Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+148
Ifrit
SageOfToads123
Lich180
MikailArksot
StiffNipples
VelvetyOyster5
OminousSquaffle
GenericUsername
SadPanda
tonberryking01
Lmaousine
A Fierce Plankton
CephGabriel
DemonOfFate
Satoshi
divinebeanpole
Wolfsbane
MiareNoKo
Hugh_G_Johnson
Tolvo
ResIsBestStat
Squashy_Avocado
CarverUpqik
Elifia
Thedeadships
jimmyc0341
sure-magicians
Derksers
dragonblade
AnCapaillMor
Forum Pirate
Walter_White
Latitoast
ADirtySlate
twilightwarwolf
skarekrow13
Dibsville
Brigade
Paragon
Pilgrim34
Tchuwib
Tanklord
Werdax
BlazingSoul
Sneezer
KrazykevS10
Zyrrashijn
MistahrFox
Demon Slayer
BLA1NE
FlorisFreakshow
VaDoom
grossemesser
Anchises
densetsushun
sicktwist
Poozila
Folthanos
DMC
amaro57
ted1023
vixder/pennywise
gmwdim
Juutas
ZikoLogiKa NL
Ashran
RePaused
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
BagerX2
sunbro
Drydwir
Xero
Hydreigon11
Murkulanvippi
JaffaCakes
User1
Soris Ice Goldwing
Slarg232
firefighter_raven
Mr.Pickle
SpecialNewb
Kyōkai
drmuto
EeAyEss
rety
Rifter7
FinPeku
Halicarnassis
Coryf2209
Sentiel
XDHappyDX
DemonRider909
Aznul
Elite Knight
Phoenix Rising
Automancer
Rynn
Revoltage
BoggedBox
GkMrBane
Carphil
AnastaciaAstora
TheMeInTeam
OmniBot
argotthar
BackstabFisherman
FattyOfDoom
PlasticandRage
Kirk-Barb
Rarayn
Wilkinson3424
zasmyenok
The Letter X
CaptanSpudsy
Lord of Ash
Razielthemanslayer
joemann
ViralEnsign_
OrnsteinFanBoy
lonewolf
Avenger649
edgie_za
Ryndis
FruitPunchNinja
Cabjoy
Deathsitexxi
befowler
WandererReece
GrinTwist
XuitusTheGreat
callipygias
reim0027
Mr. Tart
greeneless
bmurn
Rudmed
T-King-667
ChaosMoogle
Spurgun
Fatneckwood
BrotherBob
Noob-of-Artorias
Ghadis_God
SublimeSinner
Glutebrah
sparkly-twinkly-lizard
Seignar
xSomax
152 posters

PvP tales!

Thedeadships
    Thedeadships
    Casual
    Casual

PvP tales! - Page 31 Empty Re: PvP tales!

Post by Thedeadships Tue Apr 23, 2013 1:29 am

I was just as surprised myself when I hit him, I'm going to give him the benefit of the doubt that he was stoned or something.. Slow reflexes you know? I'm sure he meant to roll ... Lol
    CarverUpqik
    CarverUpqik
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by CarverUpqik Tue Apr 23, 2013 3:35 pm

oh god i wish i would have recording the plunging attack i OHKOd a invader with in the forest they were were running down the stairs past alvina and i jumped diagonally off the top and did a plunging attack and they were coming out from behind the wall as i got to the bottom and BLAM dead
    Hugh_G_Johnson
    Hugh_G_Johnson
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Hugh_G_Johnson Tue Apr 23, 2013 9:31 pm

I was chasing a guy through there one time and had falling back a ways. I decided to jump all the way down instead of doing two rolls. I launched myself blind confident he was just going to run all the way to the mushroom parents. In midair I re-adjusted my camera and noticed my prey was right underneath me. I would have loved to seen his reaction when he died!

