute.

Okay, my favorite. Down to the Depths and I don't even know WHY I was human. Gotta get the Large Ember and I got 10 minutes or so to do it. Run down the steps and kill hollows. Charcoal pine resin on the sword. Run for the jump.........and invaded. No way I am taking on a Butcher and dogs and an invader with who knows what at the same time. So I wait for the guy to come to me. He comes up to the first landing and tries to dark hand me.........really?....... so I roll around and lay into him. The damage doesn't even register which at this point I think is due largely to my weak weapon and who knows what defense he has. We dance this dance for a while then heal and lather rinse repeat. He is getting nowhere and I have decided I am not wasting any more resin on him. I work my way through my flasks and he toxics me a couple of times. Red Tearstone activates and he backs off for some firebombing which is really no problem. He cant touch me and I can't do enough damage to really mess him up yet. Toxic eventually kills me and he comes over and looks skyward.......whatever I have 4minutes so I run down kill the Butchers get the ember free Laurentius and bone back to Firelink. Mission accomplished!

I deviated from my formula. Things I didn't do:
    1) bring variety of weapon; spear, bow, poison arrows
    2) rite of kindling asap
    3) elemental weapons early on.
    4) played their game and not mine.
    Pilgrim34
    Pilgrim34
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Pilgrim34 Sat Mar 30, 2013 2:59 pm

Sounds like you just had one of those typical off-days, we all have them sometimes!

I try to avoid being in human form for the first 2-3 hours of any new playthrough to avoid unnecessary grief but it's always a compromise since I rarely use phantoms for the first few bosses, often to my detriment.

Anyhow I grabbed hold of the Avelyn earlier with my SL63 build so I'm gonna have some fun with that in future invasions!
    CarverUpqik
    CarverUpqik
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by CarverUpqik Sat Mar 30, 2013 3:10 pm

ok so i got invaded in Sens one time and the invader was in full havels/havelsGS/some spear, he runs all the way up to the long thin walkway before the second bonfire where theres 2 mage serpents right before it, i get up there and hes just standing there blocking at the other end. i just killed the mage standing on the little ledge and flipped over to the ledge and went around and backstabbed the invader into falling off, and continued to the fog gate at the top of the small stairs. either he didnt see me of he was supprised i made that jump lol
    GenericUsername
    GenericUsername
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by GenericUsername Sun Mar 31, 2013 2:26 am

I invaded in AL and got into a 3v1 gank. I got backstabbed and then finished off by two of the phantoms and then the third one, who didn't even do anything, spammed PvP tales! - Page 26 3596227959. I admit I actually laughed at that.
    Coryf2209
    Coryf2209
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Coryf2209 Mon Apr 01, 2013 1:59 am

SOOOO I was hosting in the kiln with a +14 estoc with SLB and a hornet ring.(for parries. I've done not a single backstab so far since I've equipped it) I eventually came accross this lightly armored flipper with a uchi and charcoal resin. We bowed and whatnot, and I parried his first swing, oneshotting him with the riposte. I see a bloodstain emerge below. This is the first time this has ever happened to me. KILLCAM! PvP tales! - Page 26 Me_gusta_2-small-f0d36182c10f2c3f1f4e4375889869e5
    Hugh_G_Johnson
    Hugh_G_Johnson
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Hugh_G_Johnson Mon Apr 01, 2013 2:59 am

I invaded as a SOV in the forest, it's 2 gankers finishing off an invader before I can get there. I'm on the defensive, but I get a break because the cleric is sill there and an even bigger break when a blue appears on my screen out of nowhere (I still don't know how he got there so fast after a kill even if I didn't see the invasion notice, but I digress...) now the gankers retreat toward the stairs. The host is ninja flipping with a scythe and had a pyro hand... my favorite build! :roll: I go for a 2-handed R2 with the MLGS; I don't know why just thought I might catch him doing a running attack or jump attack. I land it to my shock (the host just kinda walked into it -- probably lag, I hope so... it'd be nice to think it helps me sometimes silly ) and I switch to one-hand for the kill... but have the catalyst equipped for some reason when I go to swing. :evil: The ninja flips away, I hit a tree with a cast and our ninja starts healing at the edge of the cliff and I see an opportunity... however, before I can do anything a figure flashes across my screen from the left and delivers a downward blow with a mace sending the host over the edge of the cliff -- that's right... the cleric NPC swooped in and stole the killshot!
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Mon Apr 01, 2013 1:29 pm