Last edited by Hugh_G_Johnson on Wed Apr 24, 2013 4:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Squashy_Avocado
    Squashy_Avocado
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Squashy_Avocado Tue Apr 23, 2013 9:47 pm

Yesterday, after downloading the latest patch, I decided to head over to the Moon pit and see if I could pick anything up. I was running with my new dual-wield build (literally my first melee oriented build, BTW). Anyhow, after running around for awhile looking at all the Resonance rings or whatever they're called, I decided to try out the good old red eye orb. I ended up invading a host and another dual wielding phantom. And since I am a kind person, I stayed out of the way to let them fight. But they just stood there. It literally took me like 2 minutes to realize what was going on. So, I fought the phantom and ended up winning, but I lost to the host. Once I was spit out at the bonfire, I ran back to the moon pit as fast as I could and joined in on their little fight club. Almost all of the involved players were dual wielding, and I'm pretty sure most of them were Japanese. Probably one of the most satisfyingly coincidental PvP experiences I've ever had.
    Hugh_G_Johnson
    Hugh_G_Johnson
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Hugh_G_Johnson Tue Apr 23, 2013 10:44 pm

edit/delete: sorry, don't know how but double post -- carry on.

Last edited by Hugh_G_Johnson on Wed Apr 24, 2013 4:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Ghadis_God
    Ghadis_God
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Ghadis_God Tue Apr 23, 2013 10:51 pm

I invaded a "Napoleon_Bonerpart" today, his skill level was about as high as the name would suggest. I also got my first ever Toxin kill with the Dark Silver Tracer, which was fun.
    Hugh_G_Johnson
    Hugh_G_Johnson
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Hugh_G_Johnson Tue Apr 23, 2013 10:55 pm

Ghadis_God wrote:I invaded a "Napoleon_Bonerpart" today, his skill level was about as high as the name would suggest.

HEY!

edit: I hope you refer to the lame pun and not the theme of the name... otherwise that would make me sad. 😢

Last edited by Hugh_G_Johnson on Tue Apr 23, 2013 11:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
    EeAyEss
    EeAyEss
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by EeAyEss Tue Apr 23, 2013 10:56 pm

I can't stop laughing. I thought it was the actual name, not that ridiculous pun. I reread it and actually emitted noise from my mouth.
    Ghadis_God
    Ghadis_God
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Ghadis_God Tue Apr 23, 2013 11:06 pm

Hugh_G_Johnson wrote:
    Ghadis_God wrote:I invaded a "Napoleon_Bonerpart" today, his skill level was about as high as the name would suggest.

HEY!

edit: I hope you refer to the lame pun and not the theme of the name... otherwise that would make me sad. 😢
    I mean the immature pun. I thought for a second before you edited it that you were Bonerpart.
    lonewolf
    lonewolf
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by lonewolf Wed Apr 24, 2013 6:28 am

was hosting in the burg with my giant build that is also my strenght build.
    this one guy inwades me and he cast crystal wepon, he then went town on me but i have +5 giant armor so i was just shruging his atacks of.
    i then got a BS on him and it did 750 damage i then hit him just when he get up to do another 250 damage.
    then he rolls of and pop a divine, in my head all i could think was: IT IS ON.
    i continue to trow him around and he continue to heal adt chip away at my health, i got low on health so i backed up in a corner and raise my shield he then puls up a unupgraded gold tracer and starts hitting me, i run at him to get a BS but but i take damage just as i get it, he is traped in the BS animation but not me so i heal to full hp with estus and follow up with an humiliating bs on then hit him on the ground and then i repeated that once more and killed him.
    i did the Well What is it Point Down Well What is it combo and moved on.

PvP tales! - Page 31 It_was10
    WandererReece
    WandererReece
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by WandererReece Wed Apr 24, 2013 9:58 am

Hugh_G_Johnson wrote:
    Latitoast wrote:I wish I was lying.

That was his gamertag.

Lati, the enforcement of that rule seems to be 'don't post other people's gamer tags (especially if it's in a negative connotation)'.

I might humbly suggest that rule be reworded, because it's not slander if it's true.

It doesn't need to be reworded. If he had proof that the person was a hacker, then the rule wouldn't apply. "It's not slander if it's true." However, he had no proof. Since he had no proof we don't know if he's telling the truth or making it up. In the country I live in it's innocent until proven guilty.

If he posted a nice video with it, then he would be able to post that the person was a hacker.