So there I was, with my shield and spear. I had just put on my ring of FAP (Sponsored by Quickie Lube). In comes some Back Massage fisher. I go full Turtle (Sponsored by Fred's Fishin' Pro Shop) on him. Trying to tickle him with the spear. I blast off WoG, one of my favorite Miracles (Sponsored by FireWork City - BOOM!). He's into Pyromancies (Sponsored by Ted's BBQ Grill - MMMM... Food) apparently, as he rips off a great combustion. He switches to a Broadword (Sponsored by Billy's House of Cutlery) which makes me go for the move my shield away from my body as to deflect their attack. One riposte later I have him on the ropes. He runs off so I PM him, give me a titanite Slab (Sponsored by Excavating Supply Co. - Keep a Diggin') or I'll Magic (Sponsored by Flemmings Magic Shop - 5 New Locations) you into next Tuesday. Mr. casul (Sponsored by Linda's Lip Gloss Galleria) replies back he's a forum member and he's gonna go cry to Emergence (Sponsored by Manny's House of Munch) and BAAL (Mr. Super Awesome #1). I take a second to decide between Magic (Sponsored by Flemmings Magic Shop - 5 New Locations) buff or lemon buff. I go with lemon and send him home......
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Mon Apr 01, 2013 1:33 pm

skare - PvP tales! - Page 26 3148240486

That is all. silly
    grossemesser
    grossemesser
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by grossemesser Mon Apr 01, 2013 7:23 pm

Doing some Forest hunting yesterday and .....oops! I spawned as a white phantom( !?). So at a loss for what to do I ran down to the steps at the main gate all the while thinking I am gonna have to BC out cause I am not gonna support unauthorized activity in our Forest. But lo and behold there is the host sorely beset upon by a red. I charge the red and soak up a lot of damage from his BKGA then die. The host gets the final BS on the red before I am gone and I get something like 120,000 souls.
    PvP tales! - Page 26 3207319737
    gmwdim
    gmwdim
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by gmwdim Mon Apr 01, 2013 7:28 pm

Ah, the infamous summoning bug. It gets to everyone from time to time, where you arrive in the host's world as a different color phantom than you intended. Once in a while it can lead to some unexpected justice, i.e. when a ganker arrives in the host's world as an invader instead...right in front of a team of gankers.
    KrazykevS10
    KrazykevS10
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by KrazykevS10 Tue Apr 02, 2013 4:04 am

I was hosting in the forest,pretending to be a miner,chilling,breaking rocks with my pickaxe.I get invaded after a while but the blue doesn't want to fight,he laughs at it.We trade,I kill a few unruly invaders and give him a pickaxe.After a while,we get another nice blue who grabs his pickaxe and helps us in digging.I get their attention after a while of this and show them I am summoning a helper.The guy joins and is shocked to see us all mining instead of killing each other.He too grabs his pickaxe and gets to work.One of the blues left after a few minutes and one of the unruly guys from earlier invades and attacks me.
    Having three pickaxes hit you in the face at once must really hurt.
    lol!
    CarverUpqik
    CarverUpqik
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by CarverUpqik Tue Apr 02, 2013 3:38 pm

this is more of a question than a tale but also a tale. me and my friends were in the middle of fighting NG+ gwyndolin and we got invaded while in the boss room :/ is that even supposed to happen?????
    User1
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Post by User1 Tue Apr 02, 2013 4:47 pm

That's either a hack, or a glitch. It's possible the server booked an invasion in your world early, but the invader only got in after you got in the boss room.
    CarverUpqik
    CarverUpqik
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by CarverUpqik Tue Apr 02, 2013 5:53 pm

heh i was just playing around and invaded my friend and he went to bash me with his shield and i parried it and riposted him with my +15 DemonGA with 50 Str lol

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 8:50 pm