Also, it's not "don't post other people's names." It's "don't post other people's names in an attempt to slander." If you post a person's name to praise him in a good way, then it's ok.
    Hugh_G_Johnson
    Hugh_G_Johnson
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Hugh_G_Johnson Wed Apr 24, 2013 3:10 pm

Off topic text wall:
    Spoiler:

On topic text wall:

I invaded two gankers in dark AL, both using bleed weapons. I get cut up pretty bad, but manage to kill the white and force the host to retreat to estus. Unfortunately, it took almost 2 seconds for my controller to pop the humanity and the host hits me in the middle of the overdue animation. Round 2; I do a bunch of damage, but they both survive and the white spams Well What is it ... I send the host a message: 'ur phantom's a joke. Ask him why he's taunting when he's 1-1 in a 2v1.' Response: 'Because he's a ----, plain and simple.' Maybe this guys ok...

Round 3: I'm sick of dying to these clowns. I'm going to ambush them or wait for help. The host asks if I want a 1v1 w/phantom. I decline because I'm hunting ears, I don't trust them and I reject the premise of dueling the jackass phantom (I already know I'm way better than him). I write back '2v2... wait'. He say ok, you can come wait with us -- LOL no thanks. I ducked away to write, but I've been standing outside so they can't see me looking into the sentinel hall spying on them. Eventually they appear to go looking for me, they reappear and start heading straight towards me. I hide on the other side of the small gateway to the giant blacksmith. They come through and I got to town unlocked with the MLGS... 4 seconds later they're dead.

I get an angry message, saying that they were going to upgrade some weapons. I'm still not sure if I believe that. At some point the host says the white's his little cousin 'and will do whatever he says' after I doubted their trustworhiness. I got an angry message from the white confirming this and saying they offered a fair fight, blah, blah and he threatens to 'gank-on sight'. LOL -- I inform him it's not much of a threat since that's all they've done so far... and reminded him of his 1-2 tally in ganks so far. He also asked how I stunlocked with the MLGS. I tried to explain the complicated process, but he's not buying...

Round 4: More unlocked fun w/the MLGS... I stun-lock both to death again. Me to the white: "1-3". big grin Now, the white thinks I'm hacking because I stunlocked with the MLGS. He again and tells me to 'turn the hacks off or gank on sight' next time. I ask, 'you mean like every other time?' So in review; the white ganks, fails and threatens to punish a well-known tactic that he calls a hack by ganking. Oh, I'm so scared! :affraid:
    WandererReece
    WandererReece
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by WandererReece Wed Apr 24, 2013 6:31 pm

Hugh_G_Johnson wrote:It's not slander if it's true ... Censoring such a post and citing the current rule is equivalent of accusing someone of slander.

Now you're just contradicting yourself.
    Hugh_G_Johnson
    Hugh_G_Johnson
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Hugh_G_Johnson Wed Apr 24, 2013 7:41 pm

Sorry, more off topic:
    Spoiler:

...so yeah, pvp stuff... hmm what do I have?

I've been working on my unlocked play, mostly using it to spam R1 and avoid parries and maybe dead-angle. I don't like running around unlocked more than I have to in pvp. But, in the middle of a recent match I threw out an unlocked R1 with the gold tracer facing the guy at a 45 degree angle as he was coming towards me (a one time slash, not spam) and got parried! LOL - here I am getting to where I can spam around and through parry attempts and this guy one-times me at an effed up angle! ...I got back up and pwned him, though! silly (reference: the legend never dies) Seriously, I did go on to win the match. But, you'll have to take my word, for alas, I have no proof. winking
    reim0027
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 Wed Apr 24, 2013 11:53 pm

WandererReece wrote:
    It doesn't need to be reworded. If he had proof that the person was a hacker, then the rule wouldn't apply. "It's not slander if it's true."

Also, it's not "don't post other people's names." It's "don't post other people's names in an attempt to slander." If you post a person's name to praise him in a good way, then it's ok.
    I, respectfully disagree. While that may be the legal definition (don't know, not a lawyer), it has no place in this forum.

Calling out another's GT/PSN/GFWL ID in a disparaging way sets a slippery slope. We should focus on the positives and ignore the negatives.
    grossemesser
    grossemesser
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by grossemesser Sat Apr 27, 2013 12:50 pm

Back in the Forest and it feels good. Sl 10 pyro first run in the woods: Indicted! I deserved it really but hey if you are just gonna stand there in the hot zone with a blue trying to keep you safe(?) be prepared to die. I racked up 5 kills and 2 forfeits(suicide) as well as a growing number of parries(I'm weak there). My favorite thing is the higher level gankers that just kind of stand there after my 4th or 5th invasion and look at the spot where I died like " what just happened " . These same guys started out with PvP tales! - Page 31 3358384175 and PvP tales! - Page 31 2707236321.

I think that the lower soul level is making me more cautious. At higher levels, especially with my hybrids I am all "BANZAI!" Which is fun especially when they realize I was just using the BS they gave me to get the RTSR active.

Lower level I've got to think on my feet.
    jimmyc0341
    jimmyc0341
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by jimmyc0341 Sat Apr 27, 2013 1:11 pm

I keep running into these a$$holes in the forest either using Giant's/Havels armor w/Crown of Dusk spamming Dark Magic. I mean really??? I invaded at least 30 people last night and 25 of them were using those set ups and No I didn't keep invading the same person. These were all different a$$holes using those builds. Plus I think most of them were sl.200 + since their life and stamina bars were so freaking high. I killed a few of them but the ones ganking? My sl.50 stood no chance
    Latitoast
    Latitoast
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Latitoast Sat Apr 27, 2013 1:18 pm

I invaded a guy in Anor Londo

He tried to run for the O&S boss fog, but a Royal Sentinel knocked him on the ground

He tried to run again, but my sword found it's place in his back.
    grossemesser
    grossemesser
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by grossemesser Sat Apr 27, 2013 1:39 pm

jimmyc0341 wrote:I keep running into these a$$holes in the forest either using Giant's/Havels armor w/Crown of Dusk spamming Dark Magic. I mean really??? I invaded at least 30 people last night and 25 of them were using those set ups and No I didn't keep invading the same person. These were all different a$$holes using those builds. Plus I think most of them were sl.200 + since their life and stamina bars were so freaking high. I killed a few of them but the ones ganking? My sl.50 stood no chance

Yeah , these are some of the more irritating guys out there. What I hate is when they all seem to have the DWGR on. It's like they're all part of the same club! But I learned to roll through the DM. More than one has gotten a BS stacked with PW, RTSR, and a sprinkling of Hornet Ring! Watch out for the Gold Tracers when you get to close!

I may not get them all but if I get just one then my work is done twisted
    ResIsBestStat
    ResIsBestStat
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by ResIsBestStat Sat Apr 27, 2013 3:38 pm

Ok so im doing a low level sl build
    i complete it (no op weapons or armor)
    so when i invade some guy in parish with a phantom, we both bow
    the phantom attack me first, we are having a good fight, but suddenly while i deal lots of damage to him, the host starts attacking me, in the end they both gank me and i die
    i send them hatemail saying that i was having a good fight until the host started rushing at me, the host sent me a reply saying that i had op armor and weapons
    i was using bastard sword +5 and elite knight armor, both are easily acquireble
    i mean wtf?
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Sat Apr 27, 2013 4:18 pm

I just invaded as a DM and met with a Dragon with tons of Pyromancy. We bowed then they did Well What Is It.

So I just slowly walked towards them as they hit me with every Creat Fireball they had, lost less than 30% of my health since it is a tank build. On their final cast I did a jumping attack and one shot them.

Ran around looking for the host to notice a corpse on a spike in the PW that should be there. I pushed it into a corner revealing the host and just kept doing one swing with my DGM to hit him, then he'd roll and I'd hit him. If he had just kicked he could have gotten away, he was fast rolling. What a funny little encounter.
    ResIsBestStat
    ResIsBestStat
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by ResIsBestStat Sat Apr 27, 2013 5:53 pm

Tolvo wrote:I just invaded as a DM and met with a Dragon with tons of Pyromancy. We bowed then they did Well What Is It.

So I just slowly walked towards them as they hit me with every Creat Fireball they had, lost less than 30% of my health since it is a tank build. On their final cast I did a jumping attack and one shot them.

Ran around looking for the host to notice a corpse on a spike in the PW that should be there. I pushed it into a corner revealing the host and just kept doing one swing with my DGM to hit him, then he'd roll and I'd hit him. If he had just kicked he could have gotten away, he was fast rolling. What a funny little encounter.

The phantoms were *** and the host was a coward
    nothing too new here, but i agree the part of the spiked corpse was funny
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Sat Apr 27, 2013 5:56 pm

I thought he might have been a low level since I was a DM, but the host had at least 30 int, a good deal of stamina and almost as much health as me. I'd say probably 100. The first guy dying to one hit and dealing no damage to me, I don't get.
    Seignar
    Seignar
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Seignar Sat Apr 27, 2013 6:43 pm

I just have to tell this one that happened just right now:

I'm random invading in the Township and it is, sadly, one of those days where someone is getting smart and is using the Stone Greatsword together with, what looks like, a 50 INT Dark Bead with TCC and all that. The first he completely gets me as his Bead completely shatters my shield and 1-shots me.

The second time I noticed him and said: "Oh, not again!". Same thing happened.
    So, what did I do? Did I cease my activities.

NO!
    PvP tales! - Page 31 Th?id=H.4971730543118669&pid=15

Oolacile Ivory in my right! Heater on my left! Strong Magic Shield equipped! Preparations complete!

"Come at me...Bro!"
    PvP tales! - Page 31 3596227959

Round 3...FIGHT!

Behold my Strong Magic Shield! Yes! Do as you please! Although flawed, the power of the Strong Magic Shield is beyond that which you can defeat! Yes, cower at the uselessness of your magics! Your TWoP has faded, my mobility has recovered, now...FACE ME!

Try as you might with your pathetic Moonlight Greatsword! Ah? Backstab attempt! Do not mistake me for a fool! Taste my counter backstab! You survived? Your VIT is most impressive! But, your ambush has failed, your magic has faded, your skill are lacking, you cannot hope to defeat me! Now taste my 3 hit stunlock! Yah, Yah, Yah! Still alive I see?

Alas, I have the lag advantage, this backstab shall end it once and for all!

*Disconnected from Host's World*
    FLAWLESS VICTORY

...Never heard from him ever again.
    ResIsBestStat
    ResIsBestStat
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by ResIsBestStat Sat Apr 27, 2013 8:08 pm

Seignar wrote:I just have to tell this one that happened just right now:

I'm random invading in the Township and it is, sadly, one of those days where someone is getting smart and is using the Stone Greatsword together with, what looks like, a 50 INT Dark Bead with TCC and all that. The first he completely gets me as his Bead completely shatters my shield and 1-shots me.

The second time I noticed him and said: "Oh, not again!". Same thing happened.
    So, what did I do? Did I cease my activities.

NO!
    PvP tales! - Page 31 Th?id=H.4971730543118669&pid=15

Oolacile Ivory in my right! Heater on my left! Strong Magic Shield equipped! Preparations complete!

"Come at me...Bro!"

Round 3...FIGHT!

Behold my Strong Magic Shield! Yes! Do as you please! Although flawed, the power of the Strong Magic Shield is beyond that which you can defeat! Yes, cower at the uselessness of your magics! Your TWoP has faded, my mobility has recovered, now...FACE ME!

Try as you might with your pathetic Moonlight Greatsword! Ah? Backstab attempt! Do not mistake me for a fool! Taste my counter backstab! You survived? Your VIT is most impressive! But, your ambush has failed, your magic has faded, your skill are lacking, you cannot hope to defeat me! Now taste my 3 hit stunlock! Yah, Yah, Yah! Still alive I see?

Alas, I have the lag advantage, this backstab shall end it once and for all!

*Disconnected from Host's World*
    FLAWLESS VICTORY

...Never heard from him ever again.

THANK YOU SIR!
    THAT WAS SO BEAUTIFUL!
    *falls unconscious*

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 08, 2024 9:19 am